Thread: The Auction [GAME]

I Finnished last Moderator

Talking The Auction [GAME]

Here's a new GGG game I thought of. Hopefully it will be better than some of my other ideas.

Lingo has Lingo plushies, Hangman has Pokemon plushies, Brainstrain has Pokemon figurines. In this game you collect videogame items.

Videogame items such as Master Sword, Mario's P-Wing, Sonic's Power Sneakers, whatever you can think of.

This game is based on Sign-Ups.

Once there are two or more sign-ups, each player is granted from 50 to 70 coins (the total amount of money is given randomly between these numbers to prevent a player winning instantly by making an offer of 50 coins in the beginning) and the first items are put up for auction.

All players are also granted 20 coins every Monday. And on your birthday you get 80 coins as a big present. If I don't remember to give you coins or make a miscalculation, feel free to point out.

Currently, there can be a maximum of ten (10) items put up for auction in the game at a time. This is a subject to change. Each player can put up to three (3) items up for auction at a time. The time limit to sell an item is one week, seven days. You can check this from the time the item was mentioned first in a post. Then the best offer wins the item. You can't place a bid if you don't have the money you're offering at the moment, for instance:

Mario's P-Wing and Sonic's Power Sneakers have been put up for auction. You have 100 coins. You'll have to split them up (for instance 70 coins for P-Wing and 30 coins for the Power Sneakers) if you want to use as much money as possible.

Once you win an item, you can add it to your collection or/and sell it forward later in the game. You are also granted a permission to make up new videogame items and put them up for auction starting from the first Monday after you have joined the game. New videogame items as long as they actually exist in the game world, of course. You can also make one 'imitation' item for each item to sell forward with a cheaper price. However, there can exist only one 'imitaion' item for each item.

If you think the rules need revising, feel free to suggest. If you have something to ask, don't hesitate to contact me.

So.. anyone want to join?

The Auction Game Belongings
    Last edited by Mikachu Yukitatsu; 20th June 2016 at 01:49 PM. Reason: additions

The hair trigger is back! Moderator

Default Re: The Auction [GAME]

Sure, why not?

As a gamer, I definitely will join.

It's too bad we cannot "stun" other bidders like you can in Wind Waker (by making a bid that is at least 10% more than the last bidding price), but nonetheless, this should be plenty of fun.
    Knight of Time

Legend of Zelda fan for life.

Owner of the Zelda Unown Trophy (2011), the Gamer Unown Trophy (2012), the Hangman Trophy (2014), the Have you played this game? Unown Trophy (2015), and the Hard Worker Trophy (2019)

Discord Handle: Knight of Time#4253

Moderator of GGG since April 2, 2020

Thanks for joining, KoT! Using Random.org, I give you... 66 coins!

I don't know why you couldn't 'make a bid that is at least 10% more than the last bidding price' though...

Another player, and we can start. Of course you can also join after the startup!

Rl #32:Enjoy The Little Things Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I'll go for it too if II'm allowed.

Optimist award 2012.

“There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate.” (Linda Grayson)

Thank you everyone... for being so kind and for bringing out the best in me! You are definitely awesome! ^_^

Sure! Welcome to the game, Shadow Wolf! Here you are, 69 coins!

And then the first items up for auction:

Link's Master Sword (price 20 coins)
    Super Mario's Fire Flower (10 coins)

Master Trainer

Ah, Kyle might want to battle for the first one, hehehehe.

Anyway, I'll go with the basic bids for each one:

Oh wait... More than a week has passed. Will the items be put again on auction?

Optimist award 2012.

“There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate.” (Linda Grayson)

Thank you everyone... for being so kind and for bringing out the best in me! You are definitely awesome! ^_^

Oh, that's true...

Well, the items are up again. One week after this post, they will be sold by the highest offer.

Master Sword (price 20 coins)
    Super Mario's Fire Flower (10 coins)

I thought this game was dead already! Nice to see I was wrong.

Alright, I'm gonna bid on both items...25 coins for the Master Sword, and 15 for the Fire Flower. Just because Louis has more coins than me doesn't mean he has an advantage right away.
    Knight of Time

Owner of the Zelda Unown Trophy (2011), the Gamer Unown Trophy (2012), the Hangman Trophy (2014), the Have you played this game? Unown Trophy (2015), and the Hard Worker Trophy (2019)

Master Trainer

That's true Kyle, but we better keep it interesting so...

30 coins for the Master Sword

And 25 coins for the fire flower

Remaining coins: 14

BTW Mikachu, will you participate too or are you just allowed to be the auction master? *curious*

Optimist award 2012.

I'm just the auction master when it comes to Master Sword and Fire Flower at the moment. However, because today's Monday, you both are allowed to put your own items up for auction, and I can place bids on those items.

Also, Monday means that you both get 20 coins extra!

MONEY:
    Knight of Time 86 coins
    Shadow Wolf 89 coins

Okay, I'm raising the stakes.

35 coins for the Master Sword, and 30 for the Fire Flower.
    Knight of Time

Master Trainer

Interesting... Well, let's make it a matter of choice.

40 coins for the fire flower
    40 coins for the Master Sword

Remaining coins: 9 coins

And with that, I ask for permission to put the following items for sale:

1- Pokémon trainer Red's cap (the original one, woth the small black circle a bit to the left). If approved, starting bid: 15 coins

2- Donkey Kong's tie: if approved, starting bid: 10 coins.

BTW Mikachu, if these auctions are approved, who is going to give you the coins to buy? I mean, if you will participate, then you might want to pick up today's 20 coins and the starting set of coins, right?

Oh, and this may be a question with an obvious answer but: After an auction, will we receive our coins back if we do not win an auction? (I.e.: let's say Kyle gets both the sword and the flower. Will I get my 40 coins back? After all, they would not be spent, right? Hope that made sense).
    Last edited by Shadow Wolf; 11th July 2016 at 09:45 PM.

Optimist award 2012.

Random.org gave me only 50 coins! Also, it's already Tuesday here, so I don't think I'm getting the extra.

And you will get your coins back if you don't win.

Both of your items are approved, Shadow Wolf. I'll bid 20 coins for Pokemon Trainer Red's Cap and 15 coins for Donkey Kong's Tie.

I see I'm going to have to fight fire with fire, so...

50 coins for the Master Sword, and 35 for Donkey Kong's tie.

On a side note, is it possible to lower the bid on any item in order to bid on all four items here? I'm very curious.
    Knight of Time

Master Trainer

Kyle: I may need confirmation from Mikachu, but if I'm correct, you may have to revise your bidding, for you see, your balance is 86 coins and if you were to confirm those bids, your balance would be negative. Let me go into detail:

Total balance: 86 coins

Master Sword bid: 50 coins
    Fire flower bid: 30 coins
    Donkey Kong's tie: 35 coins

Total bids: 115 coins

Once again, I may need confirmation from Mikachu on this one, so until then, I will refrain from confirming the bids.

Results:

Items on auction sale (highest bid displayed)

Pokemon Trainer Red's cap: 20 coins (by Mikachu)

Donkey Kong's tie: 15 coins (by Mikachu)

_________

Shadow Wolf's bids:

Master Sword: 40 coins
    Fire Flower: 40 coins

Remaining coins: 9 coins
    Last edited by Shadow Wolf; 16th July 2016 at 05:20 PM.

Optimist award 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Time View Post
    On a side note, is it possible to lower the bid on any item in order to bid on all four items here? I'm very curious.
    If someone else has exceeded your bid, you can abandon the item in question if you wish. If that doesn't make sense, constructive criticism is welcomed. The game is quite new and open to changes.

Kyle seems to win Donkey Kong's tie since I can't raise my bid. But he must give up with Fire Flower because both of these conditions are met 1) He didn't mention it after Shadow Wolf's post where he raised the bid 2) Kyle doesn't have enough coins at the moment.

Sorry guys...when I made my last two bids, I decided to not bid on the Fire Flower anymore...are we allowed to forfeit bidding on one item if a new one appears?
    Knight of Time

No worries, of course you can forfeit bidding an item as long as someone else has exceeded your last bid.

One week's passed, Kyle wins Master Sword for 50 coins and Shadow Wolf Fire Flower for 40 coins!

Two new items appear:

Cloud's Buster Sword from Final Fantasy VII (15 coins)
    Sonic's Power Sneakers (15 coins)

Money:

Knight of Time 36 coins
    Shadow Wolf 49 coins

EDIT: It seems I won Pokemon Trainer Red's Cap. Also, Monday salary time!

Money:

Knight of Time 56 coins
    Shadow Wolf 69 coins
    Mikachu Yukitatsu 50 coins

EDIT2: Just noticed that the coins used in the bid that won should also go somewhere. And that Kyle won Donkey Kong's Tie for 35 coins.

Money:

Knight of Time 21 coins
    Shadow Wolf 124 coins
    Mikachu Yukitatsu 140 coins
    Last edited by Mikachu Yukitatsu; 19th July 2016 at 10:01 AM.