Thread: Dragon Tamers Information Center (OOC thread)

Threaded View

Dragon Tamer Administrator
    Administrator
    34.625 S, 58.50595 W (Buenos Aires, Argentina)

Lightbulb Dragon Tamers Information Center (OOC thread)

For everything you'd like to know (or let us know) about the storyline. You may post your questions here, and if you introduce something in your stories and would like everyone to know about it, you can also post it here.

I'll start by quoting the introduction post.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Vulpix View Post
    The story takes place mostly in Sector Alpha, Caledor, Ulthuan, although some of the scenarios take us to other places. (For those who have played Warhammer, this is not the same Ulthuan, we just share the map and the names due to an unfortunate decision of one of the founders).

Pokemon trainers are common in Ulthuan but, unlike other regions, it's a lot more common to see pokemon walking/flying/swimming by their trainers' side or even on their own than stored in pokeballs. Pokeballs are generally used for transportation or to preserve sick or injured pokemon until they can be healed.

Many trainers tend to develop a connection with their own pokemon and it's not very rare for a trainer to learn to understand their speech (it is, however, VERY rare for a trainer to easily understand a pokemon he or she doesn't know very well, even if it's the same species as one of his/her own). However there are those who have a harder time understanding their pokemon, and there are also many who refuse to acknowledge pokemon as sentient beings and, for that reason, they're completely unable to understand them.

It is also very rare for anyone below 15 years of age to obtain a trainer's license (about as rare as non-humans being given such a license. There have been a few cases.)

I could speak at lengths about the history, culture, geography and other aspects of Ulthuan, but I wouldn't like people to go "tl;dr", so I'll focus on Sector Alpha, the capital of Caledor (I can give you information about any place in Ulthuan if you ask). Sector Alpha is a cosmopolite and multi-cultural city, with an architacture which combines modern buildings with what's left of ancient castles and fortresses. It resembles most typical European cities. It has everything you'd expect to find in such a place, and it is also the main base of operations of two organizations which play a key role in the game.

1. The Dragon Tamers: you'll probably be in this group if you join, although no one will force you. They started out as a branch of the Dragon's Guild (see below) but have since become mostly independent (the main authorities are Guild members, but they'll stick with the DT if they have to choose between the two). The Dragon Tamers run the main Adoption Center in Caledor, as well as a store named the Reward Center. They also hand out trainer's licenses and organize a variety of activities for pokemon and trainers, and they are tasked with protecting pokemon from abuse. However, during the last few years they've had to spend about half their time protecting their homeland from various threats and, due to the efectiveness of (most of) their actions, they have been given authorization to operate all across Ulthuan in times of crisis.

2. The Dragon's Guild: a very old, powerful, deep-rooted, mysterious and complex organizations. So mysterious complex that no one seems to know who's really runnung it these days, ever since it's last known leader Scott Mc Henry went missing several years ago. However, that doesn't stop them from participating in most of the activities that take place in Ulthuan. It has several branches, but the two which have the most direct contact with the Dragon Tamers (and either of which you may join if you wish) are the "Pokemon Research and Training Department" and the "Mercenary Trainers Union". Ask me if you'd like to know more about them.
    For more information, check the Dragon's Guild and Dragon Tamers site.

Since Tsuyoi's Lair is gone, I may move the Dragon's Guild topic to this forum if people are interested. The aim of that topic [is/was/may again be] for Guild members to conduct their meetings.
    Last edited by Lady Vulpix; 11th August 2012 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Fixed a couple of typos.

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),
    Everyone wins (2011), Tea, World traveler (2012), Busy, Patient (2013),
    Durga, Firefox, Twenty Thousand Hidden Posts (2014), Helpful (2015),
    Active, Discord, Letter, Unown Awards 2019 (2019).

Don't forget to visit the Dragon's Guild and Dragon Tamers site.
    ✭Ask me about AC/CC. Adopt a pokemon and Join!✭