Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Obama sucks.

Smoke and fire Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Obama sucks.

weeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Told you mother fuckers he'd be a useless President. Democrats are nuts and the Republicans are just as nuts. But conservative America always wins. You stupid fucking red neck fuckers.

Just like I told you stupid TPMERS in 2001 that attacking Iraq would be a real mistake and NO WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION would be found. I was proven right that eventually America would tire of that war. You lot were way too slow of course. Something about America makes you go, "ewww poo" its fucking Americans.

Here skiting a little shit from New Zealand where we shag sheep and cows but heh at least I'M NOT AN AMERICAN
    Registered March 24th 2000

Dude, you were the dumbass who was pissing us all with your "game", you've lied to us, spammed. (yes you have) and utterly annoyed us, you big, fat hypocrite.

Oh I miss you Calaveron

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Re: Obama sucks.

Obama has a billion dollar health plan he hasn't done anything on.
    The Hero of Hyrule.

Master Trainer

Well that plan is going to be even harder now with a new Republican Senator from Massachusetts. Hence, why I made this topic. It was in trouble before and its in trouble now. Democrats will play all types of tricks to get healthcare passed. I just don't think the Republicans should hedge their bets yet. 2010 mid-term elections might be looking good for them. But who the hell are they going to select in 2012 for the Presidential race?

Obama may suck but all your candidates look pathetic.

Dude, you were the dumbass who was pissing us all with your "game", you've lied to us, spammed. (yes you have) and utterly annoyed us, you big, fat hypocrite.

Oh I miss you Calaveron

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by firepokemon View Post
    Told you mother fuckers he'd be a useless President. Democrats are nuts and the Republicans are just as nuts. But conservative America always wins. You stupid fucking red neck fuckers.
    There are red necks in Massachusetts? I mean there could be a occasional one, but this is the deepest blue state in the union.

Just like I told you stupid TPMERS in 2001 that attacking Iraq would be a real mistake and NO WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION would be found. I was proven right that eventually America would tire of that war. You lot were way too slow of course. Something about America makes you go, "ewww poo" its fucking Americans.
    Psst Iraq was 2003 not 2001

Well that plan is going to be even harder now with a new Republican Senator from Massachusetts. Hence, why I made this topic. It was in trouble before and its in trouble now. Democrats will play all types of tricks to get healthcare passed. I just don't think the Republicans should hedge their bets yet. 2010 mid-term elections might be looking good for them. But who the hell are they going to select in 2012 for the Presidential race?

Obama may suck but all your candidates look pathetic.
    Healthcare is dead, the Dems options on it get worse and worse, and after what we saw tonight, don't expect too many Blue Dogs running to the Democrats side.

As for 2012, remember 2008, there is a strong "Anybody but him" vote out there that could return in 2012. Anyway for names

Sarah Palin, Mitt Romney, Bobby Jindal, Mike Huckabee and a few others that are top contenders. Then again back in 2006 everyone thought it would be Clinton versus Edwards.

Master Trainer

My redneck comment wasn't directed at Massachusetts. Though I do hear they're rather nuts in that area. America in general though is actually very conservative (I should probably use a different term here since most democrats or centrists wouldn't see themselves as conservative but compared to the rest of the world you lot are ) compared to other Western Countries.

And meh I would have made the post 2002 or early 2003. I was still right but the stupid americans wouldn't wake up at the time.

And I do wish republicans and stupid americans would wake up. Palin is not a good candidate. She is a walking disaster. I do hope they go for her though. The rest of the world will laugh at your stupidity. Huckabee won't win the Republican primary. He just isn't good enough and won't win. Mitt Romney is an idiot. I don't even know the other guy.

But are you serious in saying those are your candidates. Obama may look a loser now and the Democrats may look dead in the water. But the Republicans risk getting too arrogant and running one shitty campaign. Not to mention the economy can and should improve in that time.

Oh I miss you Calaveron

can't read my ~posting face~ Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Massachusetts is actually one of the more progressive parts of the country, along with the entirety of New England. Obama won there by about 20 points. But keep in mind that "liberalism" in America is center left at best, and on average center right compared to other parts of the world.

With no public option, the health care plan will inevitably be a complete joke. It's just going to keep getting watered down until it's eventually only going to be throwing money at health insurance companies with very little benefit for the actual people.

Obama needs to try to ram that shit through as fast as possible because it's the #1 on his agenda, and if he doesn't get it done within the first term, or even within the first year or two he'll be shown as an ineffectual dumb ass by the media and will have no chance of winning again.

But are you really surprised Obama isn't the incredible end all, be all guiding light he was made out to be? Welcome to the new president, same as the old president. This is United States' Politics and as long as people have their American Idol and Big Macs nothing is going to change.

I am actually pretty pleased with Obama though, because every time I read the news and there's an article on him/something he's done my reaction is usually "yeah that's pretty reasonable" or "hmm that makes sense" instead of *slowly shakes head and pounds fist on desk* every time that fucking walking disaster Bush was in the news.
    Last edited by kazr; 20th January 2010 at 03:05 AM.

why wub woo Moderator

This whole affair is a savage indictment of America's legislative system. I frankly find it insane that a man dying a few months ago, due to be in office until at least 2013, can be the major difference between over 30 million of America's poorest and most vulnerable getting the health care they need, and the rich just laughing at them as they die in the gutter. Of course, what will really kill the bill is a bunch of grown men throwing toys out of the pram and trying to stall as long as possible, but it wouldn't have been possible for such a juvenile tactic to have taken place if Kennedy hadn't died.

It's ironic that considering Kennedy was a champion of health care and progressivism, his death has probably just consigned the USA's health care to the dark ages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Vulpix
    You have turned my vacation thread into a discussion about Heald's balls. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

I'm not going to argue over the health care plan beyond saying that, based on the evidence I've seen, it looks like a missile aimed straight at ourselves. Similar plans enacted elsewhere have had devastating results, so I see no reason why this should do better. Nor will I argue over the Republican candidates two years before the next presidential elections -- I'd be curious to see how your list would differ from Roy's, fp.

In any case, at this point I see Obama as being known for four things: 1) pushing for multiple stimulus bills after his first efforts were worse than ineffective (see the graph Roy Karrde posted here for details), 2) attempting to jam thousand-page bills through the legislature without giving sufficient time for them to be read and/or understood by the people who have to vote on them, 3) being handed a Nobel Peace Prize for doing nothing, and 4) not making any other changes. Well done, Mr. President.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

My redneck comment wasn't directed at Massachusetts. Though I do hear they're rather nuts in that area. America in general though is actually very conservative (I should probably use a different term here since most democrats or centrists wouldn't see themselves as conservative but compared to the rest of the world you lot are ) compared to other Western Countries.
    So? That is how we run things and it has worked out pretty well for us so far.

And meh I would have made the post 2002 or early 2003. I was still right but the stupid americans wouldn't wake up at the time.
    What that he didn't have WMDs? All evidence to that point, pointed to he did, which is why Clinton bombed him in 98.

And I do wish republicans and stupid americans would wake up. Palin is not a good candidate. She is a walking disaster. I do hope they go for her though.
    You know if 2008 taught us anything, it is that a bad candidate can be viewed in a very positive light after campaigning. Hillary Clinton went in looking like a Class A Bitch. Now she has higher poll numbers than Obama. People grew to respect her during her campaign.

Huckabee won't win the Republican primary. He just isn't good enough and won't win.
    Yeah umm Huckabee right now polls highest against Obama out of any of the candidates. If Palin doesn't get in, expect him to win.

Mitt Romney is an idiot.
    Yeah he also is the most economically minded of the bunch

I don't even know the other guy.
    Bobby Jindal? Governor of Louisiana, He is highly popular down there and was considered a VP Candidate for McCain. He is very charismatic, good looking, and is basically the Republican answer to Obama.

But are you serious in saying those are your candidates. Obama may look a loser now and the Democrats may look dead in the water. But the Republicans risk getting too arrogant and running one shitty campaign. Not to mention the economy can and should improve in that time.
    The economy can improve, it could also take another dip, we don't know. And Republicans do risk getting too arrogant and running a bad campaign. On the other hand Democrats could continue their arrogance and not take away the right message from last night. If they do it won't matter what campaign the Republicans run, they will win.

Quote Originally Posted by Heald
    This whole affair is a savage indictment of America's legislative system. I frankly find it insane that a man dying a few months ago, due to be in office until at least 2013, can be the major difference between over 30 million of America's poorest and most vulnerable getting the health care they need, and the rich just laughing at them as they die in the gutter.
    Psst the number is around 8 to 12 million, but continue

Quote Originally Posted by Heald
    It's ironic that considering Kennedy was a champion of health care and progressivism, his death has probably just consigned the USA's health care to the dark ages.
    Well that is a opinion, personally the dark ages for USA's Health Care would be adopting something like what Britain has.

why wub woo Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Karrde View Post
    Psst the number is around 8 to 12 million, but continue
    SOURCE

Well that is a opinion, personally the dark ages for USA's Health Care would be adopting something like what Britain has.
    In the UK, we call any system where the rich and powerful prosper and thrive at the expense of the poor and vulnerable the Dark Ages because, unlike America, we actually had a Dark Age where kings, lords and the privileged subjugated thousands of impoverished people to a life of cruelty, poverty and famine. And that is exactly what the health care system in the USA is like: if you're lucky enough to be born into a privileged background, are lucky enough to fall ill before getting insurance or are not born with a serious hereditary disease, then congratulations, you get to have insurance. If you're unlucky enough to be born in an impoverished background, or you fall ill before you can afford adequate insurance or you're born with a hereditary disease, all factors completely outside of your control, the current system damns to you a life of either terrible health or terrible debt in order to pay back your bills. I am not entirely in favour what Obama is offering, I personally think it is too much, too soon, but it is better than leaving it the way it currently is, a horribly skewed system that only serves to widen the socio-economic disparity between rich and poor.
    You have turned my vacation thread into a discussion about Heald's balls. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Heald View Post
    SOURCE

In the UK, we call any system where the rich and powerful prosper and thrive at the expense of the poor and vulnerable the Dark Ages because, unlike America, we actually had a Dark Age where kings, lords and the privileged subjugated thousands of impoverished people to a life of cruelty, poverty and famine. And that is exactly what the health care system in the USA is like: if you're lucky enough to be born into a privileged background, are lucky enough to fall ill before getting insurance or are not born with a serious hereditary disease, then congratulations, you get to have insurance. If you're unlucky enough to be born in an impoverished background, or you fall ill before you can afford adequate insurance or you're born with a hereditary disease, all factors completely outside of your control, the current system damns to you a life of either terrible health or terrible debt in order to pay back your bills. I am not entirely in favour what Obama is offering, I personally think it is too much, too soon, but it is better than leaving it the way it currently is, a horribly skewed system that only serves to widen the socio-economic disparity between rich and poor.
    You know it is funny, as you have shown a view that is completely outside the realm of reality with what the United States has. Of the 80 to 90% of this country that is insured, 70% of it atleast is perfectly happy with our health care. Now I would love to think that 90% of our country comes from a privileged background, but that is just not true.

But you know what I call the Dark Ages, I call any country that has a cancer survival rate that looks more like the Middle East than the western world. I call it the Dark Ages when a system of health care is so fundamentally flawed, so broken that over 4,000 women were shut out of maternity wards because the Government decided to cut back. I call it the Dark Ages when a Government decides to ration treatment on back pain shots so they can save a buck even though over 60,000 patients use it. I call it the Dark Ages when a system is so flawed, that it provides Private Care to it's employees instead of using it's own broken system.

Now we can throw back and forth insults at our other Health Care system all day in a massive pissing contest. But this thread doesn't seem to be the time or place for it.

why wub woo Moderator

Err...2007. And from a conservative watchdog source, rather than a news source that is less than one month old.
    Now we can throw back and forth insults at our other Health Care system all day in a massive pissing contest. But this thread doesn't seem to be the time or place for it.
    True, to each his own, although were those percentages referring to the NHS? I know the NHS has some problems, most of them are nothing to do with the NHS itself but the Labour Government's horrible mismanagement of it, but that sounds like some cooked up crap that Rush pulls out of his ass for his outdated, misinformed opinions.
    Last edited by Heald; 20th January 2010 at 01:40 PM.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Err...2007. And from a conservative watchdog source, rather than a news source that is less than one month old.
    Read the numbers, they come from a Liberal source:

So what is the true extent of the uninsured “crisis?” The Kaiser Family Foundation, a liberal non-profit frequently quoted by the media, puts the number of uninsured Americans who do not qualify for current government programs and make less than $50,000 a year between 13.9 million and 8.2 million. That is a much smaller figure than the media report.

Kaiser’s 8.2 million figure for the chronically uninsured only includes those uninsured for two years or more. It is also worth noting, that, 45 percent of uninsured people will be uninsured for less than four months according to the Congressional Budget Office.

Seeing how we get these numbers through the Census, and the lie of "30 million or 40 million or 50 million" has been around for a long time, I would not discount the numbers on time alone. Especially since those numbers are usually not so nuanced to give them the highest amount.

True, to each his own, although were those percentages referring to the NHS? Because if they were, well, they aren't true. Like, not even a tiny bit. I know the NHS has some problems, but that sounds like some cooked up crap that Rush uses as fodder for his outdated, misinformed opinions.
    Which one the Cancer Numbers? Britain has terrible Cancer Numbers, infact I have heard it from more than a few it ranks last in the Western World. For example, the US has a 81% survival rate for Prostate Cancer. Britain is in the pathetic 43%

why wub woo Moderator

I have since revised my post, but like you said, this isn't the time and place to discuss it, so why continue?

Cheesecake! Moderator

Personally,

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com...ealthCare.aspx

Yes I know, old article but I find it has some truth behind it.
    Why Linux is better.

Can't live without IRC.

Happy 10 Year Anniversary Mikachu:

Advanced Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu View Post
    I'm not going to argue over the health care plan beyond saying that, based on the evidence I've seen, it looks like a missile aimed straight at ourselves. Similar plans enacted elsewhere have had devastating results, so I see no reason why this should do better.
    Devastating results? Uhh... pretty much the entirety of Europe has free, public health care, Canada, Israel, Cuba, the list goes on and you know what they all say about it?

That it's awesome.

Guess what other country has free health care? Iraq. Guess who pays for it? The tax payers of the United States.

Give this video a watch, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgqqSHr0wVA
    Having your life ruined financially because you can't pay medical costs vs maybe, possibly having to wait a little longer to get surgery (which this is barely ever the case) is a pretty piss poor fucking argument against the MOST POWERFUL, RICHEST NATION ON EARTH, being able to provide a basic necessity in this day and age to all of its citizens. Private health care isn't going to disappear, and the people who can afford it will still be able to get better care than anybody else regardless.

And to anybody who says that socialized health care is terrible in other countries is literally a child who is eating up media rhetoric that is being made by the same ultra rich people who benefit from public health care not passing and who will never have to worry about paying medical bills, or having their house/car/whatever repo'd because they can't pay the crushing debt.

Fact of life: Everybody gets sick.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by kazr View Post
    Devastating results? Uhh... pretty much the entirety of Europe has free, public health care, Canada, Israel, Cuba, the list goes on and you know what they all say about it?

That it's awesome.
    Cuba may not be the best example, seeing how 26 patients just died in a Cuban Hospital because they are so pathetic that they could not afford heating.

Pro Tip: Don't buy Michael Moore's rhetoric about Cuba, it's health care system is fucking pathetic.

Guess what other country has free health care? Iraq. Guess who pays for it? The tax payers of the United States.

Give this video a watch, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgqqSHr0wVA
    Having your life ruined financially because you can't pay medical costs vs maybe, possibly having to wait a little longer to get surgery (which this is barely ever the case) is a pretty piss poor fucking argument against the MOST POWERFUL, RICHEST NATION ON EARTH, being able to provide a basic necessity in this day and age to all of its citizens. Private health care isn't going to disappear, and the people who can afford it will still be able to get better care than anybody else regardless.

And to anybody who says that socialized health care is terrible in other countries is literally a child who is eating up media rhetoric that is being made by the same ultra rich people who benefit from public health care not passing and who will never have to worry about paying medical bills, or having their house/car/whatever repo'd because they can't pay the crushing debt.

Fact of life: Everybody gets sick.
    Yeah maybe we should have a Healthcare thread, as the level of bullshit in here seems to be rising.

Advanced Trainer

Bobby Jindal? Governor of Louisiana, He is highly popular down there and was considered a VP Candidate for McCain. He is very charismatic, good looking, and is basically the Republican answer to Obama.
    Bobby Jindal is a goofy looking brown skinned dude, do you think he could even make it to the Republican primary, much less win it? A bunch of angry, old as dirt white guys would never vote for one of 'them darkies'.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Bobby Jindal is a goofy looking brown skinned dude, do you think he could even make it to the Republican primary, much less win it? A bunch of angry, old as dirt white guys would never vote for one of 'them darkies'.
    You mean the Republican Party who is ran by "One of them darkies" and was elected to that position by a bunch of "Old as dirt white guys who would never vote for a darkie"?

Here is a hint, if you are going to make stupid statements, make sure the party you are insulting isn't ran by a black man.

Advanced Trainer

Cuba may not be the best example, seeing how 26 patients just died in a Cuban Hospital because they are so pathetic that they could not afford heating.

Pro Tip: Don't buy Michael Moore's rhetoric about Cuba, it's health care system is fucking pathetic.
    Cuba is embargo'd by the most powerful nation on earth, they do the best they can with what they've got.

Michael Moore is the last person's view I'd take as fact. He's a sensationalist shit head just like anybody else.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Cuba is embargo'd by the most powerful nation on earth, they do the best they can with what they've got.
    Which doesn't stop other nations from trading with them or traveling to them.

Advanced Trainer

You mean the Republican Party who is ran by "One of them darkies" and was elected to that position by a bunch of "Old as dirt white guys who would never vote for a darkie"?
    Michael Steele, RNC chairman that was elected when Obama was running for president to show that the republican party is 'with it' 'hip' and 'fly' too. Tell me that this isn't the whitest looking black person that the RNC could of picked ever,

if it isn't obvious why he was elected then, welp lol

Btw RNC chairman elections aren't like primaries/general elections. Average Joe Smith drinkin' his miller high life watching NASCAR doesn't have the same grasp of what's going on in politics/the world as the higher ups in the RNC who vote and decide this kind of shit.

Advanced Trainer

Which doesn't stop other nations from trading with them or traveling to them.
    What's the alternative for Cuba? Their impoverished citizens die in the street of easily curable disease, or they try and set up a functioning health care system so not only the wealthy can be treated in their shit hole of a country?

ok

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Michael Steele, RNC chairman that was elected when Obama was running for president to show that the republican party is 'with it' 'hip' and 'fly' too. Tell me that this isn't the whitest looking black person that the RNC could of picked ever,

if it isn't obvious why he was elected then, welp lol

Btw RNC chairman elections aren't like primaries/general elections. Average Joe Smith drinkin' his miller high life watching NASCAR doesn't have the same grasp of what's going on in politics/the world as the higher ups in the RNC who vote and decide this kind of shit.
    So let me get this straight, the RNC, the party ran by a bunch of old people that hate blacks, suddenly decided to elect a black man to be hip and fly, not because oh I don't know he has been respected in the Republican Establishment for years?

As for Average Joe Smith, drinkin the high life, do you honestly think he is going to be receptive to the message of the Republican Party if he hates blacks THAT much?

What's the alternative for Cuba? Their impoverished citizens die in the street of easily curable disease, or they try and set up a functioning health care system so not only the wealthy can be treated in their shit hole of a country?
    Guess what? The wealthy or the wealthy that travel to Cuba get treated in their 'shit hole of a country'. That is why Michael Moore picked Cuba, they have great hospitals set up for those that visit from other nations, really state of the art stuff. That is where all the Cuban Health Care money goes. For the rest of the populous, they get flies and soiled bed sheets.
    Last edited by Roy Karrde; 20th January 2010 at 08:44 PM.

Advanced Trainer

So let me get this straight, the RNC, the party ran by a bunch of old people that hate blacks, suddenly decided to elect a black man to be hip and fly, not because oh I don't know he has been respected in the Republican Establishment for years?

As for Average Joe Smith, drinkin the high life, do you honestly think he is going to be receptive to the message of the Republican Party if he hates blacks THAT much?
    What is the message of the Republican party?

Advanced Trainer

Guess what? The wealthy or the wealthy that travel to Cuba get treated in their 'shit hole of a country'. That is why Michael Moore picked Cuba, they have great hospitals set up for those that visit from other nations, really state of the art stuff. That is where all the Cuban Health Care money goes. For the rest of the populous, they get flies and soiled bed sheets.
    Source please.

Advanced Trainer

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Man that sucks. I've always been pretty thankful since I was a little kazr to be born in a first world country so I didn't have to endure such hopelessness. But really, what is the alternative there? Cuba is a butt hole and I think anyone can agree with that.
    It is, but their Government dumps all of its money into these First World Hospitals because it is a place for the rich and wealthy to flock to for cheap surgeries. The rest of Cuba, the citizens with their wonderful Health Care system, have to live in their Third World Hospitals. Thus you get deaths of patients as we saw a few weeks ago.

Now can we please get back to politics.

Advanced Trainer

Health care is a pretty important political topic in the United States at the moment, whether you're right or left leaning

I'm going to take therealcuba dot com with a grain of salt just like Mr. Moore

just look at this guy

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Health care is a pretty important political topic in the United States at the moment, whether you're right or left leaning
    But that is not the purpose of the thread, it is to discuss the political climate right now in America, it is not a discussion on Health Care as Heald and I agreed to earlier.

Advanced Trainer

Whoa there I didn't know you and Heald were the de facto discussion deciders in TPM! My apologies.

The political climate sucks, it's pretty cloudy with a chance of rain. When I first got into politics I was outraged about all the bull shit that comes from all sides of the political spectrum in the current day and age until I realized that this is how it's always been, a bunch of reactionary babies thinking that other opinions are inches away from ripping this country into a steaming pile of shit.

Now instead of my blood boiling I can't help but just laugh at it and ride the snake baby.

What's your opinion on Haiti? A guy in my class today was tip toeing around the idea that we should not do a damn thing in terms of relief effort and aid for them.
    Last edited by kazr; 20th January 2010 at 09:14 PM.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

What's your opinion on Haiti? A guy in my class today was tip toeing around the idea that we should not do a damn thing in terms of relief effort and aid for them.
    There is plenty to talk about with what is happening in the US with out going wildly off topic again. We have the Scott Brown victory, we have the death throws of the Health Care bill, we have the upcoming midterm elections, we have the 2012 Presidential elections, etc etc etc.

Advanced Trainer

There is plenty to talk about with what is happening in the US with out going wildly off topic again. We have the Scott Brown victory, we have the death throws of the Health Care bill, we have the upcoming midterm elections, we have the 2012 Presidential elections, etc etc etc.
    Oh no now that dems don't have a filibuster proof majority, which I'm doubting all 60 would have voted yes on the reform anyways. What is there to discuss?

Health care reform is going to either not pass, or be a white washed piece of shit if it does.

Who's Obama going to run against in '12? Palin? Huckabee? Not fucking likely, they have some nice cushy jobs being talking heads for FNC. Newt? He's full of hot air. We've got some time on this one

Pick something broha, I'm feeling feisty tonight and want to pound on my keyboard to people I will never meet in real life. I have a serious question though... are you a freeper?

lazy edit,
    Haiti is some real shit happening right now with real consequences for a lot of people. I don't see how this has no merit for discussion, and this is the perfect thread to do it in.
    Last edited by kazr; 20th January 2010 at 09:33 PM.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Oh no now that dems don't have a filibuster proof majority, which I'm doubting all 60 would have voted yes on the reform anyways. What is there to discuss?

Health care reform is going to either not pass, or be a white washed piece of shit if it does.
    Right now odds are "Not going to pass"

Who's Obama going to run against in '12? Palin? Huckabee? Not fucking likely, they have some nice cushy jobs being talking heads for FNC. Newt? He's full of hot air. We've got some time on this one
    Ever consider WHY they have such cushy jobs? Being on Cable allows them to broadcast to millions of people every week. It keeps both of them visible, front of mind, and able to expose on Political Views with little worry of media backlash. You take jobs like that to get ready for the next election.

Edit:
    Haiti is some real shit happening right now with real consequences for a lot of people. I don't see how this has no merit for discussion, and this is the perfect thread to do it in.
    Because it is not a Haiti thread? As for my view of the US' involvement in Haiti

We are not obligated to help them, but we do, why? Because it is the right thing to do. With out the US, Haiti would be in far more trouble right now, not just with the loss of aid, but because it would be a lawless state. There is already stories out there of people coming to aid drops with Machetes. Of Men beating women and children to get first in line for food. It is truly survival of the fittest and the Haiti Government is not able to protect the weaker out there.

Now people can go out and criticize the US for our response to this for some very very stupid reasons. But with out boots on the ground, the death count would be rising right now, and it wouldn't be the earthquake that would be causing it to rise.

Advanced Trainer

Ever consider WHY they have such cushy jobs? Being on Cable allows them to broadcast to millions of people every week. It keeps both of them visible, front of mind, and able to expose on Political Views with little worry of media backlash. You take jobs like that to get ready for the next election.
    Nope. You take jobs like that to make bank after you're done making strong ties and get out of public service. No president in the past 40 years (or possibly ever, not going to bother looking it up because I'm most likely right) has gone from public service to high paying pundit job to president.

answer my freep question

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Nope. You take jobs like that to make bank after you're done making strong ties and get out of public service. No president in the past 40 years (or possibly ever, not going to bother looking it up because I'm most likely right) has gone from public service to high paying pundit job to president.
    Well that is a pretty ignorant statement as the 24 Hour Cable News Networks have really only came into existence over the previous two Presidencies. Before that it was strictly nightly news. Now like it or not both candidates are gearing up toward making a 2012 run, and both of them would be insane not to, Huckabee polls incredibly high against Obama, and Palin's numbers have been on the rebound since the book tour. A book tour by the way, which looked alot like a early primary tour to gather up support.

answer my freep question
    Well first I had to look up Freep so that should tell you something. Second while I am right wing I am not a political activist, I have only gone to two political events in my life, one of which was a local watching party.
    Last edited by Roy Karrde; 20th January 2010 at 09:45 PM.

Advanced Trainer

Well that is a pretty ignorant statement as the 24 Hour Cable News Networks have really only came into existence over the previous two Presidencies. Before that it was strictly nightly news. Now like it or not both candidates are gearing up toward making a 2012 run, and both of them would be insane not to, Huckabee polls incredibly high against Obama, and Palin's numbers have been on the rebound since the book tour. A book tour by the way, which looked alot like a early primary tour to gather up support.
    Huckabee is a religious fundamentalist with some pretty prehistoric views that 'fit in with the bible' but sadly aren't up to date in our current society, gotta move forward or you risk falling behind. He lost to John McCain in the primaries. John McCain, a doddering old robot who couldn't even beat a black guy in the United States. edit, seriously I just want to reiterate that John fucking McCain was the best candidate that the republicans could field in '08 is mind blowing.

Palin is a joke. Everything she did or said during the '08 election was just a complete and utter joke and the thought of her actually running for President in '12 not only makes me filled with glee for the inevitable slaughter but the sheer amounts of comedy that will be produced from it will be staggering.
    Last edited by kazr; 20th January 2010 at 09:57 PM.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Huckabee is a religious fundamentalist with some pretty prehistoric views that 'fit in with the bible' but sadly aren't up to date in our current society, gotta move forward or you risk falling behind. He lost to John McCain in the primaries. John McCain, a doddering old robot who couldn't even beat a black guy in the United States.
    And while I agree with you, nothing of that prevents him from running again and possibly winning the nomination.

edit, seriously I just want to reiterate that John fucking McCain was the best candidate that the republicans could field in '08 is mind blowing.
    Not really, there was a heavy Republican Backlash in early 2008 building, and the party believed a man who was well liked by Independents and Hispanics could possibly win against the two heavy weights on the Democratic side. In the end they were wrong.

Palin is a joke. Everything she did or said during the '08 election was just a complete and utter joke and the thought of her actually running for President in '12 not only makes me filled with glee for the inevitable slaughter but the sheer amounts of comedy that will be produced from it will be staggering.
    And I will say it again, do not underestimate her, also we have no idea what the Political Climate will be in 2012. It could possibly be even more toxic for Democrats than it is right now. Just as the Political Climate in 2008 was toxic for Republicans. If it is, expect the Republican candidate to win. Also as I have said it again, if Hillary Clinton can start out looking like a soul less evil bitch, and in the end look like a respectable human being just through the riggers of one campaign, anything can happen.

Hardcore Casual Gamer Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

You know what the stupid funny thing is? The Republican Party's values were the Democratic's and vice-versa. Over the past couple years or so their values were reversed or something along those lines, somehow, and they were supposed to reverse back right around when Clinton was leaving office. However, thanks to Bush the second being elected, it's gonna take quite a while for that to happen because of his status of why he was elected. So in other words, all that is happening to the U.S. right now is W. Bush's fault.