Hello! Yes, Ohio really has been leading the way here - St. Louis followed suit immediately. As of Sunday night, all gatherings of 50+ folks have been banned for eight weeks. USA Rugby has pulled the plug on all activities, sanctioned or not, and my gym is closed - which impacts the bulk of my life outside of work. Most weeks between now and June, I have practice at least two weeknights, go to the gym 5-6 times, travel out on Friday for a Saturday match, and come back Sunday. My work calendar still has all these rugby-related appointments and matches, and it hurts my heart a bit to delete them.

In a major, relevant corollary, St. Louis Pokemon GO Fest has been indefinitely postponed. This was to be my first GO Fest, having been unable to score tickets for the Chicago ones (despite living there then). This is a major blow to the city, since Niantic was bringing in truckloads of money to host the event. Also, my little PoGO community put together such a great drone-shot video to sell St. Louis to Niantic. For those of us who keep our tickets, we are supposed to have the opportunity to do the tasks on Friday 3/27 anyway. But what sucks is that we just might find ourselves in lockdown at this rate--even though we have hardly any cases in all Missouri--so I wouldn't be able to go out and do the special research anyway. As an extrovert, this is driving me insane.

We have two home-state girls on this season of RuPaul's Drag Race. Of course, watch parties are indefinitely postponed, and I don't have cable so will have to find a "creative" way to watch it. I could go to a buddy's house or something, but unfortunately, I'm also on day three of quarantine because...

...I had left for a bear event (if you know, you KNOW) earlier in the week, prior to everything going out of control. We went to bed on Thursday night under the impression that everything was hectic but fine, and by Friday morning, everything was cancelled and everyone went home. It was a wild transition, from "this disease isn't even here yet" to "everyone take shelter in place." It felt dizzyingly wild and dangerous to be out in the world for the following two day, but the fact was I wasn't going to chance going to a packed airport during what was now known to be a present threat. I mostly just stayed in the hotel, didn't even use the gym or anything, and played my Switch until I left to a delightfully empty airport. The two positives from that were that I didn't spend nearly as much money as I'd planned, and at least the money I did spend went to charity.

I work from home already - I'm remote staff - but all travel is indefinitely cancelled. My partner is also now working from home until April 6th. His birthday is the 5th and we were joking about how it's been ages since our birthdays fell on a weekend and what we could do to celebrate. He's a foodie so I'll probably just spend all weekend making a great meal, and order something via Amazon for a gift. In the meantime, we'll try not to get in each other's hair...