PDA

View Full Version : The (Not Yet Mod-Approved) Anime Music Thread

Red Angel
11th February 2003, 09:33 PM
OK... we've got an anime review thread, a fansub thread, a non-anime animation thread, and even a cosplay thread :rolleyes: ... but where's a thread where we can discuss the oh-so-loveable tunes from various series... so in an attempt to start such a thread, I'll post a few anime songs and why they're so good...

Vandread 1st Stage (Full Opening): My all time fave anime song, this is just such an awesome song... not too loud and obnoxious (See some Gundam music for that, especially dubbed versions), but a nice, charming little tune... once I got it in my head it was stuck there.... and I can't stop listening to it...

Neon Genesis Evangelion (Cruel Angel's Thesis): Melodious, beatiful, and haunting, this song really can really move you... especially if you know the words and have watched the Evangelion series...

Slayers (everyhting, almost): Just about every Slayers song is good, both opening and ending... they're lighthearted, catchy, and adventurous... just like the series itself...

One note: all of the above songs are the Japanese versions, not the English ones (if they exist, I'm not sure)...

OK, people, post away... I want to see how long it takes for this to be made sticky :wave: ... cause it probably should (unless I'm wrong and you all don't care one bit about anime music...)

Pokemon Neo
11th February 2003, 11:26 PM
EVERY Anime fan should hear "Mina Soko ni Nemure".It's the ending theme to Blue Submarine No.6.(I forgot to post this while I was defending Blue Sub 6 on that other thread) This is just one of the most beautifully composed songs I have ever heard.It's a shame not that much people get to hear it because Blue Sub 6 is one of the most unnoticed and under-rated Animes out there.

Onegai! Give this song a chance! I strongly recommend it. And if you don't like it,you're an idiot! XD lol j/k

Ashi-chan
12th February 2003, 01:11 AM
I LOVE anime music! It's so kickin' cool and stuff! I like a lot of anime music, but right now I'm hooked on:

1)"Butter-fly (boys)" Digimon Adventure - The original version of the first Digimon season's op. theme itself is cool, but this newer version is j/ awesome/adorable! Instead of Wada Kouji, the first season Chosen Children boys Yamato, Koushirou, Jyou (drool...), and Taichi and their Digimon partners sing. It's so cute! I bet the seiyuu had a load of fun collaborating for this song! It's j/ so fun, and the harmonization's j/ nifty!

2)"King Gainer Over!" Overman King Gainer - Not a very well-known anime yet, but this op. theme kicks! It's got so many different tones all @ once--it's freaky/different/hilarious/cool/catchy/etc. Can't really describe it. Gotta download it and listen to it yourself.

Ultimate Charizard
12th February 2003, 04:22 AM
Finally, a good odea for a thread ;)

Im heavily into anime music although i prefer the upbeat 'rock' style tunes. Something with a little growl rather than pure harmony. Like Butter-fly. Its a great tune but it has that unmistakeable Guitar sound.

Dont get me wrong im not just looking for a song with a 'wailing axe' in the background. Softer songs are great but the best are the ones that start slow and soft then slowly build up and hit you with the 'big finish'. An example of this is 'Cruel Angels thesis' as someone mentioned earlier.
Also the Trunks theme 'No will power' from the DBZ series.

One i like at the moment is 'You get to burning' from an anime that surprisingly few have heard of called 'Martian Successor Nadesico'.

As for a Dub theme another barely heard of anime called Blue Gender has a theme tune that takes me back to the days of 80's rock. (Showin my age). Im not sure of its title since ive never been able to find it but it does have a japanese version to it as its sung at the very end of the series.

Last Exile
12th February 2003, 09:26 PM
Yeah, might warrant being a thread! ;) It's a good suggestion. I'll see what I can do

My fave themes:

Pokemon Johto Journeys - Fast, lively and funny

Zoids ending theme - high speed techno-rock, murderous and perfect soundtrack to deadly combat

Card Captor Sakura opening theme: Beautiful all round. Vocals are lovely, instrumentation is perfect, good scenes picked too

Dragonball Z opener and ending for the Majin Buu saga: Fast, furious, no annoying vocals, just a massive beat and and a killer rift to boot! Seeing Hercule's TV explode in his face is classic! :D

Mewtwo-D2
12th February 2003, 09:41 PM
I love anything by Yoko Kanno, from Tank! to Sora's Song. Macross, Cowboy Bebop, Escaflowne... All so pretty.

I also love the first ending theme from Arc the Lad, Happy Tomorrow by NiNa. Still looking for any mp3's though...

Misty's Tears
13th February 2003, 08:32 PM
ahh, three cheers for Yoko Kanno! its like the complete opposite of most of the music i listen to but i just love the song called "Yubiwa" . I think its played at the very end of the Escaflowne movie that came out here not all that long ago. Its very well done, go listen to it....

im not shure if this counts but who cares its good enough to make any list. All the muisc from Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross, espically chrono cross, composed by Yasunori Mitsuda, best best stuff ever. actually, i guess you could call these anime games, so it counts. if you havent heard this then you are missing out.

kalad1
13th February 2003, 09:19 PM
I like the "Kenshin vs. Aoshi" music and I also Like the intro to Rockman.EXE

powermudkip
13th February 2003, 10:24 PM
I like the latest Yu-gi-oh theme song
and the Pokemon Master Quest
theme song.

Red Angel
14th February 2003, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by Ultimate Charizard
Finally, a good odea for a thread ;)

One i like at the moment is 'You get to burning' from an anime that surprisingly few have heard of called 'Martian Successor Nadesico'.

I've heard of it, and heard IT... I actually have it on my CD in my player right now... it's preety good, but not as good as vandread, eva and slayers...

Oh, and other good ones are the opening from Nadia: Secret of Blue Water, and the Saber Marionette opening...

One question for the mods... are we allowed to post the URls of Anime Music download sites here? Just wondering...

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
14th February 2003, 11:32 AM
Ah-HA! Now MY favourite dubbed-anime song has GOT to be the Cantonese-dub Beyblade theme!! ALL HAIL AARON KWOK!!! *worshipworship* Uhh... right. I love the Hong Kong dubbers just for getting that one song for the opening... (forgot the name tho -_-) Incidentally, I have this biased opinion that all the HK dubs for anime are the best ones ^_^() *hides*

That aside, I also like the end theme for Senkaiden Houshin Engi (aka Soul Hunter), 'Friends' by Chihiro Yonekura. It's such a nice, happy, positive song... it's too bad the anime is rather, eh, obscure... *hugs Taikoubou*
Continuing with the comparatively-obscure-anime-based-on-Chinese-myths thing, I think that every song from Gensoumaden Saiyuki is extremely catchy (and loud), especially the OP's and ED's, with the hard-rock guitar riffs. (But for guitar musics it's best to listen to the Trigun ST)

Pokemon Neo
14th February 2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Citrus Crush Chikorita

Zoids ending theme - high speed techno-rock, murderous and perfect soundtrack to deadly combat

Ah,that's actually the opening intro in the japanese version.The song is called "No Future".Yeah,that song kicks some major @$$.(um,assuming that you are talking about New Century Zero that is.^^; The series with Bit Cloud,Leena,etc.)

BTW,does anyone know what the names of the Trigun and Hellsing intro are?

EngiMatikul
14th February 2003, 02:36 PM
Has anyone heard the theme of "Spiral"? Dang, it's the ABSOLUTE MOST OBNOXIOUS YET ADDICTING SONG EVER!!

Well, actually its only the voice that's obnoxious, otherwise it's a really nice song (why else would it be addicting?).

Azumanga's Sorinami(sp?) Cake gets "most out there" anime theme.

Love Hina's theme Sakura Saku is the most dischordant melodic piece of music I've ever heard.

I don't know why but I just like Raison d'etre, the ending of Chobits.

This should be an Asian pop thread as well. Hurray for S.H.E. and FinKL!! But FinKL broke up... :(

lugia222
14th February 2003, 11:07 PM
I'm not going to say why because there's too many to count.

Congratulations!
My Heart Your Heart
One
Scarlet
Mask (Masa Mix)
What's Up Guys?
Anata To Ireba
Catch You Catch Me (Remix)
Ashita E No Melody
Dreaming
Fruits Candy
Groovy
Hitorijime
Honey
Platinum
Tank
Rush
Real Folk Blues
Butter-Fly
Hitori Janai
Dual!
Real
Yubiwa
Aoi Hitomi
Hikari No Naka E
Mystic Eyes
Yakusoku wa Irani
Itooshi Hito no Tameni
Flying In The Sky
10 Years After
Invoke
Just Communication
Mind Education
Rhythm Emotion
Snow Planet
White Reflection
Obsession
Yasashi Yoake
Key of the Twilight
Every Heart
My Will
Fukai Mori
Change The World
Hikari to Kage wo Dakishimeta
Lullabye
Yuzurenai Negai
Junky Boy
Wind Rides on Wings, Wings Ride on the Wind
Fly Me To The Moon
Zankoku Na Tenshi No Thesis
Hiru No Tsuki
Tsuki No Ie
Through The Night
Yappapa
Dance Wheel Revolution
Toki Ni Ai Wa
Truth
Kimi wa Dare wo Mamotte Iru - Acoustic
Heart of Sword
Sobakasu
Tactics
Moonlight Densetsu
Breeze
Don't Be Discouraged
Feel Well
Get Along
Give A Reasom
Jama Wa Sasenai
Kujikenai Kara!
Somewhere
Sora E
Velvet Underworld
eXDream
Kawaita Sakebi

Yeah, that's just random stuff I picked out of my MP3 List. Don't want to count it.

EDIT: 64, but my mp3 CD consists of 218 songs, including a lot of my DDR/Dance music that I really dun wanna list.

Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
15th February 2003, 04:14 AM
Originally posted by Pokemon Neo
Ah,that's actually the opening intro in the japanese version.The song is called "No Future".Yeah,that song kicks some major @$$.(um,assuming that you are talking about New Century Zero that is.^^; The series with Bit Cloud,Leena,etc.)

BTW,does anyone know what the names of the Trigun and Hellsing intro are?
The Trigun OP is called 'H.T.', performed by Tsuneo Imahori (I wanna know what the H.T stands for...) I have no idea what the Hellsing OP's called though. ^_^;;

Bandi [GHK]
25th February 2003, 07:02 PM
Anime songs, eh?
Okay, here are my favorite ones:
Dragonball Z - Gohan SSJ2 Spirit versus Spirit
I just really kind of like this song, and that moment was like, the best part in DBZ. Ever.

Escaflowne - Dance of the Curse
This one seems really action-filled and everything. I can just picture the Escaflowne fighting off the bad guys with all the action and everything.

Sailor Moon - Neptune and Uranus (Sailor Moon Violin Medley)
This was the first anime song I ever heard. Listened to. Yeah.
And I just thought that it was ABSOLUTELY UTTERLY GREAT!
So much emotion... stirs up my heart.
(Then again, anything played by Vanessa Mae in her Violin Techno Acoustic Fusion styles stirs up my heart. Seriously.)

Gundam Wing - Just Communication
I don't know much Japanese and I actually memorized this song! (I memorized the DBZ one to, actually... but thats besides the point). I really like the singers voice, and then its like a fast part, then a slow part, and then another faster part. Just awesome.

So yeah. Those are my favorites.
Wait a minute. I just heard Butter-fly.
Sounds like something I'd listen to often. Yeah. Yeah! I like the upbeat tune of it. It sounds kind of. Hopeful? Exciting? Yeah.

WAIT A MINUTE! Just editing here, I forgot my very first anime watched. EVER.

Macross Plus - Voices
Both the English and the Japanese version are AMAZING! Its just simply... mezmerising. Awesome. Can't describe it. Too busy being hypnotized by song to go into infinity.

and, one I've watched recently...

Metropolis - The Whole Soundtrack
Just fits the whole movie PERFECTLY. Something that you do not want to miss. Oh, and Ray Charle's "I Can't Stop Loving You" and Itsudaka something or another's "El Bombero" are awesome!

SingingJigglypuff
25th February 2003, 08:30 PM
Here are some of my favorites, listed by series:

Inuyasha

Change the World
Dearest (especially the acoustic version)
Every Heart
My Will

Vision of Escaflowne

Actually, this entire soundtrack is amazing, IMO.

Hack//sign

See Vision of Escaflowne

Shoujo Kakumei Utena

Sunlit Garden
Rinbu Revolution

Adolescence of Utena (Movie)

Toki Ni Ai Wa

Weiss Kreus

There are a lot of good songs from this series, although I haven't seen it.

Gundam Wing

Last Impression

Angelic Layer

The Starry Sky

Noir

See Vision of Escaflowne

Slayers

Give a Reason

Star Ocean EX

To the Light

Final Fantasy Unlimited

Romancing Train

::looks at list:: Ummm, I think that's quite enough rambling for now. ;)

Kallero v4
1st March 2003, 05:14 PM
>.>

DBGT ending (forgot the name)

Just about every song from Cowboy Bebop...

Openning theme song to Outlaw Star (Full version)

Inuyasha: My will, Change the world, the second american ending song (dont know the name ><) Akia, and Toki Wo Koete

The ending american theme song to Zoids Zero...

too lazy to think of anything else >.>

Nightingale23
2nd March 2003, 01:50 AM
Ginga Sengoku Gunyuuden Rai (don't think anyone knows it :( )
Thunder Succession (the opening theme)

Pokémon
Raikou Special Intro
Advance Generation intro
Pokémon Johto

Gundam Seed
Intro theme

That's about it...

KaptainSarcasm
2nd March 2003, 08:45 AM
Kuyashisa o koraete keri ageta ishi koro
hanekaereba diayamondo ni monaru...

"If the stone you kicked while enduring mortification bounced back, it might even become a diamond."

I love that song. You get to burning!

I also like, of course, the opening to Evangelion. How can you not? ^^

I agree that Yoko Kanno conducts beautiful music. *Kicks herself for missing her at the Big Apple Anime Festival last year.* Stupid stupid stupid stupid!!

EVme15
9th March 2003, 07:40 PM
Not reading anyone else's yet, here's what I have/want on my playlist.
Cruel Angel's Thesis (Neon Genesis Evangelion): I love this song. It just sounds so smooth, very sad, yet upbeat at the same time. Very much like the show itself.
Give A Reason (Slayers): Very upbeat, very lively. I just like this song, and MEGUMI HAYASHIBARA RULES! Um... I can't describe it! It's just... cool! *listens*
Chance (Candidate for Goddess): A very nice song. It's really low-key, but it's nice. I like it a lot.
Kocchi O Muite (Card Captor Sakura): Meilin's image song. Very bouncy, very girlish (in a good way), very kawaii! ^_^
Kagayaki (Candidate for Goddess: It's a slow song, and it gets a little boring 5 minutes in. It's soft. But I like it. The chorus is sweet, and the translation is great.
Only One, No. 1 (Di Gi Charat): WAI! DI GI CHARAT SONGS RULE! This is so bouncy, so full of energy, it's awesome! ^_^ If anyone gets a chance to listen to this, I highly reccomend you do!
Successful Mission (Saber Marionette J): Did I mention Megumi Hayashibara rules? This is a cool song, I so want the full version!
Obsession (.hack//SIGN): OK, so it technically isn't Japanese. It's got an awesome beat. And it sonds so cool! SO COOL! Anything .hack is an awesome song!
Party Night (Di Gi Charat): I told you all about Di Gi Charat, right? Well, take the three chars, give them each a mic, pop in the karaoke tape, and feel the groove! This is a wonderful song, it's so catchy! ^_^ listen to it!
1st Yu-Gi-Oh! Intro: I just like this. No idea why, though. Hm...
Platinum (Card Captor Sakura): This is such a pretty song. It's so graceful and elegant... too bad it chops off at the 2:05 mark.
Flying the Sky (G Gundam):
Release My Heart (Card Captor Sakura): Oh, yeah. CCS is one of the best serieses to get songs from! This is a wonderfully overlooked song, and one of my first full j-pops!
Yasashii Yoake (.hack//SIGN): .hack! This is such an incredible song. It's the ending theme, for those of you who've seen the show. GET THE FULL VERSION!
Tottoko Hamutaro Theme: AH! TOO CATCHY! It's a bunch of hamsters singing! OF COURSE IT'S CATCHY!
Shuffle (Yu-Gi-Oh!): I LOVE THIS SONG! It rules, definetly! It's got such an awesome beat, and sounds great! WAI! 10 STARS!! (Done by the same singer as Only One, No. 1)
Hiru no Tsuki: So sweet... I love this song. I sang it for one of the school talent shows. It's a beautiful, beautiful song. (1st ending theme)
White Reflection (Gundam Wing): I don't have the words to this, but it's a nice song with a cool beat. I also love the melody. Anyone have it with words? Does it come with words?
Tsuki no Ie (Outlaw Star): The other song I did for a school talent show. I love how this song sounds... I never get tired of it!
New World (.hack//???): Wha-ooh! Wha-ooh! I love this song! The singers, the beat, the words (so I can't understand japanese! Parts are in english!) all are awesome!
Through the Night (Outlaw Star): AWESOME! Great beat! It sounds so cool! You gotta listen! It's awesome! ^_^
Kimi Ga Ita Monogatari (.hack//LIMINALITY): Real nice beat, I like the way the voices sound. Really mysterious, really cool.
I Hear You Everywhere (Chobits): (Chi's image song) I just like this song. It's so soft and sweet.

That's it for now... >:-D

RedStarWarrior
12th March 2003, 10:59 PM
I like the Yu Yu Hakusho opening and closing themes (English) and the Gundam G closing theme the best.

Haruko
17th March 2003, 05:28 PM
Muah!!!!They all from Digimon(Japanese)

~Oreta Tsubasa de~ With Broken Wings ~Kouichi's Theme -Kouichi from digimon frontier....It's got a sorta deep feeling about it. It's his themey, and is actully played a couple of times. Great song.

In the Blue-Kouji's Theme -Another great song, I dunno why I like it. Great Beat.

Butterfly-By Wada Kouji.. - As same as the others.

Let's say, I like all of them. No, love!

UmbreonCurse
3rd April 2003, 08:08 AM
Here are my favorites, listed by series and rated on a scale of 1-5 of how much I love em (5= highest, 1=lowest)

Inuyasha

Change the World*****
Dearest ***
Every Heart***
My Will**
Inysasha theme (instrumental)*****

Digimon:

pretty much anything from the soundtrack....

Pokemon:

Advence generation intro ******
Indigo Leauge intro ***
Johto Leauge intro ****
Indigo Leauge intro (movie version) *****
Invitation to Danger (instrumental) ****

Yu-Gi-Oh

Wild Drive *****
Shuffle ***
Kawaita Sakebi ***
Summon the Dragon (instrumental) ***
Genki no SHAWAA ****
Outlaw Star

Hiru no Tsuki ****
Through the Night ***

Magic Knight Rayearth

Yuzurenai Negai **

Lupin III

Sexy Adventure
english opening theme

Princess Mononoke

The Battle Drums (instrumental) ****
Mononoke Hime ***
The Legend of A****aka (instrumental) ***
A****aka and San (instrumental) ***
San and A****aka in the Forest of the Deer (instrumental) *****

Yu Yu Hakusho

Sayonara ****
Homework ga Owaranai ****

Hamtaro

Tottoko no Uta ***
english opening ****
english ending ***

Sakura12
9th April 2003, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Emotional Faun Chiko-sai
Ah-HA! Now MY favourite dubbed-anime song has GOT to be the Cantonese-dub Beyblade theme!! ALL HAIL AARON KWOK!!! *worshipworship* Uhh... right. I love the Hong Kong dubbers just for getting that one song for the opening... (forgot the name tho -_-) Incidentally, I have this biased opinion that all the HK dubs for anime are the best ones ^_^() *hides*

I agree with ya! Aaron Kwok rules! And not only his Beyblade theme, but I'm gettign a little off topic here...

My favourite themes include:
~ Catch You Catch Me (Cardcaptor Sakura)
~ Purachina/Platinum (Cardcaptor Sakura)
~ Butter-fly (Digimon)
~ The Biggest Dreamer (Digimon)
~ Itsumo Itsudemo (Digimon)
~ Beyblade! (Beyblade, duh)
~ Let Me Be With You (Chobits)
~ Mezase Pokemon Master (Pokemon ***)

There's more... but I can't think of any at the moment

Azura Stardust
9th April 2003, 09:10 AM
I as usual butt in not knowing anything :wave: I really can't remember anything from when I used to watch anime, but let me see....

I know I liked a lot of songs from RK, but since I cant remember them and its only gotten to episode 8 or something now, I think I can only give the first 2 :)

Taht is.... Sobakasu and Tactics! Whoo hoo. Tactics' guitar themes KEEP going on and on in my head.... and Sobakasu! Ooh, I shall NEVER forget that song. The first anime I ever watched was Akazukin Cha Cha but I had no idea WHAT anime was and I just watched TV back then for the sake of watching. But the first anime I consciously watched was RK, and the theme song at that time was... SOBAKASU! Me and my best friend used to sing it all the time together! And even though we had no idea how to pronounce Japanese, much less know the real lyrics, we always picked up whatever hte tune was.. and we used to make it sound all really funny! The last part, we always sang as "Oooo ro ro roooo ro ro rooo..." XD

Hm, I remember I really liked the opening theme of Rekka no Honou... My Will (I wonder where I left it on my PC ~_~) is great, and I have this song called "Koko ne Iru Kara" by Iwatsubo Rie, from this somewhat obscure anime which I can't remember the name of. :confused:

Eh... ok. I also remember I liked the ending of Powerstone, and a lot of themes from RK, um... I can't remember, really :(

EDIT: I also do like the RK snippets in general. They really fit. ^^
And just offtopic; I LOVE anything by Vanessa Mae. She is god(dess). I ONLY HAVE HER FIRST CD THOUGH ~_~ I want the others! Well, from what I have, it's GREAT STUFF. My favourites are Contradanza and Classical Gas.

TheBlueDragon
10th April 2003, 10:07 AM
I Like most songs from Rurouni Kenshin.
Judy & Mary - Sobakasu
The Yellow Monkey - Tactics
Kawamoto Makoto - 1/2 (aka Half aka Ni Bun no Ichi)
T.M. Revolution - Heart of Sword (which "coincidentally" traslates in japanese to "Kenshin")
L'Arc~en~Ciel - The Fourth Avenue Cafe
Bonnie Pink - It's Gonna Rain
Curio - Kimi ni Fureru Dakede
Siam Shade - 1/3 no Junjou na Kanjou (the best one here ^^)
Yo Izumi - Dame!
L'Arc~en~Ciel - Niji (movie opening)
---
yeah, that's enough... The only RK song not listed there was Namida wa ****teiru, the second ending... I'm not very fond of it. Also i think a song deserves a special mention. "Warriors" from "Warrior's Suite" (the fourth and last part, for being more exact), is the BEST battle theme there is in rurouni kenshin, IMO. You should see Sano against Anji and Saitou against Shishio with this music in the background.
---
apart from rurouni kenshin...
Shaman King - Omokage
Card Captor Sakura - Platinum
D.N.A.˛ - Blurry Eyes
Hellsing - Shine (Ending... the opening is called "Cool" for whoever was asking about it)
Dragonball Z - Hikari no Will Power (Theme of Trunks)(Never heard it in the anime... -.-')
Furi Kuri - Blues Drive Monster
Inu-Yasha - I Am
Inu-Yasha - Owarinai Yume
Vandread - Trust
X TV - eX Dream
---
I think that's enough, again... i'm writing too much XP

EDIT: Like always, S-h-i-t-t-e-i-r-u is written here as ****teiru