Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: From Rookie To Champion - The Indigo Road

Banned

Default From Rookie To Champion - The Indigo Road

Nice chapter! I can't wait to hear what Krystal wants Chris to do!

Returning Hotshot Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Interesting chapter, and poor pidgey doesn't seem to get a break.
    Much like Holly in my fic- she simply can't get her Trapinch to use good attacks, and he can't win battles.....

Watch out for my new fanfic - Changing times

* Chapter 1 Up! *

*remembers it's Thursday when about to go to sleep*
    *rushes to TPM > Fan Fiction > From Rookie to Champion: The Indigo Road*
    *reads the chapter*

Great one! Why is Chris always using Pidgey, it's tiny and still weak... well, hope he learns...
    But the battle was a draw, wasn't it? Electabuzz beat Seaking and Pelipper beat Pidgey, right? Or was I just reading the chapter so fast I got it wrong?
    So Rika's been kidnapped. The next chapter will be interesting.
    The Quest for the Legends

Chapter seventy-seven, THE END, up!

Also check out the spin-off, Scyther's Story, as well as its sequel, The Fall of a Leader.

Morphic
    Winner of six 2008 Silver Pencils, including Best Fiction Overall and Best Plot
    Now concluded with chapter fourteen!

Banned

Speaking of other peoples' fics (LOL), my fic should be ready to post soon. I'm going to get to 5 chapters then start posting. As you can see in my sig, those Pokes are the two starters. I hope that once I start posting, I'll HAVE to continue posting so I won't disappoint any readers.

Banned

Originally posted by Raichu26
    Speaking of other peoples' fics (LOL), my fic should be ready to post soon. I'm going to get to 5 chapters then start posting. As you can see in my sig, those Pokes are the two starters. I hope that once I start posting, I'll HAVE to continue posting so I won't disappoint any readers.
    I'll be sure to rad it when it gets started. The title even sounds cool.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Ok, can i just say that, before i answer queries and replies, and as much as i like to encourage new fic writers, this isn't a thread to advertise your fic, Ok? Mods will get angry and such, and i dont want that to happen. If anybody wants their fic preveiwed, post it in the writers lounge.

Powarun: Chris just wants Pidgey to evolve, that's all. He doesn't realise, does he? Oh well. Maybe he can realise soon enough...Mudkip's cool, and has a little more parts to fill later on.

Mr Mayor: The chapter focused on the battle, as that was a very important part - in FRTC, Tony was treated as 'the 3rd guy' and his character was undeveloped. Tony now has a much better and much interpreted character, and we can now see the circumstances of a proper battle between two of the original 3.

Raichu: It's a big favor, and it's cool i guess. Just wait and see, cos i dont wanna give anything away

Oakbark: He managed to do well against Mak's Teddiursa...lol. He'll learn, but through his fights he HAS picked up expirience, even if he didn't win...

Dragonfree: Well, it was 2-2, last Pokemon standing wins. Seaking and Electabuzz were both knocked out in that match, thats why they were both recaleld. Tony won. Pidgey is weak, i know, but Chris wants him to evolve so badly! Rika's kidnap is bad...could it have been James Holmes?

Thanks for the replies, people! Chapter 11 up Monday. And i'm writing Chapter 19, 'Fear Factor'. Tales of Treachery has ended, being 4 chapters long, and it is a shocking set of chapters, as Sandra and Krystal battle, Al has the oppertunity to SHOOT Sandra, and Chris makes plans to head to Lavender Town...on his own...

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*
    Posted September 22nd, 2013

Banned

Next few chapters sound interesting. I can't wait for them...

Banned

great chapters!!!!! pidgey seems to always get beaten up by more experienced trainers, so maybe Chris needs to do some training seperatly. cant wait till they meet Al! his Scyther seems to be well trained. Chris' grandma seems to be a bit on the, how do you say, unfriendly side. cant wait for the next update! cya!

Junior Trainer

Sorry about the poke fic talk- i deleted my last post to show i didn't mean it. Its just so easy to get carried away..........

-zips up mouth before he can talk about fic again-

* Chapter 1 Up! *

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Mr Mayor: Oh, thanks! Team they're pretty interesting, and peel away from trainerishness and more into real matters, as you'll see. How are you doing with FRTC?

Ultra_Poke2000: Maybe he does...or maybe it's something else...Al's Scyther is wickedly strong. It's cool, as is Tyrogue and Gyrados. Grandma is vicious! argh!

Oakbark: No sweat dude, i've done it before, too ^^. I know, its easy to get carried away. Oh, and i'm about to PM you with some info regarding Dane in Chapter 19...

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Banned

Originally posted by ShinyMarill
    How are you doing with FRTC?
    I assume to mean TBAM, and it's coming alond quite well. I need advice though. I've got all these awsome ideas in my head, but when it comes time to write them down, it is much harder then I thought.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

no, i mean the original From Rookie To Champion - weren't you reading it as well?

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Banned

Oh, I understand now. Sorry, my mistake.

The past week was very, very busy, and I got next to no reading done. I intend to do a bit more today. So far I have finished 29 Chapters.

Banned

@_@;;;
    How can I put this? ...
    Ok, flashback. It's friday night. I have just got back home from a very fun party, had a shower, and go to my room. I'm not planning on going to bed any time soon, so I go online. Cut to going to pokemasters. Eventually, I end up here. Closer inspection shows me that this is a sequal to a fic that I had started to read a long time ago. I decide to start reading it over. 80 chapters later and I am here congratulating you on such a successful fic. n_n Because I read it all in one (HUGE) block, I could literally see your writing skills develop. I can't wait to continue to read this fic, you have hooked another reader. ^_~

*dances, no reason*

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Mr Mayor: no problem! Anyway, Chapter 29 is...erm....Domino, isn't it? Yea, i remember that one, and watch out, as Domino comes back sooner or later.

Raichu2: Can i call you Raichu2? we have two rai's here at The Indigo Road . i can sorta remember you, and i like your sig! Looks gr8 8). I am so glad you like the new fic, and i hope you stick around!

yay, a new reader, an old friend! Chapter 11 guys!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Indigo Road
    Chapter 11 - Tony and Cerulean Gym
    By Shinymarill

Chris

“Come on, let’s go!” I cried. Krystal and I headed off to the Cerulean Gym to get another badge. I was still unsure of whom to use: Pidgey would be an excellent choice, as he wasn’t limited to the floats like my other Pokemon. However, he was weak, and I didn’t know weather or not I could rely on him.

I decided he could take out one of Misty’s Pokemon. I was sure of it. I’d start with him, and probably use Bulbasaur to follow up…although I was still unsure of my third Pokemon.

“Chris” Krystal said, as we approached the Gym. I let her continue. “I want you to do something for me”
    “Oh” I said, unsure of what I could say to be honest. “What is it?”

Krystal fumbled for a Pokeball on her belt and handed it to me. “Use Kingdra in the match; he desperately needs to get out there and battle, and I know you can do that for me”

“Thanks!” I said happily. This could be my secret weapon against Misty. Tony was tough yesterday, but I bet Misty was hard as nails! I decided to sue Pidgey, Kecleon and Kingdra: Bulbasaur was a tad weak to be battling something so important.

We arrived at the Gym. Entering, we found it full up with Remoraid and Goldeen swimming peacefully, as trainers stood on the planks and walkways to spectate. We approached the water arena, as Misty wandered over to us.

“Hey there” She called, her voice bouncing off the delicate walls of the large building. “I hear you made short work of my apprentice”

I watched, as Tony (who was behind Misty) winked at me. He was such a good friend to me!
    “Yea, and I’ll do the same to you” I spat.

“Yea, right!” Misty said, drawing a Pokeball from her belt. It was a deep purple colour. “Go, Dragonair!”

Her ball opened and revealed a wonderful blue snake. It was slender and long, with a beautiful set of wing-like ears either side of its face. A large bead was on its neck, and a graceful horn on its forehead.

“Whoa!” Krystal exclaimed from behind me. “Dragonair are thought to have been extinct!”
    I gasped. These things must be rare. And Powerful, too. I prepared to battle, but whom should I use against such a large threat? This was strong, so I needed to use something as good.

“Kingdra, you’re up!” I shouted, releasing Krystal’s seahorse. It bobbed up and down in the waves playfully, before facing the lovely Dragonair. “Use an aurora beam!”

Kingdra leapt into the air and spun around, before blasting a beautiful beam of rainbow colours out his snout towards Dragonair. Dragonair shot underwater and out of the way.

“Now! Hydro pump!” Misty cried. This Gym was tough, using such a powerful attack on me!
    “Underwater! Now!” I snapped, as Kingdra ducked under the waves and under the sea.

Dragonair soon followed through and shot forward at Kingdra. Kingdra was hit, but he soon shook the blood from his wound. Kingdra then blasted a smokescreen from his snout and filled the arena with a thick cloud.

“Dragonair!” Misty cried. “Get up!”
    Dragonair swam back to the surface and burst out, gasping. She shook her head, and turned to look for Kingdra.

“Now! Whirlpool!” I cried. Kingdra slinked down to the corner of the pool and a small whirlpool twisted from his snout. It grew and grew, before dragging the water in a surging circle shape.

“Dragonair! Watch out!” Misty cried. A smile spread across my face. Her fate was sealed…

Al

I raced through the wood, unable to get them out of my thoughts. Sandra, Duncan, Mike and Lilly pursued me on foot. Mike and Lilly were both grunts, getting 1st hand experience of Duncan and Sandra: They were both Elites.

“Yanma, get him!” Mike bellowed. His Yanma tore through the sparsely populated wood after me, my heart thumping against my chest heavily. Tyrogue, who was by my side, raced forward and smacked Yanma in the face.

“Keep going!” Mike cried, as Yanma came for another blow. Tyrogue leapt to the left as Yanma flew forward, and leapt back as he came again. Yanma fluttered back to Mike, as Lilly got a Pokeball out.

“Butterfree, attack!” She cried. Her Butterfree emerged to take me down, but I wasn’t going to lose so easily. Tyrogue leapt up to attack, but Butterfree shot forward and knocked Tyrogue into me.

I clutched my arm and fell down. Tyrogue seemed all right, so he stood infront of me to defend me from the rockets. God bless him.

“Get them!” Sandra snapped, as Butterfree and Yanma flew at me. Tyrogue launched a rapid spin forward to repel them, but they wouldn’t give up.

“Come on” Duncan said, as Sandslash joined the fray. “Just give in, you job deserter”
    “NEVER!” I screamed. I kicked Duncan in the shin before Tyrogue and me tore through the forest.

“He’s tough” Duncan growled, nursing his shin. “Sandslash! Pin missile!”
    I whimpered slightly as the pins smacked against my back. I roared in pain and turned, facing the four deceiving figures.

“Fine” I said. “Beat me in a match and I’ll come back to Saffron”
    “Ok then” Sandra said, walking up to me. She stroked my chin with one finger, before forcing a heel onto my toe.

“Come” She continued, as Mike and Lilly grabbed one of my arms each. They tugged me off, as I became slightly worried about my decision…

Chris

Dragonair slithered out of the water and blasted an ice beam at Kingdra. Kingdra fired one back, causing a large ice orb to form in the center. The orb dropped and smashed, as Dragonair and Kingdra continued to battle.

“Finish it with hyper beam!” I cried. Kingdra glowed white around the edges as he leapt into the air. His snout had an orange orb in it, as he blasted an intense hyper beam forward. It smashed into Dragonair and knocked her out.

“Return!” Misty cried. “Staryu, go!”
    Her ball opened and revealed the same Pokemon Whitney once had. I remembered that battle with Nidoran and how he evolved…

“This will be a cinch,” I told Kingdra. “Water gun!”
    A precise dart of water was shot from Kingdra’s snout at Staryu. Staryu was hit, but it didn’t seem to bother. It leapt out the water onto a yellow float and continued the match.

“Rapid spin!” Misty cooed lightly. Staryu spun from its float and through the air, smashing into Kingdra as it hit the water. Kingdra backed away as Staryu repeated the attack.

“Kingdra! Smokescreen!” I cried. Kingdra ducked underwater and blasted a stream of ink out. Staryu, now underwater, had a hard time finding Kingdra, but its pulsating core shone brightly, allowing Kingdra to see Staryu.

“Headbutt!” I shouted. Kingdra drove its hard head through the smoke and smashed Staryu something awful. Staryu shot back, but then rapidly flew forward and tackled Kingdra.

“Swift!” Misty cried. Staryu shot into the air and blasted a barrage of small yellow stars at Kingdra. Kingdra was peppered by the attack and ducked underwater. Staryu landed on a float and prepared to strike again.

“Thunderbolt!” Misty cried. Staryu’s core glowed yellow as it blasted a surge of electricity forward into the water. Kingdra cried its name as it became electrocuted.

“No!” I cried, watching Kingdra close its eyes wearily. I recalled it and pocketed the ball, before getting Pidgey’s Pokeball out. Maybe I could do this…
    “Go!” I roared, hurling Pidgey’s Pokeball out.

Pidgey appeared and faced Staryu, who looked more than ready.
    “Quick attack!” I shouted. Staryu may be fast, but I bet Pidgey’s quick attack could do the trick.

Pidgey shot forward and hit Staryu, knocking it back slightly. Staryu shot stars forward as Pidgey soared through the sky and evaded the attacks. Pidgey then turned, before shooting forward at Staryu.

“Water gun!” Misty cried. Staryu shot a water gun forward at Pidgey, but he soared out of the way again. Staryu’s core then throbbed a vibrant yellow…

“Thunderbolt! Now!” She cried, as Staryu blasted the attack. Pidgey shot out of the way just in time, but Staryu fired the attack numerous times. I knew Pidgey could evade the attacks someway…

“Pidgey! Quick attack through the air!” I yelled. Pidgey shot forward as a white streak streamed behind him. Suddenly, the white streak became lighter until it was a silvery colour. Pidgey learned agility!

However, the glow soon took over Pidgey and absorbed him inside. Pidgey glowed, as his wings shot out bigger and bolder. His whole body grew, as a red hair crest became visible on his head, and tail feathers of pink and brown shot out from behind him.

“Pidgeotto!” I cried, happiness taking over my body. “Yes!”
    “The wait’s finally over” Tony said. “Good job!”

“Staryu! Tackle!” Misty cried. Staryu shot forward on its side, but Pidgeotto sliced through the air and out the way! I was amazed at the speed of this amazing Pokemon.

“Steel wing!” I ordered. Pidgeotto became a glowing silver streak as he shot through the air and smashed into Staryu. Staryu stumbled back and into the water, its core smashed.

“Return!” Misty cried. “You’ve done a good job so far”
    “Thanks” I said casually, as Pidgeotto flapped above me.
    “But beat this!” Misty cried. “Go, Squirtle!”

A cute Squirtle emerged and faced Pidgeotto off. It was Tony’s! I stared at Tony, as he winked at me and gave me the thumbs up.

“Peck!” I cried, as Pidgeotto shot through the air and slammed into Squirtle. Squirtle stumbled backwards, before plunging into the water. Squirtle got himself back on the float.

“Squirtle!” He said, blasting a water gun forward. Pidgeotto shot out the way and flew down to deliver a quick attack. He shot forward at Squirtle, but the tiny turtle leapt into the water and evaded the attack. Pidgeotto turned sharply and scanned the water for any sign of its target.

“Now! Rapid spin!” Misty shouted. Squirtle popped inside his shell and shot out of the water, flying through the air and smacking Pidgeotto. Pidgeotto flapped his wings to stay in the air.

“Quick attack!” I cried, as Pidgeotto shot forward and slammed into Squirtle. Squirtle fell back, but launched a water gun from his mouth at my new bird. He shot out the way and turned, before flapping a whirlwind forward to keep Squirtle at bay.

“Try a bubblebeam!” Misty suggested. Squirtle was about to breathe in, but Pidgeotto shot forward and rammed him in the chest. Squirtle fell back, and shut his eyes.
    “Come on!” Misty cried.

Squirtle just lay there. Tony stepped forward.
    “He doesn’t want to battle anymore,” Tony explained. “Pidgeotto has too much stamina”

Misty gave Tony the ball, and Tony recalled his friend.
    “Nice job” Misty said. “I assure you, I can battle better, but I have a lot on my mind…personal life and such…”

“I understand,” I said kindly. Problem’s in bed, no doubt…

“Here’s the Cascade badge!” Misty said. She pulled an earring off, and I saw it was a blue glass tear. It looked like the dewdrop badge, which was a turquoise colour. I added it into by badge case, and admired the two badges.

“Good job, Pidgeotto” I said to my friend, as he flapped down. He perched on my outstretched arm, and I felt a strong surge of pride inside me. Kecleon was with Krystal, and looked pretty annoyed at how chummy Pidgeotto was with me.

“What are you guys doing tomorrow?” Tony asked me.
    “Gee…erm…I’m not sure” Krystal began. “We could spend another day in town, couldn’t we?”

“Yea” I replied.
    “Well, why don’t we go up to Cerulean cape?” Tony asked us. “There are some wild Pokemon up there, they have massive battles…it’d be great!”

“Sure” Krystal said. “We’ll meet you outside the Gym at 12:00 tomorrow, ok?”
    “Ok by me” Tony said. “See ya!”

We wandered out of the Gym and towards a travel lodge, my new Pidgeotto on my shoulder. Kecleon looked at him sternly, as did Marill. I hope Pidgeotto got on with this bunch…

Noctowl

I sat in the tree, watching the reserve flash before me. It was nighttime. My talons released their grip from the tree branch I grasped on, and I took off through Pontaricò, scowering for food.

I shot across the town square and saw a little Rattata chewing and gnawing on some food. My wings made no noise in flight, so I shot down and screeched loudly, before stabbing him with my beak and clasping him with my talons.

“Thanks” I purred, shooting through the town. On the roof of Helmsworth’s laboratory, I nibbled on the Rattata pleasantly. I looked out to sea, faintly able to see Catcalina, my home Island. I wonder how all my friends were doing…

I suddenly heard a noise. I watched, as a large removal van pulled up infront of the laboratory. Who was it? My eyes watched evermore as a figure got out. It was…it was a man…I didn’t know him…

“Right, let’s get moving,” He said. “We want to get those Pokemon, so you lot all get in”
    “Right” The other people chanted. They had leapt out the back of the van. “What shall we do with her?”

They were talking about a girl inside the van. I moved over the roof slightly to get a better look. Still I could see nothing.
    “Keep her here” The man said. “The Trueman family will pay a lot for her whereabouts”

The Trueman’s? That’s where Nidoran and Nidoran came with Chris and Krystal. Could it be…Rika?

Rika was fast asleep and tied up in the back of the van. I watched eagerly.
    “Mr Holmes” One of the rockets said. “Are you ready sir?”

“Yes” Holmes said. “You all go into the laboratory. Take as much as you can, but don’t get carried away . Keep two Pokemon back so we can use them to frame her with”

So, they were planning to steal some Pokemon off Professor Helmsworth, and use two to frame Rika! I couldn’t believe it. I had to stop them. Before I could tell myself what I was doing, I watched the grunts lay Rika down outside the lab in a ‘fall position’, and run inside. They’d presumably picked the lock.

I then cooed loudly, before shooting down at Holmes. I latched onto his head and yanked his hair, cooing savagely. It felt good hearing that man scream and yell. I flapped back, and launched myself forward, jousting him in the cheek with my beak.

“What the bloody hell?” Holmes remarked, running back from me. I then flapped forward again, slapping him with one of my wings. I could see out the corner of my eye Rika stirring.

“What’s going on?” She asked. I then scratched Holmes across the face with my talons, before Headbutting him into the side of the van. He fell to the ground, unconscious.

I flapped over and ripped the ropes binding Rika. She looked for her Pokeballs. Those rockets had stolen them, most likely. We had to get them back before the grunts came out the building.

I soared over to the back of the van, and Rika and I searched inside. Soon enough (and sooner than we expected), 4 Pokeballs lay in the back, which Rika took and clipped onto her belt.

“Great” She said, smiling. She stared at me for a second. “Do you belong to Chris? Chris Haruka?”
    I nodded my head politely. Rika gasped.

“Thankyou very much” She said to me. “Now, let’s get to work”

After we locked Holmes in the van and shut the back door, Rika told me of her story.
    “James Holmes is the leader of Team Rocket” She began. “But it’s been referred to as ‘The Holmes Organisation’ now. My father and Mother own a farm, remember?

I nodded, and clicked my tongue. I remember playing hide and seek there, which was lame and boring. Just because Chris hadn’t seen the 4th Pokemon movie, he made up his own little idea.

“Well anyway” She continued. “James wants to own the farm, because we get a lot of income and whatnot. He’s been round a lot of times to get us, and last time he launched a Golem and a flock of Graveller onto my Pokemon and me! Nidoking and Nidoqueen helped, but we were no match for them. I suppose they’re just getting they’re own back”

I clicked my tongue again and agreed. Stupid Chris. He had to travel over the seas to get some action, while I just had to eavesdrop on a criminal gang as they spilled their secret plans…the chump…

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

next Chapter - Cape Fear

-Chris and Krystal meet Tony and climb up Cerulean Cape for the day. There, they meet Narinder, a girl who is into Pokemon like them. She challanges Chris to a match...
    “Agility” I said bitterly. Umbreon’s rings glowed a bright white, before he simply dashed across the arena away from Blaziken’s blows. The Pokemon looked confused, but nonetheless remained calm.

-And Sandra's plans all sail smoothly as she continues her job
    “NO!” He roared. I knew somebody would have heard. Our plan had been dented, so we must act fast.
    “Hypnosis!” I shouted loudly. Starmie then transmitted red waves through the air at Al, which in a matter of seconds weighed his eyes down.

-Suzie becomes surprised as she feeds all the Pokemon in the garden, what could it be?
    I ran over to the glowing cocoon, and watched as the light that wrapped around it slowly moved up into the air. It left the ground and morphed into the shape of a large moth, which, as the light died down, had a purple body with green wings. It fluttered around, its large eyes blinking.

All continues on thursday, as the Indigo Road whisks us othrough Cerulean!

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Banned

Great chapter SM, though I wonder why Chris wants to collect badges if he is only after Articuno.
    and is Cape Fear like the film 'Cape Fear'

Banned

heh, great Chapter. I laughed at the "Problems in bed, no doubt," sentance. Can't wait to find out what happens to Al... and Rika... and Chris...

Want to post the next Chapter Tomorrow?

**Waves a $10 Bill infront of ShinyMarill**

A great chapter, as usual! So Chris now finally has a Pidgeotto like he always wanted. I wonder if he gets sad when it evolves into a Pidgeot...

Also check out the spin-off, Scyther's Story, as well as its sequel, The Fall of a Leader.

Morphic

Banned

Oooh, new chapter. This'll be the first time I actually post regarding a single chapter. :p~~~ I really like how you include little previews at the end, it really keeps me coming back for more. I'm so happy that Noctowl is being the hero (even though he ate a cute little Rattata! >_< Have you seen their R/S sprite? It's like the littlest one there is! T_T) Yea. Noctowl = cool.

Hehe, you also made one little typo. "I decided to sue Pidgey, Kecleon and Kingdra....". XD

(oh yea, BTW, you can call me Raichu2 if you want. Or Chloe, my real name. Heck, call me Ninnybopper if you want. n_n;;

Thanks for the comment on my sig! ^____^

*waits anxiously for next chapter*

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I like the gym battle. Thank gowd that Chris's Pidgeeto evolve. NOw to Pigeot. Will Chris catch yet another pokemon. Please can you pm what he has right now because I keep forgetting.
    If something is wrong, please say so.

Banned

Can you PM me on what Chris' new catch is ?
    And this is great so far,and is Mareep going to evolve SOON?

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

JonUKX: There's a film? THEY STOLE MY IDEA! o_o;; Chris trains at the Gyms for practise, thats why. He isnt collecting all the badges *cough*pewter city gym*cough*

Mr Mayor: Not unless its english money *waves £10 note* lol. I stick by what i say , and i hope you like where Rika's story leads...

Dragonfree: Chris sorta likes Pidgeot, i think ^_^'' lets wait and see...that is, if he DOES evolve....cos he might not!

Raichu: I spent 3 months at Law Suit Camp, and thats why i did that lol. I meant to do it...;o anyway, i'll call you Chloe...Noctowl wont get much spotlight for the rest of the fic, and i know! Rattata is teeeeeeny...check out Natu as well

Powarun: He does make a final catch, but not till about chapter 22/23. But who goes? i mighta PM'd you about it, so tell me if i did, but dont say who goes! He has Kecleon, Granbull, Electabuzz, Umbreon Pidgeotto and Bulbasaur.

Pikachurocks: I will PM you with the few ideas i have (its being narrowed down ^^;; but i'm starting to develop a final idea.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Junior Trainer

Great chapter, and i think thats our first reference to the author in this sequel- am i right?
    Ive gotta stop thinking about that competition (im still noting little things even though its over and i won )

Anyway, the evo next chapter is cool, and i have a feeling that Electabuzz or Umbreon will be leaving for the new pokemon.

And finally, is there a reason for those pokemon under your posts, and do they correspond to the fic in any way?

* Chapter 1 Up! *

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Oakbark: well Noctowl actually refered to Chris as in his trainer, as Chris suggested they played hide and seek (or stole the idea from Rhonda). But it COULD be an actual A.P.O.V

Oh, and the evo is cool! But is this the Pokemon that makes it way onto Chris' team? who knows? and maybe Buzz or Umbry go....you'll have to wait!

ps: The PM i sent you doesnt matter.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Heres chapter 12! where is everybody? ARGH....

The Indigo Road
    Chapter 12 - Cape Fear
    By Shinymaril

Chris

After a rough night at the travel lodge and a rather crisp breakfast, Krystal and Me headed through town to find Tony. We were meeting him at the Gym, and heading out at Cerulean Cape for some battles and a nice day out.

“We should really be pressing on” Krystal sighed. “Seafoam Village isn’t for miles and miles yet – it’s about three cities away!”
    “Calm down” I told her. “We have all the time in the world to worry about Articuno”

We met Tony, who had Mudkip and Squirtle out. Kecleon soon became acquainted with Tony’s rather timid Mudkip, while Marill caught up with Squirtle. The four Pokemon followed us as we proceeded up the gentle bike slope.

“They have some great trainers up at the cape,” Tony told us. “But a lot of people train up there having lost to Misty, so you’ll win a few brawls”
    “Great” I said. “We could do with some training, right Kecleon?”

Kecleon nodded. He kept talking to Mudkip.

Soon enough, a small kid shot down the path on his bike. Tony pushed Krystal and myself out of the way, before mouthing off at the kid who disappeared into the large city.

“Stupid bastards” Tony uttered. “They’re not supposed to free wheel down here”

Soon, we found ourselves at the top of the hill. We wandered along through the pine trees until we found a picnic bench and a campfire. The campfire was a collection of glowing embers and ashes, probably used the previous night.

“Let’s grab some lunch, then” Tony said, getting his bag off his back. He pulled out some chicken sandwiches, tuna, and egg mayonnaise and bacon rolls. Everybody let his or her Pokemon out, Kingdra, Mudkip and Squirtle swimming in a nearby pond.

Granbull and Electabuzz sat on the table, as did Charizard. Umbreon and Bulbasaur lay on the ground, although they seemed to show resent towards the other. Pidgeotto circled the sky happily, keeping away from everybody else.

“Pidgeotto seems a little antisocial” Krystal said, watching the impressive bird from the safe refuge of her bench.
    “He does, doesn’t he?” Tony said. I was outraged. I’d wanted Pidgeotto for a long time, and now he finally got one, those two just nitpicked at it?

“He’s perfect just the way he is,” I snapped. “Bulbasaur, fancy some food?”
    Bulbasaur stirred, before getting up. As he trotted past Umbreon, I noticed the dark type trip him up. Bulbasaur landed on his face, giving Umbreon time to get up.

Umbreon walked over to me, but Bulbasaur brought out two vines and wrapped them around Umbreon’s legs.
    “Umbree!” He snapped. He turned to face Bulbasaur.

“Don’t fight!” I pleaded infront of my Pokemon. Bulbasaur ran forward and aimed a headbutt at Umbreon, but he shot to the left, causing the grass Pokemon to slam into a leg of the bench.

The bench collapsed, and we leapt off rationally. I scorned Umbreon and Bulbasaur.
    “When you’re on my team, then you’re friends” I snapped. Kecleon ran over from collapsing onto Krystal and joined my side.

I recalled Bulbasaur and Umbreon.
    “Well, that foods all wasted” Tony said, looking at the sandwiches littering the floor. Granbull patted his stomach, before walking forward for some food.

“You big lump” I chuckled, watching Granbull make a beeline for the discarded food. However, high in the sky, Pidgeotto watched with interest. He then tore down through the sky towards the food, shooting back up with a mouthful of bacon.

“Hey!” Tony snapped. “Mooching old canary”
    I grumbled at the word ‘mooching’. Pidgeotto flew ahead of us as the large group walked on, (Mudkip, Squirtle, Kecleon, Marill, Electabuzz, Granbull, Charizard, Mareep, Pidgeotto, me, Krystal and Tony)

Kingdra safe in his ball, we walked through the wood. Our group was certainly large. We then broke out the woods and came to a marble arena set in sand. A boy was using a Scizor against a girl and her Medicham.

“Get them!” The girl cried. She was of an Asian culture, with a white gown on. She had black plaited hair and her Medicham had a focus band on her wrists. “Use double kick!”

Medicham forced its legs forward at Scizor and pummelled him back. Scizor shot into the air and turned, before shooting back down at the Medicham.
    “Light screen!” She cried. Medicham created a pink barrier, before Scizor slammed against it.

“Return!” The boy shouted. He walked off, before I ran onto the arena.
    “Hey there” I said to the girl. “I’m Chris”

“I am Narinder,” The girl said. “Would you like a battle?”
    “Yes please” I said. “A 3-3?”

“Fine by me” Narinder said. “Tentei, can you battle?”
    Tentei must have been Medicham’s nickname. Tentei nodded, and got in a fighting stance. It was so weird!

“Electabuzz, come” I said, as Electabuzz parted the large group. He faced off against Tentei. Tentei remained calm.
    “Thunderpunch!” I roared. Electabuzz’ fist brimmed with electrical force as he drove it forward at Tentei.

“Tentei! Lilly skip!” Narinder cried. Tentei leapt gracefully through the air, evading the Thunderpunch. She turned, and launched a kick into Electabuzz’ face, causing him to collapse.

“Get up!” I cried. “Thunderbolt!”
    “Keep it up!” Narinder roared. Tentei kept leaping away from the attack, which was driving me mad.

“Now! Psybeam!” Narinder cried. Tentei crossed its arms in the air, and they glowed purple. Within seconds, she blasted an extreme purple beam from them right at Electabuzz.

Stumbling back, Electabuzz clutched his forehead and prepared to strike again. Tentei leapt into the air and delivered a fast pummelling double kick with her two large legs. Electabuzz screwed his black eye as he kept being forced backwards.

“Quick! Thunderbolt!” I roared. Electabuzz, still weary from the kicks, released a large surge of electricity into Tentei’s body, shocking her and sending her back. She stumbled around aimlessly for a second.

“Now! Mega kick!” I shouted. Electabuzz swung his foot around and smacked Tentei in the jaw, sending her collapsing onto the ground. Narinder looked shocked, and held out the gorgeous ball.

“Return” She said boldly. “Good job”
    “That thing’s strong” I commented, as Narinder got out another gorgeous ball. I hoped it wasn’t some stupid prima Donna Pokemon…

“Go, Ferneux!” Narinder cried, throwing out her next ball. It sounded like ‘Ferno’, possibly from the word inferno?
    The ball opened up and formed into a Blaziken. It roared loudly, the glowing parts of its feet throbbing vibrantly.

“Oh man” Krystal said, gasping at the sheer…sheer amazingness of this majestic Pokemon.

Suzie

I was losing my tether with Granny. She was really driving me mad with her Taillow: it squawked and rattled its cage every night! I needed sleep!

I walked into the reserve with Corona to feed our Pokemon. I took the large sack of Pokemon food that was on Corona’s back and sprinkled it around, causing our Pokemon to run over.

Tim’s Cyndaquil ran over for a feed, while Chris’ Weezing shot forward for a little grub. My Politoad came, too, and we continued to spread the food around. We approached ‘Cascoon’s garden’, which was the name we gave for the clutch of flowers littering around Chris’ grumpy Pokemon. It was attracted to flowers and such, so I think it’s going to evolve soon…

Tim’s Typhlosion and Arcanine took some food off us before we continued to the back of the reserve. I was sick to death of doing this: It was Tim’s turn this week!

“And Blastoise has beaten Slaking!” The announcer cried. “Lewis Adams is sending out another Pokemon!”
    I watched the Miami League tournament with Tim. I’m sure I’d seen that fat kid before…

“Go, Scyther!” Lewis shouted. Scyther faced off against Malcolm’s Blastoise. I was keen to see how the match went, but Lewis was really doing badly. Blastoise was Malcolm’s second Pokemon, and Scyther was Lewis’ fourth and last Pokemon.

“This is boring,” I declared. Grandma slumped herself down onto the cough next to Wobbuffet and snatched the remote.
    “I want to watch Doreus” Grandma declared. “It’s the season finale”

We switched over to an old man with a Zimmer frame.
    “Well…this is a case old Doreus can’t solve” The man said, moving a wrinkled hand through his wiry hair.

“No!” Grandma gasped. “Doreus, check the drawer! There’s a gun in the drawer!”
    “Hold it right there, gramps” a voice said. Doreus turned to see a man standing in the doorway with a gun. “You’re days of stumbling across the street and slipping on ice are over”

“Oh my” Doreus said. Grandma gasped.
    “No!” She screamed, as the adverts came on. I got up, and together with Wobbuffet walked outside.

We walked along the moonlit garden and into the reserve, where a white light shot from Cascoon’s garden. I ran over, Bayleef coming after me. She was originally asleep in the front part of the reserve, but she awoke and followed me.

I ran over to the glowing cocoon, and watched as the light that wrapped around it slowly moved up into the air. It left the ground and morphed into the shape of a large moth, which, as the light died down, had a purple body with green wings. It fluttered around, its large eyes blinking.

“Dustox!” I cried, staring at the Pokemon. It was rather ugly compared to the alternate evolution, Beautifly, but I’m sure Chris would be pleased all the same. I watched in fascination. Nothing could ruin this moment…

“Suzie!” Mum cried. “Grandma needs a sponge bath”

Chris

I looked at Blaziken. It roared loudly, before the round begun.
    “Thunderpunch!” I roared. Growling, Electabuzz drove his fist forward at Ferneux, but the wily Pokemon knelt down and sprung into the air.

In mid air, Ferneux swung his legs around rapidly, before shooting down with an outstretched foot and slamming it into Electabuzz’ face. Electabuzz stumbled back from the searing heat coming off Blaziken’s foot.

“Thunderbolt!” I roared. I felt angry with Blaziken, sorrow for Electabuzz and anticipation for the fight. Electabuzz clutched his fists and roared his name as he issued a blast of electricity from his body into the air. Arching down, it shot forward at Blaziken.

“Upper Sky!” Narinder ordered. Blaziken looked down, as he clenched his fists with rage. A navy aura filled his body as he opened his once shuteyes, and he stared forward at Electabuzz. Within seconds, he shot into the air, a white streak shooting behind him.

Watching, Electabuzz waited for the strike as Blaziken shot back down. He was a white and navy streak as he headed for my Pokemon, which couldn’t be good. Blaziken struck into Electabuzz and sent him sprawling back onto the ground.

Lying on the ground, Electabuzz waited to be recalled. I wanted him to keep going, but there was no point forcing him. I caught a glimpse of his scar from the Miami League - a gash from where Crobat had drained all his energy and left him white. I shuddered, before getting the ball out.

“Return” I said bleakly. I attached the ball onto my belt and selected my next Pokemon. Granbull and Umbreon were tough enough to take him down, so I decided to play by speed and select my dark Umbreon.

“Let’s go!” I cried, throwing the moon ball out. Umbreon emerged from the flash of light, and faced off against the much larger, better built Blaziken. I was slightly worried, as Umbreon was smaller in comparison, but I hoped his telepathy could help us here.

“Fire punch!” Came Narinder’s cry. Blaziken grumbled, before his fist glowed and brimmed with a passionate red glow. He then swung it back, forcing it forward soon after at Umbreon.

“Agility” I said bitterly. Umbreon’s rings glowed a bright white, before he simply dashed across the arena away from Blaziken’s blows. The Pokemon looked confused, but nonetheless remained calm.

“Ember shower!” Narinder ordered. Blaziken’s yellow parts of his legs throbbed violently, as he started to spew streaks of fire around the arena. I stood back, worried, although I knew I was safe. I feared for Umbreon: He was doing an excellent job dodging this constant surge of magma flowing across the arena.

It soon beckoned upon my gentle senses that I had no control over the match. Umbreon was using the attack I had commanded, but he was the one using precision jumping and evasion techniques, while Narinder and Blaziken were just making things worse.

“Strike! Quick attack!” I cried. Umbreon shot forward, appearing for a brief moment and tackling Blaziken in the stomach quickly. Blaziken tumbled back, but avoided falling by leaping into the air and landing quickly.

“Show him a fire punch!” Narinder ordered. Blaziken thrust a flaming fist forward, and he smacked Umbreon in the face. Umbreon shot across the ground, but he soon got back up.

“Quickly! Shadow ball!” I cut in. Umbreon was preparing to fire the attack, but we heard a loud roar in the forest ahead. I turned suddenly, and I could clearly see Narinder, Krystal and Tony had done the same.

“What was that?” Narinder asked herself curiously. “Ferneux, let’s go”
    “Hey, you can’t go on your own” Krystal said. “Let’s go, Marill”
    I decided to follow, Umbreon and Kecleon by my side. Tony and Squirtle also followed.

Sandra

“Now!” I roared. “Psychic!”
    Starmie’s core pulsated with a hard vibrant glow. Within seconds, it managed to transmit the aura onto Al, who was battling with Scyther.

“NO!” He roared. I knew somebody would have heard. Our plan had been dented, so we must act fast.
    “Hypnosis!” I shouted loudly. Starmie then transmitted red waves through the air at Al, which in a matter of seconds weighed his eyes down.

“Nighty night” I said sweetly, watching him collapse to the ground. Scyther moved forward.
    “Attack!” I snapped. Duncan ordered Sandslash to attack, and Lilly and Mike sent Yanma and Butterfree out.

Scyther was being beaten badly. I laughed sadistically. Al couldn’t run forever…and I had been assigned to track him down and catch him again. I’d explain in detail…but I can’t. It’s exclusive information, and I don’t know how many of you are reading this…

There was then a loud thump, as a Blaziken smashed through the forest. Four kids were seen, as well as an Umbreon, a Kecleon, a Marill and a Squirtle. I recognised two kids from the Pewter City incident.

“Look!” The familiar kid cried. He ran over to Al. “It’s Al!”
    “Is he alright?” The familiar girl asked, walking over. They nursed him slightly, as their Pokemon watched. The other male stepped forward.

“What have you done to him?” He inquired. I stepped forward with Starmie.
    “He’s fast asleep,” I said. “And he won’t wake for a while”

“What’s going on, anyway?” The Indian girl asked.
    “Just keep your red dot out of this, you” I sneered. The rockets chuckled, as I stared at her with disgust.

“Make Me,” She hissed back. “Ferneux! Cross chop!”
    Her Blaziken shot forward at us and released a cross of energy into Mike’s face. He tumbled back, his nose clearly broken, while holding the constant gush of blood back with his free hand.

“Water gun!” I ordered Starmie.
    “Narinder! Hold those lot off!” The familiar male said. “Krystal, you too”

We now knew the girls names.

“Tony, you go and help Chris” Krystal said. I smiled. We knew the names of the group, so we advanced a step further. Tony ran over to help Chris, while Krystal and Narinder prepared to battle.

“Return, Ferneux” Narinder said. I was curious at her action: Blaziken was in top shape, why did she switch?

“Nayru, attack!” Narinder cried, throwing a nest ball out. It opened up and formed into a Swablu. The little Swablu fluttered around Narinder. Krystal sent her Marill up against us.

Tony

I stood over Al, gently slapping him across the face. He still hadn’t woken yet. Squirtle tugged my sleeve slightly, before I turned to him.
    “Water gun!”

Squirtle shot a blast of water forward into Al’s face, causing him to splutter and cough. He stood up, looking around. I put my hand on his shoulder.

“Are you alright?” I heard Chris ask. Al nodded, before looking around. I turned, and saw Narinder and a Swablu battling the rockets with Krystal and Marill.

“Fine, I’m fine” He said, looking around. He recalled a worn Scyther, which I had forgotten about. I didn’t really like this situation: A boy being hypnotised by a group of Team Rocket members: Al even wore a slightly ripped, muddy team rocket outfit.

“I need to go” Al said to us. He pushed me away, before he raced forward through the forest. I prepared to go after him.

“Come back!” Chris cried. I stopped Chris. That kid can just leave a safe place and head into danger. It’s his fault, it you ask me. Running away from care and into a sour world of hatred is a bad idea. Maybe I’m just different to Chris.

I suddenly heard a familiar scream, and turned, to see Swablu and Marill on the ground, beaten by this one Starmie. The Starmie had held Krystal into the air, Narinder watching with a scared expression plastered across her face.

“Chris!” I snapped. “Help us out!”
    Chris released Pidgeotto and I sent out Squirtle. Yanma and Sandslash raced at us, and we engaged in a battle.

I kept my eyes focused on ours.
    “Squirtle! Water gun!”

Squirtle blasted the attack at Yanma, but he shot out the way. Yanma became a mere blur as he tackled Squirtle. My friend got up, and ran forward at the green dragonfly. However, Yanma shot into the sky.

“Tackle!” I cried. Squirtle leapt into the air and hit Yanma, sending him crashing down to earth. “Now water gun!”

Squirtle leapt high into the air and fired a water gun, soaking Yanma’s wings and leaving him helpless. Squirtle then leapt up high, before slamming onto Yanma’s dripping body.

“Return!” Mike said, recalling Yanma. Squirtle then said his name, before he glowed bright white. I gasped. He was evolving! His shell became bigger and a large, fluffy tail billowed out the back. His skin was a darker, more navy blue, while he gained two powerful ears either side of his face.

“Wartortle” He said, in a rather grim voice. I hugged him happily.
    “You finally evolved!” I told him, as Chris, Krystal and Narinder watched. I was so happy! Misty might finally start to like me if she saw this guy!

“Hey, look!” Chris said. “The rockets have gone!”
    He was right. They must have left almost immediately after I beat Yanma. I presumed Pidgeotto beat Sandslash.

“Never mind” Tony said. “I’ll pay them back someday”

We had bid farewell to Narinder and headed back down the cape, all the while Krystal commenting on Swablu. She loved that little guy! We walked to the Gym and healed everybody’s Pokemon.

“I got you all something to remember me by” I said to them, as they stood by the town gates. I got out the first box and handed it to Chris. He opened it with anticipation.

“Those are for Granbull,” I told him. “They’re focus bands”
    Instead of the usual black wristbands with diamond studs, this was a silver band with black studs. Chris released his Pokemon and attached them onto his wrists. “They’ll keep him going longer in matches”

“Thanks” Chris said to me, hugging me. I’d never hugged another male, but Chris was a really close friend. It didn’t mean anything, anyway.
    “Good luck” I told him.

Krystal walked forward, and I got out her present. I handed it to her.
    “Oh, Thankyou!” She cried. I had gotten her a beautiful gold ring for her finger, with a sapphire K in the center. She slipped it on and flashed it.

“It’s beautiful,” She said to me. I smiled. Krystal pecked me on the cheek, before stepping back.
    “We’ll meet again” I told them, smiling. They walked off into the sunset, as I waved my closest friends off. I’d really miss them…

I turned, Wartortle by my side, and walked back to the Gym. I was pretty happy - happy for my friends, happy for Wartortle. He evolved! I’d had him ages, and never thought he had wanted to, but it looked like Misty was one step closer to being with me than ever before…

Next Chapter - Suspension, badges and battles
    -Megan and Jet get back from their living hell on Dunwurray Island, to be greeted by James:
    “Now, you two are in no shape to be working for me” James said. “Consider yourself suspended from work until further notice”

-Smeargle gets sent home to the Haruka Household after Professor Oak is done researching him, but he should make friends!
    “Why, are you making another salad?” I sneered. “Next time, don’t use nettles, ok? They have these things called ‘thorns’ that actually hurt people who have a sense of taste”

“Go to hell!” Wobbuffet snapped. He charged at me, jousting his tennis racquet at me with all his might. I used my lively body to shoot out the way. Sunflora and Wigglytuff sure did enjoy this!

-Molly has a shot at entering the next league, and she's already in Mahogany Town!
    Thudding, Dewgong lay on his back, his eyes closed. I stared blankly at Dewgong’s body…had I done the right thing? I was impressed by Politoad’s power, but as I watched her pant uncontrollably, I reminded myself of how much energy it takes out of you.

-But where is Chris?

All on Monday...

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Banned

Great chapter SM, though I wonder why Chris isn't in chapter 13, also will Chris's Cascoon evolve into Dustox? I think he would be a great POV.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I liked this chapter, can not wiat till monday. Oh I might nor reply since it would be spring break for me. Anyway, Pidgeotto is attisocail, he is then my best freind. You use a lot of starters you know that? Bulba, Blaze, Blast, Char, Cynda, Typholions

Heh, I hope there will be a lot more of Grandma, she's so funny! The chapter was a bit confusing at some points, but I got them after I read over it again. Otherwise, it was very good.

Morphic

Banned

Great job. Very long, very nice. I really enjoyed it. I'm happy Squirtle evolved as well. I hope Tony gets the girl in the end...

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

JonUKX: Chris is in Chapter 13, but only for a little battle. Cascoon evolved already! Check Suzie's POV.

Powarun: Pidgeotto is just ANTISOCIAL, yea. I HAVE used a lot of starters, havent i? Oh well, who's gonna stop me! Haha. Remember Krystal had traded Nidorina for Chikorita at one point in the prequel.

Dragonfree: Hmm...maybe I'm sory it was confusing for you, but i am glad it was all clear eventually.

Mr Mayor: I wanted the Squirtle evolution to happen when Psyduck evolved, but it didnt Wartortle becomes a major Pokemon for Tony soon, you'll see.

Thanks for the replies guys! it seems many people have migrated to Serebii...DONT LEAVE ME GUYS!

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Ok guys, here is Chapter 13! Enjoy!

The Indigo Road
    Chapter 13 - Suspension, Badges and Battles
    By Shinymarill/Kecleon

Megan

“You’re costing us a lot of money,” James snapped. “The rescue mission alone set us back a long way”

“Sorry sir” I cowered. Both Jet and myself were pale and thinner than we’ve ever been. Domino and Sneasel had rescued us after she had flown over Dunwurray Island in her exclusive team chopper.

“Now, you two are in no shape to be working for me” James said. “Consider yourself suspended from work until further notice”

I gasped. I couldn’t believe it! No work, no pay…James ushered us out his office, and we silently walked down through to Pyro Island town.

“This is awful,” I said. “How can we get money now?”
    “Sell some of our Pokemon” Jet said bleakly. “It’s the only way we can get some income”

“But…I love my Pokemon” I said uneasily. “Linoone, Vileplume and Ariados”
    “It’s the only way,” Jet told me. “The only way we can live”

We sat on a bench in the park. I watched a pretty cool fight between a Vulpix and a Houndour. I sighed to myself as I stared at the two young kids. They’re life had just opened, fresh and new, while mine was rotten and past its best.

I stared at my hands, which, despite being only 32, they were cracked and withered. They were very pale and showed my electric blue veins incredibly well. Smoking was such an awful, awful thing to do. You know, the small white stick you smoke for hours on end, smiling to yourself over how cool you look. If anybody saw me as cool, they should clean their glasses.

“Remember when we first joined Team Rocket?” Jet asked me. I smiled at him, thinking back to that wonderful day…

F-l-a-s-h-b-a-c-k

“Come on” Megan snapped. She had a cigarette in her mouth, as she wandered over to the office on Pyro Island hill. Spinarak was on her shoulder, and she wore a pink crop top with yellow baggy jeans.

She felt nervous. She approached the building, and was greeted by a large man in armour. He wasn’t incredibly tall, but very stocky, although the armour could have helped give that rather vicious image.

“New recruiter?” The man asked. “I am Vicious”
    “You sure are” Megan said to him, shaking his hand. A spry 21 year old, her brown hair had light blonde streaks shooting around, and it was longer, to her armpits.

“I mean that is my name” Vicious said, grinning. He looked a lot older than Megan, probably about 39. She chuckled; he seemed to like her a little.
    “I am Megan” Megan told the man.

“Well then, let’s get to work” Vicious said. Megan walked inside.

“Your first assignment as grunts is very simple” Vicious told Megan, as well as 9 other people. “You are to travel to Metropolitan Island and hijack the comet train”

Megan had heard of the comet train: It was a fast monorail that shot around the Island and around the humongous industrial buildings. She was eager to start her first mission, so the ten grunts all packed into a boat and sailed off.

Megan was looking out to sea, Spinarak at her side. A male walked over, who was about three years older than her. He had a Pineco under his arm, and a Charmander by his side.

“Hey” He said cheerily. His black hair was long, but only bushy. It looked pretty cool, and he had wonderful hazel eyes.
    “Hi there” Megan said. “I like your Pineco”

“Thanks” He said. “I like your Spinarak”
    “Thanks” Megan replied. “I’m Megan”
    “Jet” The male said. “I take it this is your first mission too?”

“That’s right” Megan replied. “I’m sort of nervous”
    “Yea” Jet said back. “Just try and relax, like the sea”

Megan stared out to sea and smiled.
    “Good advice” She commented, gazing out to the large open space. “I really want to travel the whole Miami Archipelago”

“Yea, I guess that’d be cool” Jet murmured. “Me, Charmander and Pineco wanted to enter the league, but I guess we just need some cash first, that’s why we’re doing this job”

“Me too” Megan said. “It’s cool to be a member or Team Rocket”

F-l-a-s-h-b-a-c-k O-v-e-r

“It’s cool to be a member of Team rocket,” I said lightly, reciting the words. “Yea, I bet it’s cool to be poor, too”

“Don’t worry” Jet assured me. “I’m sure we can get back on our feet”

The days were long and tiresome. I found myself looking for any scrap of food in the streets, and to be honest, I really felt my life was better off lost. Jet tried to comfort me; he told me there was an easier way to overcome this lonesome life. ‘I’m lonely, and you’re lonely, but together, we’re lonely together’ he said.

The days crept by and I sat by a lake, watching a few Farfetch’d scoop up breadcrumbs in their beaks. I sighed heavily. Linoone, Vileplume and Ariados: Three very important members of my team. Was Jet right? Should I sell just one? I hated the idea, but I found that if I sold them or not, they’d either leave my life or I’d leave theirs.

Jet sat down after using some of his money to buy us a pizza to share. He brought it over and gave me a slice. I savoured the fresh, cheesy taste that flowed into my mouth.

Suddenly, I heard footsteps. I turned to my left, and saw Domino walking towards us with her brand new Magneton: She had done an apparently ‘amazing’ Ultra Ball Heist and James had rewarded her with a new Pokemon.

“Domino!” I gasped. She approached us, but turned to Jet.
    “It’s been a week,” She said to him. “James wants you back on the team”
    Jet leapt up and the pizza fell to the floor into the gravel.

“Really?” He gasped. “Really?”
    “Come on” Domino said, chuckling. “Let’s get you to HQ”

“That’s great!” I said, getting up as well. Domino looked at a letter in her hand. She held her other hand in my face.
    “Sorry, it says here that you’re still suspended” Domino told me, clearly not sorry.

“I see” I began, sitting back down. Jet glanced at me, before Domino and him walked off down the road. I sighed. I was alone in the world, with nothing but a spider, a weasel and a flower as friends.

Bending down, I scraped the gravel off the pizza. There was a lot left, and I wasn’t letting it go to waste.

Chris

“Bullet seed!” I cried. Bulbasaur leapt into the air and his bulb throbbed silver, before he shot a barrage of seeds from it down at Nidorina. She used her claws to slash them back, but the sheer force and strength of the seeds soon made her reconsider.

“Keep it up!” Lisa called. “Tackle!”
    Nidorina shot forward and smashed into my Bulbasaur. Bulbasaur flew back across the ground, severely whupped. Maybe he could pull through…

“Try absorbing!” I ordered. Bulbasaur’s bulb glowed a fresh summer green, before small sips of green energy were drawn from Nidorina. They shot into the air into Bulbasaur’s seed.

“Try a slam!” I suggested. Bulbasaur shot forward and into the air, stretching out before slamming down onto Nidorina. That didn’t do much damage: She was all spiky.

“Poison sting!” Lisa cried. This attack was going to take us down, so I needed to act fast.
    “Try a stun spore!”

Bulbasaur crouched down, as he held his bulb proudly forward. He blasted a spiralling cloud of stun spore from it, which hit Nidorina directly in her eyes. She hissed, while stumbling back.

“Nidorina!” Lisa cried. “Return!”
    She hit the beam at Nidorina, bringing her back in her Pokeball. Lisa put her ball away, having lost to Bulbasaur and Pidgeotto.

“Good match” She said. “I really like your Bulbasaur”
    “Thanks” I told her. “I got him on the west fields by Pewter City”

“Oh, how nice” Lisa said. She was 16, and had sleek short black hair. She was kinda cute, but she wouldn’t date me!

“Well, goodbye” Lisa said, heading up the road to Cerulean. The path we were at was long and spacious – not a tree in sight. It was nice to feel so free and alive in this fresh path leading to Saffron City.

After a long debate and a hard slap at my expense, we decided to leave Vermillion out of our quaint journey. It sounded like a lovely thriving seaside town, but I had to admit, Krystal was very keen on getting to Seafoam Village. I never stay on task…

The walk was long, but we were passing through a tiny village called Pourie Town. It was pronounced ‘p-you-ree’, and it was apparently a pleasant place. I thought back to Pallet Town, and Professor Oak, before I wondered if Smeargle was back home…

Smeargle

“A point to us!” Wigglytuff cried. Herself and Sunflora were wearing black headbands, and Wiggly was wearing a black shirt and shorts. Wobbuffet and me were wearing white headbands and white shorts and shirts.

“Damnit Wobbuffet!” I snapped. “I served the ball to you!”
    “Too bad I hit it down” Wobbuffet said. His voice was husky and very gangster-style, which was weird.

We were playing Tennis, and I was getting really annoyed with this annoying blue blob! Wobbuffet would just use mirror coat and send the ball right back at them, which would go out and lose us a point!

I’d lived here a couple days now. I really liked this massive reserve, and it was cool talking to all these different Pokemon about what they’ve done in their lives. Jonathon was my past trainer, and I’d done loads of neat stuff with him in Johto. He just left me with Professor Helmsworth while he went on vacation, and he had left me with the Haruka Family.

“I’m out this dump!” Wobbuffet grumbled, walking into the house. “Be careful what you eat tonight, ‘mate’”

“Why, are you making another salad?” I sneered. “Next time, don’t use nettles, ok? They have these things called ‘thorns’ that actually hurt people who have a sense of taste”

“Go to hell!” Wobbuffet snapped. He charged at me, jousting his tennis racquet at me with all his might. I used my lively body to shoot out the way. Sunflora and Wigglytuff sure did enjoy this!

“Taste paint!” I snapped, slapping him across the face. Splashes of vibrant colours were plastered across his face as he winced. I then powered up a doubleslap and released it into the blobs face.

“Get lost!” He snapped. Wobbuffet then clapped his hands rhythmically. I soon found my legs moving on their own…He was using encore! I danced around as Wobbuffet clapped his hands in different ways.

“Stop it!” I snapped. Wigglytuff laughed and chuckled. I wanted her! Wobbuffet was stealing my girl…and I’d make sure I got him back… oh yes; I’d make sure indeed.

Molly

“Well then, it seems you’ve come far” Pryce told me. The old man stood at the other end of the icy arena, and surveyed me with his black, creased eyes. I stared back at him, a Pokeball in my hand.

“This match is a 2-2” Pryce told me.
    “Fine” I said back. This was the chance to get my 7th Johto league badge, so I had to do my best.

“I choose you, Dewgong!” Pryce called, throwing the ball out. It burst open and formed into the beautiful, sleek Dewgong. It called its name out, and I prepared to select a Pokemon to use.

“Go Politoad!” I roared. My voice was slightly hoarse, but I threw the ball at the ground, which soon burst open and revealed Politoad. She smiled and waved at me, before turning to the match.

“Dewgong, use a take down!” Pryce commanded. Dewgong slid across the ice and forced itself into the air, before crashing down towards Politoad. She rolled to the left and endured the shards of flying ice that were sent at her, before she turned to face Dewgong.

“Use doubleslap!” I told Politoad. Running over, Politoad held a paw back as she prepared to drive it forward into Dewgong’s face. Dewgong whined and wept as he was being bombarded by a barrage of hard, fast slaps to the cheeks.

“Bite!” Pryce said. Dewgong unexpectedly chomped on Politoad’s paw, causing my beloved frog to leap back in pain. “Headbutt!”

Dewgong then lunged forward, his horn jabbing Politoad in the stomach. She stumbled back as blood seeped from her wound. Clutching it, she moaned her name mournfully.

“Politoad! Watch out!” I cried. Dewgong swung its soft, fan-like tail around and hit Politoad, sending her flying back across the ice. I stared down at her: She was clearly getting beaten, and she was having a hard time fighting back.

“Can you keep it up a little longer?” I asked her kindly.
    She nodded. I thought of Pryce’s Dewgong, who had power, speed and a high attack. How could such a beast be taken down or overpowered?

“Try a low kick!” I suggested. While in his Poliwhirl form on Semicon Island, we had learnt a lot from Melissa, the Gym Leader and her fighting Pokemon. I had lost to her, but she then helped me train Poliwhirl against her Poliwrath, which allowed me to get Poliwhirl in better shape. However, I had refused a water stone from her; I felt Politoad was so cute!

I brushed my chestnut brown hair from my face: It had become longer than ever, and was all knotted and bushy. It felt awful, but I had just passed through a cave to get here, so you could see why I was in such a state.

Politoad did a slide tackle along the ground and kicked Dewgong. He slid back across the arena, but soon sprung into the air and launched itself down at Politoad. Politoad watched, tears forming in her eyes.

“Dynamic punch!” I cried. Politoad got up from cowering, and her fist glowed a bright white colour. She held it back, before forcing it forward and smacking it into Dewgong’s body, sending him back through the air.

Thudding, Dewgong lay on his back, his eyes closed. I stared blankly at Dewgong’s body…had I done the right thing? I was impressed by Politoad’s power, but as I watched her pant uncontrollably, I reminded myself of how much energy it takes out of you.

“Return, Dewgong” Pryce said, recalling his Pokemon. I quickly fumbled for Politoad’s Pokeball and aimed it at her.
    “You too” I began. “Great job”

Pryce chose his next Pokemon. He threw the ball forward, which burst open and formed into a beautiful blue Vaporeon. It had a slinky blue tail, which was joined to an elegant body with soft paws.

Vaporeon purred. She sat down and waited for me to release a Pokemon. She was a water type, so I knew Vileplume was the right choice for this. I selected her Pokeball and threw it out.

She formed from the light and stared Vaporeon down. This would probably be hard, as I knew Vaporeon’s ability to learn ice attacks.
    “Razor leaf!” I cried. Vileplume sent two razor sharp leaves flying from her bud towards Vaporeon, who was bombarded by them, before shooting back across the arena.

“Use an ice beam!” Pryce roared. I gasped. Vileplume couldn’t evade this…

Vaporeon’s mouth brimmed with an arctic surge of energy, before blasting a large pearly white beam forward at Vileplume. Vileplume then leapt to the left and narrowly avoided the attack, which had soon created a large jagged shard of ice.

“Good job!” I cried. “I never knew you were so evasive!”
    “Vileplume!” My friend screeched happily. She then held her head forward and blasted a sleep powder through the arena at Vaporeon.

“Vaporeon! Tail whip!” Pryce snapped. Vaporeon flapped her tail, which wafted the sleep powder away from her. Vaporeon then charged forward with a headbutt, and knocked Vileplume back across the arena.

“Keep it up,” I said, as Vileplume skidded back. “Use bullet seed”
    Vileplume leapt into the air and spun around, before blasting an array of silver seeds at Vaporeon. She was kept back by the onslaught, giving my Vileplume time to attack.

“Solarbeam!” I cried. Vileplume glowed, before she landed on the ground and blasted a green beam forward through the air. Pryce and Vaporeon watched in fascination as the beam had decided their fate…

Vaporeon was struck by the attack, as it drove her into the wall. She wailed in pain as she fell down, Pryce turning and seeing this.
    “Return!” He gasped. He shot the beam at his Pokemon.

“Very nicely done” Pryce told me. “You took down two of my Pokemon with skill and precision, so here is the Glacier Badge”
    I took the snowflake-shaped badge and pinned it to my red jacket. 7 badges!

“Thanks!” I cried. “Come on, Vileplume, let’s go”
    Vileplume skipped after me as we ran out the Gym. I was so happy…that scumbag Damien might have shunted me from the Miami League, but Johto held great things for me…

Next Chapter - The Pourie Town Tourney
    -Now in Pourie Town, the chance for a thrilling tournament is open!
    “I’d like to –

“I’ll enter” Krystal cut in. I watched her with a confused expression. She looked up at me as she filled in the form.
    “Remember? I captured Mareep” Krystal explained.

“But it’s rubbish!” I stated. “Electabuzz could beat it any day!”
    “You wish” Krystal snapped. “Anyway, Nurse Joy said Mareep’s very strong”

-Krystal cathes a new Pokemon...
    “What are you going to do with it now?” Chris asked. He had a point. I couldn’t just leave it here, could I? I fumbled for an Ultra Ball on my belt.
    “Go!” I cried, throwing it. It smacked ____* on the head and pulled him inside, registering him as mine.

-Chris meets an old friend at the battlefield...can he show him that he ISN'T a Rookie anymore?
    I faced Martin. I hadn’t seen him since I battled Elekid with his Raichu! What a mistake that was. His scruffy brown hair still nestled on his face, and his patches of freckles littering his face made me reminisce. Through a pair of thin, oval glasses, his bright tan eyes shone brightly.

-And Rika has a hard decision to make, as she talkes to Christopher Ritson of the Miami League
    “Oh, I see” I said nervously. Somebody had won the Miami League, so I needed to head off and challenge him or her. I needed to get back home: Mum and Dad would be so worried about me!

“I’ll make it there in a week” I said. I could just train some more…
    “I’m afraid you need to make your way down here now” Chris told me. “The battle is scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. Now get down here, or your title as Miami League Champion goes down the drain"

-Meanwhile, Krystal's next opponent watches happily:
    “Transform” I commanded. Ditto glowed white, as he reshaped and took the form of a Mareep. I looked at the two, and mine was a lovely shiny bronze colour, which varied from the usual electrifying yellow.

All is revealled on thursday!

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Very nice chapter! So Molly's in Johto now? Hmmm... I predict that therer's an Electric pokémon tournament in Pourie town...

Morphic

Banned

Very cool. I'm assuming Molly is from the first fic. Maybe I haven't reached her part yet, or maybe I forget about her all together. Great Chapter by the way. An Electric Tournoment. Sounds like something I had planned for my fic...

Banned

Great chapter SM, I have a rough idea who Krystal is going to catch but I may be wrong. is chapter 14 the chapter that Oakbark appears cos I forgot.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Dragonfree: Thanks! Yea, Molly got to Johto P-R-E-T-T-Y quickly I was gunna have all her gym matches but just couldnt be bothered. It's more about the league with Molly. Electric tournament? hmm....maybe, even though its obvious

Mr Mayor: Molly appears in Chapter 21, so you may not have seen her. She is the 11 year old on Talon Island, with Delibird. You had an elec tourney? pants. I was gunna have water, and have Chris borrow Kingdra, but eelc is better

JonUKX: WHO? WHO?
    -I'm keen on who you think, but if you've read the Intro you may already know. Hmm. Yea, elec tourney! whoo. Anyway, Dane (Oakbark) makes a small debut in Chap 14, but 15, 16, 17 and 18 are more Dane-packed.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Banned

Oh, ok. I remember her now. I don't know how she slipped my mind.

And no, I didn't have an Electric Tournoment. It's like something I had planned for my fic however (Tournoments for certain types). You'll learn more about that in my next Chapter though.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Sorry it took so long, complications came in the way, is today tuesday?
    Dang I was late, well I am glad you smacked Megan around for smoking, because that is bad and you shouldn't do it. Krystal catches a new pokemon, can not wait.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Mr Mayor: You'll see her again, i hope. Depends if you can go through with all SEVENTY (70) chapters of frtc
    The type tourneys are cool, i enjoy writing them. In other fanfics i've had lots of them.

Powarun: Smoking is bad, but i dont hold grudges at people for doing it. A lot of people get influenced, and i Myself am amazed i've steered away from it. Krystals new catch is...different...

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*

Junior Trainer

I was on a school tour to Nice and the south of France, so that would explain my absence.
    Can't wait for my debut, and the Smeargle/Wobbuffet rivalry is great fun!

* Chapter 1 Up! *

I'd just like to tell you that I know a girl (through the internet, okay) and her parents smoke, and then she was the one who got lung cancer and died sixteen years old. We'll never forget you Bayleef! Smoking surely is bad.

Morphic