Thread: What do your marks mean?

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Default What do your marks mean?

You know the new "Mark" feature? Well, I was just wondering how everyone uses it. This is how I use them, so far:

All Marks = My starter (Torchic, now Blaziken)
    Triangle = Traded
    Square = Caught in Safari Zone
    Circle + Heart = Hatched from an Egg

I think that's all... I haven't decided yet what Marks I'll use for Shinies, or the PokéRus. So, how about you guys?

By the way, I have a strong suspicion that the Mark feature will be used similarly to the "Other" feature in the Stadium 2 List, when the Gamecube Stadium comes out... you'll probably be able to view a list of Marked Pokémon, and so forth.

EDIT: I wonder if I can bump this just by editing... I'd hate to double post....

Sorry, I've never even heard of the "Marks" feature. Where can I find it? Is it in the Pokemon info panel?

In the Pokenav. I have a heart marking on each of the pokemon I have on my team.

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

To access the Marks feature, just go to the PC, and to the Pokémon storage system. Then, pick any Pokémon and hit A, which brings up the menu (Summary, Withdraw/Deposit, Release, etc.). Mark is one of the options on that menu. You can use it to mark your Pokémon with any combination of the following symbols: Circle, Square, Triangle, Heart.

Banned

marx are for people who are either extremel bored, or extremely bored... i dont see why id need to use'em, i can tell by summary very easily, i dont need to know if caught in zaf zone if i cant remember.... i can tell what i need to know by looking at them... o_O

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Well... like I said above, I suspect you will be able to view Pokémon by Mark in Stadium GCN. But other than that... here are some situations where Marks may be helpful:

• You catch a bunch of the same species of Pokémon, and need to differentiate between them.
    • You need to check Pokémon by Contest stats when you're in the PC, and don't feel like going back to the PokéNav to find them.
    • You Mark certain Pokémon for certain things if you plan on lending the game out, so that the person knows which ones are supposed to do what... for example, you Mark the ones that he/she should use against this Gym Leader, and you Marked the ones he/she should use against a different Gym Leader differently.
    • You breed a lot of Pokémon, and decide to Mark which ones should breed with which other ones... in case you ever want to start a new game, you could use this to decide the parents of the Pokémon that you plan on trading over (as eggs, so that when they hatch, they'll always obey you). This could make it easier for you to complete your game, with Pokémon that already know advanced moves.

Just a few examples, but I'm sure there are more uses.

Banned

i use the triangle for marking HM slaves! hehehe. I've already marked a wailord bec. he can be used to for dive, surf, strength and rock smash. useful for getting to the underwater cave.

Banned

i use circles for all the ones i use on my team, and hearts for the ones especially bred for contests.

thats all though ;x