Thread: Replace the Battery in your Game Cartridge! **56k warning**

Hybrid View

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Default Re: Replace the Battery in your Game Cartridge! **56k warning**

Hey, I'm sorry for bumping a thread that is this old, and I understand how annoying it must be to some of you, AND I know Master Kirby hasn't been active since last March....but I want to say how awesome this post is. I found a spare battery in my room and with my dad's help, fixed my Pokemon Gold cartridge. I'm on my way to getting the hang of the game again, and it's thanks to you. THANK YOU!!!!!

Default Re: Replace the Battery in your Game Cartridge! **56k warning**

Hi thatonekid393, Thanks for letting me know that this thread has been a help. I'm glad to see people get back into the originals (pre-Advanced generations) again. Even though the newer games have better graphics, there is something nostalgic about RBY & GSC where there were less than 300 species. With recent generations, it seems as if Nintendo just wanted to add a lot of new kinds of Pokemon just because they were making a new game. I think if they reworked the gameplay using the same original Pokemon, there could be more improvement than just adding new species to every new game. (I guess this is why I haven't played any of the DS games. I'm afraid it will just be a rehashing of the same old thing. Maybe I'l play some remakes first: http://rijon.nintendo-net.com/brown.html)

You are probably right about me being inactive for a long time. Since moving last year, I do not have internet access at home and access to the Pokemasters forum (along with many other gaming sites) is blocked at work, so it takes more effort to go to the library or another location where it isn't blocked. I still have my preferences set up to email me whenever someone posts in one of my topics, so I will know if there are any responses.

If you like this kind of videogame modification thing, you might be interested in looking around the Benheck.com forums. I have posted my GBA overclocking guide in the Handhelds section, and you could also find many other (often much more complicated) video game related projects. (This should not be considered advertising since it is not a competing Pokemon Forum.)
    http://forums.benheck.com/viewforum.php?f=22
    Have an old pokemon cartridge laying around collecting dust?

Join the Pokemon RBY Speedrun
    or
    GSC Speed Completion Challenge

How fast can you beat the game?

If your game can't save anymore, replace it's battery!