PDA

View Full Version : Gym Leader Biographies

Oddish17
11th February 2003, 12:02 AM
Just wondering if anybody can help me out with the Gym Leaders. Pokemasters.net doesn't have all of them, and I'm working on a fic in which I want to add some of the gym leaders into it. I haven't watched much of the anime, so I don't know that much about the Gym Leaders. If anybody could provide any information or direct me to a site that has information that could help me, I would appreciate it. The unofficial Gym Leaders could also be helpful.

Sorry if I asked in the wrong forum, but I figured the personalities of the Gym Leaders is determined mostly from their anime appearances.

Thanks in advance.

Chris 2.1
11th February 2003, 12:28 PM
erm, well, i'll give it my best shot. are these Kanto or Johto leaders? I'll try Kanto, then Johto, and Orange Islands if i can be bothered.

brock
A brother to 11, Brock was the eldest brother of his family after his dad left to train Pokemon and his mother 'died'. However, his father returned to look after his brothers, Brock left on a journey. He studied under the aid of Professor Ivy, until she got sick of him and kicked him out. Brock travelled Kanto and Johto, before finding out his Mom was alive! Now with that info, and his brother Jirro(i think) as Gym leader, Brock is in Houen.

Misty
Misty was one of four sisters, sister to Daisy, Lilly and Violet. They were mean and nasty to hear, so Misty took her Pokemon (presumably Staryu and Starmie) and left. On the route to pallet town, she caught Goldeen (once again a presumption), and met Ash, who ran away from a gyrados. Misty has explored Kanto, Johto and even the Orange Archipelago. She is the current Gym Leader in Cerulean City.

LT Surge
Surge used to be in the army, training his electric Pokemon. He had a Pikachu, which he evolved very early on to give it power and strength. Raichu helped him in war, and still helps him in Vermillion City Gym. However, he now realised Pikachu can be just as strong after losing to ashes.

Erica
Owner of the Celadon perfume shop, Erica was saved by a Gloom when she was very young. The two became close friends, and the two battled side by side in the Celadon Gym. Erica also has a Tangela and a Weepinbell on her team.

Sabrina
A deprived child, her psychic powers isolated her from friends. This small emotion formed into a little girl, who stayed with Sabrina. Sabrina had a very strong Abra, which evolved against Pikachu. However, Sabrina's Kadabra became uselss after it got the hysterics, and she know has a Haunter on her team from Lavender town.

Koga
Koga trained with Iya at the Fuschia Gym (did anybody notice it's not in Fuschia City?). His Venonat evolved, and he also has a very powerful Golbat. His Gym has slanted rooms, distorted rooms and even light screens to confuse opponents. He has a Voltorb in his Gym, but it is unknown weather it belongs to him or not.

Blaine
I dont know much, but i think he's a riddle-maniac. He has Rhydon, Ninetales and Magmar, and lives on cinnabar Island.

Giovani
He's the leader of the Viridian Gym, and also the leader of team rocket. He tried to get Metwwo to work for him, which only worked for a short time. He still owns Team Rocket, and has commanded Jesse, James and Meowth to start a Hounn base over there.

I'd do Johto ones, but they seem to have little or nothing in the way of personality. I could try something later, but it'd be sorta hard, seen as they do what they have to :)

houndoom5
11th February 2003, 02:06 PM
the new fire gym leder has a grandfather that was in the elite four

Chris 2.1
11th February 2003, 03:18 PM
Falkner
A trainer of Bird type Pokemon, Falkner has dreamed of flying alongside his birds, so he uses a hanglider to really feel what his Pokemon do. He has a Pidgeot, Hoothoot and Dodrio, which are all extremely powerful.

Bugsy
Meh, he likes bugs...I don't know too much about him, cos i aint seen the eppi for a while. However, Sky1 are nearly showing it, as we're at the Mareep epi on the repeats in the morning, so i'll edit it soon.

Whitney
Neice to a farmer on the famour Moomoo farm (mysteriously near Goldenrod in the anime), Whitney trains her Miltank there, along with her cute Clefairy and her Nidorina (why her? she's poison!). She beat Ash 1st time, using Miltank's rollout to take out Cyndaquil, Pikachu and Totodile.

Morty
Morty of Ecruteak City trains under the influence of Ho-oh, and believes someday Ho-oh will appear to unite humans and Pokemon alike. He trains Gengar and its pre-evolutions, and holds the Fog badge.

Jasmine
Jasmine, despite training the Steel type, actually has 2 electric and 2 steel - Steelix and Magnemite are steel, while Sparkle (ampharos) and Magnemite are electric. Sparkle doesn't battle; instead, he lights up the shining lighthouse in Olivine City. Jasmine has one apprentice, Jenina, who has an Onix.

Chuck
Chuck of Cianwood City is very strong. He trains with Machoke everyday, and can now take an incredibly powerful submission attack from his Machoke. He also has a Poliwrath, which has an amazing physical strength.

Thats all i can do, as i have only seen those 6.

Mikachu Yukitatsu
12th February 2003, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by ShinyMarill
Blaine
I dont know much, but i think he's a riddle-maniac. He has Rhydon, Ninetales and Magmar, and lives on cinnabar Island.

I made a list like yours in yesterday evening and was going to post it here today...I have not got much to add. Perhaps a biography of Blaine, which, I think, is a little more extensive than yours:

Blaine

This mysterious gym leader disguises himself to a hippie and runs the gym secretly inside a volcano, a perfect enviroment for his Pokémon. He is hiding himself because he is an oppoturnist: Pokémon trainers have been replaced with tourists coming to the hot springs and that is why he runs hotel in the island instead.

Also, perhaps you should also get a little more characteristics:

Brock

Likes beautiful girls. Seeing one may turn him suddenly from a calm thinker to a lunatic who talks whatever comes to his mouth. Is going to be a great Pokémon breeder.

Misty

The lover of the water Pokémon. Loves also cute Pokémon such as Togepi. Her goal is to know everything about water Pokémon. Has an intersting temperament: she may get mad quite easily sometimes but can also be very sensitive and even romantic at least when talking about water Pokémon.

Lt. Surge

This "American Lighting" has a high self esteem, and, as ShinyMarill said, used to underestimate unevolved Pokémon but the battle with Ash may have changed his attitude...

Erika

She emphasizes the meaning of empathy when training Pokémon.

Nothing else to add, I think.

Oddish17
12th February 2003, 06:30 PM
Wow, thanks a ton ShinyMarill and Mikachu Yukitatsu. Your help is greatly appreciated :)