Thread: ASB News [December 2016]

Hybrid View

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: ASB News: Update 26th July

News Update

Just a quick one; there isn't really much news to report.

The ASB Tournament

The finals are winding down and both Hypotenuse Man and Andrew are duking it out for first prize! As mentioned in July, the Information Topic will house the prize handouts. First, Second and Third will recieve points and a trophy.

View the Finals!

Contest Corner

The Grand Festival is moving along to the semi-finals. Links to the matches are found in the Information Topic. Cheer for me. Go on!

The September Contest is in its final stages (albeit slightly late): Ace VS Andrew.

Meanwhile, in The October Contest we have Saffire Persian facing off against Elec Man EXE for the October Ribbon!

If anybody can/will judge the November Contest please let me know, a break would be nice! Any suggestions for ways to do the contest also please PM me. The request sheet is here

The Tiny What?

It’s still around. Things are going slow though…

Information Thread

Safari Zone

Expect it very soon!

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*
    Posted September 22nd, 2013

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: ASB News: Update 23rd November

Update

So the forum has been revamped and as a result some more recent posts of your matches may have gone. Refs if you have backups please post them; otherwise we'll simply be treading old water.

Check your battles and see what or how much has been deleted; of course now you may be the one whose turn it is to post and you may not realize so please check.

We're sorting everything out (including randomly reposting towers -_-) and we'll keep you posted.

Thanks.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ

So most people are aware now that a lot of posts have gone. Refs - your work may have been deleted and I know you put a lot of thought and consideration into your reffings. Battlers, those last few rounds wherein victory was in your grasp have gone and you are hurtled back to a slightly earlier part of your match. And, for some of us lucky ones, those really unlucky rounds have left us forever and we might get lucky next time.

But I have to stress the fact that unless we try to work back to where we were, this forum is going to wheeze and clatter its way to some sort of forum cemetary.

I know its frustrating but we need to sort it out. I myself have been seen posting with things like "We've lost 4 rounds!" and "oh god the match has dissapeared!" but we should try and get things back to normal.

Otherwise, people are too pissed off because their matches have regressed, people won't reply and all threads will drift back into the pages of our forums history.

So if you're a ref - please try and get back on track; please don't be put off by the fact some of your work is lost.

Battlers, the same applies. If you're strategy paid off, or the dice worked in your favour, please try and put that behind you and make sure the match can progress. Check your matches to see if it's your turn to attack.

Thanks guys!

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: ASB News: IMPORTANT UPDATE

Ok so Razor Leaf is leaving us. That means that a lot will change around here. Dan has been a great mod - I doubt anyone [sans Rapamon2, Her089 and Rapamon3] could disagree.

Before we begin the next tournament, we are holding an auction during the next week or so for his Pokemon. He has agreed to put them up for bid, and the proceeds will be a presumably large prize for the Tourney.

At the moment it looks like we're doing the Random Tourney. Look for signups in about a fortnight.

Furthermore we have the Safari Zone being launched. Look out for rare artefacts or hidden items to redeem for points or other things!

This is a very brief news post, I am sorry.

We will not be looking to replace Dan as a Moderator.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: ASB News: Updated 17th January

ASB NEWS

He’s Gone, He’s Gone Oh My…

Moderator Razor Leaf has hung up his moderating boots in ASB. He will be missed! His team was auctioned off in Business & Tournaments and raised a hellofalot of points! The Auction is still going on now, but it is winding down. If there is anything you want to put up do it now so we can start the Random Tourney!

The raised money from the Auction will go to the Prize Money of the Tournament.

So Dan, good luck in everything and thanks for all you did in ASB! We’ll miss you!

BT STREET
    Contests, Tourneys and other related news

The Random Tourney

Will kick off shortly. Rules, regulations etc all will soon be put up once we finish the Auction, which is a few short days away!

The 1ST ASB Tourney

Finally finished. Phew.

The Grand Festival

Finals are now up: Elec Man VS Chris 2.0! It’s going to be a great match. The Grand Festival has been a big success so we will hopefully host the second Grand Festival this summer!

The Tiny Tourney

Finals are up too. Yay.

Contests

We have had a string of successful contests in ASB. Andrew is still yet to win one! River became the first Coordinator to win two contests (well done you). The February Contest is being held at the moment and is looking good!

Look out for a very unique contest in March hosted by yours truly! We’re going to do some never-before-seen elements which should be quite fun!

Attack List Better?

Hopefully in ASB we are going to be ‘revamping’ the Attack List Beta to make it…well, Better. As all of you will have no doubt experienced there is some confusion over attacks as the RSE attacks were done before sufficient information on those attacks was available.

So ALL attacks will be given a polish over. There will be nothing drastic, but any fog shall be cleared and every tweak shall be tweaked. This will probably also be incorporated into the Diamond and Pearl attacks when they are released.

The Safari Zone

We may have been promising it for too long now but I kid you not when I tell you the Safari Zone is in its final stages of completion and should be introduced in March. Becca, TBA and I are just finalizing all the little things.

It is set around some fictional locations some of you may recognize and there are some sneaky secrets you might stumble across if you know where to look! Keep your eyes open for some very rare and very strong Pokemon lurking in the depths of the Safari Zone!

See you next time!

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: ASB News: Updated 20th February

ASB NEWS

Welcome to the March/April edition of ASB News. We've got all the information on the Safari Zone (with some nice little secrets inside) and we'll also be giving you the latest updates on whats happening in ASB!

From now on we are allowing replies to news so, please leave feedback and comments!

The Safari Zone

It has launched and to great sucess! Thank you refs for doing a fantastic job so far! I have recieved overwhelmingly posetive feedback from members and I am very happy with the way things are going!

If you're ever visiting Trolgar Mountain, see what awaits you up at the very top of the mountain! I guarentee secrets and surprises sit atop the mysterious climbing space. Lots of wild Pokemon of all species!

Or if you take an electric or steel type to Tranquil Shores you might have a better chance of finding treasure buried deep in the sand!

Furthermore in relation to the opening of the Safari Zone a number of people have unearthed Diamonds. We ask that you keep hold of them for now, and assure you all will be explained soon!

Gym 'Leaders'

We are currently looking to replace 2 of our Gym Leaders with new ones, namely Razor Leaf and Aragornbird. We have people in mind but we as mods are going to just weigh up pros and cons of the candidates before we make a final decision.

New rules may also be in place on Gym Battles to help them move along quicker. At present the minimum Pokemon used is 3 for a Gym Match. This may change.

BT Street
    Contests, Tourneys and other related news

The Random Tourney
    It has begun! At present we have 5 matches up and it looks set to be a successful tourney! Refs please try and be prompt and, if you can, prioritise these matches since the tournament needs to run smoothly!

The other matches will be put up soon as well.

Legendary Tournament?

In the summer we may be implementing a Legendary Tournament! A simple set-up involving the legendary Pokemon of the world would surely be an exciting idea. Obviously species, rules and regulations would need to be sorted but we can expect them to crop up during discussions!

Contests etc all

February is drawing to a close. Thanks River!

March is also drawing to a close, with Andrew VS Weasel Overlord. For March we had a different setup: the Round 2 entrants were paired up and had to work together to make a double appeal! The best pair faced each other for the finals.

Did you like the setup? Should we use it again sometime?

As for April Andrew is hosting it again so expect 100% honesty! Unlimited signups were implemented which turned out to be quite a useful idea that we will definitely consider for all future contests.

Expect the Grand Festival to launch on July 1st like last year! (I hope we can finish this years one before then!!)

D/P Attacks

I am almost done on working the D/P attacks into our Attack List Beta. These attacks will be quite straightforward, but as part of the Attack List Better scheme we are introducing, all RBY, GSC and RSE attacks will be revamped. We will be using this as a chance to change the way some attacks work, the way you can manipulate attacks (ie: Rock Slide but instead of rocks use chairs).

We are going to be much more in-depth with the attacks, helping you as a battler and ref understand to what extent they can be used so there are as few questions as possible. However due to the ambiguity of D/P, the attack descriptions will be as basic as the current ones. This will change over time.

I also suggest you start looking at Pokedexes (I reccomend Serebii's) to help you learn the new attacks.

Thank you!

Thanks for reading this. Do leave any comments below and let us know if there is anything else we can do!

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: ASB News: Updated April 3rd

UPDATE

NEW GYM LEADERS

Razor Leaf is no longer an official Gym Leader. We have an additional four new Gym Leaders in ASB:

MeLoveGhosts

River

Elec Man EXE

Saffire Persian

These four will be adding their arenas and badges to the Gym Leader tower. Once ALL FOUR are up you may challange a particular Gym Leader.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*