Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Kentucky Fried...Combusken?

Student of Activity Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Re: Kentucky Fried...Combusken?

If you were a trainer and pokémon are eaten all over the world, would you manage to eat a pokémon that's on your team? This could be redirected to the real world aswell. If you own a Golden Retriever and you go to China, could you manage to eat a dish that has Golden Retriever meat in it? (I think eating dogs isn't allowed in China but it used to be quiet a delicassy)

How do you deal with unexpected pregnancies?

Is making this place terminal Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Heck, if I was hungry enough I'd eat a Pokemon. Jessie and James and Meowth are hungry all the time- They want Pikacu for the meat by now XD Screw the boss!
    Thank you Saffire Persian. (Complete list coming soon)
    Awards: Contest Ribbons~ Unown Awards ~ Fanfiction Awards
    Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post

...while you sleep.
    ".....Congratulations. You're the KROOOOOOOZE of female weeaboos. -w-;;;" -Blademaster about my Dragonball Z summary of what I know.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer
    A strange and magical frozen land of ice and beer called "Canada"

I honestly don't think it's like the real world at all. Would YOU try to f**k with a fire-breathing chicken? With that said I think they only eat the weak and gangly ones who are dead soon anyway. No wonder all the humans look so skinny and huge-eyed. </rimshot>
    [img][/img]

Mewfour is a Canadian writer and longtime TPM veteran.
    Over his impressive 9-year ficcing career he has won 5
    Silver Pencils and 3 Golden Pen awards, and currently holds
    the record for most times won Most Evil Fanficcer (3)

He's also not above posting stuff about himself in the third person.

Elite Trainer

XD Oh my god! It's true!! And the fat people are the ones who live off of pokemon because every one knows pokemon are 99% fat.

...while you sleep.
    ".....Congratulations. You're the KROOOOOOOZE of female weeaboos. -w-;;;" -Blademaster about my Dragonball Z summary of what I know.

Advanced Trainer

But in the pokéworld they have big robots that can just walk up to the pokémon and just grab it. Most likely it will be fireproof with airconditioning inside. I mean you could also use a net like J&J do alot of times. All pokémon struggle and don't seem to manage to pull of something as a flamethrower.

Elite Trainer

Man, when you think about it, hy don't J and J fry up Meowth and eat him? With soy sause.

...while you sleep.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Well, the way I see it, Meowth's ability to translate Pokemon speech to the human language and vice-versa constitutes the complete extent of the team's unique talents. So without him, they'd really be a bunch of complete losers.

Not to mention that Meowth has claws. Claws can hurt a little when they dig deep into your flesh.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.

Elite Trainer

XD You're right...Hey 0_0, Meowth, do they eat mice pokemon?

...while you sleep.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu
    Well, the way I see it, Meowth's ability to translate Pokemon speech to the human language and vice-versa constitutes the complete extent of the team's unique talents. So without him, they'd really be a bunch of complete losers.
    They're hardly winners WITH him...

If you read through the game text, there are quite a few mentions of wild pokémon preying on each other. There's definitely a circle of life going on out there that the show glosses over a bit.

However... it's also possible that the pokémon raised as farm animals are considered different to the wild ones, as in real life (even if they really aren't, as in real life).

Tropius' bananas are mentioned as edible, I think.
    rinku

The GREEN Pokémon master!

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Yes, I believe Tropius' fruits are even mentioned in one of the new anime episodes as being edible. Presumably the "eating a Pokemon" isn't a problem in that case because it's sort of a regenerating, extra appendage that doesn't kill or hurt Tropius to be removed. When you think about it in that context, Deoxys being blasted was worse.

In general, though, eating part or all of a Pokemon is only referenced in-game. Rattata is apparently the prey of the RBY birds, for instance.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

That there's what we call the food chain.

Still, eating some Pokemon may have been easier than others - could you imagine cavemen trying to catch, kill, and eat an Aerodactyl? That could've been entertaining...

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

Advanced Trainer

I would be more intrested to see how they try to go on a Kabutops. He has swords, they have clubs REALLY fair match-up if you ask me

' 3 ' Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

If they were going to survive, then they'd probably be training some young cub- maybe a Growlithe or Houndour- until they're big enough that they can prey those prehistoric animals.

Or maybe humans don't exist in the same time as the pre-historic Pokemon .
    Please take it easy~

phOEnixsong, not EO, plzthx Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer
    In Phoenixsonglandatopia. You're not invited.

If we want to use a realistic timeline, then no. Aerodactyl (along with the new dinosaurs Zugaidos, Tatetops and whatnot) would have been long before humans... and Kabutops, being a trilobite-type-critter, would have been even earlier. Now, if there was a sabertoothed tiger or woolly mammoth Pokémon, then we can talk caveman food. I guess they might have eaten Swinub/Piloswine/Manmuu, though.

I have an interesting thing to report. People say they've never seen real animals in the anime and such (except for whoever it was that mentioned the dog)... I have. Think back, waaaaay back, to the first-season episode "The Sisters of Cerulean City" (I believe that's what it was called). Misty's sisters do their mermaid act, and afterwards Ash wanders through the basement looking for them so he can challenge them. First he passes a sign with a Magikarp and an arrow on it, pointing to an aquarium... well, he gets to the aquarium, but those swimmy-things in the tank sure ain't Magikarp. Or Goldeen. Or Horsea. Or anything remotely Pokémon-like at all. The entire aquarium contains nothing but normal fish, like angelfish and dolphin fish and what have you. So I think we can safely say that there's a chance their seafood, if nothing else, doesn't have to come from Pokémon.

note to self: swinub, shuppet, anorith; also note to self, update with José, Pants and Hellbender

plusle f, burmy m

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixsong View Post
    If we want to use a realistic timeline, then no. Aerodactyl (along with the new dinosaurs Zugaidos, Tatetops and whatnot) would have been long before humans... and Kabutops, being a trilobite-type-critter, would have been even earlier. Now, if there was a sabertoothed tiger or woolly mammoth Pokémon, then we can talk caveman food. I guess they might have eaten Swinub/Piloswine/Manmuu, though.
    Actually, according to the anime, Aerodactyl, Kabutops, and the like were around only 4 million years ago - ergo, they showed up about the same time as early humans/humanoids, so it is plausible that the two coexisted at some point.

Of course, back then the Aerodactyls and Armaldos were probably the ones doing the hunting...

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

Advanced Trainer

*Imagens pokémon catching humans and bragging that they caught a lvl99 man or woman*

Anyway, another sign that leads to believing that there are real animals in the anime. I think that there were numerous of times where J&J start thinking about stuff as sushi and meals involving meat and I could swear that I heard Ash say that he wanted a hamburger once. They could get that from Tauros but I don't really believe it since the sushi images show a lot of reallife like fishies.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Heck, whenever the gang gets into a town, Ash rants about one of two things: either a Gym battle (or equivalent contest) or a cheeseburger. We've had several debates about that one.

I'd forgotten about the Cerulean City scene, actually. I need to go back and watch it myself, but I'm pretty sure I remember what you're talking about now, Phoenixsong. Weird.

In terms of hunting Kabutops... what would be the point? It certainly doesn't look like you could get good food from it. The only plausible explanation I can think of would be to fashion the scythes into weapons, but it seems a little rash considering the enormous losses they would likely incur in taking out just a single Kabutops.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Me and my friend once made a pokemon restaurant, because we were discussing this topic...we vame up with loads of weird ideas like combusken soup...

maybe on the TV show, they really eat pokemon. It's possible. Though I wouldn't want to eat combusken thighs in soup... T_T||| It's weird, isn't it?