Thread: My Pokemon TCG City Championship Team

Default My Pokemon TCG City Championship Team

Level 50, no same items, 3 Pokemon, no legendaries.

Ludicolo @ Leftovers
    Modest
    Rain Dance
    Leech Seed
    Giga Drain
    Surf

Milotic @ Lum Berry
    Modest
    Toxic
    Confuse Ray
    Surf
    Recover

Starmie @ Pettya Berry
    Modest
    Ice Beam
    Thunderbolt
    Psychic
    Recover

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Dunno. Looks a bit physically vulnerable, and it has no real counter for Electrics, especially if they happen to be using Light Screen (which many will). Something like Snorlax or Slaking should be able to sweep the team. Psychics with Light Screen will also cause it some issues (i.e. Alakazam). Your Milotic and Ludicolo are also a touch vulnerable to some OHKOs, since their sets rely mainly on stalling. If the enemy is water-resistant with a OHKO (i.e. Wailord with Fissure) They are probably gone.

But my main concern would be Electrics and physical sweepers.
    rinku

The GREEN Pokémon master!

To tell you the truth, when I last went to a tourny, everyone was inexperienced and I had no problem beating anyone. (P0RYG0N can vouch for that) We were supposed to do 3 on 3, but in one case, I battled a team of 6 and my Ludicolo got rid of 5/6 Pokemon.

I don't think it really matters on what I need to worry about facing, but how I can make my team better and not worry about the opponent.

Oh yeah, just realized. My entire team has never been defeated by anyone, EVER. That just shows how inexperienced a lot of the people are.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

since ludy is more of a staller, modest isn't as important. calm or bold work better.

starmie, more speed than power imho. timid is better.

not much else i can see, except the fact you use two stallers. maybe taking a water-type and making it a physical sweeper is a better idea (assuming you want to keep a theme, and blastoise/walrein comes to mind)
    “I always say if you’re going to get shot, do it in a hospital.”
    -House

How would Blastoise fit in here? Would I take out Milotic and make Blastoise a Tank with Mirror Coat or something?

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

it's your choice, but i recommend something besides a staller. blastoise could do:

earthquake
    mirrorcoat
    icebeam
    filler
    @whatever
    (basedonfiller nature)

i am rushed right now i can put a better answer when i return.
    “I always say if you’re going to get shot, do it in a hospital.”
    -House

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Another good possibility is Swampert, which would give electrical immunity, with a similar set:

Earthquake
    Ice Beam/Surf/Muddy Water
    Mirror Coat
    Return/Hyper Beam/HP physical/Rock Tomb

To be honest, I don't think the team really needs fixing that badly. If it's working, you probably don't need to change. Certianly I wouldn't bother trying to get "better" natures, since you have a real team with suitable natures that I assume took you some work to breed and train.
    rinku

The GREEN Pokémon master!

Banned

You know, Ludi doesn't have to be a staller, it works perfectly well with modest/raindance/swift swim. I don't really like it when people automatically assume it's a staller. It can really sweep some teams. I mean, it does have good defences, and it tends to absorb damage no matter what set it's given. but then again so does Snorlax VS special attacks.
    Don't say things like, 'dont put modest on ludi because then it wont stall as well' then say something like 'btw I dont like it stalling cause it can't do much damage'. You've contradicted yourself but telling him to make it more stally by giving it calm/bold over modest, and yet say he's got too many stallers on his team once you've changed it. On first view WPM's ludi didn't look like a staller to me.

WPM - If you're changing anything, I'd take out something for Swampert. Swampert is an ownage water pokemon that offers a great physical attack. It also gives great defences and huge hp. (it's my favourite water pokemon bar poliwhirl).

Swampert@Chesto
    Torrent: Modest
    252 hp, 128 atk, 128, spatk
    OR 252 hp, 128 def, 128 spdef

Earthquake
    Icebeam
    Surf
    Rest

Swapert's type cancels out water's weakness to electric, so if you put Swampert and ludi both in you wont have any major weaknesses running through your team. Plus, since this is in-game, you dont have to worry about an electric pokemon with HP Grass or anything.

Btw Phaedrus, I'm not flaming you, I'm just using you comment as an example, I'm sorry if this offends you in any way.

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by phaedrus
    it's your choice, but i recommend something besides a staller. blastoise could do:

earthquake
    mirrorcoat
    icebeam
    filler
    @whatever
    (basedonfiller nature)

i am rushed right now i can put a better answer when i return.
    Just to note, that set would fit better on a swampert :p... blastoise is more for stalling or hazing...
    [Insertcreativeandcolorfulsignaturehere]

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love, and be loved in return"

Shedinja used Sandstorm!
    A sandstorm brewed!
    ---------------------------------
    The sandstorm rages.
    Suicune is buffeted by the sandstorm!
    Shedinja is buffeted by the sandstorm!
    Shedinja fainted! :rolleyes2
    XD