PDA

View Full Version : Ariados?

Tenco
23rd August 2004, 12:18 AM
Ariados is one of my fav. pokemon so... I play with my fav. pokemon and Ariados really sucks, but i dont care. I just want to kick someones @$$ with an ariados and pwn him.. Any ideas, movesets, anything to help me with an ariados would be great. thankx

Xenesis
23rd August 2004, 12:38 AM
Cor. Picked a toughie there.

This is all I can think of.

Ariados-Swarm
Adamant Personality
252 Attack, 129 HP, 129 Def
Substitute (Firered/Leafgreen Move tutor) or Baton Pass
Signal Beam (Egg move)
Sludge Bomb (TM)
Agility

I'm not sure how good that it, but it should do ok.

Rabid_Cow
23rd August 2004, 08:02 PM
I love Ariados too! I play with one w/this M/S:

http://www.pokemasters.net/images/games/ruby_sapphire/rs323.png @ Bright Powder (EV's 252 HP, 129 Sp. Def./Def.)
<>Spider Web<>Agility (Will be Substitute)<>Baton Pass<>Sludge Bomb<>

He's very, very, very, very, very, fun to beat a friend with. Agility will be definetally switched w/Substitute as soon as Fr/Lg gets here. The plan is to trap then switch to whatever has an advantage.

Tenco
26th August 2004, 08:51 PM
Lol, only 2 replys. Well i guess he isnt used alot, apparently, thanx guys

Xenesis
27th August 2004, 07:21 AM
Unfortunately, he's in the 'never used' category, along with a majority of the other bugs.

MaxPegasus42
27th August 2004, 07:42 AM
Ariados can be good, usually you throw it on a team with Scizor/Ninjask(just make sure none of your other pokemon have a fire problem), and pass Agility/Speed Boosts and Swords Dance to it, then as most suggested, you use Sub on Ariados, then get a Salac or Liechi berry acitvated, and sweep things like crazy with Signal Beam (Swarmed up)... usually if you play for the baton pass you would set it up as

Signal Beam
Hidden Power (I forget which one is best, but Rock or Ground probably)
Substitute
Sludge Bomb/Spider Web (some like to use Spider Web for against Blissey)

I donno if thats exactly correct, but it seems right... one thing ariados is good for is to beat Blissey up... if they dont immediately switch out, blissey gets Spider Webbed and it will be downed by Ariados... Ariados is good, but fairly specialized to its defenses being eh... so instead of passing Agility/Swords, you could pass Iron Defense or Amnesia to it to make it perhaps last longer... donno

IcyLapras
31st August 2004, 12:08 PM
Toxic
Spiderweb
Signalbeam/Substitute/Dig?
Sludgebomb

Sorry... haven't really gotten used to the gba games yet...