Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: «GAME» Goldenrod Tower V.40

Dragon Tamer Administrator
    Administrator
    34.625 S, 58.50595 W (Buenos Aires, Argentina)

Default Re: «GAME» Goldenrod Tower V.40

Alex: if you want, I can trade your Splash TM for my Kinesis TM. Now since I'm back from my vacation I'll take advantage of the poll system to talk about it.

(31/12) When was the last time you went on vacation? Where did you go? What did you do? Did you enjoy it?
    In my case it was on Sunday, I came back last night. I went to Ushuaia, the capital of Tierra del Fuego, and also the southernmost city in Argentina and probably in the world (unless Puerto Williams in Chile has already reached city status, I'm not sure about that). It was great. None of the problems Buenos Aires is having: there was cool weather, no power outages, ATMs had money in them and gas stations had enough fuel for everyone. But what I really enjoyed were the landscapes. I went to the natural reserve and the Martial glacier, and the sights in both places were breathtaking. I also visited several museums and went to Martillo island to see the penguins (which were adorable). I wish I could go there more often.

2 MGs, please.

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),
    Everyone wins (2011), Tea, World traveler (2012), Busy, Patient (2013),
    Durga, Firefox, Twenty Thousand Hidden Posts (2014), Helpful (2015),
    Active, Discord, Letter, Unown Awards 2019 (2019).

Don't forget to visit the Dragon's Guild and Dragon Tamers site.
    ✭Ask me about AC/CC. Adopt a pokemon and Join!✭

The hair trigger is back! Moderator

Gabi: Green MGCoin, Lunar Gem

(31/12) When was the last time you went on vacation? Where did you go? What did you do? Did you enjoy it?

Well, finding time for a vacation has been rather hard, hmm...the last time I went on vacation I think *may* have been one to Nova Scotia...I honestly cannot remember much about it, but I think it might have been for a funeral (I unfortunately, haven't taken a real vacation from my home province in years; previous trips away from my home province were mainly for appointments). I mean, there wasn't much to enjoy other than seeing a bunch of distant relatives, but when you're presented with few opportunities to take an actual vacation (and in this case, if it's something that you can't do much of anything about), it's a hard thing to talk about.
    Knight of Time

Legend of Zelda fan for life.

Owner of the Zelda Unown Trophy (2011), the Gamer Unown Trophy (2012), the Hangman Trophy (2014), the Have you played this game? Unown Trophy (2015), and the Hard Worker Trophy (2019)

Discord Handle: Knight of Time#4253

Moderator of GGG since April 2, 2020

Administrator

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that, Kyle. I hope you get to enjoy a real vacation sometime soon. You get a Red MGcoin.

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

I can't say I've been on a vacation since University when I road tripped to Chicago... or last year to Pittsburgh, some of the craziest weekends of my life. Chicago was really a spur of the moment thing, while Pittsburgh was a planned NFL weekend last year... for a real vacay (week long) I have to look way back to when I bussed down to Florida for a week in my 4th year of uni... for spring break, now that was fun... lol

Haha, thanks Gabi for the offer, but I'll find somehow to use that Splash TM... hahahahaha

Alex: 1 Stamp/CCP

Could I possibly have 10 SCs for a Green MGCoin please? I'm going to go for the usual 1, 2, 3 combination.

Edit: Might as well throw in a new poll while I'm thinking of it.

(1/1) What is your favourite comic strip to read (e.g. Garfield, The Born Loser, Beetle Bailey, Bringing Up Father, etc.)? Is there a particular strip of one comic that makes you laugh each time you look at it? If so, what's so funny about it?

For me, definitely the Garfield comic strip. Yes, there is one particular Garfield comic strip that makes me laugh so much each time I look at it, it's the October 20th strip from 2006 where Odie drinks coffee, it's so funny because the coffee has a particular effect on the dog, making his ears curl up and his eyes "bug out" in a way, I can't help it, but the strip is so funny, to not laugh at it is pretty much impossible.
    Last edited by Knight of Time; 1st January 2011 at 01:15 PM.
    Knight of Time

Owner of the Zelda Unown Trophy (2011), the Gamer Unown Trophy (2012), the Hangman Trophy (2014), the Have you played this game? Unown Trophy (2015), and the Hard Worker Trophy (2019)

Administrator

Kyle: SC: 2 Blue MGcoins, 5 Red MGcoins. MG: 1 Stamp/CCP, Hollow Stone.

I would answer the poll but I don't have a favorite comic strip. It's always been hard for me to pick favorites among anything, and I've never gained anything from doing it, so most of the time I don't even try.

Happy 2011, everyone!

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

(1/1) What is your favourite comic strip to read (e.g. Garfield, The Born Loser, Beetle Bailey, Bringing Up Father, etc.)? Is there a particular strip of one comic that makes you laugh each time you look at it? If so, what's so funny about it?

I've always been a fan of garfield, I've always read them when I was a kid, and same for Calvin and Hobbs, but now many ppl know about that one... Its just simplistic humor, always liked it for some reason...

Sending this msg off my phone right now, a happy 2011 to all!i

Administrator

Alex: Red MGcoin.

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Could I please use the Forge to make a Genetic Accelerator? *Hands over 3 Solar Gems, a Hollow Stone and 3 stamps*

Also, I'm handing over 3 MG Coins for my first EMT of the month please!

Alex: 'takes the Stamps, Hollow Stone, and gems, and forges the latter two into a Genetic Accelerator Gene'

For the EMT, you get a Head Smash TM.
    Knight of Time

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Hasn't been a question fora while, so I guess I'll start here. I wanted to answer KOT's poll, but its been past 2 days.

1/9: What goal for 2011 have you set for yourself, in the artistic sense (if any)? Writing a story? Painting a landscape? Performing in a play?

For me, I've finally got down from writing comedy to preforming it. I have started going to open mic's once a week now-and while there's usually hardly anyone there, I find its still difficult to just get up on the stage and say what I've been writing for months now. But I'm gonna stick with it, and see where it leads. Last night wasn't too bad. I actually got the 6 people to listen to my whole set.

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

1/9: What goal for 2011 have you set for yourself, in the artistic sense (if any)? Writing a story? Painting a landscape? Performing in a play?

The only real big goal this year for me is to actually get publishes in a few scientific journals, which has started off well, now just to be peer reviewed... Fingers crossed!

Usertitle ftw Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Last vacation was in Sicily. Hot and pleasant, but I'm not a major fan of italian food. Had some really nice Steak in florence, though (other trip).

I like Kid Paddle, dunno why. It's so lame ^^

Well, I started playing together with a drummer now; so now my mind can finally put some structure into my thoughts and into a song. We'll see where it leads, but I like it. Aside from that, poetry on a monthly basis would be cool; can't promise myself that, though=/ Also, the funny thing is that it's still 8/1 here
    Last edited by MeLoVeGhOsTs; 8th January 2011 at 12:06 PM.

The real Shonta Moderator

DL: Blue MGcoin, Hollow Stone

Alex: Division Gem

MLG: Red MGcoin, 1 Stamp/CCP, Hollow Stone

Well, I guess the last time would be the family reunion a couple years ago. We went to Atlanta and stayed in the Buckhead region of the city (ritzy part). Unfortunately, I had *ahem* stomach troubles the whole time, and I can't enjoy myself if I'm *ahem* stopped up. *blushes* And never try to just drive around while looking for clubs; they come and go like a teleporting Abra.

Garfield, especially when he has to deal with that smartass talking scale. Garfield reminds me of my cynical side. And The Far Side in general. One of my teachers had a 360-day Far Side calendar, and he would let me keep the comics he tore off. I like it because it has humor that geeks can really appreciate.

Keeping myself still long enough to finish writing chapters! Yeesh, I got like ten things coming at me at once and I can only deal with one at a time!
    Random Quote:
    "Well-behaved women seldom make history." ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

My XBox Live gamertag is gleameyes26. Feel free to add me!

Vote for your favorite fanmade video game lyricshere!

Shonta: Solar Gem, 1 Stamp/CCP, Flame Gem

(1/9) What goal for 2011 have you set for yourself, in the artistic sense (if any)? Writing a story? Painting a landscape? Performing in a play?

Hmm, this one is going to be another hard one to answer, right now, I hope to finish my current Battle Range story, I can't think of anything else that I'd call artistic.
    Knight of Time

Kyle: Lunar Gem
    Random Quote:

Administrator

EMT Game!

[TYPE] PSYCHIC
    [BASE PP]
    [BASE DAMAGE]
    [BASE ACCURACY]
    [TARGET]
    [EFFECT]

(1/9) What goal for 2011 have you set for yourself, in the artistic sense (if any)? Writing a story? Painting a landscape? Performing in a play?
    Finishing my Battle Range story for the current scenario first and foremost. Then, if I can find at least one reader, I'll try to finish Quest of Twelve.

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

I'm gonna go with Psycho Cut for the EMT!

I'm guessing Psychic. Also, can I get a game of MP? *hands over coin*
    Random Quote:

I'm going to guess Luster Purge for the EMT.

Shonta: Nidorino, Nuzleaf, Jigglypuff, Gengar, Solrock, Spheal, Swellow, Kadabra, Mew, Magby, Dusknoir, Linoone, Mamoswine, Purugly
    Knight of Time

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

o.O I'm gonna go with Teleport.

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

im guessing psycho boost for the emt

mine is to finish a csi miami fanfiction i've been working on the last two years and already over 150,000 words but the end is in sight....
    Silver Wolf
    Amy's Links

Adoptees, Captees, Expedia, & Plushies
    Recent Success: Christopher Redman (12-16-11)

Got CSI?
    Thanks to froggy_freek at lj for the icon

Amy: 1 Stamp/CCP

My MP: Nidorino, Nuzleaf, Jigglypuff, Gengar, Solrock, Spheal, Swellow, Kadabra, Mew, Magby, Dusknoir, Linoone, Mamoswine, Purugly
    Question #1: Is there an "o" in the Pokemon's name?
    Random Quote:

Shonta: Yes, there is.
    Knight of Time

My MP: Nidorino, Solrock, Swellow, Dusknoir, Linoone, Mamoswine
    Question #2: Did the Pokemon debut in Ruby and Sapphire?
    Random Quote:

Administrator

EMT Game
    [TYPE] PSYCHIC
    [BASE PP] 20
    [BASE DAMAGE]
    [BASE ACCURACY]
    [TARGET]
    [EFFECT]
    Guesses: Psycho Cut, Psychic, Luster Purge, Teleport, Psycho Boost.

(10/1) Which (human) languages can you speak? Are you learning any right now? Do you find it difficult to learn a new language? Would you like to learn another?
    I speak Spanish and English, and I'm learning Mandarin Chinese. I can speak a few words and phrases in other languages, but not enough to have a conversation of any kind. I don't find it particularly hard to learn a new language (uni stuff is harder), but it does take time, so I'm afraid I can't learn more than one at a time. I wish I could learn more. It would be nice to be able to speak and understand many different languages.

2 MGs, please.

Is the EMT Cosmic Power?

Shonta: Yes, it did.

Gabi: Photosynthesis Gem, Gold Berry
    Knight of Time

Administrator

Thanks, Kyle. And wow, you've done it again! The Cosmic Power TM is yours.

Woohoo, lucky me.

I'm going to give Flora the TM since she's the only Pokemon I have that can learn the move.

(10/1) Which (human) languages can you speak? Are you learning any right now? Do you find it difficult to learn a new language? Would you like to learn another?

Well, I'm most fluent in English, but I can speak a small bit of French as well, even though my French isn't that good these days. These days, no, I'm not learning any other languages, but yeah, learning a new language indeed can take time. On the subject of learning another language, that's a tricky one...I'm leaning more toward no thanks, mainly because French can be a hard language to understand and get used to, so for now, I'm just going to stick with English.
    Knight of Time

Administrator

Kyle: Hollow Stone.

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Currently I only know French and English (French being my mother tongue). Can't say I'm learning any right now apart from the little russian I pick up here and there from my bosses at work. I find it pretty difficult to learn a new language these days unless you have a mean to practice it every day, which I unfortunately don't have the chance too right now... Unless I put effort into it, haha... I wouldn't mind learning russian at this point or the dead language of Latin, but yeah, I'll stick with French and English for now.

Alex: 1 Stamp/CCP
    Knight of Time

My MP: Solrock, Swellow, Linoone
    Question #3/Guess: Is the Mystery Pokemon Solrock?
    Random Quote:

Shonta: No it isn't, sorry.
    Knight of Time

Question #4/Guess: Is it Linoone?

Right now, just English. (I'm guessing by "human" you're omitting my knowledge in Klingon. XP) I have a difficulty with speaking Spanish, but reading and translating it is easier. I'm currently learning Japanese. I have a talent of picking up foreign languages, and I would probably learn French or Italian too if I had the time. Unfortunately, my family thinks that I should just pick up languages that I'd need to use in the future (namely Spanish). With my limited funds, I can only afford Japanese at the time.
    Random Quote:

Shonta: Hollow Stone

MP: No, sorry.
    Knight of Time

Administrator

Shonta: if you want to learn Spanish, I'll be glad to help. And there are websites like Livemocha which can help you learn languages for free (it's not the same as attending a course in person, but it helps).

Crap, knew I should've gone with Swellow a couple of guesses ago. I'll go with Swellow and take my Blue MGCoin.

Gabi: *shrugs* I'm not really interested in re-learning Spanish. After I took Intermediate Spanish in my first college and barely getting a "D", it started to rub me the wrong way. I have a Hispanic aunt to help me learn should I ever choose to.
    Random Quote:

Shonta: Yes, it is Swellow. Go ahead and take the Blue MGCoin.
    Knight of Time

Using three of those MGCredits for my first spin of the EMT. That leaves me with three more.
    Random Quote: