Thread: The good times and the bad...

Threaded View

for all seasons Moderator

Default The good times and the bad...

Isn't it funny? Since stumbling upon a miniature guide for Red & Blue I found attached to a larger gaming magazine back in 1998, I've been a fan of Pokemon. And though it'll never hold that magic grasp it had on me way back then, I remember with fondness the days when it did.

That being said, I'd like to hear what everyone's best and worst memories were as a Pokefan!

High Points...
    Back in the days when it was cool to be a fan and all the kids were into it, heading to the shopping mall and standing in that massive line back in 1999 to collect my very own Mew was something special. One of those Mews went on to a prosperous career as one of the members of my Yellow team. Think it's level 98 now. The other would wallow in mediocrity on my Blue version, where I reduced it to an HM slave. Pretty crappy decision.

The absolutely brilliant days when I was writing up my own Poke-fanfiction, back before I even knew what fanfiction was - the first where my friends and I got turned into Pokemon (the premise was simple. We were talking about how much we liked Pokemon and one of my friends was like 'I wish we were Pokemon...' - and then we were. lmao). In retrospect, I think my self-portrait wasn't as badass as it should have been. I was a Vulpix, for one thing. The fic I wrote next was a few different friends and I, except we were trainers instead of Pogeys. I famously stole an entire battle from this story and planted it in Minty Thrill, slightly updated and brushed up.

Pokemon fan sites were so exciting back in the day. I can't remember the exact name of the site I frequented in the earliest days, something like the Pokemon Centre or some such... One site I found of course led me to where I am today - some eight years and 2,386 posts later...

Low Points...
    Probably back in year 8ish when a bunch of pricks stole some of my cards. I mean, what the hell man, they were year 11 or something and I was just a kid - they looked through 'em, passed 'em between each other, and by the time I had them back, I was without most of the new Jungle series cards mom had sent me. Hopefully karma has paid them back some by now.

Another low point for me was the embarrassment I felt during the climactic scene in the first Pokemon movie where Ash is turned to stone and everyone... cries. I mean, dude. I was embarrassed to be there.
    Last edited by DragoKnight; 23rd February 2009 at 07:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
    Tony is gay for little Snorlax.

Watch my YouTube to support my drug habit