PDA

View Full Version : Yu-Gi-Oh! Card Banning

Yoh Asakura
15th August 2004, 06:03 PM
Well September is nearlly here and so the ban list will change.

What cards do you think will be placed onto it? (Yeah I got the idea from Kelvs =P)

I hope Ex Virus, Theft, APS and DDVD are banned. Maybe the Chaos mons aswell since they're just annoying.

Mew Master
15th August 2004, 06:48 PM
If they modle the English Ban list like the Japanese List then the following Cards will be banned.

Raigenki
Cyber Jar
Imperial Order
Harpie's Feather Duster
Yata Garutsu

These are just banned from Tourny play, not from normal play.. that I know..

Plus the Chaos Monsters aren't that hard to beat. Infact, they're easy to kill.

Bottomless Trap Hole
Torrential Tribute
Dark Hole

And let's not forget the Counter Trap that is the apitamy of all Yu-Gi-Oh

Solemn Judgement.

And it's not limited >:}

Later.

SWAMPERT1
15th August 2004, 10:58 PM
Mew Master, were talking about the JPN. Game. lol :lol: any who, ASP, DDVD, Ex Virus, Killer Snake.

Last Exile
16th August 2004, 02:21 AM
How about Pot of Greed and graceful Charity?

Dark-San
16th August 2004, 07:51 AM
The following cards should be in the list:

Chaos Emperor Dragon
Sixth Sense
Android Psycho Shocker
Sinister Serpent
Pot of Greed

Well heres my guess~ Anywayz I personally dun like the idea of DDV being banned! Hey if it gets banned, I would like changing an entire of my deck! The deck which won me the nationals -_-"

the_dark_metagross
16th August 2004, 08:40 AM
Dufus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 Android Pysco Shocker is called JINZO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Muffin Man
16th August 2004, 10:20 AM
I really hope you're kidding.

Anyway, banning Pot of Greed is a horrible idea. Less drawing?

I say keep Pot of Greed off(the game has very little draw power as it is!) and add DDV.

SWAMPERT1
16th August 2004, 10:32 AM
Dufus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 Android Pysco Shocker is called JINZO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!
You...are...an idiot! :lol: *Points Fingure and Laughs* Know EXACTLY A)Were a person plays (because jpn and eng names are diffrent) and B) Android Psycho Shocker was first in Japan so thats the REAL name, America is just to stupid when it comes to cards and changed the name to Jinzo because of probably the "Psycho Shocker" part.

The Muffin Man
16th August 2004, 11:01 AM
You...are...an idiot! :lol: *Points Fingure and Laughs* Know EXACTLY A)Were a person plays (because jpn and eng names are diffrent) and B) Android Psycho Shocker was first in Japan so thats the REAL name, America is just to stupid when it comes to cards and changed the name to Jinzo because of probably the "Psycho Shocker" part.

You're just as bad.

"Durrhurr it's the REAL name!! Urrhurr"

No. The REAL name in japan is APS. In whatever area plays the english game, it's Jinzo.

Reality
16th August 2004, 11:31 AM
I agree with Yoh Asakura. The chaos has to go as well =P.

Also, I don't think Killer Snake and any of the Drawing Cards should be banned. Killer Snake is just a good card, not like crazy though. And the drawing cards speed up the game, without them, the game would be so slow and thus more boring me thinks.

Yoh Asakura
16th August 2004, 12:31 PM
I really hope you're kidding.

Anyway, banning Pot of Greed is a horrible idea. Less drawing?

I say keep Pot of Greed off(the game has very little draw power as it is!) and add DDV.

Angel's Gift, Careless Avarice, Yatagarasu Skeleton, Vase of Greed, Hand Obliteration, Metamorph Pot, Treasure of the Underworld, Skelangel, Sixth Sense, Royal Magic Librarian, Rich Goblin, Reward of Rebirth, Reload, Monster Recall, Mirage of Nightmares, etc, etc, etc.

Yes, very little draw power :sweat4:

Killer Snake shouldn't be banned since it's useless. It has weak stats and a poor effect. No use in banning it IMHO.

If Ex virus is banned then a lot of full theme decks will come back into play.

IF Pot Of Greed is banned, then I think it'll be a double shoot and they'll stick Angel's Gift with it. If that happens then duels are going to be slow... unless Sixth Sense is abused.

That's the new Chaos Deck out there BTW. Foolish Bur + Ex Maky/Phar's Shrine + SS + Yata + Vase for first turn CED to deal massive damage with a 16+ card hand.

I think APS will be on the list though, the newest set kind of hints towards it with the Trap Negators.

Last Exile
17th August 2004, 07:26 AM
Sixth Sense never even made it to English, so it would be weird to ban it. Ditto Deck Destruction Virus. But if it's an Asian ban, I clearly understand.

Ban CED and CS
Ban Jinzo
Ban Magical Scientist (MS + Catapault Turtle = the ultimate theme that is guaranteed to get 8 out of 10 first turn kills and guaranteed a second turn most other times, BAN HIM NOW!)
Ban Pot Of Greed and Graceful Charity

Magical Scientist has killed the game in Australia. No one plays anymore because of it. We're all playing Marvel now. There's $1,000 US tourneys 4 times a year and $10,000 US nationals. Get the picture?

Roy Karrde
17th August 2004, 11:35 AM
Liuic over at Pojo * Some one who is very reliable when it comes to translations of Yuugiou things that havnt come out yet * has posted this, The Ban list will be avaliable on V Jump 8-21 for one thing and second here is what it is rumored to have.

the next 10 forbidden cards are

1.カオス・ソルジャー-開闢の使者-
Chaos Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
2.混沌帝龍-終焉の使者-
Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End
3.ファイバーポッド
Fiber Jar
4.八汰烏
Yata-Garasu
5.いたずら好きの双子悪魔
Delinquent Duo
6.強奪
Snatch Steal
7.ハーピィの羽根箒
Harpie's Feather Duster
8.サンダーボルト
Raigeki
9.王宮の勅命
Imperial Order
10.破壊輪
Ring of Destruction

Again this is just a rumor at this point, but this guy is pretty reliable.

Yoh Asakura
17th August 2004, 12:15 PM
If that's right, then why are the cards in there English names and not there Japanese? =\

Snatch Steal? Is that Theft? Anywho, I'f that is the list I'm glad Eight Giant Crows is still there.

Nace
17th August 2004, 07:52 PM
Does that mean change of heart will no longer be banned? Pity about imperial still being there 'cos I only just got one :( Glad to see the chaos freaks there though.

The Muffin Man
17th August 2004, 10:56 PM
Angel's Gift, Careless Avarice, Yatagarasu Skeleton, Vase of Greed, Hand Obliteration, Metamorph Pot, Treasure of the Underworld, Skelangel, Sixth Sense, Royal Magic Librarian, Rich Goblin, Reward of Rebirth, Reload, Monster Recall, Mirage of Nightmares, etc, etc, etc.

Yes, very little draw power :sweat4:

Killer Snake shouldn't be banned since it's useless. It has weak stats and a poor effect. No use in banning it IMHO.

If Ex virus is banned then a lot of full theme decks will come back into play.

IF Pot Of Greed is banned, then I think it'll be a double shoot and they'll stick Angel's Gift with it. If that happens then duels are going to be slow... unless Sixth Sense is abused.

That's the new Chaos Deck out there BTW. Foolish Bur + Ex Maky/Phar's Shrine + SS + Yata + Vase for first turn CED to deal massive damage with a 16+ card hand.

I think APS will be on the list though, the newest set kind of hints towards it with the Trap Negators.

How many of those are restricted to one or have no drawback? Wether the odds are for you or against you, alot of those have a pretty steep downside.

Yoh Asakura
18th August 2004, 12:12 PM
Well Yata and Vase have no drawbacks and they're non restricted. SS is a great draw card, but it's effect does suck if all goes wrong.

EDIT: All cards that are no longer on the list will be unbanned.

EDIT EDIT: Wow, a lot of people want Angel's Gift & Pot Of Greed banned.