Thread: Your Pokémon memories

Hybrid View

Modding GD for 20+ years Moderator

Default Re: Your Pokémon memories

Back in 2000 there was a big Pokémon event in Vienna, Austria and I participated. It was an eight round KO event with 256 participants. I was by far the oldest one entrant (most others being young kids with their parents), and I made it to the finals where a 14 or so year old demolished me. The final was in front of a big crowd in front of the city hall. The winner got a Gameboy Color, I got a cap and shirt. I don't have those anymore, but it's still a nice memory. A friend of mine who had also taken part, still has his entry number from back then.
    Austrian ViceMaster Alex

Winner of the 2014 UnownN award.
    Winner of the 2015 UnownW award.

Nifty darn comics

Contact me on Steam, userhandle: avma
    Follow me on Twitter: ClarityFV

Quote Originally Posted by Austrian ViceMaster Alex View Post
    Back in 2000 there was a big Pokémon event in Vienna, Austria and I participated. It was an eight round KO event with 256 participants. I was by far the oldest one entrant (most others being young kids with their parents), and I made it to the finals where a 14 or so year old demolished me. The final was in front of a big crowd in front of the city hall. The winner got a Gameboy Color, I got a cap and shirt. I don't have those anymore, but it's still a nice memory. A friend of mine who had also taken part, still has his entry number from back then.
    Hey this is such an awesome memory! But I have to wonder, how come you don't have those cool items any more?

Quote Originally Posted by JohtoTimes View Post
    Hey this is such an awesome memory! But I have to wonder, how come you don't have those cool items any more?
    They always reminded me of my humiliating defeat! The disastrous performance of my Alakazam in the finale, getting defeated by a fat, lazy Snorlax!

Honestly though, I don't remember what happened to those things. I guess the nostalgia wasn't that strong back then.
    Austrian ViceMaster Alex

Nifty darn comics

They always reminded me of my humiliating defeat! The disastrous performance of my Alakazam in the finale, getting defeated by a fat, lazy Snorlax!

Honestly though, I don't remember what happened to those things. I guess the nostalgia wasn't that strong back then.
    That's a shame. Any photographs from the event?

That's a shame. Any photographs from the event?
    No, I didn't have a camera with me or anything. It was also before smart phones (with cameras), so all that remains are the memories.
    Austrian ViceMaster Alex

Nifty darn comics

No, I didn't have a camera with me or anything. It was also before smart phones (with cameras), so all that remains are the memories.
    Ah, so no way to evidence it, that's too bad. Obviously I take your word for it, but yeah...it sucks there's nothing there to share with others about your great achievement!

Ah, so no way to evidence it, that's too bad. Obviously I take your word for it, but yeah...it sucks there's nothing there to share with others about your great achievement!
    This link is the only evidence I found online that event even happened at all, it's all in German though.

https://www.pressetext.com/news/20000627025
    Austrian ViceMaster Alex

Nifty darn comics