Thread: Piercing Punishers (YGO-TCG)

Thread Killer Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Piercing Punishers (YGO-TCG)

Yeah, another crazy deck idea that just came to me a little while ago.

Monsters - 18
    2 Dark Driceratops
    2 Airknight Parshath

3 Exarion Universe
    3 Enraged Battle Ox
    2 Chiron the Mage
    2 Spear Dragon
    1 Pitch-Black Warwolf
    1 Breaker the Magical Warrior
    1 Magician of Faith
    1 Tsukuyomi

Magic/Spell - 15
    1 Pot of Avarice
    1 Heavy Storm
    1 Premature Burial
    1 Graceful Charity
    1 Snatch Steal
    1 Giant Trunade
    1 Nobleman of Crossout
    2 Smashing Ground
    2 Brain Control
    1 Swords of Revealing Light
    2 Wicked Breaking Flameberge - Baou

Trap - 7
    2 Dust Tornado
    2 Robbin' Goblin
    1 Mirror Force
    1 Torrential Tribute
    1 Call of the Haunted

Banned

Default Re: Piercing Punishers (YGO-TCG)

Robbin' Goblin? That only works when you attack directly. Maybe you're thinking about Robbin' Zombie.

~ Jay Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Robbin' Goblin
    [Permanent Trap]
    Each time 1 of your monsters inflicts damage to your opponent's Life Points, 1 card is randomly selected from your opponent's hand and discarded to the Graveyard.

Damage through 'Piercing' effects are still damage from a monster. So the card is perfectly legal and does indeed activate with a 'Piercing' monster. I used to run it in my Beast-down.

Edits, Fixes & Suggestions

[Wicked Breaking Flamberge - Baou] is there for? You're going 1 card down in hand for +500 and effect negation? Surely [Big Bang Shot] would fit the 'Piercing' theme better? You could also sideboard [Return from the Different Dimension] to work with [Bazoo the Soul-Eater] giving you a level 4 2800 'Piercing' monster. You could run [Wicked Breaking Flamberge - Baou] then due to effect fodder.

I personally wouldn't run [Magician of Faith] or [Tsukuyomi]. They don't fit the theme and don't really give anything to the deck. It'd be more effective as a piercing-beastdown imho.

I'd switch them out for either [Mad Dog of Darkness], [King Tiger Wanghu], [Beserk Gorilla] or another [Pitch-Black Warwolf].

Quote Originally Posted by KevinTewart@UDE
    You're more than welcome to go to events. But you DO NOT attack the young people who play the game. It's THEIR game. Not yours. And it NEVER will be your game. So get over it.

Are we all clear on this? DO. NOT. ATTACK. THE. YOUNG. PEOPLE.

Because we (and Mr. Takahashi, and Konami, and Shueisha) like THEM more than we like YOU.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Alucard
    I personally wouldn't run [Magician of Faith] or [Tsukuyomi]. They don't fit the theme and don't really give anything to the deck. It'd be more effective as a piercing-beastdown imho.
    I'd probably say keep tsuku. Puts their monsters into a more piercing-friendly mode. Otherwise I'd say go with Alucard's suggestions. Piercing-beastdown is effective.
    [CENTER]
    ^ Better do what he says, he's crazy! ^

~ Jay Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

I'd still keep the [Tsukiyomi], just in the sideboard. I say that because if he does decide to use [King Tiger Wanghu], it'll be a dead card.

You're more than welcome to go to events. But you DO NOT attack the young people who play the game. It's THEIR game. Not yours. And it NEVER will be your game. So get over it.

Because we (and Mr. Takahashi, and Konami, and Shueisha) like THEM more than we like YOU.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Good point on wanghu. I'd recommend siding wanghu and maining tsuku, though.
    [CENTER]

~ Jay Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

I'd side the [Tsukiyomi] and main [King Tiger Wanghu] because it's gets the piercing effect from [Enraged Battle Ox]. It also means the main deck will be prepaired incase it runs into a Burn/Stall or a Cyber Dragon OTK since [Proto Cyber Dragon] and [The Light - Hex-Sealed Fusion] will be screwed over.

But it's up to Perfect Chaos.

Thread Killer Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Well, I kept Wicked Breaking Flameberge - Baou in there mainly for the fact of being able to pierce AND negate effects of monsters, but I suppose you're right when you say its not worth having for a -1 card advantage

If anything, I would side Wanghu and keep Tsuku mained, because like Nace said, most monsters have a lower DEF than ATK score and it also helps in taking out the big Tribute monsters with low DEF. Also, Wanghu best serves against Burn/Stall (like you pointed out) but that's not very common in my meta.

Thanks for the fixes though, I'll make edits in a bit

-Sean

~ Jay Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

If there's no Burn/Stall in your area then it's not really worth using [King Tiger Wanghu] at all. You should just side [Des Wombat] to prevent any damage, and since you're using [Tsukiyomi] you can work in a [Des Koala] into the side if you wish.

The only real flip effects that are commonly used are from [Magician Of Faith] and [Dekoichi the Battlechanted Locomotive] with the rare use of a [Night Assailant] or a [Magical Merchant]. A -1 card in hand isn't worth it unless as I said, you're playing Bazoo the Soul-Eater] to take advantage of the drop.

You might aswell ditch the [Spear Dragon]'s for [Beserk Gorilla]'s or [Indomitable Fighter Lei Lei]'s and make it into a full beastdown.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Alucard
    You might aswell ditch the [Spear Dragon]'s for [Beserk Gorilla]'s or [Indomitable Fighter Lei Lei]'s and make it into a full beastdown.
    If you do that, try to work in a spiritual earth art or two. It works wonders with Lei-Lei and gorilla ^^
    [CENTER]