PDA

View Full Version : I need X-Box suggestions.

Razola
20th August 2004, 11:20 AM
I've ordered an X-Box online, and it'll be on the way in a few weeks. I need to know what's worth playing besides the upcoming Fable and Halo 2. Give me some suggestions, bearing in mind that:

-If it's on PC, I probably own it.
-I'm not getting Halo 1 since Halo 2 is only 2-3 months away.
-I can read release dates, so none of this crap about games that aren't even out yet.

Go at it.

classy_cat18
20th August 2004, 11:29 AM
KOTOR should be some good. I mean, you get to use the force on people! That and probably Panzer Dragoon Orta. I've never played it, but the Panzer Dragoon games on the Sega Saturn were pretty good.

Oh, and Project Gotham Racing. A good suggestion from a racing fan.

PNT510
20th August 2004, 01:32 PM
Ninja Gaiden - Just awesome.
Project Gotham Racing 2 - Best arcade racer IMO.
Panzer Dragon Orta - Lots of fun, I don't understand why it didn't sell better.
Shenmue II - Second part of the best Dreamcast game.
Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay - It's a great FPS, but it's short and doesn't have multiplayer, so maybe waiting for a price cut is best.
Buffy: The Vampire Slayer - A good action game. It's also pretty cheap.
Mech Assasult - I personly think it's over rated, but a staple of XBox Live.
Crimson Skies - Like Mech Assasult, just much better.

That's all I can think of for now. I might post some more later if I can think of any.

The Muffin Man
20th August 2004, 05:09 PM
I've play Ninja Gaiden(demo) and wasn't impressed. Then I played the full version. I was actually less impressed.

KoTOR and Crimson Skies should be a good addition. Oh and Riddick was really fun too...I guess you might wanna look into Sudeki. It's not too amazing but it's a time-waster.

Crazy
20th August 2004, 06:14 PM
TMM didn't like it because he got stuck on levels. Get PGR2 and Ninja Gaiden. Both have great gameplay and good graphics.

GreenShirT
20th August 2004, 06:24 PM
Suggestion 1: Ask for a refund from wherever you bought it.

Suggestion 2: They only fun game I personally would get on xbox would be HOTD3. Me and Suzie are always playing the arcade version and totally own at it, so get thet and a couple of the shotgun lightguns and you are good to go.

The Muffin Man
20th August 2004, 07:22 PM

Suggestion 2: They only fun game I personally would get on xbox would be HOTD3. Me and Suzie are always playing the arcade version and totally own at it, so get thet and a couple of the shotgun lightguns and you are good to go.

and KoTOR. Don't ever forget KoTOR.

MToolen
20th August 2004, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by The Muffin Man:
and KoTOR. Don't ever forget KoTOR.
Hey, TMM...

Originally posted by Razola:
-If it's on PC, I probably own it.

I personally liked [i]Jet Set Radio Future, which is cheap (usually $10 by now) and comes with another game, too (Sega GT 2002).

PNT510
20th August 2004, 11:17 PM

Hey Simon, how about you stop being a ****tard. Just because you have no taste in games doesn't mean Raz should get a refund.

Razola
20th August 2004, 11:28 PM
I'm buying the X-Box for Fable (getting an old one for cheap). I just want more reasons to play it.

The Muffin Man
21st August 2004, 12:21 AM
Hey, TMM...

I personally liked [i]Jet Set Radio Future, which is cheap (usually $10 by now) and comes with another game, too (Sega GT 2002).

Keyword - Probably. Besides, the X-Box version feels smoother with the switching between targets.

Last Exile
21st August 2004, 08:27 AM
Dead or Alive Extreme Beach Volleyball - the reson why half of Xbox owners get one.

Razola
22nd August 2004, 12:10 PM
Halo - the reason why all Xbox owners get one.
Fixed it up for you.

Last Exile
23rd August 2004, 12:26 AM
Who needs Halo when there's Counterstrike?!

PNT510
23rd August 2004, 05:24 AM
You obviously haven't played CS on XBox if you think it comes close to the mighty Halo.

MetalScyther
23rd August 2004, 11:58 AM
Why the hell did you buy one before Fable was released? If I was buying one exclusively for Fable than I would atleast wait to see how Fable turns out before investing money into it. In any case, what kind of deal did you get?

Anyway, my friend has this game called Metal Arms: Glitch in the System. I've never heard of the game before but the game is mad fun. I think he picked it up for onl $15 at EBGames, and as far as I know this is an Xbox exclusive. It is DAMN fun.

Also, GUNVALKYRIE is good. Only $10. My only complaint is how hard the game is to advance in.

One last thing that I didn't see if Rallisport Challenge 2. It's a solid game, but retails for around $30.

phaedrus
23rd August 2004, 12:51 PM
Also, GUNVALKYRIE is good. Only $10. My only complaint is how hard the game is to advance in.

It is difficult. I played a demo, and I probably only got 25-50 feet into the level before I almost died. ;.;

It is a good game. I went through a GUNVALKYRIE phase after looking at the cover. ;)

Razola
23rd August 2004, 01:43 PM
Why the hell did you buy one before Fable was released?
Because I wanted to make sure it got here before it came out. Being in a college town, there is not a single store that has an X-Box in stock right now. No joke.

If I was buying one exclusively for Fable than I would atleast wait to see how Fable turns out before investing money into it. In any case, what kind of deal did you get?
I got a controller and two games (including Jet Grind Radio Future, which I like) for about $110. Obviously I'm not buying it soley for Fable, otherwise I wouldn't have made this thread. Fable is just the primary reason.

PNT510
23rd August 2004, 04:23 PM
Why the hell did you buy one before Fable was released? If I was buying one exclusively for Fable than I would atleast wait to see how Fable turns out before investing money into it. In any case, what kind of deal did you get?

Anyway, my friend has this game called Metal Arms: Glitch in the System. I've never heard of the game before but the game is mad fun. I think he picked it up for onl $15 at EBGames, and as far as I know this is an Xbox exclusive. It is DAMN fun.

One last thing that I didn't see if Rallisport Challenge 2. It's a solid game, but retails for around $30.
Metal Arms is also for gamecube. I'm not sure about PS2 though.

Sarcastic Assassin
23rd August 2004, 05:10 PM
Burnout 2: Point of Impact. This is one kick-ass racing game. I don't think it's online, though (you can only post scores). Burnout 3's due out sometime in the next year, and it's sure to be kick-ass. Otogi: Myth of Demons was a great game, as well. And, if you don't have a PlayStation/PS2 already, DDR was released for XBox.

BTW, are you getting XBox Live?

PNT510
23rd August 2004, 06:05 PM
Burnout 3 doesn't come out next year, it comes out in a couple of weeks. EGM reviewed it and gave it game of the month.

DarkTemplarZ
23rd August 2004, 10:47 PM
Kingdoms Under Fire: The Crusades is coming out soon and should be a good game. It won't be expensive since it's under the radar a bit.

Mikey
24th August 2004, 08:15 PM
Metal Arms is a very fun game, buy it. Also, Unreal Championship and KOTOR are OUTSTANDING games. Brute Force is ok, kind of fun and you can't go wrong buying it for 10 bucks now.

lil_wayne
24th August 2004, 11:15 PM
If you're getting Xbox Live, I'd look into some sports titles... I've played a hell of a lot more ESPN Hockey + Football than any other game... other than that... Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow is VERY good, especially online... KOTOR is awesome... Ninja Gaiden is good... at least RENT Halo and beat it before it comes out... i'd also suggest the Halo books as reading material, whether you like the game or not they are simply great books... and will fill you in nicely for Halo 2... Morrowind GOTY Edition is worth picking up if RPG's are your thing, it's still an awesome game no matter how many times you've played through it and beat it