PDA

View Full Version : How rare is King's Stone with Pickup?

Ellis_D._Trails
15th August 2004, 02:25 AM
Has anyone ever been able to get a King's Stone from the pick up ability? I've been doing that for hours now, getting mostly super potions and some rare candies. No King's Rock yet, though. Would it be easier to just keep on catching those two pokemon that may carry it when caught? Thanks

Toxicity
15th August 2004, 02:34 AM
It would probably be easier to probably catch the Pokemon that might be holding King's Rock, because I think King's Rock can't be obtained through Pick-Up as far as I can remember

Mitch's Bashamo
15th August 2004, 02:36 AM
I've got a few Kings Rock's with Pickup but I reccomend that you steal them from Hariyama's

Silent Dragonfly
15th August 2004, 04:08 AM
King's Rock is the rarest item avaliable from Pickup. I believe it's a 1% chance.

Poryhedron
15th August 2004, 07:41 AM
If you find an item, then there's a 1% chance that it'll be a King's Rock. Combine that with the base 10% chance (per Zigzagoon) of finding any item at all, and if you're only carrying one Zigzagoon you'll find a King's Rock roughly once every thousand battles.

Puaru
15th August 2004, 10:39 AM
I must have good luck (scratch that). From roughly 500 hours of gameplay and carrying (90% of the time while leveling) 3 Zigzagoon I have been able to obtain 11 King Stones via Pickup. I guess I never really compaired to hours played to the number of them I've gotten from pickup.

WingullTrainer
15th August 2004, 10:41 AM
would it be pointing out the obvious to tell you there's a kid in Mossdeep who gives You one as well?

andyizcool
15th August 2004, 10:44 AM
would it be pointing out the obvious to tell you there's a kid in Mossdeep who gives You one as well?
The person who asked the question in the beginning might have forgotten that. Or they could be wanting more King's Rocks for more Pokemon or something like that.

Puaru
15th August 2004, 11:03 AM
Don't you also get them as the random prize in Battle Tower? (well after what was it 35 wins there?) I can't remember :no:

andyizcool
15th August 2004, 11:08 AM
Don't you also get them as the random prize in Battle Tower? (well after what was it 35 wins there?) I can't remember :no:
I can confirm after 35+ wins at the Battle Tower you have a chance of being given a King's Rock. King's Rock is one of those pointless prizes at the Battle Tower like the Mental Herb, Quick Claw, etc that mean nothing to me in competitive battling.

Puaru
15th August 2004, 11:22 AM
They give like only 3 good prizes there IMO. Leftovers, Focus Band, and Choice Band (in no particular order).

Poryhedron
15th August 2004, 05:46 PM
I don't even consider Focus Band good. I don't think it activates often enough. How often does it activate, anyway? Anyone have a percentage stat?

andyizcool
15th August 2004, 05:50 PM
I don't even consider Focus Band good. I don't think it activates often enough. How often does it activate, anyway? Anyone have a percentage stat?
I've heard a lot before that the only chance you'll survive with 1 HP holding the Focus Band is 10% and that's not very good at all. It's like the Quick Claw, Scope Lens, and Brightpowder really accuracy wise.