Thread: Shadows, Hair, and Trees — oh my!

Epic as Usual Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Shadows, Hair, and Trees — oh my!

My latest pics! These were all done over the course of last week. It was a lot of fun, as each one is in very different style.

Shadow of Protection
    This was a fun picture I made up using a blend of computer manipulations and traditional drawings. It's Matsuné, one of the heroes of my manga, with a twist on his shadow. (The person in the shadow is Shakuro, the main hero. Yes, she's a good guy, and yes, she's got horns and wings. She rocks.)

TIW — Rucipher Poster
    A poster for the webcomic I'm doing with my brother "The Iron Wizard" (you can read it by following the links in my sig). It's a picture of the main character; a cyborg wizard named Rucipher. Copic marks on paper.

Meeting with the Warrior Tree
    An epic colored pencil piece. This one took me almost ten days. It's a picture of a character from a novel I'm writing, and a rather extraordinary tree. (You can read more about the tree by scrolling down from the picture.)

Anyway, gotta run now, enjoy!

Elrond rambled.

Default Re: Shadows, Hair, and Trees — oh my!

I LOVE the shadow in the first one. It looks so... shadow. o_O; LOL. Really perfect. ^^; Something I noticed with shadows, irl, is that the farther they are from their source, the blurrier they get... so mebbe blurr the end a bit? o-o rarr.
    The second piccy is awesome too x-x GREAT shading. especially on the hair and the metal claw. *nodnods* mebbe make a brighter shine on the glasses? ^_^; dunno. Great piccy. ^_^
    and the last one... wow. D: so amazing. The tree is stunning, really. <3 great job.