- jason rogers :: survivor :: darktyranitar -
    - roxanne violet :: survivor :: chobichibi -

---
    - david warner :: stars :: roy karrde -
    - vanessa strong :: stars :: crystal tears -
    - jeremy rush :: stars :: virtualplay
    - evan ross :: stars :: everoy -

STARS

Dunlake Mansion looms forbidding on the horizon of the island. Something inside you tells you that this mission will be something more than a simple Search and Rescue, but you stamp your feet against the cold and the doubts, and put such thoughts out of your heads. Thinking such as that never did anyone any good.

As your boat pulls up to the island, your driver ushers you all off hastily, and immediately turns around and zooms away. A very strange character, although he can be excused – this island makes even the steadiest of people feel skittish and strange - but you are STARS members, the Alpha Team, named for extreme survivability, a tribute to those in the past who came out of Arklay Mountains alive.

Your team splits off, efficient, scoping out the surroundings. The Mansion is not far from the rude quay, and all too soon you find yourselves at the door, which swings open, unexpectedly smooth and sudden, when your Captain places a palm against the broad panels.

You fan out inside the Mansion's Main Hall. It seems empty, but too silent to not be suspicious. The silence is broken, however, by the sound of the main doors closing behind you. The crash echoes around the large hall, a neat symbolic sound that there is no leaving until the mission is complete.

Main Hall

The Main Hall is a large, echoing room. Directly opposite the main doors lies a wide staircase, carpeted richly in red. The Hall itself is eerily empty, and the main doors are firmly locked, should you try them. There is no escape, save for going deep into the Mansion.

Queerly enough, a single, tall table stands next to the staircase, topped with an old-fashioned typewriter. There are a total of three doors in the Main Hall. One to the left, and two to the right, and you can see that the main staircase branches off to the left and right at the top.

What will you do?

Survivors

A resounding crash echoes around your individual cells, rousing some of you from sleep and despondency. With no warning, the doors to every cell swing open invitingly. Is it a trap? Pondering will do you no good – you get up cautiously, peer around the door frame and find yourself face to face with people who you only know by the sound of their screams. As you step tentatively out of your cell, the chill of the outside air hits you, and you shiver. If this really is a serious malfunction in the system, escape could be a real possibility, but you will not last long without proper clothing, and perhaps a weapon too. Some of the screams at night sounded distinctly inhuman, and you have no desire to meet such creatures unarmed.

An alarm breaks your silence, a polite automated voice filling the air as your cell doors swing back closed inexorably.

This is a safety announcement. We are currently experiencing technical difficulties, and ask that all Project Participants stay within the confines of their quarters for their own safety. We will endeavour to fix this problem with due expediency. This is a safety announcement. We are currently experiencing...

Cell-Block Corridor

The corridor you find yourselves in is long, and lined with cells to either side. In the middle, there is a great rectangle, bordered by railings. If you peered over the railings, you would see a long drop, and the shimmer of water at the bottom.

At one end of the corridor there is a single door, next to a window with what looks to be office furniture inside. Somewhere within this corridor, there are two items.

What will you do?

And we begin! Apologies for the delay and all that. Now, here's a few notes on carrying items, and how item chests work.

Items and item space are different for each party of players. The details are as follows;
    STARS: You have three item spaces per person. These are;

• cargo pockets (good for shells or bullets)
    • a holster for your gun (a second gun can be stored inside here, should you find one)
    • belt pack (one healing item/important item per person)

Survivors: You can carry whatever you can manage in your hands, until you find some clothes, or a pack, or something extra. Space includes;

• whatever you can hold in your hands – this is usually two things, one per hand (a weapon, or a healing item, or an important item)
    • if you find clothes with pockets, these can be used for shells or bullets, or to store a weapon
    • a pack provides extra item space, but these are rare

Item Chests: If there are item chests hidden within a room, I will state in that room's description “there are two items in this room.” I will not say where they are, you can RP that yourselves. When an item chest is opened, I will reveal its contents, which will be randomised from a set list for that particular room. You may choose to take an item, or to leave it there if you have no room. You can also exchange it for something else you are currently holding, if you wish. If it occurs that you leave an item, and you turn out to need it later on, you can send back a person with item space to retrieve the item, although this does not promise to be safe.

If you have any questions, please get in touch with me via pm, email (same as msn address), msn (messy_hair_welcome@msn.com) or by posting me threatening letters.
    Last edited by Weasel Overlord; 24th March 2010 at 12:02 PM. Reason: lol typos

this is hell
    we have a little something called integrity

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

♥ <(^o^)> ♥ Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: RESIDENT EVIL Project: Dunlake - BEGIN

STARS: Ven

Charming…

The hall was completely empty of anything really relevant, something that made the woman mentally scowl. The emotion didn’t break upon her face though, she wouldn’t allowed it. As they entered she couldn’t shake this feeling of terror, like this place was holding some secret.

“Ven, check it out.” She looked over at the Captain, who in turn gestured to the typewriter.

Both Warner and Rossi fanned out, the lieutenant taking a particular interest in the stairs as Warner just scanned the surroundings.

“Anything?” Rush questioned, taking a look at the lone door.

Ven tilted her head as she holstered her gun and carefully plucked a piece of paper from the typewriter. “Maybe…” She replied, looking the piece over.

~ * ~

Checking out the paper in the typewriter… :3

Sorry if it's wrong or bad? XD D:

WE ARE SEX BOB-OMB! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Jeremy Rush ~ STARS Captain

It wasn't the fact that anything was wrong or out of place that gave me a deep resounding feeling of dread. No, it was the fact that NOTHING was wrong or out of place. This place looked like a standard mansion, but from the reaction of the boat driver and the fact that we STARS had actually been deployed, we knew someone—or something—was lurking somewhere in here.

A splotch of black was the only thing to catch my eye as possibly being out of place in the warm browns and reds of the rest of the foyer. "Ven, check it out," I said, nodding towards the ancient-looking typewriter sitting on a tall table to the side of the stairs. She didn't make any motions or noises to confirm she heard me, but moved over to it anyway. I moved off to the side, close to the door that stood near the typewriter, while David and Evan moved the other way, Evan taking a particular interest in looking up the stairs.

"Anything?" I asked as I examined the door. It was fairly ornate but still simplistic. I heard a slight shuffle and looked to see Ven putting her gun into her holster. I held my gun a little tighter, half-expecting the machine to be booby-trapped.

"Maybe…" she responded as she pulled a piece of paper out of the machine.

-- Waiting for results of examining the typewriter. --
    SteamID: virtualplay
    PSN Handle: VirtualPlay1337

VirtualPlay: they were checking your age so they could legally allow the guys to ogle you?
    ChobiChibi: yeah I guess XD

The destroyer of worlds Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Survivors: Lafitte Demore

Lafitte slowly stepped out of his cell, surprised to see that the door was open. He glanced around at the others, who seemed just as confused as him. Whatever happened must have knocked out the power. Well, whatever it was, it was clear he didn't have time to stick around and see just what the hell was going on.

And of course, walking around in this rather revealing hospital gown wasn't helping matters.

Ignoring the others for the time being, he noticed the window next to the door. Maybe there was something in there? He went to check it out.

~Lafitte's checking out the window.
    I'm in your dimensions, screwing with your reality!

exit stage Crowley Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

STARS

Vanessa takes the thin paper from the typewriter with no little amount of trepidation. She tries not to tear the fragile piece, as she examines it. The paper is torn slightly at the bottom, and the ink is still slightly damp. She wonders why it was just left here, but files away the curiosity for later, as she takes the paper over to her team-mates. They all gather around her, as she reads out the information...

Quote Originally Posted by Las Plagas 2 Report

As an advanced version of the original Plagas, we have expected to see a great improvement in the success rate of all tests for LP2.

Estimated 40% casualty rating in comparison with LP1's 60%.

The next stage is to select appropriate Controllers from the test subjects who are still alive. Veracity and tenacity is already a factor in their behaviour, the final question remains whether they can adapt to, and handle, the transformation into a Controller form.

Estimated 20% success rating, but to get two Controllers from one hundred will be the best result we could hope for, at this stage.

It is true indeed, LP2 is the way forward, a pioneer in biological engineering. Excitement for the results is at an all-time high, morale could not be better.
    What will you do?

Survivors

Lafitte edges his way over to the window cautiously. Surely if their cell doors had opened, others had too? He had no idea what else was in this facility, but he wasn't sure he wanted to find out any time soon. Peering through the window, he notes that it is, indeed, what appears to be a normal office. Inside, he can see a desk upon which a computer sits, a swivel chair, and a series of six lockers lining one side. One of the doors of the lockers is hanging open – its edge is slightly battered, as if someone has pried it open.

Perhaps there is something inside the lockers that would be useful? He tries the door, rattling the handle, but there is no luck. It is locked.

What will you do?

this is hell

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

Advanced Trainer

Ven held the paper as a small frown broke onto her face. The others were quiet; the group trying to understand what she had just read out. Exactly what on earth was going on in this place? Her frown disappeared as the Captain let out a sigh.

“Thoughts?” His eyes grazed over the STARS commandos.

“What the hell is going on here?” Warner questioned, crossing his arms. “Advancing the Plagas?”

Fantastic… Ven mentally cringed.

“Well if we knew that, do you honestly think they’d just send STARS?” Rossi grunted, turning back towards the stairs.

The two lieutenants shared a brief glare. Warner dared to continue, deciding to ignore his equal’s side-comment.

“I don’t like the idea of running in blind sir.” He grunted.

“Neither do I.” Rush admitted, though he sounded confident still. “But we don’t have a choice.”

Ven rolled her eyes, wanting to get off the subject. Being blind meant she had more of an excuse to shoot, if they knew what they were walking into, there would be tons of regulations and rules. She hated how there were so many bloody rules about things. “The ink is still drying. So it was probably recently typed, meaning there’s someone here and they’ll have answers.”

“Ms. Sunshine here, all you want to do is shoot someone.” Evan smirked, glancing over his shoulder at the group.

Ven smiled in return, “Yes, and if I don’t find someone soon, you’ll have to do.”

Evan chuckled, turning his attention back to the staircase.

“Alright.” Jeremy interrupted, giving a sad headshake. “Ven you’re with me, Rossi you want to take the stairs?”

Ven turned her attention back to the paper as the others discussed plans. She didn’t need to hear them; she had her orders and a task. She was to accompany the Captain, and find whoever had written this report. Then they could question the target about what all this meant, and maybe get some answers. Carefully she checked if the ink was dry, finding it was, Ven neatly tucked the note into her pocket and took her gun back into her hands.

If the Plagas was here, and there was another strain, it meant she had to be ready.

~ * ~

Um… Kay, so we’re splitting up, that’s what was decided. Me and Mike will take the lone door, and if it's locked we’ll check out the other doors… Everoy and Roy are taking the stairs, I believe. Up to them to post XD

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

STARS: David

Everyone was being a bit talkative, if there was anyone lurking near by there was a good chance that they would have heard one of us by now. Combine that with the narrow hallways the mansion seemed to have and a prolonged fight could get bloody very fast. Then again, he wouldn't mind a straight up fight.

David glanced over at Evan noticing him glancing over the stairs and chuckling. “Ven you’re with me, Rossi you want to take the stairs?” Jeremy announced as I walked past Evan.

"I'll babysit him." I added, turning back to Evan. "If we get in to trouble you will thank me." I added under my breath.

' 3 ' Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Survivors – Jason Rogers

Jason, with deliberate slowness, moved about the corridor. He noticed one of the cellmates – he was also wearing that hospital gown as well – had went to check out the window.

He was about to check the door next to the window, but the aforementioned person had checked that out as well. And as Jason expected, it seems to be locked.

The person had, with some hand gestures, suggested that Jason might as well find something that could be of use. With as much enthusiasm as a person that was about to die, Jason searched for something that could at least make the situation slightly better. Or, at least, not so terrible.

Checking out for those items~
    Please take it easy~

Did the dew Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Survivors – Marcus Venton

Marcus pulled his head back. He been watching as to people in hospital gowns like his had checked a window. One ran off to look for something, and the other had turned his back, leaving the door they had failed to open free.

Marcus weighted his options, but nothing seemed to make sense. "Alright, if logic isn't working, maybe something illogical will." he said to himself. He took a step back, put his shoulder out and charged at the door...

Checking out the door

Elite Trainer

Roy, write your action at the end of your posts please. First warning! I'll explain the pertinent subjects raised from this reaction post in the Saferoom.

STARS 1

Vanessa and Jeremy partner off to the left side of the Hall. The door lies underneath the balcony on the first floor, just past where the large staircase begins. The wallpaper covering the walls is luridly patterned like a throwback to the sixties, and the door has four long panels and an ornate, round doorknob. Vanessa reaches out and tries the doorknob cautiously. It gives beneath her hand, turning smoothly, and the door swings out and away from her as she lets go of the knob. It's unlocked!

What will you do?

STARS 2

David and Evan turn away from the other members of their team, focusing their attentions upon the staircase. It is wide, the centre is carpeted with a threadbare, red-patterned material, and the edges are exposed wood, slightly splintered in appearance. A cautious foot on the first stair reveals that they are structurally sound, and David and Evan take this as a good sign. Halfway up the stairs, they emerge from the cover of the balcony going across the centre of the Hall, and a sudden scuffling noise comes from above. Evan's head cranes around to see what the noise was when, suddenly, a prone body plunges from the balcony and hits the pair in their legs, and they both stumble backwards as the body comes to a halt, sprawled diagonally across three of the stairs. The body does not move.

What do you do?

Survivors 1

Jason looks around the corridor, certain that there must be something of help somewhere. He is not wrong – propped up in the right corner, next to the office, is a long rectangular box. There is also a smaller square one nestled underneath this, with the number “22” written on the top in black marker.

What will you do?

Survivors 2

Marcus takes a few steps backwards, gauging the distance to the door with a keen eye. He tilts himself so that his shoulder will take the brunt of the impact, and charges directly at the door. He reckons without, however, the door itself, which is made of reinforced steel, especially good for keeping out the screams of Project Dunlake Participants. He smacks into the steel, hard, the impact making a painful sound. He bit back a yelp as he ricocheted away from the door, clutching his shoulder. There's not going to be any luck opening that door with brute force, that's for sure.

Marcus Venton Status: -5 health

What will you do?

this is hell

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

Did the dew Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Marcus Venton

Marcus moaned, clutching his shoulder. "Okay, Let's go back to logic." Marcus mudered to himself. He turned the corner where the other person had gone, shouting loud enough(he hoped) for anyone in the area to hear: "Okay, that Doors not going to open without key."

Turning the corner, giving information to the others, making presence known.

Elite Trainer

Lafitte shook his head, watching Marcus ramming into the steel door. Smashing the window would probably be better, but they'll have to see. He turned and headed to where the other two had wandered off to. He glanced at the two boxes that they had found.

"Hmm, what's in there I wonder," he murmured to himself.

Checking out the boxes

RPG Dyke's Bitch Moderator

Roxanne~ Survivor

Roxanne woke up to a loud crashing noise from outside her cell. Glancing around, she noticed that her door was slightly ajar. Odd... She thought, slowly getting to her feet and stretching. Security is never lax... Maybe something's happened?

"Okay, that door's not going to open without a key." She heard one man say as she stepped out. She nodded at him before joining the man that was studying two boxes.

"Hey..." Roxanne tapped him on the shoulder to get his attention. "Need any help?"

Checking out the boxes

X-rated since April 2012!

Weasel Overlord says:
    JIZZ EVERYWHERE

Crystal Tears: Shut. Up.
    Or i will hog tie you
    and ram you
    with my train

Elite Trainer

As Ven neared the door I readied my shotgun, focusing myself for anything that might jump out. Ven slowly grasped the handle and turned, the knob easily rotating with her hand. As she let go, the door slowly creaked open into the next room. I tensed up a bit, but there were no sounds or movement from the other room.

A loud thump from behind us made me jump, and I spun to quickly aim at the railing of the stairs. I couldn't see David or Evan from my position, so I called out, "What was that? Do you need help?"

"We're fine, it was nothing," David called back. His head appeared over the side of the railing, "Just continue on, we need to cover as much space as possible." There was something about his tone of voice that struck me as odd, but he had a point. This building was probably too large for one group to search effectively.

"Alright," I said, turning back towards the door, "just make sure you call for help if you need it." I looked at Ven, "You ready?"

She nodded, tightening the grip on her weapon. I grabbed my own weapon tightly again, making my way towards the now-open door.

-- Going through the unlocked door from the main hall --

VirtualPlay: they were checking your age so they could legally allow the guys to ogle you?

Elite Trainer

Survivors

Marcus joins the group of you gathered around the pair of boxes.

Inside the long, slim box you find a stick. It resembles a snooker cue, with a sharpened piece of metal attached to one end by a piece of string. It does not look particularly secure, and when you pick it up, the metal wobbles alarmingly. The smaller box yields a better prize – a heavy key.

What will you do?

STARS 1

David and Evan both peer at the prone body. Evan's face is closer than it should be, and when he reaches down to poke, the body grabs on to his finger and pulls itself up using his arm. The zombie, for it is indeed a zombie, latches its jaws onto Evan's arm and bites down, flecks of saliva hitting David in the face. He reaches for his gun, but the zombie's lunge knocks Evan bodily into him, and they both fall heavily backwards onto the floor.

Encounter:

Zombie | Uninjured | Health: Unknown

Evan Rossi Status: -5 Health, zombie bite

What will you do?

STARS 2

The door swings behind you, and you hear the click as it shuts properly, closing out the sounds of a struggle from the Hall. You look around the room – it's a Dining Room. There is a long table in the centre, spanning the majority of the space, and it's laid with dusty silverware, cracked crockery, and at each setting there stands a half-full glass of red wine, which gives off a smell like overripe fruit. A small fly buzzes around near your faces, and you swat it away distractedly.

At one end of the room stands a fireplace full of coal and kindling; the mantlepiece is old and weathered, and there is an eerie picture above it, the paint stained and yellowed, faded as if it has been in the sun for too long. The frame is ugly and large.

At the opposite end there is a doorway, which leads into a smaller room containing a desk with two drawers, and an outwardly curving pair of paned windows. The curtains surrounding them are maroon and motheaten, and they hang awkwardly off the pole.

This room has two items hidden somewhere within it.

What will you do?

this is hell

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

It happened faster than he had expected, and actually caught David a bit off guard, what they had thought was a dead body, used Evan to rise up, and then bit down on his arm, sending spittle onto David’s face. He reached for his gun, the action being more muscle memory than anything else when faced with a hostile. Yet the monster seemed to already be one step ahead, and threw Evan at him, sending both of them tumbling to the ground.

“Get off..” David groaned, using his free arm to pull out his Sig and fired two rounds at the monster, aiming for the chest, but at the angle he was at his accuracy really wasn’t the best.

~Two shots at the Zombie’s Chest with his Sig. ~

Elite Trainer

As I passed through the door, I came to find myself looking at a large hall with a long table. A dining room, and from what I could tell, it was set up and ready to seat people. I didn't see any people though; fortunately I also didn't see any not-exactly-people either. The fly buzzing in my face didn't count.

Ven came through the doorway behind me, and no sooner had she gone past the open door than it shut suddenly with a definitive slam. Ven and I spun quickly with our weapons drawn to face the door to see who had closed the door, but there was nobody there.

"Creepy mansion with auto-slamming doors," I said, relaxing a bit. "Par for the course," I added with a small chuckle. Ven just let out a small sigh, which I expected; she might be snarky and sarcastic, but cheesy humor doesn't exactly fall under her 'likes' column.

I stopped and finally took a good look around the room. The table was definitely meant to host a nice big party of people. The silverware was rather dusty, though, as if it had been sitting for a while. The plates looked worse for wear, most of them chipped, some of them even cracked in some places.

Interestingly enough, each place had a relatively pristine wine glass, and each glass was half-filled with what I could only assume was wine. The faint smell of past-ripe fruit seemed to confirm my suspicion.

"At least it's not blood…" I said suddenly, making Ven give me a rather odd look. "Hey, you have to admit it's a good thing they're not filled with blood."

"Well yeah, but it was still a rather random comment." She shook her head as we started circling the table, heading towards the large fireplace.

"Keep an eye out for anything useful," I said as we walked.

-- Walking towards the fireplace/mantle, looking for items --

Elite Trainer

STARS 1

Your body twists awkwardly as you shoot – one of your shots goes wild, the other embeds deep into the zombie's shoulder, knocking it back a step but not doing much in the way of lasting damage. It lurches forward, knocking you to the ground – you are now at the bottom of the stairs, on the floor. You knock your head on the floor and see stars for a second, and then the Zombie makes a lunge for your neck.

Encounter:

Zombie | One Injury| Health: Unknown

Evan Rossi Status: -2 Health, zombie bite, unconscious
    David Warner Status: -3 Health

What will you do?

STARS 2

You examine the fireplace and find that there is a small box nestled between the cluttered ornaments.

What will you do?

Survivors

An alarming hissing noise fills the air, and you look around, worried. What could it be?

What will you do?

this is hell

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

Elite Trainer

I'll post since nobody else will >.<

The Frenchman looked around as the unsettling hissing sound filled the air. "Ok, enough sitting around. We've got to go NOW! You!" he said, pointing at Roxanne, "See if that key will open the door. If not, you," he gestured to Marcus, "Smash that window with that spear...thing. Ok, let's move!"

Trying the key on the door. If that fails, smash the window with the weapon.
    Last edited by Mystic_clown; 1st May 2010 at 08:40 AM.

Elite Trainer

Survivors

The key slides perfectly into the lock, and you collectively breath a sigh of relief as the heavy door slams closed behind you, effectively cutting off the hissing of the escaping gas. God knows what kind of gas that was, but you didn't fancy hanging around to find out!

Now you're inside the office-room - it is poky and small, the furniture and lockers taking up much of the room inside. There are six lockers, as mentioned in the previous description, and one of them is slightly battered at the edges - its door almost hanging open. Within the office-room, there are four items.

What will you do?

this is hell

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

Elite Trainer

He breathed a sigh of relief as they were safely out of the room. He looked around the room, before deciding to inspect the desk.

Checking the desk.

Did the dew Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Marcus Venton

Marcus walked over to the lockers, and seeing one was nearly open, began pulling.

Trying to open the damaged locker

' 3 ' Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Survivors – Jason Rogers

Jason was slightly glad that the key fitted to the door, and that they were now in the room, away from whatever it was that they were gassing.

Still, who knows if there were any nasty stuff waiting for them in the not so distant feature? Well, he’d better go and have a look – maybe he’ll find some more stuff, eh? Let’s see those other lockers then…

*Checking out those other lockers
    Please take it easy~

Roxanne

Happy that the door is completely shut, she takes a look around. Perhaps one of the lockers might contain some of her things? She had no idea how likely that was, but she didn't really want the others to know that she used to work for this company, not just yet anyway. She decides that it would be best not to act suspiciously, so also checks out the desk for any more information, whilst keeping an eye on the other two and the contents of the lockers.

Made sure door was secure, checking desk for info, aware of locker situation

(sorry, doing this on phone, will format properly when I get to a computer)

Weasel Overlord says:
    JIZZ EVERYWHERE

Or i will hog tie you
    and ram you
    with my train

Elite Trainer

Slowly we walked the rest of the distance towards the fireplace. Pretty much all we could find was the place settings on the table.

As we came up to the fireplace, however, we found it cluttered with all sorts of decorations. Pretty much all of it was useless junk, but Ven suddenly pointed at one spot. "There's a box stuck in there," she said.

I moved to look and saw that there was indeed a small box in between a couple of the ornaments. "Hm…" I said, "we should be careful. It could be a trap switch in disguise."

Ven nodded, "Then cover me, you've got the better gun." With that she turned back to the box and slowly reached for it.

-- Covering Ven as she takes the box on the fireplace --

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

"Dammit.." David groaned, darkness seemed to threaten from the corners of his eyes for a second as his head hit the floor. His ears rang with the sound of a thousand bells, but the lumbering monster who had taken a shot in the shoulder but kept coming was more of a pressing need. Willing his hand to stop shaking he took another aim as the monstrous person lunged for his neck, this time with such a short range shot he had better accuracy and fired off three quick rounds in succession at its head.

~Three shots at the Zombie’s Head at close range with his Sig. ~

Advanced Trainer

Did I hear gunshots? The sound made Ven pause, but the others had said they'd be fine. Clicking her tongue once she drew her attention off the shut door and back to the box. She glanced once more at the Captain before she reached for it.

"Here's hoping nothing takes my arm off." She remarked with a slight smirk, hiding her apprehension deep down.

~ * ~

Ridiculously short cuz of comp issues. Sorry Weas for being a bit late~

Grabbing da box, admittedly carefully

Elite Trainer

Survivors

The door is nice and secure, and you are all crowded into the small office. Checking the lockers yields some results; the one with the broken door contains a set of clothing – a warm blue hoodie and a pair of ragged jeans. One of the others contains a mass of white material, which upon further inspection appears to be a voluminous wedding dress. It is motheaten and the train is in tatters. The third and fourth lockers remain locked no matter how hard you try, the fifth is completely empty but the sixth contains the real haul; a Handgun, although it is empty.

Checking the desk reveals a piece of paper that appears to have been hurriedly torn off a bigger pad. There is a date at the top, but it's been so scribbled over that you cannot tell what it's supposed to say.

... it's been five days ... no help … can't get out …

… itchy
    What do you do?

STARS 1

Looking inside the small box yields a key. Closer examination reveals that it holds a stylised picture of a shield upon it. You tuck it into your pocket. It is sure to come in handy at some point.

What do you do?

STARS 2

You are a lot luckier with your shots this time; two of them hit the Zombie dead centre through the forehead, tearing a chunk of gore off that splashes across your face, but the third misses. The Zombie topples forward, falling at your feet. Is it dead this time? Really dead? You really hope so.

Zombie | Defeated
    The Zombie can take a total of 5 wounds before dying properly. Headshots appear to be twice as effective.
    David Warner
    47 Health remaining
    15 Bullets remaining

What will you do?
    Last edited by Weasel Overlord; 8th June 2010 at 02:11 PM.

this is hell

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

Did the dew Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Marcus Venton

Not one to make a fashion statement, Marcus asked the others if they wanted the closes, and scanned the floor for Bullets.

Not taking any clothes-Looking for bullets

' 3 ' Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Survivors – Jason Rogers

Jason thought that it was better if the Frenchman (since he seems to be the leader right now) or the girl take the clothes first (OK, so he can be a gentleman sometime)… though he wasn’t sure if anyone was keen on wearing the dress… think of how weird it would look. He wondered whether it could be of use other than as cloth…

Well, since those lockers don’t seem to be opening anytime soon, and there doesn’t seem to be anything else of interest, might as well look around for a way out, eh?

*Looking around for an exit
    Please take it easy~

Elite Trainer

Survivors - Lafitte Demore

Apart from that note, there wasn't really much else that interested him. So it seemed that the virus had been out for a while, if someone was writing about the symptoms. He looked over at the clothes on offer. If the woman wasn't willing to take the dress, she could take the jeans and hoodie if she wished. After all, he was a gentlemen. His eyes scanned the room, seeing if there was anything else that they overlooked.

Looking over the rest of the room.

Advanced Trainer

STARS: The ones who aren't being eaten...

Ven frowned, though the key would no doubt come in handy at the moment there was nothing that either of them could do with it. Clicking her tongue, she turned from the fireplace and looked back at the other end of the room. It had a desk there, something that tempted her curiosity.

"Let's check that out." Ven gestured to the other side of the room. "Could be somethin' there."

"Alright." Rush replied, keeping his shotgun steady. "Just be careful."

"Yessir," she mocked a half salute and started for it, admittedly, a tad cautiously. Her hand was on her holster, something about this place gave her the creeps.

~ + - - + ~

Checking out the smaller room. Admittedly, carefully. :3

Survivors: Roxanne

Since the guys didn't really seem to be talking, all of them silently gesturing and suggesting that she should take the clothes, she did. She had no shame, after all, she had no idea who they were really, so found herself a little corner and stripped off, quickly changing. The jeans were a little big for her, hanging loosely from her hips, but the hoodie was long enough to prevent any indecent exposure.

"So..." Roxanne began, noting that the gun was still where they'd found it. "I guess I'll be taking this too." She picked it up, placing it in the hoodie's pocket. "Every man for themselves, and all that jazz..."

"It's no good without any bullets." The one searching the ground pointed out (Marcus).

"There's also no point in leaving it. What if there are no bullets in this room?" Roxanne folded her arms, frowning. "If one of you wants it later, you can have it. But since you three are so kind and honorable, I'm the only one with somewhere to carry the weapon til it becomes useful."

"Coulda had the dress..." One of them mumbled, she wasn't sure which.

"I'm sorry, I'm not really marriage material."

They all fell silent again as they went about their searching. Roxanne decided to pocket the note also, since she wanted to find out more.

"Perhaps we should introduce ourselves, for future reference. I'm Roxanne." She waited for a response from the busy men.

Taking the clothes and gun. Taking the note also for future reference. Leaving the guys to sort out roomy business whilst trying to create some kind of morale.

Weasel Overlord says:
    JIZZ EVERYWHERE

Or i will hog tie you
    and ram you
    with my train

Elite Trainer

Default Re: RESIDENT EVIL Project: Dunlake - BEGIN [LSUs welcome]

Survivors

No amount of looking will yield anything in this office. The floor is empty of bullets, and there is nothing left to pick up but the discarded wedding dress. The desk is freakishly empty, as if someone tidied up after themselves before leaving in a hurry.

Next to the lockers there is a secure door. It has a keyhole, and when you test the handle it swings outwards.

What do you do?

STARS

You walk cautiously into the small room. Moonlight streams through the window, illuminating the motes of dust that are much in evidence. The desk itself is plain; carved legs and a pair of drawers. You rattle the top one but with no luck – it is stuck fast. The bottom one, however, slides open easily, and within there lies an item. Taking it out reveals that it is made of wood, carved in the shape of a vase and painted in rust-red. The paint is chipped off in places. The emblem is flat on the back, and curved on the front.

What do you do?

this is hell

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

Did the dew Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Marcus Venton-Survivor

"Perhaps we should introduce ourselves, for future reference. I'm Roxanne." She waited for a response from the busy men.

Marcus Smiled. He thought for a second, that spoke.

"I'm Marcus Venton. Glad to meet someone who's mouth isn't tapped shut." He said, sticking out his hand to shake, not thinking of the mutation on his palms.(remember?)

Talking and making joke to boost morale and try to get people to speak.
    Last edited by Unbraced; 22nd June 2010 at 10:56 AM.

Elite Trainer

We circled the other side of the table away from the door, moving cautiously and glancing around for any useful items. Nothing caught my eye and Ven seemed too intent on the drawers to notice anything else.

We reached the desk, and once again I stayed back with my gun ready as Ven tried the drawers. The top one wouldn't budge at all, Ven muttering something about it feeling like it was glued shut. The bottom drawer came out much more easily, but as far as I could tell it didn't spring a trap.

Ven reached in and pulled out a small reddish object. "It's some sort of emblem, I think," she said, handing it to me. It was shaped like a vase, with the front rounded out and the back flat. The rustic red paint was chipping slightly in places, revealing the lighter wood underneath.

"Not sure how this could be useful," I said, "but I'd rather take it and not need it than leave it behind and have it be vital to our survival." I tucked it away in my pocket since Ven had taken the key, then gave the room another glance. "I don't think there's anything else of use in here, so let's get back to the main hall."

"Yeah," Ven said, "I'm wondering how the others are, I think I might've heard gunshots earlier."

I smirked. "Are you actually showing a little concern there, Ven?" I taunted jokingly. She responded by simply glaring back at me sideways before turning and moving back towards the door. I followed, once again scanning the room in case we missed anything.

-- Pocketing the emblem in a belt pocket (if it fits, otherwise in a cargo pocket), then circling the room the rest of the way back to the door --

Elite Trainer

A NOTE. When you're doing your posts, please at least make sure you do one action by the end of it. Just talking among yourselves, well, it doesn't further the RPG, and it's sort of lazy, leaving me to RP it for you. Moving on the RPG is vital, otherwise we'll never get anywhere. Weaslor over and out~

Survivors

You talk among yourselves.

What do you do?

STARS

You skirt the edges of the room, keeping an eye out for anything out of place. There is nothing, other than the fact that the entire place could quite easily be the set of a horror film. As well as the door that you came in through, there is also one other door, off to the right of the fireplace. It does not appear to have a keyhole.

What do you do?
    Last edited by Weasel Overlord; 17th June 2010 at 02:21 PM.

this is hell

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

Elite Trainer

We approached the door, not finding anything else useful in the room. "Well, at least we found a key, that should be of some help." Ven put her hand on the door leading back to the main hallway.

"Hold up," I said suddenly, my eye having just caught glimpse of something on the other side of the room. Ven kept her hand on the door handle, but looked in the direction I was. "Is that a door over there?"

Ven focused on the corner, "I think so," she said, "but I didn't notice it earlier. Weird."

"That could be said about this house in general," I said with a small smirk. "We should probably check it out, just to be sure we didn't miss anything."

Ven hesitated, "I don't know, there's probably nothing much over there since it looks like a corner room."

"It could still hold something," I said. Ven still hesitated, so I added, "We'll just try opening the door; if it's locked or the room doesn't look promising, we'll just head back."

Ven sighed, "Fine," and let go of the door. We crossed to the corner and looked at the door.

"No lock, should be open." I said.

"Unless it only locks from the other side, which would mean we can't open it."

"Won't know until we try, right?" I said, and reached to turn the knob. "Your turn to cover me this time," I said with a grin.

-- Examining the door, testing to see if it's locked --

Elite Trainer

STARS

You test the door handle warily. It turns easily, without a sound, which seems oddly out of place among all the other rusty doors and creaking windows. The door opens away from you, and you peer out of it cautiously. It appears to lead to a corridor.

What do you do?

this is hell

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

Elite Trainer

Survivors - Lafitte Demore

Lafitte glanced at the rest of the group. "Lafitte," he murmured an introduction before heading for the door. There was nothing of real value in here, and staying here wasn't going to accomplish anything. He went to the door, opening it. "We should get going."

"Well, somebody's not very talkative," Marcus murmered. Lafitte just ignored him. He knew what happened the last time they stood around and did nothing.

Opening the door.
    Last edited by Mystic_clown; 19th June 2010 at 07:27 PM.