@mattbcl,

The popularity of an original work on this site is something that troubles me. Even if I were to put it up (It’s called ‘Mischief), I have no way of knowing if people would read it, and I’m not sure if the lack-of-responses issue has been somewhat resolved yet (as in, if people are actually responding to really anything besides the really popular fics, this is nothing against the more popular fics, I’ve one wrote before, but ones that don’t fit whatever fanfic deems popular seem overshadowed or lost). It’s really discouraging to work hard on something and then to get, literally nothing.

To be honest, I have asked and gotten people to read the prologue. They’re interested, and a few have asked me for the rest of it. They’ve told me if I put it on TPM, they would reply and give me their opinions and insight, which would be really nice. The main reason I want to put it on here is to actually get advice from people on what could be improved and such.

I’ve had a few things of mine stolen before, it wasn’t big things, and it was a fanfic material. I’m worried that if I did put it up, someone might take it. I don’t think anyone on TPM would, but people who browse this site, and it’s those unnamed stalkers I fear as thieves. Admittedly I’ve also have friends write fanfics off of my own ideas as well, of course, they asked and they told me whether or not they had the intention to put it on whatever site they fancied.

Do you want to read it? XD *shameless whoring*

@Lady_Vulpix,

That was my plan, but now mr_pikachu has kinda put me off the idea. I would love to put up what I have and get opinions, but if I’d have to delete it all and remove it, what’s the point? I could as easily just email it to people who have agreed to read it and get their opinions their way, and I wouldn’t have to run around the internet, deleting it if I’d like to get it published, which I would. I quite like the world and the characters I’ve developed.

@mr_pikachu,

I have the same problem with momentum. I have only let a couple of people view the prologue, wanting to keep the rest of it a secret. But now that it’s actually growing, I want feedback. Not having it seems to stifle whatever inspiration I have some days.

See I remember bits and pieces of the discussion, and I recall that point was made. It’s a bit unfair really, the internet is such a source of freedom and opinion, but you can’t really use it to get what you want. I can ask some of my IRL friends for their feedback, but I don’t really get anything truly substantial. I love hearing ‘I like it!’ don’t get me wrong, but it’s not always what I’m looking for.

[/end ramble] o: