PDA

View Full Version : Upgraded to Firefox, help a newbie out

Zak
19th August 2004, 04:48 AM
Alright, first of all, I'll say this: Firefox is AWESOME. Although that probably seems like an understatement to most of you since it seems I was the only one left with IE for a while, wanted to see how long I could survive, rofl.

Anyway, it's going pretty well, except I have a few problems. First of all, the popup blocker is going fine, but is there a way to make it so EVERY SINGLE TIME it blocks one it doesn't have a message such as "OMG YOU GOT A POPUP, WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO DO WITH IT", and simply clicking cancel. Didn't see a 'stop notifying me' checkbox... so yeah, just a little help on that part.

Now... another thing. On certain sites such as AIM Express domain and Neopets, you know how you have to disable popups? (Well, I don't go to Neopets, I only know that from my brother and we haven't tested that yet) anyway, I put both those sites on the "whitelist". But like I said, while I dont know if I get the same problem at neopets, but whenever I sign on AIM express after having added that domain, it makes the browser crash...... wassupwidat?

That's basically all... thx in advance.

~Zak

RedStarWarrior
19th August 2004, 05:36 AM
Make sure you go through all of your options as disabling pop-up notification is in there. I am at work right now though, so I can't look for myself since I have IE on the computer here. John should hopefully come along soon.

GreenShirT
19th August 2004, 05:45 AM
To stop the notification of a blocked popup I think what I did was double click the little popup blockd icon in the bottom left of the browser (little box with an x in it) and in there was the option to uncheck notification.

As for allowing popups simply double clicking the link you want open seems to work for me instead of me having to add stuff to the list, dunno why it would crash though, might wanna try double clicking to open.

kainashi
19th August 2004, 03:51 PM
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7) Gecko/20040803 Firefox/0.9.3

is that the version you are using? (help > about firefox)

edit: aim express works fine for me.

Zak
20th August 2004, 12:14 AM
Well, isn't this ****ing nice...

anyway, not only is FX crashing when I load AIM express among other things, but it seems any site that requires opening another window is doing that, seeing as its crashing on a certain other official site with a weekly movie. I get this illegal operation in some .dll file error, and this Netscape Quality Feedback Agent thing pops up. Anyone have any idea WTF that's about?

And yes, I am using that version.

~Zak

RedStarWarrior
20th August 2004, 04:25 PM
I have gotten the Netscape thing before and it caused my browser to crash, but that stopped.

Zak
22nd August 2004, 07:14 AM
Alright, is there a way I can at least stop the "What should firefox do with this file" window?

~Zak

Animelee
22nd August 2004, 07:27 AM
Tools > Options > Downloads

[attachment deleted by admin]