Thread: where are you at in your heart gold/soul silver playthrough?

Hybrid View

Cloyster Moderator

Default Re: where are you at in your heart gold/soul silver playthrough?

As I understand it, that ability that Tyrogue has determines the ability it'll have as a Hitmonchan. In this case, you want Steadfast, because a Tyroge with Steadfast will have Iron Fist after evolving.
    Winner of the Unown Awards: 2008 "Hard Work", 2010 "Dedicated", 2012 "Journalist", 2012 "Unown", 2013 "Anchorman", 2014 "Unown", 2015 "Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff!"

Facebook - YouTube - Miiverse
    Diamond: 1418 3196 1413 - SoulSilver: 0217 4582 5426 - White: 1119 9535 7054 - White 2: 1421 4560 4887 - X: same as 3DS
    3DS: 3866 8018 5231 - AIM: IslanderJeff02
    Joined November 8, 2004 - Modded October 24, 2008

Pokemon Heroine Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: where are you at in your heart gold/soul silver playthrough?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    As I understand it, that ability that Tyrogue has determines the ability it'll have as a Hitmonchan. In this case, you want Steadfast, because a Tyroge with Steadfast will have Iron Fist after evolving.
    Really?

Thanks!

Anyhow, since I don't have Waterfall (grr), it looks like it'll be awhile before I can even get him in the first place. So I moved on to Mahogany Town, caught the Red Gyarados at the Lake of Rage, and am currently going through the Rocket Hideout.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of Time View Post
    Well, I'm a bit further in HG, while taking a break from going after the eighth badge, I went onto Route 38 with my Frisk Stantler, scouting for some wild Pokemon with held items.

Anyway, earlier today I caught a Magnemite holding a Metal Coat, then I eventually found and caught a Farfetch'd holding a Stick (just to have one with its rather rare item), and then, I found a Raticate I found was holding a Chilan Berry. But that's not all...the Raticate was found to be shiny! So I caught that one too, but being as I already have a Raticate, I'm at a bit of a crossroads, what to do when you have a Pokemon raised from its first form, and you end up finding a shiny of the final form at a level lower than the level it'd normally evolve at? The shiny Raticate I caught is at L16, of course.
    Well personally, I'd keep them both.

Oh, and congrats on being so lucky!

Quote Originally Posted by {DvT}JonahHex's Signature (Epic Games Forums)
    As gamers, playing games is our second-most favorite hobby. Our most favorite is, of course, complaining about games.
    Wondering Where I Got the Pics in My Avatar From?

Signature © 2010 Starry Might. All Rights Reserved.