Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Yu Gi Oh! Dark Messiah

phOEnixsong, not EO, plzthx Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer
    In Phoenixsonglandatopia. You're not invited.

Default Re: Yu Gi Oh! Dark Messiah

I think I'm the only one who's confused here. What the heck is a Divine Knight of Destiny or whatever? It's not fair, bad timing, bad VCRs and bad luck prevented me from seeing the end of Waking the Dragons... and did Timaeus, Hermos and Critias look like Yugi/Joey/Kaiba at any point during the original thingie? Probably not, especially since I did see them in human form briefly (quite a ways before--after?--Divine Knight of Destiny, though) and they looked like some other dudes, but I'm still curious. *kicks old VCR* Damn you, you stupid worthless piece of junk! Damn you to hell!

Frustration at being left out of the loop once again aside, I must congratulate you on this exemplary end to your fanfic, Dark Sage. It was well-written (a few grammatical nitpicks here and there, but meh), suspenseful (we all knew what would happen, but none of us were expecting it to happen that way) and not to mention a wonderful, beautiful hellish paradise for mythology-obsessed little me. The prologue was full of nice little twists, like the Blue-Eyes and such (what? No Shining Dragon? XD), and it wasn't too campy-corny-sappy-annoying... it was just the right amount of campy-corny-sappy-annoying, yessir.

A few other nitpicks, though. First of all, Trisha seemed a bit... too cowardly. I know that the duel was an absolutely terrifying one, and I'm sure she was on edge after feeling the brunt of the attack on Nanobreaker, but still... you'd think she could have had a bit more courage, for her boyfriend if nothing else. Also, when I saw that the name of the card Jason played was "Stigmata", for the space of about two seconds I seriously thought that I was going to see the text "Jesus, attack her directly!" a few inches down the screen. But then I remembered that you said that this wasn't a religious story (of course not); then I remembered that that would be stupid. It was a funny thought, though. I'm still laughing... that sounds so moronic... what the hell is wrong with me, anyway?

I had more to say, but I'll probably have to come back and say it because a recent influx of ideas for some totally awesome thingies has turned my brain on frappé and it's not currently functioning properly. (Hence the embarrassing thought, "Jesus, attack her directly!") I applaud you and Dark Messiah, Brian Corvello. It was a wonderful read, and I'm glad I semi-deprived myself of sleep and homework time to catch up on it in the first place. Not to mention your story has been quite an inspiration for some of my own work... anyway. Well done, Dark Sage. Well done.

...I have to say, I probably will not "be here when your YGO Jr. Jr. fic starts", to put it as starjake did. Only 'cause I haven't read the others and reading that one first will only confuse me, and that's the last thing my malfunctioning brain needs right now. But rest assured, I will dig those out of the archive and read them soon, and I will rush over to your newest ambitious venture as soon as possible.

*giggles* Look, people, I'm sorry if I offended any of you Christians out there, but really... "Jesus, attack her directly!" You can't tell me you don't at least snicker when you see that. Really. Or maybe you just laugh at how incredibly stupid and easily amused I am. That works, too.

note to self: swinub, shuppet, anorith; also note to self, update with José, Pants and Hellbender

plusle f, burmy m

Chairman Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer
    (Donator)

Hey, I'm Catholic, but I'm sure Jesus Christ, the Son of Man, wouldn't mind people poking fun at him. After all, he did take the slings and arrows of the ancients and get executed by them for his "heretic" beliefs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorak
    Ever wonder what it'd be like if a person who could barely speak English were to rom-hack one of the Pokemon games, replace the characters, plot, and Pokemon with ones of his own creation, while at the same time making a terrible mockery of the English language as a whole?

Of course not. Because that'd suck really, really hard. Unfortunately, even though you didn't think about it, this guy did.

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixsong View Post
    "Jesus, attack her directly!"
    Sigged.

As for the story itself... I'm speechless. Honest-to-God speechless.

Best. Ending. Ever.

Congratulations.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

Load the Ojama Cannon Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

I considered not posting a review, but I know I'll regret it if I don't.

The duel itself is definately one of your better final battles. I knew the dragons would show up, but as for the Dark Massiah as a card... I guess it makes sense, but you pulled a similar ending in TYD, so it just didn't have the shock value.

This makes 4 YGO stories in a row with a force of pure darkness as the main villain(ess) I'm kind of wondering if the baddie on our next story will be human.

I liked the battle as a whole, and several parts of the ending, but I can't help but shake the feeling it was a bit too clean. None of the hero's party had any long term consequences. The thought of Jason being blinded for the rest of his life made sense, and I felt a little cheated by the restoration.

All in all, a fine story overall, just a little rough on the edges. But it was a fine learning experience that I'm sure you can take with you on your next project. It will be a treat to get back to the basics.

Keep the good ideas flowing Dark Sage,

Until next story, JKB signing off.
    He was a great author I thought,

But when his fiction was starting to rot,

His friends said, "don't you see,

They're burning you in effigy!"

He declared with a smile, "No they're not!"

Banned

Eric,

The major baddie in the next story will be fully mortal and human. He'll have a few abilities that sets him apart from most humans, but he will defiantely be human. In fact, being human is a main part of what defines him.

What do I mean? Well, you'll see soon enough.

"Yu-Gi-Oh: Third Generation: The Legend of the Sorcerer Kings" will premiere on March 3rd.

Be there.

Geekier-than-thou. Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Wow. I gotta say, I wasn't expecting much from the end. Your fic started great, but it seemed to start declining as it reached the middle-to-end. But then, once it reached the end... Right back up to peak form. I'm amazed. The archdevil cards were a fairly nice touch, though the whole seven deadly sins theme thing is getting rather old.

Though I must say, your epilogue was the best-written part of the entire story. It may be harsh, but I think you write better when you aren't trying to cram in quips and witty lines, and duel moves. I have one complaint with the epilogue itself, and that is Manjoume not knowing what happened to his brothers. He seemed to be fairly cautious of them, at least enough to keep tabs on them.

Also, I look forward to Sorcerer Kings. I'll be reading it when it starts. As an atheist who thoroughly enjoys villains such as the one your preview described, I can't wait to see how he turns out.