Thread: * A realistic daring proposal by April 2009 [Immediate Attention]

Threaded View

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default * A realistic daring proposal by April 2009 [Immediate Attention]

Okay that does it! I am frustrated by our board's condition. The forum is practically dead and lack of activities and members have drastically dropped from Day 1. Many ideas have been put forward, moderators renewed but nothing seems to have improve the situation. We are at a dead end. So unless we do something drastic, we will not reach the attendance mark that we have during Pokemasters' heydays.

As for the past few days, I have been speaking to several of our administrators and super moderators. Most of them have given me the go ahead approval. In order to pull in the crowds, I have decided that we will need to put up a scanlation group for hentai mangas. At the current moment, there is a huge demand for those in the market. I am no stranger to the scanlation online community since I have been one myself for one month already. That would also probably answered my lack of activity here too. XD

Okay but sticking back to this topic, I have put up a list of job positions that a basic scanlation group should have.

Translator: Dark-san
    Proofreader: mr_pikachu? / RedStarWarrior/ Weasel Overlord?
    Typesetter: Hypotenuse Man?
    Cleaner: Roy Karrde/ Weasel Overlord?
    Quality Control:
    Distribution: Jeff

For the description of each job, please click here. Credits to scum scans for simplifying the job scope and responsibilities for me. ^.^

I decided that we will do 'Door of Fascination' for our first series. I have gotten hold of the Mandarin raws from a Chinese fansubber group. We will continue from Chapter 1 onwards. Hopefully we would do one release per week and finished up the entire 8 chapters eventually.

I am not sure of who else would want to take up the other two positions. If you have interest, do post in this topic or pm me. I will teach you and you should be able to get this up and running in no time. Or if you are an experienced scanlator, I will definitely welcome you with open arms. If no one wants to take it up, I will be approaching my contacts within the scanlation community or to the rest of TPM and sees if anyone wants to take it up.

Also, I am open to all suggestions as to what other genres and titles that we can take in. I have already promised Roy that our second release would be a Loli one-shot manga but that would take some time as the raw is Japanese. And we would need a J->E translator for that. Kirst did pm me for us to take up a Yaoi title but I would prefer a wait and see. If releasing yaoi mangas will attract chicks into this board, I do not mind sacrificing my eyes for it. ^.^

For anyone who wishes to talk to me in private about this issue, you can contact me via MSN or AIM. I will always available to talk to you about it.
    Last edited by Dark-San; 20th March 2009 at 03:02 AM. Reason: Added in link for the title/ Edited the staffs' name