PDA

View Full Version : Poll : Hmmm...

Chikoo
20th August 2004, 05:35 PM
1. What is your nationality?
2. Are you a stereotypical person?
3. How many languages do you speak?

1. Mexican. Nothing else in me. No French, no Japanese, no nothing. I have two cousins who are white, but that doesn't count, does it? :o I was born in California, so I guess that'd make me American somehow. But I don't go around telling people I'm a Mexican-American. Sounds lame to me.
2. When I think about it, no. Although I did ride a burro once. 8)
3. English and Espaņol for obvious reasons. I learned Ingles by 3rd grade. It's way more easier to speak than Spanish, but way more harder to learn. The word I had trouble the most growing up was 'two'. Such a pain in the ass, but by 5th grade I could properly pronounce it. Two. Easy. :wave:

abunaidesu
20th August 2004, 05:59 PM
1 - chinese.
2 - maybe
3 - 3

phaedrus
20th August 2004, 06:48 PM
1. What is your nationality? Chinese
2. Are you a stereotypical person? Not really.
3. How many languages do you speak? Three.

Zak
20th August 2004, 06:59 PM
1. Israeli. Although technically of Eastern European ancestry.

2. Not really, actually. Even though I may make myself out to be the stereotypical Jew online, but that started from an inside joke.

3. Two.

RedStarWarrior
20th August 2004, 07:33 PM
American.
No, I don't think I am.
3; American English (because I know that American English is different from Recieved Standard English and I respect that difference), French, and Spanish.

Aipom Of Doom
20th August 2004, 07:38 PM
1. American? Uh... I really don't know beyond that.
2. No. Unless stereotypical people are geeks :).
3. English, a bit of Spanish, XHTML, C++, C, Javascript, PHP, Perl, and others :).

Jay
20th August 2004, 07:53 PM
1. australian, english
2. a bit
3. two fluent

Typact
20th August 2004, 08:14 PM
1. Polish and a little French, but living in America
2. I try not to be, but sometimes it escapes me. oO
3. English, about 3/4 of Spanish and a bit of Japanese

cd
20th August 2004, 08:26 PM
1. australian/maltese
2. sure
3. i only speak english

shazza
20th August 2004, 09:06 PM
-australian.
-no.
-two.

DarkTemplarZ
20th August 2004, 09:09 PM
1) 3/4 Russian, 1/4 Ukranian. Living in USA

2) Not really

3) Four

Zalika
20th August 2004, 11:27 PM

-Egyptian/German, with a little Russian in me too.

-Not really...

-3: Arabic, English, and German. I want to learn Japanese and Russian too, though that will be mad hard.

~Zalika :scared:

bakahams7er
21st August 2004, 02:06 AM
1. canadian.
2. as a human, i suppose.
3. two, english and french.

FireBlast
21st August 2004, 09:13 AM

I am an Israeli person from the state of Israel.

No.

2 languages fluently (English, Hebrew), 1 not as good (Russian).

Tainted
21st August 2004, 11:35 AM

1) Primarily Ukrainian, with little bits of English, Scottish and Irish as well.

2) No. I've got a bit Ukrainian build and I eat an early supper (5:00 pm usually) but that's about it.

3) English, shitty french, shitty german.

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

Anju
21st August 2004, 01:27 PM
1. American (White)
2. I don't think so.
3. English is my first language. I took two years of French, but I don't remember much. I've taken two years of Japanese, and I'm starting my third year in September. I want to take it in college and get a degree.

Crystal Mew
21st August 2004, 03:55 PM
1. I'm American, but americans are typically more than one race,and I'm part japanese, german/english, sweedish, and dutch, or something o0;

2. No, I'm not

3. 1, and thats english, this year I need to learn spanish, I should have done it in 9th grade, but I've been putting it off...meh

suzie
21st August 2004, 05:11 PM
im mostly swedish, with some canadian, english, irish, and german

what??

two, english and french

kainashi
21st August 2004, 06:17 PM
1. mostly german, cherokee and scottish. a few others to a lesser extent.
2. nope.
3. just english. a few words in german and such though. :o

Gengachu
22nd August 2004, 08:51 AM
1. I'm of mixed European descent and I was born in America
2. I don't really think there is a stereotypical American. Yeah some people believe that were all very patriotic, but other than that I don't think there is one, so no.
3. The only language I know well is English, but I know a little German and Spanish, also.

DarkPsychicCharizard
22nd August 2004, 03:10 PM
1. I'm an Israeli person of eastern European ancestry.
2. I don't really know who is the stereotypical Israeli person, but I have a feeling I'm not it.
3. I speak Hebrew and English fluently. I also speak French fairly well, and I also know some Japanese and Swedish.

PS100
22nd August 2004, 03:51 PM
1) Mostly Irish, a bit of Welsh, Scotch, and English in me too.

2) No, considering I'm anti-alcohol.(lol)

3) English, and I know a bit of Japanese, though not even enough to get directions.

PS

Agent Elrond
22nd August 2004, 06:59 PM

United States of American, but I'm a mix of races. Everything from Japanese to Irish.

I'll just say... uh, NO and leave it at that.

Fluently, just English, but I would like to learn Japanese, and if possible, Sindarin.

Pichu
22nd August 2004, 07:49 PM
1. Chinese.
2. Nope.
3. Fluently English, Cantonese. Not fluent, Mandarin. Newbie: Japanese (i know a bit, but more than normal.)

Fett One
22nd August 2004, 08:46 PM
American. I have russian ancestors but thats going back 3 generations.

I don't think I am.

Just english. Those 3 semesters of spanish I took in college went to waste since I never managed to learn it despite all of the studying I did.

master_alka
23rd August 2004, 04:28 PM
1<Canadian(but maybe a bit of american native and irish, it's a bit of mistery in my family)

2<I don't think so... I hope

3<French,english and thats it (trying desperatly to learn spanish)

Eternal Eievui
23rd August 2004, 09:43 PM
1. Guatemalan, NOT Mexican o.O;;;

2. I hope not.

3. English and Spanish. I do have German blood in me, but I just never went to Germany or those other countries around it :/

Wolfsong
23rd August 2004, 10:44 PM

I'm American. Though i have ties to Native American, German, and Irish (some of my grandparents, and great grandparents.)

I don't really think so.

One. English. I took two years of Spanish in high school, but i remember very few words, mostly because we didn't really have that great of a teacher, thoguh i thought she was good at the time. however, looking back...

Gaborn
23rd August 2004, 11:10 PM
1. I'm American. My family tree is a bit spread out, so let's just leave it at that.

2. It depends on what sterotype. I'd be lying if I said that none of them applied to me.

3. *sigh* I am fluent in English, Spanish, French, Italian and German. My Japanese is a bit shakey, and I can only say a few things in Portuguese. I'm kind of... filthy rich, so I've travelled quite a bit.

mr_pikachu
25th August 2004, 05:03 PM
I'm white, and that's all I really know. I've got several nationality backgrounds from European countries, I believe.

Not really. I'm the chess geek who takes martial arts classes, and is nearing the point of teaching them as well. That's hardly stereotypical.

One, unless you count the 50-something words I know in Spanish... well, adios! :wave:

Toxicity
25th August 2004, 05:15 PM

1. I'm a resident of the United States, but my ancestry is primarily Irish and Scottish with strands of Dutch, Polish, Welsh, Russian, Ukrainian, Italian and Native American(Choctaw) tucked underneath. There is common belief in the family that my Dutch-Italian great-grandmother was half-Japanese, though...

2. No, I'm not. EDIT: But I'm a "dark Irish" on both sides of the family(at least as my mom says it. I have dark brown hair) and pretty much consume a good amount of cornbeef, cabbage, and potatoes.

5. Currently two I completely can speak: English and Dutch. I'm training myself with Japanese, and thinking if I should study French or not.