PDA

View Full Version : DISCUSSION of the Week!?! Week beginni- oh, forget it...

Chris 2.1
19th August 2004, 01:44 PM
....Damn calander.

Anywho, another whopping funfilled fondant bun of fanficcy goodness for the Writer, Reader and Ozandrew in us all!

Seeing as last POTW was lame (Look...I was drinking) this one S.H.O.U.L.D be a weeeee bit better. (Note: If the Poll sucks, send any complains to the adress at the foot of the post).

What do you think about Sequels?

This is more of a discussion: Pick an option, maybe go into discussage and whatnot. Etc. Etc. Isn't it funny? I used to type Ect but...like...how does that work?

Anyway, I think Sequels can work really well, but obviously when done correctly. I like ending fics with cliffhangers, or have trails that carry on into another book. It's just interesting.

However, 'Teh CULLUR LEEG' and it's sequels "Jur-knee to Khanto", "Secrete's of Hoooohn" and of course, "Jhohtoh Jambourie" are unnecessary.

A sequel must include a different plot, goal, etc etc, something which means Trainer Fics can't usually have a very sucessful sequel, given that the forumula for Trainer Ficcy Goodness is fairly predecided.

However, I find Fantasy Fics give good sequels *COUGH*myfic*COUGH*. Seriously, though, fantasy fics, or questy ficcies can usually have a totally different plot, and that's cool.

But PREQUELS? Umm, thats like, so NEXT WEEK you beeyatch.

So yea, go nuts.