PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Laptops or PCs?

Water Pokemon Master
14th August 2004, 01:47 PM
What do you prefer more, laptops or PCs?

I prefer laptops, since they are highly portable and you can take them anywhere. You can also watch DVDs on them and take them anywhere you want to watch a movie.

[chris edit: added poll tag]

phaedrus
14th August 2004, 01:51 PM
Laptops, only if they have wireless internet.

WHERE'S THE POLL TAG? :confused:

Chris
14th August 2004, 01:57 PM
First offense; poll tag added. :)

I prefer desktops (nb: laptops are PCs too) to laptops really. Right now I'm typing this on a 2.4GHz Athlon XP. It cost me £250. If I were typing this on a laptop of the same spec, it would've cost me almost 3 times that amount. ;) Plus all the arguments about easier/cheaper upgrades, easier to fix and so on.

abunaidesu
14th August 2004, 01:58 PM
i prefer pcs because they are more stable and dont freeze as much

Aipom Of Doom
14th August 2004, 04:03 PM
I prefer desktops, as you can build them to your tastes :). And they're cheaper...

andyizcool
14th August 2004, 04:06 PM
I prefer Laptops because I've had one for some time now and like sitting with it in a comfortable position because you can move it anywhere you want to. I also installed a Network Card on it so I can be anyway in the house and still go on the Internet. PCs can have Network Cards too but they're just stuck in one place in the house so it isn't as useful.

Yoh Asakura
14th August 2004, 04:06 PM
I prefer desktops, as you can build them to your tastes :). And they're cheaper...

Posting to agree. Can get some really nice looking case mods for a DT, can't say that for a Lap though.

kainashi
14th August 2004, 04:12 PM
i prefer desktops to laptops because they're cheaper, upgradeable, customize them to your liking, and easier to upgrade and all that. :)

mr_pikachu
14th August 2004, 05:06 PM
I like laptops, because you can take them pretty much anywhere. It's an easy choice for me if they have wireless internet, but if they don't, it's kind of a pain to set it back up every time you get home. That's my only qualm with them, so I still prefer them over PCs. I've lost track of how many times I've gotten an idea to write something but haven't had anything to jot it down on. I really need a laptop... :(

cd
14th August 2004, 07:58 PM
i have never used a laptop before but by the sounds of things pc's have more advantages. plus i'm so used to using a pc i'll have to say i prefer a pc.

youdontknowme
15th August 2004, 08:56 PM
Depends what I'm gonna use it for.

PCs - I will use for everything: Graphic design, gaming, web browsing, chatting

Notebook - I'll use for: Not-so-heavy graphic design (No 3D stuff, only 2D), gaming (if I'm too lazy to switch to the PC), chatting, basically everything that I'll use like PC.
I like laptop keyboards but I hate the way they're laid out (since I'm used to a normal keyboard)

RedStarWarrior
15th August 2004, 09:43 PM
Desktops - Upgradeable, moddable, cheaper.
Laptops/Notebooks - Portable.

I think the Desktops have more advantages.

Wolfsong
16th August 2004, 06:02 PM
I have both, and personally, I like my lap top better. Its portable, which makes taking it to the dorm and home easier. Also this lap top that i'm on now, certainly doesn't freeze near as much. Overall I like my laptop better. The only downside is that it doesn't have an A drive.

homeofmew
19th August 2004, 10:40 AM
Laptops are nice, portable and pup a wireless vard in and get internet connection mostly any really crowded area. My PC is old and lame. But it is nice having a PC.

AntiAsh Superstar
19th August 2004, 10:44 AM
On the whole desktops win out in the end owing to being cheaper, easier to upgrade et cetera... laptops have a certain charm tho owing to portability and the fact that I'm kinda used to em now coz I either use Soo's laptop or this scary networked beast I'm on atm. ^^;;;

Katie
19th August 2004, 07:32 PM
I can't type worth a crap on a laptop. and the lil thingie you use for a mouse... blah I could never get used to one. <3 pc

~Katie

shazza
20th August 2004, 09:11 PM
desktops for sure ;);)

DarkTemplarZ
20th August 2004, 09:13 PM
laptops w/ wireless internet, much more portable

Thy
22nd August 2004, 04:01 PM
I say laptops if your a student or if you work. Carry it around when you're on the go. Plus all the new laptops have wireless. But then when you get home, you can put it into a dock and use a real moniter, keyboard, and mouse. If you only use a computer to just use the internet and for gaming, a desktop is a must though.

Pichu
22nd August 2004, 07:51 PM
PC.

labtops get so darn hot on the bottom. And especially drawing pics on the pad... which makes my fingers sore.
-.-

Jay
1st September 2004, 12:31 AM
they're both the same thing as stated :confused:

i like desktops because more can be done with them in my opinion, though i like the keyboards for laptops