Thread: Who else loves Voltorb Flip?

Hybrid View

Ultimate Virtual Pokémon Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: Who else loves Voltorb Flip?

Blademaster's post is nicely spot on.

I have a history with a game similar to this, a logic puzzle called Battleships (similar to the "You sunk my Battleship" game but with the numbers along the edges that help you deduce the locations of the various ships), so I transitioned to Voltorb Flip fairly easily. There's visceral excitement in seeing "0;5" for a row or column...

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff
    Sometimes, you have to make a random guess, and if you get it wrong, you can easily drop back to level 1. I don't have a problem with it dropping you 2 or 3 levels at a time for royally screwing up, but going all the way from, say, 6 to 1 is overkill.
    Agreed, but there's a way around that. If you choose to Quit your current game partway through, you'll receive any coins you've earned so far and you won't drop any levels. ...well...normally you won't...I recently hit a run of bad luck, had to Quit five Level-5 games in a row, and the game apparently got sick of me wimping out because it kicked me back to Level 1 on the fifth Quit game.

/added later/ Oh, by the way.
    Whoever programmed that "Is this what you're expecting!?" moment in there was a sadist and a terrible person.
    Just sayin'.
    Last edited by Poryhedron; 17th August 2010 at 07:40 PM.

Poryhedron's Monotype Challenges
    Winner of the 2007 Pokéhelper Unown Award! Glad I could be of help!
    Pokémon GO: Level 37, Team Mystic

i ♥ f a n f i c f o r u m Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: Who else loves Voltorb Flip?

Quote Originally Posted by Poryhedron View Post

/added later/ Oh, by the way.
    Whoever programmed that "Is this what you're expecting!?" moment in there was a sadist and a terrible person.
    Just sayin'.
    oh lololololol this made me laugh so much. It's like every time that happens, I freeze up. HOW DOES IT KNOW that i've just made a really risky / important move? EVERY TIME!!!

♥ Funeral for a Friend . Opeth . Faith No More . Dream Theater ♥
    Unown ! Award (2008) for Amazing Comback!
    Unown S Award (2009) for Smile
    2009 Silver Pencils:
    Best Poem (All I Can Say About You) | Best Plot Twist (Full Moon) | Best Contributor | Queen of Fanfic | TPM Addict

Quote Originally Posted by shazza View Post
    Mt. Moon gives me that similar feeling I used to get when I would wake up first thing in the morning as an 11/12 year old and get excited about browsing TPM.