Quote Originally Posted by Silv
I actually thought Billy's voice was the best part of it all. The thing is, it DOES fit. I try to picture other singers, any singer I know of, singing that song, and it would just be killed. Billy Corgan doesn't have a typical voice. It's neither deep, nor whiny. Vibrant, nor dull. It's just Billy Corgan. Songs like that, by the Smashing Pumpkins, could never be covered, because his voice is too trademark. I try to picture some of my favorite singers...David Bowie, Thom Yorke, Matthew Bellamy, Trent Reznor, Robert Smith, singing this song. It just wouldn't work. Not because they're better or worse, but because they wouldn't fit.

Meh...just my personal preference. Billy Corgan isn't known for having a beloved voice, but it's different without sounding ridiculus, like say, that freak from Coheed and Cambria (seriously, what is up with that guy's voice?). And I'd take his voice any day over those typical lead-singer whiny voices from Simply Plan, Brand New, Blink 182 or Story of the Year. Now THEY make my ears bleed.
Good taste in music dude. NIN, Muse, Radiohead, and Bowie are all some of my favorite artists. The Cure and The Smashing Pumpkins are great, too. Don't diss Brand New or Coheed and Cambria, though. They actually have talent. They definitely don't belong with the others.[/offtopic]

If a song isn't "musically sound", I'm probably not going to listen to it. Why listen to music that doesn't have a diverse sound. It should have at least Guitar, Drums, Bass, and Vocals, and keyboards and piano are practically essential, too. I guess I would have to go with Motion Picture Soundtrack by Radiohead. The organ and harp and everything else just sounds great together.