Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: *@* Dragonball SU *@* It Begins

The cult of personality..... Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Re: *@* Dragonball SU *@* It Begins (LSUs welcome!)

Ugh.....forgive me guys. Life has been slightly crazy as of late but now it's time to get back into this. I have an idea and I like Blade's idea of more backup so I think that works best for getting me back in.

Shitagi Summers
    ------
    It was never suppose to be like this.

The Budokai was just suppose to be another chance to test my skills. It wasn't suppose to turn into this. I hadn't even had the chance to step into the ring before it all went to hell. With so much happening in such a short time I experienced something I never felt before.

Pure fear.

It was something I had a little trouble understanding. I was the great grandson of two of the greatest warriors to ever live and I was part Saiyan to boot. Fighting was in my blood. It excited me. Yet here I was frozen in fear. It didn't make sense to me. Could it be that when faced with a true life of death battle that I wasn't ready? Looking around I saw that overall it seemed that everyone else had it under control. Most of the attackers had been defeated so I figured the best thing to do was keep out of the way.

However I wasn't going to be so lucky.

Without warning I felt a sharp pain in my lower back that sent me flying towards the stands. Since I wasn't powered up and I was caught fully off guard I didn't have much time to react. With no time to stop myself I gathered as much ki as I could and managed to throw up a small barrier that would hopefully shield me from the full force of the wall. Overall hitting the wall didn't do much damage to me but the force of impact made me lose my focus and I wound up dropping my barrier. On the other side of the wall was a small tunnel and I wound up going face first through a glass window connected to an inner office. Once again it didn't do too much damage but I did feel a small trickle of blood from a cut above my right eye.

At first I thought of suppressing my power level and playing dead until it was all over but then I thought better of it. I had never run from a fight in my life and I'd be dammed if I was going to start now. Plus if wouldn't do me any good if they suddenly decided to level the place. Leaving my fear aside I powered up and rushed out to come face to face with my attacker. In front of me where I stood before was a female Saiyan with short spiky brown hair dressed in red battle armor. "Well it's good to see you've come to your senses. An easy kill is no fun." Reaching for her scouter she made note of my power level. "Hmm.....just short of 2000. If you give me a good enough fight I just might let you live." I didn't like the sound of that but I wasn't about to let fear control me again. Gathering every bit of power I had left I shouted "Yeah keep talking. I'm not a pushover!" Before I could power up too much more however I sense a strong power coming towards me at high speed. On instinct I quickly turned around and drew my hands back and powered up my best attack.

"KAMEHAMEHA!!!"

Using my own beam to deflect what I thought to be a big attack I was surprised to see it engulf an energy ball and head towards open sky. Suddenly to my right I saw a foot coming towards my face. Ducking quickly I countered my new attacked with a sweap and then proceeded to do several backflips to get out of the way. Once on my feet again I saw another alien joined the Saiyan. This one was a humanoid looking male with light blue skin and white hair. With a smirk I said "Well I guess 2000 must be out of your league if you need help. Two on one is hardly fair odds." While I was trying to act tough I had the horrible feeling I may have been the one outclassed......
    ------

No time to add more. Got to get to work. Real quick Shi is not a coward by nature but he has never faced a battle where losing would mean possible death so he was a little unsure about how to act at first and fearful of the situation.
    TPM's self proclaimed firearms expert, former RPG mod, occassional smartass and all around enigmatic wonder ^_~
    3DS Friend Code: 3196 4256 7846
    XBL: Enigma1985 NYJ
    Steam: enigmaticwonder
    FF.net: https://www.fanfiction.net/~enigmaticwonder85

Stay your blade from the flesh of an innocent.
    Hide in plain sight.
    Never compromise the Brotherhood.
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
    -The Assassin's Creed

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

Plot progression... HO!

Rothax

A massive beam of light fired up into the sky high above the ship, coming from the direction Shimuto had sent his five scouts a little while earlier. The light of the beam filled the portholes of the upper levels of the ship.

Where Tennan could clearly see it.

'What in the name of-'

Before Tennan could complete his thought, the radio at Rothax's command post went off:

"Veia Squad to the ship, come in! Captain, come in! Someone, we've got trouble down here!"

Tennan got up from his post and grabbed the radio.

"Veia, this is Tennan!" he barked. "The Captain and Shimuto aren't here; what's going on down there!?"

"We're in over our heads here, sir!" the voice on the other end shrieked. "Saiyans everywhere, superhuman freaks, Scurufa just got blown to bits, we nee-AAAAAAAAAAAAAAIGH!!!!!"

The line was engulfed by what sounded like a roaring flame, then it went dead; only static remained.

"Veia Squad!?" Tennan yelled, shaking the radio. "VEIA!!"

Tennan slammed the radio down; behind him, the door opened, and Rothax stormed back onto the bridge.

"WHAT IS GOING ON?!?!" he boomed. "What was that power I just felt?! Why are you at my post?!"

"Sir," Tennan yelled, spinning and standing at attention, "the troops we sent after that Namekian just radioed; they're being overwhelmed. There's more Saiyans than we thought, and the humans are putting up more of a fight than we initially anticipated!"

Rothax's eyes glowed; he pulled a phone-like device from his pocket and held it to his ear.

"SHIMUTO!" he barked. "SHIMUTO, COME IN!"

A moment's pause, before Rothax heard the familiar voice of his second-in-command:

"Yes, Rothax, I'm here." he replied, calm as ever. "I just detected a massive surge of energy from-"

"Yes, yes, I know about that!" Rothax interrupted, more than a little annoyed. "Veia Squad just called for backup. Send a second squad down there immediately, and make sure they're strong enough to handle Saiyans!"

A brief pause.

"I'll take care of it, sir." Shimuto replied.

"See that you do. Also, what have you heard from the scouts you sent out?"

"Nothing yet, sir. I'm going after them myself to make sure they get results. If not, I'll discipline them accordingly."

"Sir!"

Rothax turned around, not expecting a voice other than Shimuto's; standing at the entrance to the bridge was one of the grunts, an unconscious human in his arms.

"...Shimuto," Rothax said, his rage barely contained, "continue your assignment. I have my own disciplining to do."

SLAM!

Sparks flew from the radio. On the other side of the terminal, Tennan sighed to himself, knowing he'd have to repair that. Again.

"And what have we got here?" Rothax said, walking up to the grunt and his hostage. "I tell you incompetent worms to bring me a Namekian, and you bring back a measly human...?"

"S-sir, he's not a-"

The grunt was silenced by Rothax's massive claw, which grabbed him by the face. The unconscious human fell to the ground, a wine jug at his waist cracking on impact and spilling the odd fluid on the deck.

"Did I say to speak...?" Rothax snarled.

The grunt twitched and choked, his skull being squeezed painfully hard, his throat pinched just tightly enough for him to take in a few milliliters of air per breath.

"DID I?!"

The grunt tried to shake his head.

"Nnnngro...!" he gurgled.

Rothax's glowing eyes intensified.

"You just spoke again." he hissed.

CRASH!!

The grunt flew into the reinforced steel wall behind Rothax's seat fast enough to leave a 7-inch indentation. Blood spurted from the grunt's mouth, several bones cracking on impact, before he crumpled and fell to the deck.

Rothax marched up to the crippled soldier and stepped on his chest, cracking every rib that wasn't yet broken.

"You have 1 second to tell me why you deserve to live." Rothax snarled. "You failed in battle, you fled your squadron, and you brought me THE WRONG SPECIES."

Rothax pointed at the grunt's face, his finger glowing a dark blue.

"One." Rothax said coldly.

"Nngock..." the grunt sputtered between mouthfuls of blood. "Nnngot... hyooongn..."

"What?!" Rothax barked, lessening the pressure on his quarry's chest a bit.

"Nnnot... hummmmman..."

"The human you brought back to my ship... is not a human." Rothax translated, his anger building again.

"Not... human..." the grunt echoed, wheezing. "Power... strange... Level... under 600... but... killed... Chito... one blast... energy... signa... ture... not... normal... not of... this world..."

"For your sake, you'd better be right." Rothax warned, glancing up at two of the grunts that had returned to the ship earlier. "You two! Get him to the medical bay, and get this human to the observation lab! Now!"

"Yes sir!" both soldiers replied simultaneously, each one grabbing one body and running out of the bridge, a thin trail of the human's broken wine jug dotting the floor behind them...

----------------------------

OK, the excess of troops has been explained, Van is on-board the ship, and if he comes to anytime soon, he has a trail of breadcrumbs (or wine drops, whatever) to help him escape.

NEXT!

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

why wub woo Moderator

Okay, I'm gonna progress it now. Feel free to conclude your own fights or whatever in your own time, but here is what happens next.

---

Zaito Zhin

The invaders had been defeated and calm returned to the stadium. Zaito looked around and observed the damage. The arena had been utterly destroyed, the stands had taken some serious damage and a wind howled through the now empty stadium, the crowd and staff having fled for their lives. All the fighters descended into the crater left by the Saiyan's pod and began looking at each other, waiting for one of the others to make the first move.

"Zaito," Furuto said. Zaito turned around and some of the other fighters turned to look at Furuto. He noticed some of the others had begun to listen, so he began to explain.
    "You people may or may not know who I am, but I am the Guardian of the Earth's personal envoy. He sent me here to observe the Saiyan's pod that landed here, but it was just coincidence those clowns turned up as well."
    "So, who were they? Alien invaders?" Zaito asked, still somewhat puzzled.
    "Yes, and considering their expressed interest in trying to keep both Hammer and myself alive, it is clear what their objective was: the Dragonballs."
    Many ears pricked up at the mere mention of the Dragonballs. Furuto continued,
    "I can only assume their motives are malevolent, but neither Hammer nor myself are the creator of the Dragonballs; the Guardian of the Earth, Naji, is."

Zaito looked around.
    "Say, where is Hammer anyway?"
    One of the other fighters spoke,
    "Hammer left the fight a while ago without anyone noticing, and in case you were wondering, Van Osiku was also taken away by those aliens."
    Furuto frowned.
    "That poses a problem, but there is not much we can do for Van at this moment; his power level has disappeared from my senses. However, for now, my objective seems clear: I must defend the Dragonballs at all cost."
    Retasu chuckled.
    "You? You could barely hold your own in that fight Namek, at least not without that human there to punch holes in your opponent!"
    Zaito frowned at Retasu; these Saiyans seemed to hold other races in less regard to their own, but Zaito had learned much about the arrogance of Saiyans, and how they talk of their Saiyan pride. He wasn't going to speak out against this Saiyan, but some day he would show him the spirit of a true human warrior.

Furuto was not as amused by Retasu's comment as he and some of the other Saiyans were, but he acknowledged its validity.
    "This is why I am asking for help in retrieving the Dragonballs. We may have fended off against this small group, but there could be more powerful ones out there, and as soon as they discover we've fried their friends, we're next on the agenda."

Furuto turned to Shitagi.
    "Shitagi, your family lives at Capsule Corp, right?"
    Shitagi gulped and nodded.
    "I know your company always keeps a Dragonball - the 4-star ball if I remember correctly - as a keepsake, and you also have the only working Dragon radar on the planet. If these aliens have any kind of Dragonball detecting technology, they're going to be led straight to your door-step."
    This news just clicked with Shitagi; he hadn't thought of it before, but it made sense: if these aliens wanted the Dragonballs, they were going to go straight to his doorstep to collect it. Zaito stepped forward towards Shitagi.
    "I'll go with you, if you'd like. If they do send anyone to attack your home, having two fighters would definitely increase the odds in our favour."

Furuto turned to the Saiyans and the other fighters.
    "I'm going to return to the Floating Palace in order to survey the situation; if any of you feel up to the task of defending the Earth, we could greatly use the help."
    Zaito turned to Shitagi and nodded.
    "Are you ready to go?"

---

Shimuto

Shimuto noted Rothax's orders and powered up, taking to the skies in a tremendous blast of energy. He began speeding towards the area where the squad had been sent, only to feel an incoming energy. He slowed down in order to be ready to intercept, and suddenly on the horizon he noticed him; a Namek. Shimuto smiled; this was too good to be true.

Shimuto was waiting, floating in the air as the Namek flew into range and slowed down, eventually stopping about 50 metres away from Shimuto. They both descended to the floor and landed, surrounded by vast miles of plains.
    "So, you're the Namek causing us so much trouble. Tell me, you must be pretty powerful to eliminate Veia Squad all by yourself," Shimuto inquisitively commented. The Namek smiled.
    "Yep, that's me, and if you know what's best, you'd better take your little spaceship and turn around and go home. This planet is defended."
    Pretty big words from such a small, green man, Shimuto thought. Shimuto gave him the once over and nodded. Unlike the grunts that they had brought with them on this mission, he could sense power levels naturally, without the use of scouters; such was a skill he learned before joining this band of pirates, where he noted their key flaws in their designs and as such decided not to abandon his natural skill.

"Listen Namek, I came to this planet to find Dragonballs, not to make idle chit-chat with the local faunae. Any information you could give me about them would be much appreciated; I may even spare your hide on this occasion."
    The Namek smiled and prepared a fighting stance.
    "Sorry pal, I was told never to talk to strangers!"
    And with that the Namek flew towards the seemingly defenceless Shimuto, hand outstretched ready to attack, but the Namek seemingly phased through him. He turned around and saw that Shimuto hadn't moved an inch, but had obviously moved so fast at the last second as to appear stationary.
    "Is that it?" Shimuto commented. The Namek landed, wiped his mouth and smiled.
    "So you're pretty fast, huh? Looks like I'll have to go all-out on you!" and the Namek began powering up. Shimuto looked on, interest, but clearly unimpressed. The Namek finished powering up and flew straight towards him again, except this time Shimuto caught his outstretched hand in his claws and stopped him in his tracks. He began to crush his hand, forcing the Namek to his knees.
    "You took out Veia Squad? No, I don't believe that. Still, I feel I need to get information out of you, so care to cough up about the Dragonballs yet?"
    The Namek looked up at Shimuto and spat at him. Shimuto scowled, threw the Namek up and gave him an almighty upwards kick, sending him hurtling into the sky.

The Namek regained control in the sky and pressed his hands together.
    "This energy attack will be the end of you alien!" and he began charging a powerful energy attack in his hands. Shimuto looked up and nodded, and with great speed launched himself at the unsuspecting Namek, kneeing him at full force in the stomach. The Namek ceased to charge and doubled over, coughing and panting in pain. Shimuto clasped both his hands together to make one single fist and slammed down into the Namek's back, sending him crashing face-first into the Earth. As he tried to get back up, Shimuto landed on him with a powerful knee, right on the spine, sending a scream of agony from the Namek and breaking his back clean in two. He was clearly finished.

Shimuto stepped off the Namek and turned him onto his front, pleased at his handiwork. He opened his mouth,
    "Now Namek, I'm not going to repeat myself, I-"
    A bleeping sound came from his pocket. Shimuto took out his scouter, which acted as a two-way comms device, but he never wore the thing.
    "Shimuto here."
    "Sir! This is Geno Squad! We're in the middle of our reconnoissance mission and we found this village and-"
    "Is this going somewhere? I'm in the middle of something," Shimuto spat back.
    "We found a Dragonball!" replied an excited voice. Shimuto nearly crushed the scouter in his hand in surprise.
    "You had better not be mistaken, or I will not take kindly to this."
    "Sir, we're 99% sure! We found it in some old human's trinket store. It even matches the description: orange orb with six red stars!"
    Shimuto paused and looked down at the Namek, who was clearly in pain but also concerned over a Dragonball being discovered. Shimuto had received express orders not to kill any Nameks, and that is why he hadn't killed this one when they had first met.
    "Stay where you are, I'll meet you at your position."
    Shimuto pocketed his scouter and looked down at the Namek.
    "You're going nowhere with that broken back, but you're not going to die, at least not for at least a day. That should give us enough time to round up the Dragonballs, so I'll be seeing you."
    Shimuto was just about to jet away, before smiling and looking down on the Namek.
    "However, there is one last thing."
    He knelt down and bit straight into the shoulder of the Namek, hard, causing him to yell in pain, and Shimuto drank around a pint of his blood. Shimuto stood up and wiped the blood from his mouth.
    "Mmm...fruity...yet spicy, although somewhat bland. Comparable to the blood of the Whifuzians," and with that he took to the skies, leaving the Namek to writh in pain.
    Last edited by Heald; 31st March 2009 at 07:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Vulpix
    You have turned my vacation thread into a discussion about Heald's balls. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

nananananananana BATFLEA! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Hammer
    ~~~~~

He looked down at the soil below him, stained purple from the blood oozing from his mouth. His head was swirling, dizziness attacking him from the agonizing pain in his body. He had wanted to find more goons, but what he discovered was what he had feared--a destructive force far beyond any of the powers that were back in the arena. An evil so sinister and so strong that it could easily dispose of every living thing on this planet--even its strongest fighters. Hammer was lucky to be alive, but he was overcome with concern for the Dragonballs.

"Damn it." He spat, more blood coming from his throat, "I'm the strongest Namek on this planet, and he incapacitated me as if I was one of those human children. If he were to get his hands on Furuto..."

Hammer stopped and coughed again, rolling back over to face the sky. He lay there, very still, for several minutes. Thoughts of nature passed through his mind. Peaceful thoughts of serenity and calm. These thoughts gave way to visions of his people's past, of the murder and destruction wrought on their planet by Frieza. Every muscle in Hammer's body tensed up, his mind burning with hatred and grief. About an hour had passed since his encounter, and he had finally channeled all the Qi he needed.

"Urgh...uuurrrrrgh...urGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH" Hammer exploded, his entire frame shooting straight like a board. A loud *crrrrrraaaaaaack* emitted from his back, loud enough to be heard by anyone nearby. Hammer's broken spine reformed to its normal state, the shattered vertebrae fully repaired. Breathing heavily from exertion, Hammer continued to lay there, trying to regain his strength. After a while longer, he stood back on his feet. Still a bit woozy from the pain, Hammer collected his focus and looked around. He couldn't sense Shimuto's power nearby, so the town his men were speaking of must have been quite far away. In any case, Hammer could not go off again by himself to challenge the powerful Mizimian. The next time he might not be so lucky as to remain alive.

"I must get help, and I must warn the others at the stadium that there is mischief afoot. We mustn't distract ourselves with petty rivalries or squabbles any longer." Hammer said aloud, powering up and springing into the air. As fast as he could manage, he flew back in the direction of the stadium. Hopefully, the others had finished cleaning up the pawns by now...
    "A closed mouth gathers no feet."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Just Too White & Nerdy Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

@Master Rudy: Since when was there another female Saiyan there other than Retasu and Kura? So far as we all know, none of Rothax's flunkies are Saiyans... That's probably why Heald went ahead with the plot progession, lol.

Kura Satou

A long, drawn out sigh escaped Kura's lips as she looked around the recently demolished stadium. Most of the spectators had already fled (originally from fear of Retasu's threats to kill them...), so the only ones left in the smoldering arena were the fighters that had stayed to battled the alien attackers. The Namek, Furuto, had launched into a speech about the Dragonballs and the desperate need to protect them. He had informed the half-Saiayn boy, Shitagi Summers, that the aliens would likely be zeroing in on his home, Capsule Corp, in order to steal the Dragonball located within. Zaito Zhin had offered to go with Shitagi to Capsule Corp in order to protect it and Furuto left to return to the Floating Palace. Kura was really starting to lose track of the arrivals and departures at this point.

"Seriously... why did I even bother coming?" She muttered to herself, annoyed that she had wasted time and energy for something that proved fruitless in the end (at least for her). She wouldn't even be able to get that prize money now. Plus there hadn't even been any sign of---

But just then a movement off to her left caught her attention. Her head snapped in that direction just in time to see a figure disappearing behind one of the wrecked walls of the arena. She also saw, though maybe she had just imagined it, the briefest glimpse of a tail... Spinak?? Kura quickly moved toward where the figure had been, practically running, ignoring everything else that was going on around her. When she reached it she passed through the hole and found herself on the other side of the wall, looking left and right for any sign of the figure. But alas... she saw nothing. Her fists clenched and unclenched instinctively and she silently cursed herself for not being quick enough. But, she told herself, there was also the possibility of it all being her imagination.

"Kiyabet!" came Retasu's voice from behind her, catching her a bit off guard. Kura spun around and saw the other female Saiyan floating down to land nimbly in front of her.
    "Retasu." Kura responded, more of an acknowledgment than a greeting.
    "I shouldn't be surprised that you made it through this battle, my friend. You are, after all, a Saiyan warrior." Kura felt a small twinge at this statement, but did not show it to Retasu. "I am surprised, however, that these humans were able to hold their own."
    "I have found that human resiliency is quite remarkable, Retasu. I would not underestimate them if I were you." She said this with a small chuckle accompanying it, to show she meant no ill will with the remark. Retasu merely raised an eyebrow, not quite believing her.
    "Anyway, Kiyabet, (Kura made a mental note to remind Retasu to stop calling her that) about the Dragonballs..." Ah yes, the Dragonballs. Kura had heard of the legendary items before, but had never witnessed them herself. She only knew bits and pieces of the legend, but she had never really given them much thought.... at least until now.
    "What about them?" Kura asked. Retasu lowered her voice so that only Kura would hear it.
    "If it is true what they say about them, that they can bring the dead back to life, then I think acquiring them for ourselves would be of great benefit." Kura wondered why Retasu was including her in that statement, but decided to let her continue.

*Tags Asilynne*

**Winner of the "Most Mysterious Character" Award (2009)**
    Sanya Halvacor - Kingdom Heartless

Kuro's quote fav:
    "Take whatever you want, just don't headbutt me." - Bear

Elite Trainer

Well in all fairness Sara I needed someone to fight if I was getting back into this and Heald hasn't complained. Besides I didn't catch the rule that Saiyans had to be either fighting for Earth or fighting for Planet Vegeta. Giving their warrior nature I'd imagine some would be mercs or space pirates fighting for the highest bidder.

In any case.......

Shitagi Summers
    Battle theme
    ------
    Surprisingly the odds of my battle weren't that much against me as I started the fight. However that wasn't exactly a good thing. As I started to trade blows with the Saiyan I noticed to other guy was hanging back. I tried to keep an eye on him but eventually a blow to my face snapped me back to the battle at hand. If I didn't start by focusing on the woman I'd have a big problem. I knew I'd have to worry about the other guy later or hope someone else picked up the slack.

For the most part the female Saiyan I was fighting seemed to be pretty much on par with me but I could tell I had the edge. After a few more moments of blocking and parrying on both our parts I saw my chance. She threw a high punch that I saw coming from a mile away. Sidestepping to my left slightly as I ducked down I countered by driving my left elbow into her stomach. My quick move caught her off guard and fully opened her up. Not wasting any time I quickly brought my left fist up and backhanded her in the nose and followed that with another punch to the gut. At this point my blows were sending her reeling but I didn't stop. This wasn't going to be a fair fight so mercy wasn't an option. Following the body blow I gave her a left hook to the face, quickly spun around and with the extra momentum backhanded her with my right fist. As she doubled over I drew both hands back and then thrust them foward giving her a good ki push towards a wall. Once again wasting very little time I prepared what I hoped to be a finisher. After several quick hand movements I brought my fingers together into a diamond formation.....

"BURNING ATTACK"

The attack hit her hard and destroyed most of her armor leaving her in just black spandex but I knew it didn't kill her. At the very least however she was out cold. With her gone I now turned my attention to the man. I figured he'd be pissed over me putting his partner down but instead he had a big smirk on his face and was clapping mockingly. "Bravo young Saiyan! Zisel is impressed by little Saiyan. You much better than I first think!" He spoke in somewhat broken galactic basic which didn't bother me. Not all aliens that came to Earth spoke it perfectly. What did bother me however was his tone. The was he said it was very unsettling. Not sure where this was going I said to him "Well if that's the case then perhaps you'd be better off leaving Earth then. One way or another your outclassed. That is unless you feel like you can do better than she did." Giving him my own smirk I made a motion with my hand telling him to bring it on. However the alien who I assumed was named Zisel just smiled and said "Zisel have no need to try harder than Kumiko. Child Saiyan has underestimated Kumiko." Zisel's broken words somewhat caught me off guard because before I could process what he said I suddenly got grabbed from behind by the tail and fell to my knees. The female Saiyan I thought I knocked out had this wicked looking smile on her face.

Despite my best efforts to get away it was no use. Kumiko had a very tight grip and wasn't about to let me go so easily. Meanwhile her partner seemed very pleased with himself as he slowly made his way towards me. "As child say two on one is unfair. Zisel and Kumiko are not fair." Bitterly I thought to myself No shit.....grab a demi Saiyan by his tail....real honorable. As he prepped up an attack I fought more but it was no use. With my power drained in this way even the weakest blast could have the potential to be fatal. Suddenly a figure rushed in and kicked Zisel in the stomach. Gavin was now standing over him and in an amused and mocking tone said "Gavin say Zisel's way of talking is getting very annoying. Gavin and Shitagi kick your ass now." On cue the female Saiyan grunted and released me. Turning around I saw Zaito had gotten her off me. Before I could say anything however Gavin got my attention. "SHI! Let's end this now!" Looking back towards him I saw he had Zisel down and was powering up an attack. Without another thought on the matter I took a step back and did the same.

Kaaa....meee....haaa.....meee....HAAAA!!!!

At the same time we both released Kamehameha's at Zisel putting him down for good. While I wasn't happy at the idea of needing to end a life I knew it had to be done. Giving the situation it was something to think about later. Looking back at Zaito I saw that he had finished off the Saiyan as well. Feeling like the danger was over I let my power level drop to normal human levels. While I felt a little worse for wear my injuries for the most part were pretty minor. Nodding at Zaito and then looking back at Gavin I simply said "Thanks guys. I'm not use to having to fight two people at once. I should have been paying better attention."

Before either of them could say anything Furuto had gathered us and started to explain his thoughts on the situation. The moment he mentioned the Dragon Balls my blood ran cold. While there was no indication that these thugs had any type of technology to help them find them I knew it would be foolish to think they wouldn't eventually trace the Four Star Dragon Ball back to my home. While Capsule Corp. itself was pretty well defended in the form of my mother the last thing needed was a fight breaking out in the middle of West City. The stadium may have gotten trashed but by sheer luck the only deaths that occured were the pirates that attacked us. In such a large city there would be no question that innocent people would die. Zaito had already offered to come with me and for that he'd forever have my thanks. But if this one group was a sign of things to come I'd need more than just the two of us. Turning to the whole group I said "For those of you who think you know me I need you guys to listen. I may be related to Goku and Vegeta but I am not them. I'm no hero by any means. I've never had to deal with something this big before. However I'm not too prideful to ask for help. This is my home we're talking about and if it comes down to it myself, Zaito and my mother may not be enough to fight off a large group. If they have some way to track Dragon Balls then it's only a matter of time before West City is in grave danger. Either way the best defense may be to find them first and use them before these pirates can get them. In short I need you guys to help if you can." Looking around the group I tried to see who may have been willing to speak up. In the end I knew I couldn't make them come but the way I saw it we were all involved following this. Even if they didn't come with me and Zaito I was hoping they would at least try to find that odd guy named Van who disappeared. I had a feeling he may have been in trouble. At the very least I was hoping Gavin would come with me but something else caught my eye. Towards the back the female Saiyan that crashed into the ring in her ship was giving me an odd look and looked as if she was about to say something. While her comments earlier about wanting to attack had me worried I knew that some Saiyans spoke big. Hell with Vegeta in my family tree I knew that with full bloods you had to let some things slide. The good news was she fought with us against the pirates so I hoped that was a sign that she wasn't exactly 100% hostile.

However I'd soon find out that her words were going to blow me away......
    ------
    UGH!
    Due to how behind I was writing this was a nightmare! Now it's over at least. In any case if you want to be part of Shitagi's group getting ready to defend West City feel free to speak up! Oh and as a final note.....

TAG BRANDY!!!! (aren't you the popular one!)
    Last edited by Master Rudy; 3rd April 2009 at 03:27 AM.

Advanced Trainer

@Rudy, fair enough, but we BOTH can't tag Asi. LOL.... Or can we? XD

Kuro's quote fav:

Veteran Trainer

Here.

Basawe

Basawe saw himself walking down a long, dark corridor. He was completely bereft of his armor or any other attire. Normally he'd never consider such a thing out of shame over his lack of a tail...

He could hear it so clearly. The scathing laughter and the mocking curses and jeers of his Saiyan brethren... Every last one of them ringing in his ears.

But for once in his life, Basawe didn't hear it. He was focused on something else. Something greater than either them or himself.

He neared the end of the corridor. Before him was a door, a light beyond it pouring through the cracks. Basawe knew what lie beyond that door... And he wanted it. He reached for the handle...

CRASH!

Basawe was blinded by the light as the door shattered into splinters, a massive, fur-covered fist barreling through the doorway and grabbing him. He uttered a shocked cry as the fist yanked him out of the hallway, into the light... He stared into two giant glowing eyes. The laughter and mockery gave way to a deep, primal roar...

"Weakling..." a deep, booming voice growled; the fist squeezed tighter, causing Basawe to yell in pain. He could feel his bones being cracked under the pressure, organs rupturing. The taste of blood filled his mouth, and his vision dimmed to blackness...
    -------------------------------------------
    Basawe's eyes opened; it took a moment for his vision to focus...

He was hunched over on the ground, at the stadium. His last attack must have drained him enough to knock him out for a few moments...

"Hey... Hey sonny, you alright...?"

Basawe blinked and looked up...

...And into the spectacled eyes of Phil Wynder.

"I'll be fine..." Basawe muttered, stepping back up to his feet. "Just... a bit tired..."

"That was quite an attack there, Basa." the old (and slightly banged-up) man said, chuckling and wiping off his glasses again. "Or should I call you Basawe...?"

Basawe looked down.

"Yes... About that..."

"Hey, I'm only joking, kiddo." Phil replied, patting Basawe on the shoulder. "Don't worry. We all have our skeletons in the closet."

"Skeletons...... closet.......?"

Basawe couldn't get Phil to translate the expression for him - he'd already gone to talk to his nephew. That left Basawe to his own devices for a moment.

And that's when he overheard the others. Something about radar... West City... Dragonballs...

...Wait.

Dragonballs?

'The Dragonballs that can grant wishes...?' Basawe thought. 'Is that why so many people have come to this planet? Because the Dragonballs are here?'

Basawe's eyes widened.

"You." he said, walking up to the one that had mentioned West City. "Are you positive that the Dragonballs are on this planet?"

He nodded.

"Yes." The newcomer replied. "One of them is in West City, along with a radar system that can detect the other Dragonballs. I have to defend it."

"WE have to defend it." Zaito corrected him.

Basawe nodded, looking around the destroyed stadium. Despite a hasty evacuation, many bodies littered the bleachers from burns, stray eenrgy blasts, and debris. The humans of this world were so weak...

'I know what it's like being a weakling myself.' Basawe thought. 'Weak, but I fight for my life. I deserve to live. These humans are no different.'

Basawe looked back at Kaito and the other human... Shi-something-or-other, his name was.

'Even if they do need some extra assistance.'

"You're right." Basawe said. "WE have to defend it."

"Does that mean you're coming with us?" Shi asked.

Basawe nodded.

"Yes."

-------------------------------------------

Next.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Elite Trainer

OOC-One brief note.....my character is a half Saiyan. Been in a few RPG's where that mistake was commonly made so I kinda want to nip it in the bud beforehand this time ^_~

~HOPES AND DREAMS~ Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Sorry for the wait, Im finally feeling creative enough to attempt what is almost certain to be a long post -.-() lol Im going to attempt to respond to both tags >.>

~~Retasu~~
    When one door closes...

I listened carefully at what the blue haired half-breed was saying. Something about dragonballs, a wish, a way to track them. Also, that the fighters we had just defeated were possibly after them. A wish...could it be anything? What would one wish for if one had the chance? I was unaccustomed to wishing, I was used to having to make everything happen with my own hands. The concept of possibilities that had once seemed out of my reach was a bit overwhelming.
    What did I want more than anything else? Planet Vegeta united under its true ruler, the former caste system done away with. A better future for my people. Could all these be as simple as a wish? Could all my hard work, taking years of meticulous planning and discrete research really come down to having what I wanted so easily?

Could it all really be just a wish away?

Suddenly a word caught me and dragged me out of my musings. "...related to Goku and Vegeta..." The blue haired boy said. I didnt know who that Goku person was but he was of no importance next to the second name. Vegeta. Could this half breed really have the blood of the Saiyan princes within him? Though it was less than desireable that the great prince had chosen to breed with the weaklings of this planet to birth his heirs, it was still a chance. If he was truely the Prince-Heir, perhaps he was enough to unite the people against the Ninjins. Perhaps with some training he would be ready to prove himself to them, and reclaim his birthright. There was something I had to know first.

The group of half-saiyans and humans in front of me started to behave like they were ready to go somewhere. I could not let this chance slip through my fingers. "Wait." It was a statement, an order, not a question. I saw everyone turn their eyes towards me as I strode forward and grabbed the blue haired boy by the shirt. "Tell me your family line." It was a rude question, you either knew someones family line from their own bragging or you didnt ask. But times didnt call for respect right now. I needed to know, the fate of my mission depended on it.
    The boy blinked, and I released him slightly. "Well...." He began slowly, eyeing me with curiousity and a brief hint of suspicion. "My father was a scientist named Charles Summers and my mother's maiden name is Victoria Son---" I shook him slightly and leaned in closer, my eyes narrowing impatiently. "I am not interested in the family tree of humans. Tell me of your saiyan ancestry. It is diluted but my readings and your tail tell me you have one."
    "Ok ok! Calm down, let me think..." He trailed off looking nervous and thoughtful for a moment. "My grandparents were both half saiyan, my grandfather was Goten Son and my grandmother was Bra Briefs. Goten Son is the son of Goku Son, one of the strongest saiyans of his day." I doubted that, but allowed him to continue. It almost seemed like he was trying to come up with a lie before sighing. "And Bra Briefs was the daughter of......Vegeta."
    The daughter?!
    Disappointment welled up in me. I released him slowly and turned away, my mind racing. I was so close, so close to having found Prince Vegeta's heir. But the descendant of a daughter was useless, the females of the saiyan race were matched to males based on what would be most likely to result in a strong offspring. Thats the way it always has been, and it has resulted in keeping our race strong. If we allowed those who were weak to breed, wed be no better than the billions on this planet who plod through life, weak and frail, and unable to defend themselves from even each other.
    I strode away from the group, not allowing them to see my weakness. There had to be a way. Perhaps Vegeta had had a son as well, and not just a daughter. Perhaps there was still a chance to salvage the mission. Perhaps....

Suddenly I froze in my tracks as a thought occured to me. The Dragonballs. A wish. What if I didnt have to find a descendant after all, what if I could just simply make a wish and have the Great Prince Vegeta alive again, ready to return to his rightful home and restore order. Excitement rose up within me. There would be no way to deny the Great One himself, everyone would fall behind him, and the Ninjins wouldnt stand a chance. It would be so perfect.
    Sensing Kiya's power signature with my scouter I flew towards her, and began telling her of my plans. She listened half interested at first, as if she didnt care about the chance to bring Vegeta back to life. But then slowly she began to get that faraway look, like she had earlier when we talked about her and Kabu escaping. By the time I was done a steely resolve came over her face.
    "Where are these dragonballs located?"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blah sorry about that ending, I forget what Sarah wants to do XD so tag her or anyone else! Btw, Retasu doesnt know that the dragonballs have any certain rules so she doesnt know what shes in for exactly lol

.: Ben + Brandy :.
    .: September 14th 2012 :.

The destroyer of worlds Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Psycho Soldier Gamma
    --------------------------------------------

Their battle with the alien aggressor hadn’t been a long one. Needless to say, he was hopelessly outclassed by the combined skill of the android and the woman. So, rather than take a beating any further, he took off, taking the human Van, who much to Gamma’s surprised had been rendered unconscious, with him. Unfortunately, there wasn’t really much the two could do. They alien had fled with his captive before they could do anything.

Well, with the departure of their target, that left the entire squad either dead or fled. The fighting was over, for now at least.

It was then the mentioning of the legendary Dragon Balls that got Gamma’s attention.

So…that Dragon Balls are their target here…

It didn’t surprise him, not really. From the data he picked up, a good number of threats to the world revolved around those artifacts.

So the Capsule Corporation possessed one huh? Not surprising either, since how much they had been involved with them in the past.

It seemed that their plan was to go to the Capsule Corp headquarters, in order to secure one of the dragonballs.

“Are you going with them?”

Gamma looked over to see the young woman, Sandor, standing next to him. The android simply shook his head.

“They are after the Dragon Balls. It would be in our best interest if we can procure as many as we can before they do so.”

She put her hands on her hips, giving in an incredulous look.

“And how do we do that? Capsule Corp has the only Dragon Radar.” She stated.

This wasn’t exactly true.

“I have a way,” he stated, slowly floating up into the air.

With the knowledge that the Dragon Balls might be an objective to any threat to earth, the military had decided to include a method for finding them into their weapon.

With some help from Capsule Corp., that had managed to obtain some of the technology in order to create a Dragon Radar of their own. Not as sophisticated as the one in Capsule Corp’s possession, able only to track their general location, but it was better than nothing.

And they had installed one within Gamma.

The android looked around, activating the radar with his mind. In his eyes, has was now able to detect traces of the legendary balls’ mystical energies.

“That way,” he stated in a bland voice, pointing to the north east, “A good distance away from here.”

Sandor stared up at him in surprise, but he was already leaving before she could ask what he just did.

“Hey! Wait up!”

I hope you don't mind me giving Gamma a more primitive Dragon Radar.
    I'm in your dimensions, screwing with your reality!

The Crows, just stop the crows Moderator

Sandor Browd
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

As Sandor and Gamma argued over who was going to fight the green skinned alien. He made his move by rushing towards both of them in the cliche fashion but before he could make contact with either one of them, they shot him an evil glance and raised both their right arms and punched him in the face knocking him back.

"God damn it" muttered the alien "Time to get out of here its a little too hot for me" with that the green skinned alien noticed an unconscious Van, ran over to him and picked him up fleeing like the coward he was.

"Bugger" cried out Sandor "The freak got away" but as she looked around the field she noticed that everyone else had already defeated their enemies and were all huddled around each other talking about something qhich she couldn't quite make out. "Great those people just leave use out, what are they talking about anyway?"

"I believe they are talking about gathering the dragon balls, the are going to look for them" replied Gamma.

“Are you going with them?”

“They are after the Dragon Balls. It would be in our best interest if we can procure as many as we can before they do so.”

Sandor looked down at the ground then put on her meanest "I am going to poke holes in your plan" face “And how do we do that? Capsule Corp has the only Dragon Radar.” She stated.

“I have a way,” Gamma replied as he let out a small smirk and began to rise into the air. "As you might have figured I am not a normal human like you I am made of metal, an android created by a military sect built for war. But like any good stratergist would know the Dragonballs are one of the most powerful objects on the entire earth. So they inbuilt a Dragon Ball radar into my systems, though it isn't quite as sophisticated as the one from Capsule Corp but still effective"

"So where is the closest Dragon Ball?" asked Sandor

“That way,” Gamma responded in a very montone voice “A good distance away from here.”

“Hey! Wait up!” screamed Sandor

"What is it?, you can fly can't you?" replied Gamma

"Well of course I can" retorted Sandor "You know, I am not just a normal human either" with that Sandor relaxed her ape like tail and let it hang behind her wiggling with a mind of its own.

"A tail? does that mean your a Saiyan as well?"

"Well not a full Saiyan only half but it gives me the edge I need" laughed Sandor as she jumped into the air and began to fly. "Lets get going then" she added as she zipped past Gamma "We have a long way to go"

"Indeed we do" and with that the two of them sped off into the sky.

~*~*~* Unown Awards *~*~*~
    "Y"earning | "B"anner Guy | "K"urosakura's

Elite Trainer

OOC-No time to post now but for those of you who sometimes lose track of what's going on in multiple storylines I've compiled a list for the heroes as a quick reference ^_~

-Defense of West City/Capsule Corp
    Shitagi
    Zaito
    Basawe

-Hunting DB's
    Retasu and Kura in one group
    Gamma and Sandor in another

-On their own
    Van (captured)
    Hammer (injured, en route to the Budokai arena)

Also Gav has yet to say what route he's going or who he's going to pair up with. In regards to the DB's:

Four Star-Currently at Capsule Corp

Six Star-Captured by Geno Squad
    Unknown Dragon Ball-Being tracked by Gamma

I think that covers everything and everyone for now ^_~

Sorry Rudy, ive been kinda working on something with Asi to break myself back in here (and im gonna rewrite my backstory a little too for this). And apologies to everyone that thought id bailed. This thing kinda got away from me.

Gav
    ----

As everything began to calm down from the fight Gav looked around to take stock of the situation. A number of people were starting to move away now the attack was over. Some more urgently than others. He had regretted not getting involved and helping sooner but he had his priorities. He knew his uncle had been in the arena and his first concern was his safety. He was glad at least that he had managed to get back in time to help Shitagi.

In the aftermath shortly after something had caught his attention. A name, one that was all too familiar to him. Vegeta. One of the female Saiyans, that had started this whole thing was impatiently questioning him about Vegeta. Gavin knew all about Vegeta. His parents had drilled his head about how great he was, and how powerfull his Saiyan heritage was but his brother had always been there to temper their fanaticism with wisdom. His brother had already gone through the same rants that Gavin was subjected to and done his best to find out the facts for himself. When the Saiyan asked about Shitagi's bloodline, Gavin finally understood why his parents had been so impressed when he had defeated Shitage the year before. Any descendant of both the main Saiyan lines on Earth should be very strong, a real 'feather in the cap' for any 'normal' Sayain to defeat. It also meant oddly enough that they were both related.

Now as everyone moved away Gavin felt himself urged forward. Approaching the female who now looked more than a little angry.

"Excuse me?" He asked, his hand on the back of his head not really knowing what to say. "Did I hear you say your looking for Descendants of Vegeta?"

She snapped round and glared at him. "Whats it to you Human?" she spat, making the term Human as much as an insult as she could.

"Im not human, well, not just human. He said ignoring the Insult, she sighed impatiently and glared at him.
    "My name is Gavin Wynder, My family traces back to Vegeta"

"What kind of joke is this?" she glared and pushed a button on the device over her eye. her look was still angry but as the digits scrolled across the small screen her eyes narrowed dangerously.
    "There are traces of Saiyan DNA within you, what are you?"

"Complicated?" he said hopeful she would simply take that answer. "My Father is Goten Wynder, Son of Trunks Briefs and Grandson of Vegeta himself."

Her eyes widened slightly. "You claim to be a descendant of the male bloodline?" she gasped but paused. "Why did the name change." Why is your father Wynder but your Grandfather Briefs?"

"That was my mothers doing." he shrugged. "My parents are both half saiyan but see their human side as a handicap."

She sneered at that and Gavin realised she thought the same way.

"They distanced themselves from the Briefs family in general. Refusing their place in their business empire because it was a human empire. In their words 'Despite the wisdom of Prince Vegeta he should not have allowed his Children to carry this human label"

"Im beginning to like your parents" she laughed though there was no humour in her voice. "And this name, Wynder?" she prompted.

"My mothers Saiyan Grandfather. They took at as their adopted surname."

She paused, thinking over what he had told her, her eyes closed for a second then snapped open, glaring cruelly at him.
    "Preposterous" she declared. "How dare you claim to be of the Royal bloodline when your Saiyan heritage is so masked by this filthy human blood."

"Look i dont know what i am..." began Gavin trying to explain himself and calm her. Truth was noone knew what he was. A Saiyan halfbreed certainly but noone knew how to explain his condition.

"Ill tell you what you are!" she cut him off enraged. "You're a waste of my time!"

Her fist clenched and Gavin took a step back.
    "For your outragous lies and insults against Prince Vegeta i should make you pay!"
    Last edited by Ultimate Charizard; 12th April 2009 at 10:27 PM.

Afterworld ~ Chapter 2 | Blood Bowl ~ Chapter 3
    If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

Veteran Trainer

Much as I'd like to jump in ATM, I don't have much to contribute.

Except this. For the first time in our fair RPG, I give you Rothax.

In living color.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Elite Trainer

((So I've been trying to figure this out. Can Nameks inherently sense the Dragonballs? I need to know for minor character details))
    -Benjamin Franklin

Advanced Trainer

@Bear: I think so, but don't quote me on that.

Backing up a few steps before Gav's post, but I'll get to that too.

Kura:

At first, Retasu's plan held no interest for Kura. She had separated herself from the Saiyan's of her old home world as well as the ones from this world.... and she no longer cared about either.

However, as Retasu continued on about the Dragonballs having the power to grant wishes, and that they could theoretically bring a person back to life, Kura's interest began to peak. 'If I could use one of those wishes....', she thought, trailing off in her own mind.

"Where are these Dragonballs located?" She asked finally, with resolve. Retasu seemed to brighten, figuring Kura had decided to help her resurrect Prince Vegeta after all.
    "I'm not sure, but it appears there is technology on this planet that can track them." She cast a glance over to the large, pink-haired android, who had just taken to the sky with the young half-Saiyan girl in tow. "That...thing seems to possess that technology. I believe it would be in our bet interest to follow them to the Dragonballs. And after they gather them all... we can just take them!"

Kura frowned a little. She didn't very much like the idea of stealing. However...these people were not her friends or her comrades by any means, and she supposed that as long as the alien pirates that were threatening Earth didn't get them first then it wouldn't make much difference. She decided to go along with it.

But before they could go anywhere, they were approached by the human named Gavin (Kura remembered seeing him in the prelims), who revealed to Retasu that he was actually a descendant of Vegeta. This caused an argument to break out between them, and it seemed like Retasu was preparing to fight him. Kura, for one, had had enough of pointless skirmishes. Even though what they did was none of her business, she felt that they would never get anywhere if everyone kept turning on each other. Acting quickly, Kura stepped between the two fighters.

"Stop it. Both of you." she said, calmly but definitively, "This is hardly a productive solution for anybody. Except for maybe those aliens. I'm sure they'd love it if you two took each other out and saved them the trouble."

Kuro's quote fav:

why wub woo Moderator

Bear: I'll allow it, but nowhere near the accuracy of a Dragon Radar, just their general location.
    You have turned my vacation thread into a discussion about Heald's balls. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Elite Trainer

Been meaning to post so here we go!

Shitagi Summers
    Racing against time......
    ------
    "So what is it about these Dragon Balls that make them so special?" Basawe asked me. Zaito also seemed intrested when he said "Yeah I've been meaning to ask you as well. I've heard rumors but never anything solid about them." Currently the three of us were en route to West City and Capsule Corp. At the very least we had to secure the Dragon Radar. Even if the Four Star Dragon Ball fell into the wrong hands we'd at least be able to recover it later. However my two companions were apparently in need of more info. Having been born into both of the major Saiyan bloodlines on Earth I knew all too well what could be done with the Dragon Balls.

As we flew I kept my eyes forward as I explained. "Well in short there's seven Dragon Balls and gathering them grants the person or people who gathered them nearly any wish that they can think of. Or at least originally it was one wish. One of Earth's former Kami's boosted their power to allow for two wishes during one of the times the planet was attacked. However there's much more to it than that." Basawe had his arms crossed as we flew giving him a very serious air but I could see from his eyes when I glanced over that he was considering what I had just said. "I'm guessing it isn't quite as simple as you put it" he replied as he looked towards me. "Also I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that they do have limits." Nodding I told both of them "Yeah that's true. The main limits are that you can't wish death on a person. And while you can bring back the dead you are limited to only bringing back a person who died an unnatural death. Plus that person needs to have died less than a year ago." Zaito was the next to ask a question. "Something I've always wondered Shitagi. Your father died years ago in that accident with the new spacecraft. Why didn't you ever try to bring him back while you were able to?" The question brought back bad memories but it was something I was expecting to have to eventually answer considering what we were talking about. "It wasn't for the fact that I didn't want him back Zaito. Originally my great grandmother created a technology capable of finding them based on the energy they give off. However following all the threats to the Earth over the years she destroyed the plans to the Dragon Radar for fear they may fall into the wrong hands." To make my point I looked to Basawe and said "Imagine if someone such as Frieza got ahole of the radar, found all the Dragon Balls and wish to become immortal." He got what I was saying very quick. In this day and age even if you weren't an Earth both Saiyan it was rare to not know the name Frieza and the crimes he commited against Saiyans in paticular. Frieza was the one who killed all of the Saiyan resistance including King Vegeta and Bardock. Once the deed was done he spread the lie among the Saiyans still loyal to him that the planet was destroyed by a meteor. Frieza figured the Saiyans still on the planet would eventually destroy themselves in the process of fighting to become the new king but eventually one did prevail and those who were not loyal to him eventually found their way to Earth.

However while Zaito seemed confused by the name it wasn't time for a history lesson on the Z Fighters just yet. There was a more pressing matter. "Getting back on the subject at hand. Eventually when Bulma died the ability to make a new radar died with her and as I'm sure you can imagine once the radar itself busted that was it. However about eight months after my dad died we were expanding the labs over at Capsule Corperation. Somehow Bulma had missed one of the blueprints for the radar. Since the tech behind it was really out of date I had to adapt it to newer things that had been invented since she made the original nearly 140 years ago. When I finally finished it I managed to ironicly find the Four Star Ball but when I showed my mother my dreams to get my dad back became shattered. It took me five months to make the new Dragon Radar and as a result I missed the deadline by little more than one month."

With that I got silent not really wanting to speak of it more. Following my recovery of the Dragon Ball both me and my mother thought it would be best to keep the Dragon Radar and the Dragon Ball locked in a hidden lab deep below Capsule Corp. That was were she stored all the technology behind various things introduced to Earth as a result of the Saiyans landing. Scouters, battle armor and blueprints for various ships were the main things down there. In her spare time she tried to improve on those designs while I made the Dragon Radar my own little project.

Eventually we saw West City in the distance but before I could say another word an explosion rocked the city and snapped me out of my train of thought. Soon after two more explosions in other parts of the city confirmed my fears. "Dammit.....they beat us here!" I shouted. Looking around quickly I saw the yellow dome of Capsule Corp and noticed that it had not yet been targeted. Looking at Basawe and Zaito I said "I don't think they know it's there yet but it won't take them long to figure it out if they find out that's a lab. We've got to hurry!"
    ------
    Ok obviously everyone knows the rules relating to the DB's but I kinda needed a scene to explain Shi's background a little more before all hell breaks loose once again. As I've said before he'd be what you'd get if you combined Bulma's brain with the Saiyans natural love for battle ^_~
    Last edited by Master Rudy; 21st April 2009 at 09:37 PM.

why wub woo Moderator

Shimuto

Shimuto landed where Geno Squad were assembled. The town was now deserted, everyone having fled in terror of these invaders. The squad were standing in front of an antiques shop, from which a small billow of smoke was trailing out of the door.
    "I assume you killed the owner," Shimuto growled. The leader of the squad nodded.
    "Yeah, he wouldn't shut the hell up about paying so-"
    Shimuto slapped the guy so hard he fell to the ground, bleeding from his mouth and even spat out a fang or two.
    "You fool! He could have told us where he found it! Where to find more!"
    The squad were looking pretty sheepish, but Shimuto took the Dragonball from the leader, who was busy trying to put his teeth back in his mouth.
    "Still, no point dwelling on the past."
    Shimuto stared deep into the round orange orb. So, there were six more of these things, and Rothax would not rest until he had them all.

"Armak, tell Rothax that we have one of the Dragonballs."
    Armak, the leader, quickly followed this order in a bid to keep what teeth he had left. He hurriedly fiddled with his scouter.
    "Tennan? Get Rothax now...what do you mean he's busy, we-"
    Shimuto shoved Armak away, grabbing his scouter and speaking into it.
    "Tennan, this is Shimuto. We have a Dragonball."
    "Really? Fantastic work Sir, but Rothax is currently with a prisoner...
    A prisoner? Shimuto frowned. Rothax was never one to take prisoners.
    "It's not a Namekian, it is?" Shimuto inquired, wondering if any of the men had picked up that Namekian he had left on the brink of death.
    "No, it was a human, I think. I'll tell Rothax as soon as possible."
    "Tell him we're coming back to the ship. What's the status on the rest of the crew?"
    "Veia Squad has been wiped out, Loma Squad is still scouting the area, however, I sent the Kwali Brothers out to check out an area called West City."
    "Why, pray tell? And why the Kwalis?!"
    "I hacked into this planet's global comms network, they call it the World Wide Web, and a cursory search of the news outlets suggested that a group in West City has had much history with the Dragonballs."
    "I see. And the Kwalis?"
    "Well, considering the sheer strength of these Earthlings, they were the only one capable of holding their own whilst you and Rothax were busy."
    Shimuto turned off communications. Unlike the rest of the crew, the Kwalis were often kept in the brig and mainly only used for menial labour, such as destroying entire cities and small planets. True, they were strong, but they were prone to bouts of insanity and demolition. If they destroy the Dragonball, the group might need to find a new Comms Officer, considering Rothax will be wearing Tennan like a shoe for the rest of his life.

---

Furuto

Furuto was heading back to the Sanctuary when he felt a familiar power signature flying towards him in the opposite direction. He wasn't surprised to see Hammer appear on the horizon, although he was more concerned that Hammer was in no healthy state whatsoever.

"What the hell happened to you?" Furuto asked as Hammer came towards him. Hammer stopped and stared at Furuto.
    "I gotta...warn the others. He-"
    Furuto placed his hand on Hammer's shoulder.
    "Land. Rest. I'll take care of your wounds."
    They landed on the ground and Hammer fell onto his rear, coughed up a bit of blood and then smiled.
    "I'll say one thing...that guy sure could fight, unlike those guys we were dealing with at the stadium."
    Furuto put his hand on Hammer's chest and began healing him, pumping his own energy into Hammer, watching as his wounds began to heal and the blood began to recede.
    "Who, exactly?"
    "This alien...I couldn't even hurt him, he was something powerful, and it seemed like he was taking orders from someone more powerful than him."
    Furuto frowned and looked at a distinct mark on his shoulder.
    "He...bit you?"
    Hammer nodded and put his hand on his shoulder to rub the wound.
    "Yeah, he drank my blood, the freak."

Furuto had finished returning Hammer to full strength, albeit at the cost of much of his own energy.
    "You'd better take care, and you're right, the others must know that we haven't even begun to face the real danger yet."
    "What about you?" Hammer asked.
    "I'm returning to the Sanctuary to collect Senzu beans. There's going to be a lot of fighting ahead of us, and I've got to make sure this planet's defenders are prepared."
    "And the Saiyans?"
    Furuto clenched his jaw.
    "At the moment, they're not the most immediate threat. Just be cautious."

And with that Furuto launched into the sky, heading for the Sanctuary.

Elite Trainer

Hammer
    ~~~~~

As he watched Furuto speed off into the sky, Hammer was left pondering many things. Who were these aliens? Where had they come from? Why were they after the Dragonballs? As thoughts raced through his head, he picked up a pair of life forces entering the region. As he focused his attention in their direction, the power signatures became more clear, and they turned out to be familiar to him. He sensed the power of that little half-Saiyan girl he had been watching earlier, and the other life force was the one that lacked a power signature at all.

"Must be Gamma and Sandor." Hammer said to himself, "I wonder what they're doing out here?"

As they drew closer, Hammer slowly floated upwards in order to intercept them. He reached the altitude they were flying at, and before long they appeared in plain view. They must have seen him too, because they began to slow down. As they finally came to a stop, they both looked at Hammer with puzzled expressions.

"What are you doing out here alone?" Sandor asked in an almost motherly tone.

"While the fighting was going on I sensed a presence much more powerful than those goons in the arena. I came out here to investigate and...well..." Hammer explained, stopping short at the end.

"Got a can of whoop-ass opened on ya?" Sandor finished confidently, crossing her arms.

"Pretty much..." Hammer replied, turning his head a bit.

"You have suffered many injuries. Are you alright?" Gamma chimed in, deadpan as usual.

"Well, I am much better than I was 30 minutes ago. Furuto found me and restored alot of my energy." Hammer said again, turning his attention back to Sandor. "So what are YOU two doing out here?"

Sandor looked at Gamma, then back at Hammer. "Well, we split off from the main group when they went to Capsule Corp. We're looking for the Dragonballs." She explained.

"How? You don't appear to have a scanner..." Hammer questioned, a little confused.

"Well, you see, Gamma here ha--" Sandor began, but paused and looked away, hesitating to reveal Gamma's secret. Hammer blinked slowly, then smiled a little bit.

"I'm sure you're reluctant to trust me after what you witnessed back there. It's understandable, as you know nothing about me. Feel free to keep your friend's secret, I do not mind. Do you know how the Nameks are related to the Dragonballs?" Hammer asked.

"Not really. All I know is you guys' planet was destroyed and now alot of you live here..." Sandor replied, shrugging her shoulders.

"The Nameks are the keepers of the Dragonballs. Our task is to watch over them and the Earth, and protect them from falling into the wrong hands. From the looks of our new visitors, I'd say that responsibility is about to be tested." Hammer said, looking at both of them to see their reaction. They looked at each other, then back at Hammer.

"Alright, I trust you." Sandor said after a brief moment. "Do you know where these Dragonballs are?"

"Well, my race's spiritual connection to the Dragonballs affords us the ability to locate them, but only down to a general area. We cannot pinpoint their location, only Capsule Corp's locator can do that. As far as I know they own the only one in existence..." Hammer explained, Sandor and Gamma nodding in comprehension.

"And that is precisely why the rest of the fighters were going to Capsule Corp. Gamma and I decided that it would be dangerous to let those fiendish creatures get their hands on the Dragonballs, so we set out to find them on our own. They seemed pretty interested in you Nameks too though. Should you really be flying around alone like this?" Sandor asked, her motherly tone returning to her voice.

"Well, my initial intention was to investigate, but after the thrashing I endured I am still a bit weak. Perhaps it would be best if I stuck with you guys for a while." Hammer admitted, looking once again to the both of them for approval.

"I don't mind." Gamma said, almost robotic. "He could be a great help in locating these Dragonballs."

"Alright, then it's the three of us from now on. My name is Sandor Browd. This is Gamma. Pleased to meet you!" Sandor replied in a more perky voice.

"Hammer. I greatly appreciate your aid in this matter. Shall we be off?" Hammer said.

"Agreed." Gamma and Sandor said together, as the three of them burst into auras and sped off to the east.
    -Benjamin Franklin

why wub woo Moderator

Zaito Zhin

The trio of warriors had arrived at the outskirts of West City and it seemed to be in chaos. Smoke was billowing from the far end of the city and where skyscrapers were obviously had meant to stand, the ruined shells of them, only recognisable by upstanding girders, rubble and broken glass, stood instead. People were panicking and trying to escape by either foot or car. The three took a brief moment to take in the environment. Shitagi pointed to the East end of the city, which luckily had not been targeted.
    "That's Capsule Corp. there. It looks like they haven't decided to look here yet. Hopefully we can extract the Dragonball and Dragon Radar before it's too late."
    Zaito and Basawe nodded and they both looked towards the part of the city that was under attack.

"Well, there's two of them. They're not exactly being subtle," Basawe commented. Zaito nodded.
    "They seem pretty powerful...but I'm sure we could handle them for now. Not that we would have much choice anyway," Zaito replied. Zaito then turned to Shitagi and said,
    "The priority is the Dragon Radar. Safeguard that. There's only two of them, so Basawe and I can take them for now."
    Shitagi looked down on the city and nodded.
    "Okay guys, but be careful."
    Basawe smiled.
    "It shouldn't be a problem."
    And with that Shitagi headed towards Capsule Corp and the other two towards the battle.

"Have you seen our Dragonball?" the dumb behemoth spoke up. This ten-foot tall muscular monstrosity was holding a car above a poor human woman as she cowered in terror. He was dressed in alien armour and was orange in colour, with scaly skin and a big round bald head. The woman began screaming for help.
    "Hey Kados, this one won't stop screaming either!" he yelled to the other alien, who looked almost identical, except he had deep blue skin and was stockier than his brother.
    "Don't bother with these earthlings Kamo, they all don't know nothing! Lets just keep blasting until we find it!"
    Kamo, the orange-skinned alien, nodded and looked down at the human.
    "Well thanks for the help lady! Bye!"
    He lifted up his hand, the car held up high, about to smash it down onto the woman, when suddenly a speeding force struck him on his flank, sending him through a series of wrecked buildings and he finally ended up rolling into a pile of rubble, becoming slightly buried. The car was caught by a newcomer, Zaito, who put the car down and helped the woman up. She looked up at him with a look that mixed both awe and terror. He looked at her sternly.
    "Get out of here, it isn't safe. We'll take care of these chumps."
    Basawe landed next to him.
    "Good save, but I don't think you finished him."
    Zaito nodded.
    "Nah, just surprised him."

"Hey, what did you do to my brother!" the blue-skinned alien, Kados, asked as he wandered over to the duo.
    "They're not the sharpest knives in the drawer, huh?" Zaito commented. Basawe smiled.
    "No, but they look pretty tough. This should be an interesting fight."
    Zaito turned to the rubble where Kamo was beginning to recover from.
    "You take the blue guy, I'll take on the orange guy," Zaito said as he began to hover. Basawe readied himself and Zaito blasted off towards Kamo.

---

Okay, Kamo and Kados are both slightly stronger than Basawe and Zaito but they're pretty dumb, imagine Recoome from the Ginyu Force. They'll happily take a blast to the face as they know they'll recover. Needless to say, it won't be an easy fight.

Elite Trainer

BUMP, this was about to be on the second page! Come on people, I've seen you active in other RPGs, now POST! Don't let this wonderful RPG die!
    -Benjamin Franklin

Veteran Trainer

...!

Oh shit. I'M the one holding the RPG up!?

OK, OK... Gimme a day to work on a post and I'll get back to you.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Elite Trainer

First off forgive me if the formatting is odd. This was typed on a PS3's browser with no keyboard. In any event I'm also to blame. Life has been nuts. Bran, Kuro and Bear know why. Some of you others may know some details but I'm not about to get into it. As long as everyone else is still in then so am I if I have a free moment. Doubt I'll be on MSN anytime soon so if anyone wants to chat then drop me a PM ^_~
    TPM's self proclaimed firearms expert, former RPG mod, occassional smartass and all around enigmatic wonder ^_~

Hide in plain sight.
    -The Assassin's Creed

Advanced Trainer

Well... it seems no one else in Kura's group is going to post, so I guess I'll make another post to try and revive this thing. Come on guys, don't let this die, it's starting to get interesting!!

Kura:

At first it seemed that Kura's little speech hadn't had any effect on Retasu or Gavin. They were still staring intently at each other, eyes locked, as if daring the other one to make the first move. A long, drawn-out sigh escaped her lips as she folded her arms across her chest. 'From Planet Vegeta or Planet Earth....all Saiyans are insufferably stubborn. It makes me glad I have disassociated myself from the lot of them.' she thought. She decided that the only way to smooth this situation over was to play to their natural instincts.

"Retasu," she said, directly to the other female Saiyan this time. "Remember that you have a mission." She intentionally put emphasis on that one word, hoping to trigger a reaction. "We have more important things to attend to than meaningless scuffles. You know, the Dragonballs?"

Finally, Retasu shifted her gaze from Gavin to Kura. She could tell by her eyes that she was still not fully placated, but she had at least begun to remember her priorities.

"Hmph... very well. You are right, Kiyabet. I shall leave this disrespectful, lying peon alone for the time being. We'll take care of him later. Once we accomplish our mission he won't much matter anyway."
    'There she goes again, using words like "we" and "our", including me in her own intentions,' Kura thought mournfully. However, she had just prevented a pointless fight so she wasn't about to correct her now.
    Gav rolled his eyes. "Whatever. You're all talk."
    "What?? Say that again!"
    'Oh brother...' Kura quickly grabbed Retasu by the arm and began to lead her away from the arena. "Let's just go."

After a short bit of persuasion the two female Saiyans finally took to the air and the Tenkaichi Budokai arena quickly became a spot in the distance behind them. After they were far enough away, Retasu paused in the air and looked about her, as if searching for something. Kura knew she was trying to pinpoint where Gamma and Sandor had gone, but being that the android had no noticeable power signature and Sandor's energy level was unknown to her, it was taking a bit of concentration. After a few moments she pointed off to the West.
    "That way."
    "Yes. I sense them too. And another familiar energy as well. A Namekian, I believe. He was at the arena when those aliens attacked."
    "Hmm...that could prove useful," Retasu said thoughtfully, "Having a Namek with us could increase our chances of access to the Dragonballs, at least if I remember what that older Namek said correctly."
    "If you say so..." Kura replied, non-chalantly picking a piece of lint off the front of her shirt. Retasu gave her a sideways glance, not bothering to mask her confusion.
    "Kiyabet, you don't seem to be giving this your full attention. In fact, it doesn't seem like you're interested at all."
    "That's because I'm not, really. I'm only concerned with the results of this little venture, and that's getting the wish from the Dragonballs. As for the methods of obtaining the Dragonballs... well, I can't say that I much care how it's done as long as it gets done. I figured I would leave that part to you to dictate."
    "Hm. Fair enough." Retasu replied with a smirk, "However, I must confess, Kiyabet, that you are not quite as I remember you. The Kiyabet that I remember from our home-world was hardly this detached and unenthusiastic. Your former flare seems to have cooled, my friend."

Retasu did not speak in disapproval or anger, but merely as an honest observation. One that Kura herself could not deny.

"I am not the same person as I was back then, Retasu. Since you saw me last I have changed quite a bit. I have had some...alterations in perspective, you might say." Her mind instantly shot back to the events of the past, the shadows of anger and regret haunting her at every turn. "I have also left my Saiyan name behind and adopted an Earth name. I go by Kura Satou now. I apologize for not telling you sooner, but I would appreciate it if you could address me that way from now on." Before she could reply, Kura turn toward the west. "Come. We should hurry if we are to catch up with them." With that, she began to fly again, assuming that Retasu would follow.

That's what I got for now. I shall TAG Asi at this point! XDD
    Last edited by Kuro Espeon; 18th June 2009 at 11:10 PM.

Kuro's quote fav:

Elite Trainer

I say it's high time to kick this back into motion! I've got some ideas floating in my head right now but they need a little work and ironing out. At some point in the next day or two I will post. My main question is who else is with me here?

Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Master Rudy View Post
    My main question is who else is with me here?
    ME!!!
    -Benjamin Franklin

Elite Trainer

I am, and I know Ive been tagged T.T Ill try and get on it tonight before I go into another long week of work XD

Veteran Trainer

I'm still here. Maybe I should post something between Zaito and Basawe and those two alien meatheads in order to get that subplot moving.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Elite Trainer

I think my character is stranded because he's with M_c and elf boy, and both of them appear to be MIA...hopefully they come back so I can post again!
    -Benjamin Franklin

Elite Trainer

~~Retasu~~
    The only constant is Change...

I stared after Kiya...no, Kura for a moment as she flew off, briefly stunned at the revelations she revealed. So much has changed.... the thought drifted through my head. If Kura could change this much in the short time, what could have happened to the Saiyans of this world...? I thought back on how the saiyans here seemed to act, and how there were still so many weak non-saiyans left on this planet. Could it be that they have forgotten the homeworld and the Royal line? Could it be that my mission means nothing here? This last I thought with horror mixed a little with shame. The things I would have done, the things I may still do, for the sake of the mission might end up not mattering even if I do find the Heir. He may not care.

Gritting my teeth I took off after Kura, determined to catch up with her before she got out of sight. I would cross that bridge when I got to it, no use worrying about it before I even find him. And if the dragonballs did what that half saiyan claimed, I might not need to find a descendant. I knew the great Prince Vegeta would still care.

Flying alongside Kura, I glanced over at her with a sober look. "Very well Kura. Reguardless of what name you go by I will always remember you as a great warrior who had my back many times. I dont think this world or anything could change that spirit." It was quiet between us for a few moments, until my scouter began to beep. It wouldn't register the false human, but it did manage to pick up the small half-breed it had with it. But something was different....
    "Another has joined them..." Kura said before I could mention the same thing. I shot a look at her curiously. How did she know, she didnt have a scouter. I was about to ask her, when she stopped short in the air, staring in the direction of the other group. "And if I can sense them, they can probably sense us...."
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

sorry if it sucks but Im trying to get this out there XD

Veteran Trainer

Time to get back in the game... Heald, let's go!

Basawe

The hulking lummox of an alien called Kados and the comparatively small Saiyan called Basawe stared each other down from opposite sides of the wrecked street. Basawe wore a fierce, unhappy expression on his face, which was only amplified by his opponent's vacant stare and big, dumb grin.

"You guys ain't too smart if you wanna fight my brother and me!" Kados boomed, punching the palm of his hand. It sounded like a sledgehammer smashing into a concrete wall.

"Are you certain you wish to debate intellectual capability with someone with a fully functional cerebellum?" Basawe replied.

Kados blinked. "Uhhhh... Yeah! I sure do!"

Basawe sighed. "Can you SPELL 'cerebellum' for me, please?"

"Yep! It's, uh... S... A... ...uh... R...... Hang on, don't tell me! Uh... S-A-R...... um... 6...... B... R-A...... A...... K! ...Uh..."

"S-A-R-6-B-R-A-A-K." Basawe confirmed, nodding. "Congratulations. You're an imbecile."

"That's right I am!" Kados replied proudly, flexing his muscles. "I'm bored now. Oh, hey, do you know anything about Dragonballs?"

"As a matter of fact, I do." Basawe replied.

"Great!" Kados exclaimed. "So tell me about them and I won't have to turn your face into red mush, and everyone will be happy!"

Basawe was tempted to lunge at the alien galoot and blast him in the face point-blank, but he could see how much stronger his opponent was. He'd have to outsmart the big brute...

"Alright." Basawe said, smiling. "But before you can know about the Dragonballs, your fortitude has to be tested. That means that I have to hit you as hard as I can and if you can stay on your feet, then the Dragonballs will see you as being worthy of their power. Understand?"

Kados roared with laughter.

"All I gotta do is take a punch from YOU?" he said, putting his hands on his hips. "That'll be easy as 1-2-7-3! OK, hit me with your best shot!"

"You're absolutely sure?" Basawe said, walking up to the alien until he was only a meter away.

"You bet!" Kados replied, pounding his chest like a gorilla. "Come on, tiny man! Hit me with everything you have!"

Basawe nodded and pulled his fist back. "Alright then! Here it comes!" His eyes closed; his whole body glowed orange, before the aura suddenly surged wholly into his fist.

"BASAWE BLITZ!!!"

WHAM! CRACKLE!

Basawe's fist smashed into Kados' face with all the force of a jet fighter going at Mach 2. The sheer force was enough to displace enough air to shroud both combatants in a massive vortex of dust... and when it cleared...

Kados stood before Basawe, grinning a toothy grin.

"Ha HA!!!" he boomed. "I passed! That was EEEEEEASY! NOW tell me about the Dragonballs!"

Basawe was stunned... He knew this alien was stronger than him. But that punch had all his body's power behind it... And this monstrous moron hadn't even blinked at it!

"Uh... Right... The Dragonballs." Basawe muttered. "OK, you've proven you can know about them... But there's another test you have to pass in order to know WHERE they are."

Kados frowned.

"ANOTHER test? Damn it... OK, but this better be the last one, or else me and my bro are gonna flatten you like a pancake!"

'I REALLY hope Zaito is faring better than I am.' Basawe thought as he lied and tried to keep the monster tame enough to hit him with a stronger attack. He knew that if this next attack didn't put a dent in Kados, the beast wouldn't give him a nanosecond to try and administer a third one.

-------------------------------------

I'm with Basawe... Heald, your guy had better be having more luck against that orange chromedome than mine is...

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

why wub woo Moderator

Zaito Zhin

Zaito took a different approach to Basawe. He wasn't going to let this alien get back on his feet, clearly that being a bad idea. This guy must weigh at least half a tonne, and looked strong enough to annihilate the landscape. As Kamo struggled to his feet, Zaito charged up his energy and headed straight for him.
    "Not on my watch!" Zaito yelled and powering up a fist, he slammed it downwards through Kamo's jaw. Instantly he winced; it felt like punching through a solid layer of lead, and hurt like it too. He decided not to let up, not to give this beast the impression he was weak, and began powering up similarly powerful strikes, driving the alien backwards a few inches with each blow. The alien grunted loudly with each punch, the sound of each strike cracking loudly throughout the devasted streets. After about 20 or so punches, Zaito was beginning to feel the strain.

Zaito began to think to himself,
    Man this guy is made of something much harder than any person I've fought before, this is insane! I gotta finish this quick!

He then stopped attacking and landed in front of the alien and closed his eyes in deep meditation. The alien looked confused at him, then began laughing.
    "Haha! Tired already pinky! Okay then, I hope you're hungry, because here comes a knuckle-sandwich, Kamo-style!"
    Kamo lifted up a huge fist and swung down low like he was wielding a bat to strike Zaito, except his fist just phased through, Zaito disappearing at the last second.
    "Huh?" he expressed, until Zaito reappeared in front of him.
    "Tora Tora Knee!" he yelled, with lightning fast speed and great momentum he struck a powerful knee into Kamo's face, managing to stun the alien and forcing him to stumble backwards. The force of the strike caused all small debris in the area to go flying in the opposite direction. Zaito knew he didn't have much time and he disappeared again, reappearing at the end of the street facing Kamo.
    "He's gonna recover soon, gotta make this fast!" he muttered to himself in a slight panic and he grabbed his right arm with his left up and began charging up much more rapidly than before, his muscles beginning to swell with power. Such was the rate of energy transformation that he began to glow, but his eyes were dead-set on the target ahead of him. He knew he needed to concentrate on this attack and this attack only, nothing else could distract him.

Within a few seconds he had felt he had attained enough energy and he kicked his leg on the pavement below him, causing a crater to form and he shot towards the now recovering Kamo like a bullet, leaving a wake of destruction as the pavement beneath him was ripped up, leaving a track of turned-up earth and debris behind him. He ripped through the street at lightning speed and, bringing his fist back, open his eyes as widely as possible, all colour emptying from them as he charged.
    "ULTIMATE TORA STRIKE!" he yelled, throwing his charged arm forward and planting the most powerful attack he had used to date on the chest of Kamo. The force of the attack reverberated throughout the street, all the intact windows of shops, houses and cars and the bulbs of the streetlamps shattering one after the other.

The pain of using so much energy in such a short space of time suddenly hit Zaito and he fell on one knee, his fist still planted on Kamo's chest. It had barely left an indentation on his skin, let alone penetrating his chest cavity like he was expecting. Zaito looked down on the ground, panting hard, sweat dripping from his forehead. His muscles were in agony, and he knew he was now in trouble.

"Heh heh, not a bad trick Pinky, now I'll show you one of mine!"
    Zaito felt two huge hands wrap themselves around his torso and lift him into the air. He didn't have time to realise his impending doom as Kamo launched towards the nearest skyscraper with the force of a speeding train. They smashed through the first skyscraper, with Zaito being used as a battering ram, as if it wasn't there, although Zaito certainly felt the pain. The second and third skyscrapers behind it also added to Zaito's woes. After erupting from the third skyscraper, Kamo launched Zaito by himself through the fourth one. He smashed through the wall, hit some desks, went through a fan and another wall, finally landing in a copy-room, smashing through half a dozen printers and copiers. He coughed blood and relaxed his muscle and watching as black ink and toner began to flood his clothes.

Zaito hauled himself up and picked up a flip-flop that had fallen off in his entry into this room and scanned the room. The other one had been lost. He sighed and, staring at his blackened hands that were now staining the one flip-flop he had, he tossed it down and made his way back to the hole in the skyscraper he had crashed through in the first place. Holding his ribs with his left arm and letting his exhausted right arm hand, he looked across the city. Kamo had clearly left him for dead, a mistake he was going to have to make him regret, but he looked towards Basawe and noticed Basawe was having similarly bad luck in causing any damage to these brutes. He sighed and fell on his rear and began panting. It was going to be a couple of minutes before he got back into this fight.

The Crows, just stop the crows Moderator

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Sandor

With the new addition of the Namek to their little duo making it a trio they began to think what the best way to gather all the dragonballs up.

"How many other dragonballs are in the area?" asked Sandor

"Only the one I located earlier the other 6 are much further away" replied Gamma in the same drole tone he has been talking in since Sandor met him.

"Ok priorities first then" butted in Hammer "Lets just get this first dragonball and worry about the others later"

"Agreed" responded Gamma and Sandor in unison.

The trio began flying again to the approximate spot where Gamma had located the dragonball. Ending up in the middle of a dense forest the trio looked down at the tree below them.

"Crap" sighed Sandor "What are we going to do now?"

"Start searching for the dragonball I guess" Hammer replied as the 3 fighters flew down to the ground and started searching. Sandor used her braclets once again to create a small energy sword and began to slash through all the small shrubs and long grass trying to clear it away. Suddenly she stopped and looked to the sky, as did Hammer and Gamma did.

"Did you sense it as well?" asked Hammer feeling quite uneasy.

"Yes I do" replied Gamma

"Who are they?" questioned Sandor

"My sensor indicate that it is the 2 saiyan women which interupted the match at the arena before" Gamma droned again.

"Crap what are they doing here?" wondered Sandor again.

"One would assume that they are also in search of the dragonballs for their own purposes" answered Hammer.

"Hey Half-Breed" shouted one of the Saiyan's "Show yourself"

"No" shouted Sandor "You show yourself"

"My patience is running thin" replied the saiyan woman.

"What should we do" Sandor whispered

"I think we should remain hidden" responded Gamma

"This is getting us no where" yelled the other saiyan women in a rash tone. With that she fired a small energy blast which impacted the ground and created a perfect half sphere whole in the ground.

"Ok ok, no need for violence we are coming out" cried Sandor. With that the trio rose out of the forest canopy and met face to face with the duo of female saiyan's.

"So what do you want?" inquired Hammer. "And who are you?"

"We are on the same errand as you, to collect the dragonballs" replied one of the saiyan's "As for our names, I am Kura and this is Retasu"

"Well if your looking for a dragonball it isn't here" Sandor muttered.

"Then why are you here?" questioned Retasu.

"Because we uhh" stuttered Sandor

"Thought so" laughed Retasu "Well lets get to finding this dragonball then"

"Go ahead" smirked Hammer "There is at least 1 square mile of forest that it could be in"

"Namek, one question. How durable are these dragonballs?" asked Kiyabet.

"Well they are indestructable but how is that going to help?" replied Hammer.

"Just sit back and watch" laughed Retasu. With that she gathered up a quite large ball of energy in the palm of her hands and then fired it at the ground below creating a massive crater beneath them obliterating the forest. After the smoke had cleared right at the center of this crater was a small orange ball with 2 shining stars on it.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Tag someone

~*~*~* Unown Awards *~*~*~
    "Y"earning | "B"anner Guy | "K"urosakura's

Elite Trainer

Hammer ~ Forest (not anymore) with Sandor, Gamma, Kura, and Retasu
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Before he could stop her, Retasu fired an energy ball into what was a lush and expansive forest. In moments it was all gone, leaving a barren, smoking crater in its place. The glint of the Two Star Dragonball became apparent at its center, but Hammer was not pleased.

"Was that really necessary?" Hammer asked in his usual soft-spoken tone, "There were lots of animals and vegetation down there that could have been spared..."

Retasu looked over at Hammer and grinned.

"Oh please, don't be so sentimental. This is what happens to anything that gets in my way." Retasu stated firmly, placing her hands on her hips.

"So you would even slaughter humans if they were obstructing your view?" Hammer asked again, more assertively this time.

"Of course! Those weaklings don't deserve this lovely planet they've got. They take it for granted!" Retasu answered again, unremorseful. Hammer shook his head sadly and looked back down at the crater. He was about to float down to grab the Dragonball when something in the distance caught his attention. Four large power levels, fluctuating wildly as if they were doing battle. He could sense that two of them were distinctly above the other two, and the smaller two levels seemed to be slowly draining. Hammer could not distinguish the race of the life forms, but he had a terrible feeling about it.

"Someone is fighting over there." Hammer said aloud to the group, pointing off to the west.

"There are four of them," Gamma concurred, "a Saiyan, a Human, and two beings of a race I do not have data on." Hammer looked at Gamma with a bit of surprise, along with the rest of the group.

"How can you tell from this far away? I can barely sense the differences in their levels at all." Sandor piped up, perplexed.

"...My censors are very powerful, they are not limited to life on this planet." Gamma replied. The rest of the group was a little stunned. After a few moments Hammer spoke up.

"So, where are they exactly?"

"Kuma City, in Sector H-57." Gamma deduced.

"Well I'm going to go check it out. I have a feeling someone we know is getting a beating." Hammer said, taking off into the air.

"I'm going too. Gamma said there's a Saiyan over there and I want to see who it is!" Sandor said as well, taking off after Hammer. Gamma said nothing but quietly followed Sandor, leaving Kura and Retasu.

"So, what are YOU going to do?" Retasu asked Kura.

"I'm just going to see how the story unfolds." Kura replied with a smirk.

"Hehe, I like it. Let's go!" Retasu jetted back, preparing to take off.

"Not yet. Let's grab the Dragonball first." Kura said mischievously, floating down toward the center of the crater.

((Sweet! Looks like we're finally moving again ))
    -Benjamin Franklin

Elite Trainer

OOC-Quick correction James. It's West City near Capsule Corp. In any case I'm a little busy right now but I will see about getting a post up sometime tonight ^_~

Hide in plain sight.
    -The Assassin's Creed

Elite Trainer

((Sorry I just made up a city and sector))
    -Benjamin Franklin

Veteran Trainer

Awww, yeah, I'm feeling it now! We're back in this, baby!

Basawe

"BASAWE BEAM!!!!!"

An immense beam of light slammed into Kados, detonating with all the power of a minature atomic bomb. Basawe stood with his hands out, panting from the exertion of pouring out all his energy into another attack so quickly. When the smoke cleared...

There he was. Kados, a bit scuffed and burnt in spots, but otherwise none the worse than before.

"Nice shot, little guy." Kados said with a grin, wisps of smoke escaping from between his teeth. "But I'm still on my feet. Now..."

He grabbed Basawe in his massive hands.

"Tell me where the Dragonballs are, or else!"

"OK, OK!" Basawe yelped, the huge hands squeezing his ribcage dangerously hard. "Get your brother down here so I can tell you both at the same time!"

Kados dropped Basawe like a ragdoll.

Then, he stepped on the poor Saiyan.

"KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!"

If any windows, streetlights, or drinking glasses in the area remained intact from Zaito's incredible attack, Kados's booming voicesurely put them out of their misery with his supersonic voice. Basawe barely managed to cover his ears in time to save them from any permanent damage, and even then he could still feel a small trickle of blood coming out of one of them.

A few seconds later, Kamo crash-landed not twenty feet away, his broad feet leaving huge holes in the asphalt.

"What's up, brother?" he asked, not seeming to notice what Kados was standing on.

Until Kados stepped aside and picked Basawe up by his leg.

"This guy made me take a test to find out where the Dragonballs are!" Kados explained proudly. "And I passed! So now he's gonna tell us!"

Kamo grinned.

"Great work, bro!" he applauded, grabbing Basawe and setting him on his feet. "OK, test man, tell us where the Dragonballs are! Before we beat the answer outta you!"

Basawe had to make up something and fast or these lumbering oafs would tear him limb from limb.

Just then, as though through a miracle, something exploded far in the distance. A great dome of energy blanketed a vast expanse somewhere beyond the forest, then vanished... Basawe instantly recognized the power source on his scouter.

'Retasu...'

"What was that?!" Kados barked. "Did we do that, Kamo?"

"I was just gonna ask you that."

Basawe looked at the two aliens, then off into the distance.

A cold smile crossed his face.

"It was the Dragonballs!" he cried, feigning worry as best as he could. "That was the shrine where one of them was kept! Someone else must be after them!"

"WHAT!??!!" Kamo barked.

"Oh, no! What if they broke it!?" Kados added, wringing his hands with worry.

"Then WE break THEM!" Kamo replied, jetting into the air towards the explosion. "Come on, bro!"

"Yes, go and save the Dragonball!" Basawe urged. "Hurry, before it's too late!"

"Uh, yeah!" Kados replied, zooming after his brother. "Right, OK! They'll regret messing with the Kwali brothers! AHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

As the duo vanished from sight, Basawe turned his scouter towards the city, looking for Zaito. He finally located the human in a tall building that seemed to have a huge hole in the side of it - a hole made by his body slamming through it.

"Zaito, are you alright?" he asked the battered fighter. "I got rid of those two idiots."

Zaito just glared at Basawe, holding his black-and-red-stained shoulder.

"...What's wrong?" Basawe asked.

---------------------------------------

Self-imposed rule: No playing other characters for me. I assumed Zaito would be pissed that Basawe let the brothers get away, that he was a coward, that he let them go after their 'colleagues,' etc..

Tag to Heald.
    Last edited by Blademaster; 18th July 2009 at 09:58 PM.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Gav
    ----

He watched as the two women flew off into the distance. He had always assumed his parents were just arrogant but apparently being plain rude was a Saiyan trait. For a moment he was tempted to follow them but something he had overheard made him pause. Just a single word in fact. Dragonball.

He turned and began jogging in the direction of his home villiage, soon picking up speed and tearing across the countryside at speeds comparable to those that had taken to the air ealier and quickly covered the miles. He still wasnt sure why he hadnt mastered flight, a skill most, even humans, found quite simple he just knew that it was safer for him to stick to the floor. The further he travelled the more he thought that word over in his head, becoming more and more convinced that his hunch was right and as he finally approached the small villiage that was his home he was certain.

Although he had never heard the term before something from his childhood came to mind. In the villiage where he grew up stood a shrine, and in that shrine was the form of a writhing dragon, hewn from the stone found in the local mountains some 40 years ago. Rhumour has it that when the stone block was worked on by the sculptor he uncovered a small Orb buried in the rock. Rather than remove it he chose to fashion the sculpture around it and that same Orb now rested upon the head of the Dragon, forming a third, central eye which watched over the villiage. Noone had ever worked out what the Orb was made from, at first it was said to have been a lifeless amber colour but as the years passed it began to grow more vibrant untill it shone a fierce Orange.

It now shone with that same vibrant colour as he slowed, coming to a jog as he entered the outer gates and made his way into the cental square, skipping up the last few steps to stand before the Dragon. He stood staring at the orb a few seconds, its star shaped pupil staring back at him and he sighed the word again. Dragonball!

"How right you are" spoke a deep, but proper voice from behind and he span quickly.

Stood before him were two figures. Both were tall and wearing Saiyan armour but each wore what appeared to resemble a Trenchcoat over the top. The slightly taller of the two was quite lean, borderline plain skinny and his Skin was deathly pale. This was Contrasted by the deep black of his trenchcoat and the vision in monochrome was only broken by the great crest of bright orange hair fashioned into a rough mohawk that sat lopsided on his head. He wore the grin of a lunatic on his angular face with long pointed nose which Gavin thought reminded him of some predatory bird.

"E's a clever one aint he!" he chuckled, his voice matching his Grin. "But not as clever as us two, aint that right Mr. Whyte?"

His companion nodded. Though slightly shorter this one was much stockier and Gavin got the impression that his coat barely held under the stress from ropes of muscle beneath. This one seemed much more controlled, even snooty and Gavin was beginning to feel uncomfortable with this creature looking along the length of its stubby nose at him. Its skin was much Darker, borderline black while its eyes shone a deep red. The only thing that broke up its outline was the visible plates of Saiyan armour beneath the coat.

"Quite right Mr Blaque" it spoke and Gavin knew this was the one that spoke first. "It seems the vast majority of this planets population appear quite ignorant of the Dragonballs existence however i summised that should we follow a suitable target, in this case one of the stronger fighters this planet has to offer like our friend here, then we would greatly increase our chances of success"

"Worked like a charm" exclaimed the first one, nodding so hard Gavin half expected his mohawk to fall off.

"Blacque and Whyte?" Gavin asked, his eyebrow raised in question. "Your kidding right?"

The Stockier Mr Whyte cocked his head in puzzlement while Blaque simply stopped nodding and looked at his companion.

"Why on earth does everyone keep saying that Mr Whyte?" he asked scratching his head in genuine contemplation.

Mr Whyte simple shrugged and smiled at his friend. "I dont have the foggiest Mr Blaque, but perhaps thats a query for later, for now we should collect the Dragonball and be on our way"

The two stepped forward and Gavin stepped towards them.

"Oh come now" said Whyte as he saw Gav move. "There really is no need for an altercation" Blaque simply giggled to himself.

"You want the Dragonball, you have to go through me" said Gav, hoping he really could stop them.

Whyte sighed and looked at Blaque who had finally stopped giggling, his face suddenly becoming deadly serious.

"Thats kinda the idea mate!"

----------------------------------------------------------
    I dont want anyone to step in here, im pausing this here to break it up a lil, i may edit in the next part after this or, if theres been posts ill post the second part later on.

Afterworld ~ Chapter 2 | Blood Bowl ~ Chapter 3
    If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2