Thread: Pokemon X and Y Patch Version 1.2 Released

Version 1.2 has been released for Pokémon X and Y and is available from the eShop. This patch is required to use the Internet features of Pokemon X and Y as of December 12th, 2013. This patch fixes the exploits which allowed players to see Pokémon data being transmitted during wireless communication.

Update Details:

• Fixes an occasional bug causing Pokémon not to learn new moves after evolving through Wonder Trade.

• Fixes an occasional bug where certain captions for Trainer PR Videos were not unlocked in Lumiose City.

• Updates an Internet communication issue.

• Includes Version 1.1 from October 25 in case you haven't applied that update yet.

How To Apply The Update:

1. Perform a system update to ensure that you have the most up-to-date version

2. Scan one of the QR Code patterns below using a Nintendo 3DS system while connected to the internet.

• The update data for Pokémon X differs from that of Pokémon Y, so make sure you scan the QR Code for the version of the game you own.

• Alternatively, starting Nintendo eShop on a Nintendo 3DS system that is displaying Pokémon X or Pokémon Y on the HOME Menu will show a list of software with update data available, from which you can select and download the update data.

3. Select the Pokémon X: Update or the Pokémon Y: Update and download it. Once the download is complete, the update will automatically be applied.

• The update data will be saved on the SD Card inserted in your Nintendo 3DS system.

4. Start Pokémon X or Pokémon Y and check that it has been updated correctly. If the version number shown is 1.2, as in the image below, the update has been successful.

• Software bought after the update data distribution date may not display the version number of 1.2. In such cases, the update data must be downloaded and applied.pokemon_xy_v1.2

Click here to view the article.

Have a news story to feature on our Main Site? PM us here with the story.

Cloyster Moderator

Default Re: Pokemon X and Y Patch Version 1.2 Released

And it still doesn't turn on 3D in all areas. Unlike every other 3DS game ever.
    Winner of the Unown Awards: 2008 "Hard Work", 2010 "Dedicated", 2012 "Journalist", 2012 "Unown", 2013 "Anchorman", 2014 "Unown", 2015 "Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff!"

Facebook - YouTube - Miiverse
    Diamond: 1418 3196 1413 - SoulSilver: 0217 4582 5426 - White: 1119 9535 7054 - White 2: 1421 4560 4887 - X: same as 3DS
    3DS: 3866 8018 5231 - AIM: IslanderJeff02
    Joined November 8, 2004 - Modded October 24, 2008

RPG Dyke's Bitch Moderator

Having played a couple of games that are completely in 3D, I'm glad Pokemon isn't. It hurts eyes! And tbh, it doesn't add anything to the gameplay most of the time.

Tales of the Abyss specifically. I just didn't see the point.

X-rated since April 2012!

Weasel Overlord says:
    JIZZ EVERYWHERE

Crystal Tears: Shut. Up.
    Or i will hog tie you
    and ram you
    with my train

The real Shonta Moderator

I love the 3D aspect, especially during the cutscenes. Kinda wonder what Lumiose City would be like with it. Or the pictures you take in front of the landmarks.
    Random Quote:
    "Well-behaved women seldom make history." ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

My XBox Live gamertag is gleameyes26. Feel free to add me!

Vote for your favorite fanmade video game lyricshere!

Cloyster Moderator

Yeah, same here. One of the things I said when I first saw some screenshots of X and Y was that I can't wait to see this in 3D.

My eyes are used to the 3D so it doesn't give me any headaches, but switching between 2D and 3D does. This was probably the first 3DS game where I've actually felt the need to turn the 3D off for that very reason.
    Winner of the Unown Awards: 2008 "Hard Work", 2010 "Dedicated", 2012 "Journalist", 2012 "Unown", 2013 "Anchorman", 2014 "Unown", 2015 "Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff!"

Facebook - YouTube - Miiverse
    Diamond: 1418 3196 1413 - SoulSilver: 0217 4582 5426 - White: 1119 9535 7054 - White 2: 1421 4560 4887 - X: same as 3DS
    3DS: 3866 8018 5231 - AIM: IslanderJeff02
    Joined November 8, 2004 - Modded October 24, 2008