PDA

View Full Version : Berry Glitch problems

Thy
23rd August 2004, 03:32 PM
I have the Berry Glitch on my Sapphire pack. I also have Coloseum, but not it's bonus disk. I know you're supposed to "upload" your Pokemon onto Coloseum as the Nintendo website said. I've gotten to the end of Story Mode, so I can trade Pokemon. I've done that a few times. I've also registered my GBA team on Coloseum Mode. But my room's clock still says 1:54. I've left it on for a while as well and still nothing. I only have Coloseum, no Box or Bonus disk, and EB Promo is done and FRLG don't come out for another 2 weeks. Am I doing anything wrong or is my game just screwed up?

rinku
23rd August 2004, 05:21 PM
As far as I can remember the berry glitch didn't stop the room clocks, it just stopped days passing (I could be wrong). Check direct with Nintendo - you may have a hardware problem.

Silent Dragonfly
23rd August 2004, 05:34 PM
I can confirm that the clock should run fine while berry glitch is in effect

andyizcool
23rd August 2004, 06:39 PM
Maybe the Internal Clock Battery died and needs replacing. I think they have a Battery for your save data and a Battery for the Interal Clock. If they are one Battery your save data might be erased when you get a new one. Nevermind because the time events aren't that good in Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire.

NinetalesTrainerRuby
23rd August 2004, 06:52 PM
I have the same problem with my Sapphire game. The clock is fine, but the days stoped passing and it sucks because I planted a bunch of Sitrus berries and Oran berries and I can't get them.

andyizcool
23rd August 2004, 07:09 PM
I have the same problem with my Sapphire game. The clock is fine, but the days stoped passing and it sucks because I planted a bunch of Sitrus berries and Oran berries and I can't get them.
If the Clock works but Berries don't grow and days don't pass that's the Berry Glitch and can easily be fixed. Uploading Pokemon onto Pokemon Colosseum, downloading Jirachi from Pokemon Colosseum Bonus Disc, or European Pokemon Channel will fix the Berry Glitch. Also when Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green are released trading with them with also fix the Berry Glitch.

Gagome
24th August 2004, 03:48 AM
...I think they have a Battery for your save data and a Battery for the Interal Clock. If they are one Battery your save data might be erased when you get a new one. ...
No, the internal Battery is only used for the Clock. The save data is kept in something like EEPROM which doesn't need a battery.
So, when you change the battery the save data will not be affected.

.... Also when Pokemon Fire Red/Leaf Green are released trading with them with also fix the Berry Glitch.
Not quite, you have to connect FR/LG to R/S and follow special instructions to fix the berry glitch. Only trading will not fix it.
I remember you have to press Select + B when you see the title screen on FR/LG. Then the game will display instruction what you have to do and when you have to connect R/S to fix the berry glitch.

ShinyVulpix
26th August 2004, 06:47 PM
I've just played the R/S.I.d like to ask about the nature of pokemon.I don't know how it's different and how it's effects the game.Can anyone help me?
Thank you. :yes:

andyizcool
26th August 2004, 06:56 PM
I've just played the R/S.I.d like to ask about the nature of pokemon.I don't know how it's different and how it's effects the game.Can anyone help me?
Thank you. :yes:
Five Natures are Neutral and don't change any Stats whereas other Natures will lower one by Stat 10% and raise another Stat by 10%.

Poryhedron
26th August 2004, 07:37 PM
-------+-------+-------+-------+-------+-------
:::::::|ATTACK |DEFENSE| SPEED |SPC.ATK|SPD.DEF
:::::::|LOWERED|LOWERED|LOWERED|LOWERED|LOWERED
ATTACK | HARDY |LONELY | BRAVE |ADAMANT|NAUGHTY
BOOSTED| | | | |
DEFENSE| BOLD |DOCILE |RELAXED|IMPISH | LAX
BOOSTED| | | | |
SPEED | TIMID | HASTY |SERIOUS| JOLLY | NAIVE
BOOSTED| | | | |
SPC.ATK|MODEST | MILD | QUIET |BASHFUL| RASH
BOOSTED| | | | |
SPC.DEF| CALM |GENTLE | SASSY |CAREFUL|QUIRKY
BOOSTED| | | | |

The five Natures that boost and lower the same stat are called the Neutral natures. Boosting a stat by 10% and lowering the same stat by 10% is almost the same as just leaving it alone; I don't know if anyone's verified whether the Neutral Natures leave their stat alone or actually raise and lower it, which would leave it at 99% of its original value.
By the way, Natures also affect how Pokéblocks work. For example, a pokémon with a nature that boosts Special Attack will like Blue Pokéblocks the best, which means they'll raise its Contest stats more. A pokémon with a nature that lowers Defense will dislike Yellow Pokéblocks, so those won't raise its Contest stats very much, and they won't hold its interest if you throw one at it in the Safari Zone. The battle stats, contest stats, and Pokéblock colors match up like this:
Attack = Cool = Red
Defense = Tough = Yellow
Speed = Cute = Pink
Special Attack = Beauty = Blue
Special Defense = Smart = Green

rinku
26th August 2004, 08:09 PM
Generally speaking the most desired Natures are Adamant (+Attack -Special Attack) and Modest (-Attack, +Special Attack), since they soak off on a stat often not used for a set. Natures that lower Speed are nice for pokémon that are very slow anyway, or for whom you want speed-neutral movesets. In some cases you may even have a moveset that works better if they go last!

There are other factors that determine how good an individual pokémon is, but Nature has the biggest effect and is the easiest to determine, the others being hidden values such as IVs and what Hidden Power it has. Note that the +/-10% applies to its IVs and effort as well, so you generally get the most return by maximising effort on a boosted stat and ignoring a slighted one.

andyizcool
27th August 2004, 06:26 AM
Generally speaking the most desired Natures are Adamant (+Attack -Special Attack) and Modest (-Attack, +Special Attack), since they soak off on a stat often not used for a set. Natures that lower Speed are nice for pokémon that are very slow anyway, or for whom you want speed-neutral movesets. In some cases you may even have a moveset that works better if they go last!
Don't forget Timid (+Speed -Attack) and Jolly (+Speed -Special Attack). A lot of people use these Natures now so their Pokemon's Speed can be the best it can to sweep. The only time they don't use those Natures is if they have a slow Sweeper who can't be much faster so they'll just use Adamant/Modest.

PKMN Master
27th August 2004, 07:25 PM
Also Bold (+Def -Att), Impish (+Def -SA), Careful (+SD -SA) and Calm (+SD -Att) for annoyers, tanks and sometimes baton passers... personalities that hinder Def, SD or speed aren't that common or useable. So that makes 8 appropiate personalities, plus any of the other 5 if you don't wan't any boosts...

EDIT: This was way off topic, so to avoid spam: Your battery might be the problem, or even a hardware problem as someone has already stated... the berry glitch is basically that Launches at the space center stop/restart, berries won't grow and days won't pass. Also, TV events and news won't appear. It seems to be something else, since the Berry fix is authomatic with colosseum. I first though you had to beat story mode, but the first thing I did when I got it, was to look around in the Battle mode, and soon as the GBA and the cube conected, a screen appeared on the GBA saying the berry program was updated. It has run smoothly since then. Send it back to nintendo to fix it or something...

c ya