Thread: OMG Rhydon is da best!

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Default OMG Rhydon is da best!

Rhydon was a god and still is!
    I'm sorry but Tyranitar met it's death many a time in g/s/c battles against my trusty magmar with cross chop!
    at least this pokemon can up its attack and then use things such as e-quake or megahorn to bring its grass opponents down, while mr. tyranitar had the occasional ice beam but no stats to use it

I MISS U PERFECT MAGMAR WITH CROSS CHOP!
    "OMG your shiny pokemon's hurting my eyes!!!"

I've got an idea, how about we draw straws, and the loser gets to run across the parking lot with ham sandwich!" - Steve (DOTD)

Banned

Tyranitar had plenty of good stats! Rhydon's toast against Surf!

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Default oh man

u really believe that a tyranitar could possibly stand up to a surf?
    u have got to be kiddin me, wut would u do, thunderbolt him with ur xtremely high special attack?

i think that rock and dark is the worst type combo ever, and that u would be crushed terribly by anything. which it WAS

"OMG your shiny pokemon's hurting my eyes!!!"

I've got an idea, how about we draw straws, and the loser gets to run across the parking lot with ham sandwich!" - Steve (DOTD)

Banned

Rhydon
    4 x weak to grass
    4 x weak to water
    2 x weak to fighting
    2 x weak to ice
    2 x weak to steel
    2 x weak to ground

average stats
    414 hp, 359 atk, 339 def, 179 spd, 189 spatk, 189 spdef

Low spdef combined with 4x weakness to grass and water (everyone uses a water) means that virtually any grass or water move will OHKO it.

Tyranitar
    4 x weak to fighting
    2 x weak to ground
    2 x weak to steel
    2 x weak to water
    2 x weak to grass

average stats
    404 hp, 367 atk, 319 def, 221 spd, 289 spatk, 299 spdef

High spdef, def, and hp gives Tyranitar some serious staying power. He also has less weaknesses than Rhydon and loses the painful 4x water weakness. Top that off with one of the BEST attack ratings (Slaking has more) AND nice flexibility with movesets makes this guy a very capable and versatile sweeper.

stat differences: Rhydon has 10 more hp, Tyranitar has 8 more attack, Rhydon has 20 more defense, Tyranitar has 42 more speed, Tyranitar has 100 more spatk, Tyranitar has 110 more spdef. Is it really a contest?

EDIT: oops. got Rhydon's atk rating wrong (359 not 259)

Banned

Exactly. With a Sp Def so abysmal, Rhydon doesn't stand a chance against even a minor water attack like Water pulse, especially due to 4x weakness. Tyranitar is far more versatile, and is extremely useful against Psychics. Crunch kills. Even if Rhydon could learn Crucnh, without STAB and high Sp. Atk, he's useless. If Larvitar ever becomes available again, Tyranitar'll have a field day vs. Lati@s, who will mop the floor with poor lil' Rhydon. I can understand if you like Rhydon better, but stats don't lie. Bye bye Rhydon!

T-Tar may have higher stats, but there's a few reasons why. First, T-Tar is part of a 3-evo chain. Which happens to have extremely high levels. Rhydon only has 1 pre-evo, and it evolves relatively fast. Second, T-tar is meant to be the Dragonite of GSC. They have the same base stats, and similar strengths. Actually, T-tar has higher base stats than some legendaries! So you see, it's really not fair to compare a pokemon like Rhydon to a legendary. Rhydon would beat T-tar though, no doubt. Unlike the draconic one, Rhydon gets stab on a s.e move, Earthquake. I'm sure it would hurt, being hit with a 150-base super-effective attack. But let's not have this disintegrate into an argument. Compare Rhydon to something on its level, such as Golem.

Banned

or an aggron

Banned

Originally posted by Chrisodeo
    Compare Rhydon to something on its level, such as Golem.
    Great idea! Especially since both are available in RS. Tyranitar isn't!

FIRST: Rhydon's attack is actually 359, not 259. That's a huge difference!

Well, Golem is part of a 3-part chain though. BUT let's compare them...

stats are comparable...

HP 364
    Attack 319
    Defense 359
    Speed 189
    Sp Att 209
    Sp Def 229

Attack is lower, as is HP, but everything else seems higher. Especially special stats. Well, let's look at moves.

Golem can learn useful moves that Rhydon can't...

Block. Basically mean look.
    Double Edge. No recoil damage thanks to trait.
    Explosion. No better way to go out!

Well, I'd probably go with
    Explosion
    Earthquake
    Double Edge
    Rock Slide / Roar

Anyway... both good pokemon. Maybe Golem's a bit better, but Rhydon is better in Attack, and that's what matters with these two pokemon anyway. But Block is a cool move, and i can't believe Rhydon doesn't learn Double Edge!

Banned

Originally posted by Chrisodeo
    Rhydon would beat T-tar though, no doubt. Unlike the draconic one, Rhydon gets stab on a s.e move, Earthquake. I'm sure it would hurt, being hit with a 150-base super-effective attack. But let's not have this disintegrate into an argument.
    ahem, thats a lie and you know it!!

t-tar can effectively OKHO Rhydon with Surf, whereas if given the chance Rhydon would never be able to OHKO T-tar with e-quake.

bottom line is T-tar is better than Rhydon in every possible way.

Rhydon/Golem is a close one, but i'd have to go with Golem

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

I would take Rhydon over Tyrannitar anyday. But Golem over Rhydon. Purely because Tyrannitar = 00ber, and Im not cheap XD *cough*

Plus Megahorn works surpringly well off Rhydons Attack, which isnt that far off Tyrannitars. Lets not forget the fact that Tyrannitar is unobtainable, unlike Rhydon.

But in all honestly:

Golem > Rhydon
    Golem > Tyrannitar

=D

Banned

there not oobers, there simply power houses, rby had dragonite, gsc has tyranitar, rusa has metagross... id personally take tyranitar over rhydon or golem... when you look at it golems as bad as rhydon... tyranitars stronger, more useful, and in rusa his ability kix *** for tss teams, it enables sandstorm for the entire battle... that means you can have a stss team super easy and with al the new steel/rock and ground... it'd be pretty decent... rhydons pretty poor though, golems not much better, but only exploder... anywhos, there not oobers, if using raikou and suicune and entei and zapdos and stuff isnt cheap... how ttar be...

Banned

Originally posted by Darkchampion

Rhydon
    4 x weak to grass
    4 x weak to water
    2 x weak to fighting
    2 x weak to ice
    2 x weak to steel
    2 x weak to ground

average stats
    414 hp, 359 atk, 339 def, 179 spd, 189 spatk, 189 spdef

Low spdef combined with 4x weakness to grass and water (everyone uses a water) means that virtually any grass or water move will OHKO it.

Tyranitar
    4 x weak to fighting
    2 x weak to ground
    2 x weak to steel
    2 x weak to water
    2 x weak to grass

average stats
    404 hp, 367 atk, 319 def, 221 spd, 289 spatk, 299 spdef

High spdef, def, and hp gives Tyranitar some serious staying power. He also has less weaknesses than Rhydon and loses the painful 4x water weakness. Top that off with one of the BEST attack ratings (Slaking has more) AND nice flexibility with movesets makes this guy a very capable and versatile sweeper.

stat differences: Rhydon has 10 more hp, Tyranitar has 8 more attack, Rhydon has 20 more defense, Tyranitar has 42 more speed, Tyranitar has 100 more spatk, Tyranitar has 110 more spdef. Is it really a contest?

EDIT: oops. got Rhydon's atk rating wrong (359 not 259)
    Rhydon can get Crunch, but why use that when you can Megahorn the Psychic to kingdom come? Besides, Compare then without TM moves. Tyranitar gets plenty of them, but the one Rhydon gets which allows it to OWN so much is Earthquake, and now in RS with MegaHorn.

Now lets see, say your Ttar doesn't have Surf or Ibeam, say your set is Earthquake, Ancientpower/Rock Slide, Crunch, and Thunderbolt. You can Crunch Rhydon, but he can Earthquake you for more damage.

Aside from this, comparing Ttar to Rhydon is rather stupid, considering Ttar is the RS equivalent to Dragonite, except an even worse type.

Sure, Ttar is nice, but anything that Ttar can do, so can Rhydon. Aside from this, Tyranitar gets shafted with the new EV's. Because you can't have both SA and Attack, without sacrificing a great deal of everything else. Rhydon on the other hand, needs only 2 stats, HP and Attack/Defense(personality will cover the other one slightly).

There is no question Ttar has Superior stats, however, Ttar isn't an obtainable, Rhydon is. Why don't you just compare Aggron to Rhydon to Ttar then, if you feel so inclined.