PDA

View Full Version : [p] "What the **** is that on the radio now?"

phaedrus
21st August 2004, 11:51 AM
Since this forum is ****ing empty, I decided to make this (Please note I am a fan of music [most of it] - the most pure form of art, so most of the polls you may see from me will most likely be music-related):

1. What is your favorite genre(s) of music?
2. What is your least favorite genre(s) of music?
Optional 3. In the middle lies...?

1. Rock (Classic, or more recent "regular" rock), Alternative Rock (includes Punk/Pop-Punk), Classical music, Blues, Jazz
2. Rap, Pop, Techno, Metal
3. R&B.

EDIT: Hey, p#1575!

kainashi
21st August 2004, 12:01 PM
1. heavy metal and rock. i don't get into the whole different genre thing (ie. death metal, black metal, etc.) :sleep:
2. pop and techno.

"pop-punk" is that mtv bullshit, isn't it? :cry:

Typact
21st August 2004, 12:40 PM
1. 80's Rock, J-Rock
2. American Rap/Pop/Rock/Just about everything else (epecially all that reality tv everyone-wants-their-15 minutes of fame crap oO)
3. J-Pop o___O

abunaidesu
21st August 2004, 12:46 PM
1 - anything, it just depends on my mood.
2 - country music

Yoh Asakura
21st August 2004, 12:49 PM

Rock - Anything that sits there (goth rock, J-rock, etc)
Metal - Same with Rock, anything that sits there.

Rap, Pop, techno, country.

PNT510
21st August 2004, 01:39 PM
1. Punk/Pop-Punk/Metal
2. Rap
3. Techno/Trance

Crystal Mew
21st August 2004, 03:44 PM
1. rock, alternative rock, r&b, pop ( :oh: )

2. country

3. oldies. :lol: which is music from the 60's-80's

:sweat4:

cd
21st August 2004, 05:51 PM
i can listen to most anything if it has a decent beat. but i can't stand slow/quiet songs. my favourite genre is rock/metal.

shazza
21st August 2004, 06:37 PM
metal and classical ;);)
-pop !!

en0miz
21st August 2004, 10:24 PM
Rap and r&b. :yes:

Metal, or whatever you call the type of rock where it's mostly screams and thrashing music.

I guess pop-rock. o_O Rock isn't my thing at all, but from time to time when I watch mtv, I find songs like that one by Maroon 5 not that bad and actually kinda catchy.

phaedrus
21st August 2004, 11:11 PM
"pop-punk" is that mtv bullshit, isn't it? :cry:

That would be Green Day, old skool blink-182 is more pop-punk. Which is good music. "fake-punk" is the MTV bullshit.

SWAMPERT1
21st August 2004, 11:19 PM
1. Alternative Rock (Punk-Pop stuff)
2. Metal, Goth Rock (Well basically anything I cant understand except for screaming.) also, country also RAP.

Kirei
22nd August 2004, 02:39 AM
I'm not very good at what genre something is in, but I'll try:

Bouncy rock/punk: Simple Plan, Bowling for Soup, Starting Line, etc.

Rap, RnB, Dance, Hip Hop, anything like that, especially whiny things.

Proper punk - I'm not a massive fan but I hear it a lot because of Ade. It's kind of in the middle because I prefer the bouncy, throwaway variety. :196:

kainashi
22nd August 2004, 08:25 AM
That would be Green Day, old skool blink-182 is more pop-punk. Which is good music. "fake-punk" is the MTV bullshit.what is new school blink 182 then? :confused:

Gengachu
22nd August 2004, 08:36 AM
1. Industrial, Metal, Alternative Rock, Video Game
2. Rap, pop, emo
3. everything else

And Blink-182 always sucked, they just got progressively worse.

phaedrus
22nd August 2004, 09:56 AM
what is new school blink 182 then? :confused:

Post-punk.

In reference to Gengachu, no, they have not. You are just prejudiced against white guys who masturbate profusely. ;)

kainashi
22nd August 2004, 10:26 AM
Post-punk.are you pulling this out of your ass or what?

Syberia
22nd August 2004, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Strat:
In reference to Gengachu, no, they have not. You are just prejudiced against white guys who masturbate profusely. ;)
He must hate the Beastie Boys too, then :(.

Gengachu
22nd August 2004, 12:47 PM
The Beastie Boys are fine. I just think Blink sucks because their lyrics and music are extremely immature. I may have liked them when a couple years ago, but I've grown up since then. The guitar parts usually suck, and all the bass parts do is follow the guitar. And Tom Delounge is a really crappy singer, who started a trend of crappy singers. The only Blink albums that are halfway decent were the first two and Box Car Racer(which is actually pretty good).

homeofmew
22nd August 2004, 12:50 PM
1. What is your favorite genre(s) of music? Japanese Pop Music
2. What is your least favorite genre(s) of music? Country/ Western
Optional 3. In the middle lies...? Rock Music

Music Dragon
22nd August 2004, 01:18 PM
1: Jazz music, it's my favorite.
2:
Metal, or whatever you call the type of rock where it's mostly screams and thrashing music.Good answer.

3:Almost anything else. All music (not the one I told you I don't like) is OK, but it depends on what I'm looking for or feel like.

phaedrus
22nd August 2004, 06:54 PM
are you pulling this out of your ass or what?

The Cure = Post-punk.

Gengachu: I've heard worse singing then Tom. Trust me. And their new album is mature now. No masturbating anymore. Just one song about sex, which happens to be the title track. ;p

nightcrow
22nd August 2004, 08:32 PM
1. my favorite genres range from the heaviest extreme metal (yes, that screaming and thrashing music - theres a lot more talent to be found there than you imagine probably :oh: ) to classical. I'm not really genre-picky.

2. i hate "funk rock" like those dumb bands that usually start with "the" or whatever. it annoys me soooo much.

3. my music tastes are actually quite weird- i have a soft spot for dance and country. i also like spanish music :)

Gengachu
23rd August 2004, 10:49 AM
The Cure = Post-punk.

Gengachu: I've heard worse singing then Tom. Trust me. And their new album is mature now. No masturbating anymore. Just one song about sex, which happens to be the title track. ;p

So Blink-182 has a song called Blink-182? Or are you unaware of the new album(which sucks just as much as ever). I wouldn't know of it, but my brother's a fan. Or is there some new album?

Edit: And on Amazon, Blink is listed as General Rock, Punk Revival, and Pop-Punk. No mention of "Post-Punk".

Pichu
23rd August 2004, 12:41 PM
1. I guess pop/classic.
2. i hate rap, rock, and anything thats too loud. oh yeah, i hate swearing songs too.
3. jazz.

phaedrus
23rd August 2004, 12:44 PM
So Blink-182 has a song called Blink-182? Or are you unaware of the new album(which sucks just as much as ever). I wouldn't know of it, but my brother's a fan. Or is there some new album?

Edit: And on Amazon, Blink is listed as General Rock, Punk Revival, and Pop-Punk. No mention of "Post-Punk".

No, blink-182's new album, basically, doesn't have a title. I just refer it as that because there is no other name. =| And no, their new album doesn't suck ass.

Post-punk influences, not necessarily "post-punk." blink-182 has been drawing influences from The Cure, The Police, Led Zeppelin, Failure, and stuff like that (on their newest album).

EDIT: And IIRC, Box Car Racer is actually not blink-182. I think it's Tom + Travis + Random-Bassist.

lil_wayne
23rd August 2004, 03:06 PM
1. Rap
2. Country
3. Classical + Rock + R&B are okay sometimes

mr_pikachu
25th August 2004, 05:08 PM
Pokemon. Oh, wait, that's not a genre. I'll go with soft rock, then. ;)

Probably rap. Just about every rap song I've ever heard is terrible. My personal music motto is, "Rap is crap." Catchy, huh?

Butter. Mmm... the fresh taste of butter sandwiches. *stuffs butter sandwich into mouth* Tahsslly! :lol:

Toxicity
25th August 2004, 05:29 PM

1. J-pop, J-rock, Most forms of rock(besides the teenybopper crap that has only one or two albums shown on MTV(Good Charlotte, etc.). Favorite bands include Breaking Benjamin, Franz Ferdinand(sure, they just made debut this year, but they're pretty good), Finger Eleven, Modest Mouse, Switchfoot, and a few others). I also like a few forms of soft rock like Maroon 5, but not too much.

2. Pop(as in Britney and all of those boy bands), Rap(Hip-Hop is okay at times, but I despise Rap), Teenybopper rock(see above), Country, and some others.

3. Techno and Hip-Hop, I guess.

FireBlast
25th August 2004, 09:18 PM
1. I can listen to pretty much everything... My favorite types of music are Progressive and Power Metal (and that doesn't mean I don't listen to MTV bullshit sometimes).

2. Dance music.

3. I don't know.

Jay
1st September 2004, 12:33 AM
1. i don't really care. i like and hate music from pretty much all genres
2. country, rap, pop, hillbilly, anything similar to those :mad:
3. rock, metal