Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Get Mew through a glitch. What rock where you under if you didn't know about this?

Banned

Default Get Mew through a glitch. What rock where you under if you didn't know about this?

sorry if this has already been asked but can u still do the trick if you have fought the old man on r8 and the youngster or r24?

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Get Mew through a glitch. What rock where you under if you didn't know about this?

Not for Mew, no. You would have to restart your game.

[COLOR=silver][B]Guardian Lune

[COLOR=gold]
    All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither,
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
    From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
    A light from the shadows shall spring;
    Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
    The crownless again shall be king.

Banned

What's better than legitamitely (sp?) getting a Mew?
    Legitamitely getting TWO Mews!
    I traded my Mew to Crystal, then traded it back - but I used the RBY duplication glitch, so now there's a Mew in both games (I would've just done the easier GS duplication trick, but it doesn't work in Crystal).

Lugia's_Master, it is possible to still get a Mew. Just substitute some other trainer who walks up to you for the Gambler, and Fly away. Now, battle some other trainer that walks up to you and whose Pokemon's Special will get you a Mew. There's also another way: Fight any trainer after you fly away from the original one, and do something involving battling a wild Pokemon with a Ditto that has the Special necessary to get you a Mew.

Misanthropic Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Originally posted by Suicune12
    What's better than legitamitely (sp?) getting a Mew?
    Legitamitely getting TWO Mews!
    I traded my Mew to Crystal, then traded it back - but I used the RBY duplication glitch, so now there's a Mew in both games (I would've just done the easier GS duplication trick, but it doesn't work in Crystal).

Lugia's_Master, it is possible to still get a Mew. Just substitute some other trainer who walks up to you for the Gambler, and Fly away. Now, battle some other trainer that walks up to you and whose Pokemon's Special will get you a Mew. There's also another way: Fight any trainer after you fly away from the original one, and do something involving battling a wild Pokemon with a Ditto that has the Special necessary to get you a Mew.
    If you're going to explain it at all, please explain it in detail rather than giving out small peices of information.

For Real Reals. Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

I too am a happy owner of a new Mew

After playing through for 12 hours I could perform the code and obtain my new Mew (Dawn)

So my Buffy Theme Team is complete

Buffy - Clefable
    Dawn - Mew
    Riley - Growlithe
    Giles - Blastoise
    Willow - Hypno
    Xander - Primape

Huzzah for this code!

Sweet, ive allready captured mew as soon as i had the chance.

Pokemon Yellow team
    Charzard Lv 56
    Venasaur Lv56
    Blastoise Lv56
    Mew Lv 50
    Mewtwo Lv 80
    Primeape Lv 49

Banned

I know it does work... I have been doing it for quite a long time. But did you know that Mew isn't the only thing you will run into? If you fight a different trainer and leave lavender, you will get a different pokemon.....

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Originally posted by SoulBurner
    I know it does work... I have been doing it for quite a long time. But did you know that Mew isn't the only thing you will run into? If you fight a different trainer and leave lavender, you will get a different pokemon.....
    Yeah, that's been mentioned before in this thread, swimming somewhere in the sea of posts.

[COLOR=gold]

Banned

Hmm, can someone give me a link to this code that works? I saw it once a long time ago, but now the link is bad. Must be too old.

Ultimate Virtual Pokémon Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

It's right here in this topic. Go back to page 1 of this topic and start reading; the 'code' (actually a glitch you can exploit if you do it right) is posted in its entirety right on page 1, though it isn't the first post.

Poryhedron's Monotype Challenges
    Winner of the 2007 Pokéhelper Unown Award! Glad I could be of help!
    Pokémon GO: Level 37, Team Mystic

Hmm...

I'm really late...but...It works? lol

Anyway, I tried it on some random trainers, and if you fight the gambler, then go to the Youngster found closest to the top of the route to the right of Vermillion City, you will find a Shellder o_O

Also, for people with Blue version, the gambler closest to the left opening of the same route stated above yields a Growlithe :o

*wanders off*

TPM IRC Chat
    Server: irc.bitsjointirc.net
    Channel: #TPM

Dunno if this was already mentioned, but it seems nintendo caught onto this trick and removed it from Fr/Lg

Ultimate Virtual Pokémon Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

They wouldn't have "removed" it per se. Fire Red/Leaf Green was not created by adjusting Red/Blue; it was built from the ground up. It's a whole new game that happens to be just like the old one in many ways. There's really no reason for any of Red/Blue's numerous glitches, such as Missingno. and the sixth-item duplication, to be in Fire Red/Leaf Green.

Poryhedron's Monotype Challenges
    Winner of the 2007 Pokéhelper Unown Award! Glad I could be of help!
    Pokémon GO: Level 37, Team Mystic

I have tried the Mew code on Team Rocket Rockin's Missingno page, and it does work with that particular trainer, as you will get Mew. However, trying the same code while fighting other trainers, I have gotten Lv. 7 Moltres, Pinsir, Poliwag, Psyduck, Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, Kadabra, Machoke, Drowzee, Omanyte, Electabuzz, Chansey, Growlithe, Venonat, Pidgey, Magmar, Magneton, Ditto, Slowpoke, Dragonite, Mankey, Tentacool, Raticate, Parasect, Mr. Mime, and Seel.

WARNING: on some trainers, if you try the Mew cheat your screen will just go black. You can however undo this by fighting more than one trainer before going back to Lavendar. Different combinations often produce different pokemon.

Banned

Actually, the Pokémon you get to fight is determined by the Special of the last Pokémon you fought before it. Also, it is possible to do this with ANY trainer that sees you the moment they appear onscreen, with ANY escape device (in the area that it works. Escape devices include Dig, Fly, Teleport and Escape Rope) and with ANY trainer that walks to you to fight. You just won't always get Mew ^_^ You'll get other level 7 Pokémon, and their in-game values (not Pokédex values - rather, a weird order the game uses that I'm guessing is the order the Pokémon were created, but I'm probably wrong) correspond to the Special of the last fought Pokémon.

Is this confusing? I'll explain the Gambler/Youngster scenario then. You Fly away from the Gambler and then fight the Youngster. The Youngster's last Pokémon is Slowpoke, whose Special is 21. You then go to Gambler's area (route 8) and Start pops up. You press B and you fight Mew!

Well, Mew happens to be number 21 in the in-game order. The reason you fight Mew instead of, say, Lickitung is that the Special of the last Pokémon you fought (the Slowpoke) is 21, not 11 (which is Lickitung's value).

And Gambler's not the only one you can escape from. In my new Blue version, my team is Wartortle, Gengar, Exeggutor, Clefable and Rhyhorn....and they're levels 9-22 and I'm at Mt. Moon. There's a Rocket there that challenges you the moment he appears on the screen, and I can Escape Rope from him. Since the last Pokémon I'm going to fight (likely a Zubat, Geodude, Paras or Clefairy, unless I somehow don't fight any wild Pokémon) have limited special, I can't yet bust out Mewtwo and own everyone - but I do get a decent range of rare Pokémon including Ivysaur, Exeggutor, Lickitung, Gengar, Nidoqueen and Lapras.

One thing to note is that if Ditto copies you, it gets your Pokémon's Special value, allowing you to control exactly what Pokémon you get. This was mentioned in the Azure Heights topic.

After you lose control of your buttons, you can go back to the area where you escaped from the trainer - but they will not challenge you! In fact, I don't think anything will interact with you in the same area you escaped from. This may be useful for getting by the guard to Saffron early, or doing other stuff that involves getting by trainers or guards.

Here are some Special values for a few Pokémon:

Ivysaur: 9
    Gengar: 14
    Mew: 21
    Blastoise: 28
    Chansey: 40
    Golem: 49
    Magmar: 51
    Electabuzz: 53
    Moltres: 73
    Articuno: 74
    Zapdos: 75
    Eevee: 102
    Flareon: 103
    Jolteon: 104
    Vaporeon: 105
    Machamp: 126
    Mewtwo: 131
    Snorlax: 132
    Alakazam: 149
    Bulbasaur: 153
    Venusaur: 154
    Porygon: 170
    Aerodactyl: 171
    Charmander: 176
    Squirtle: 177
    Charmeleon: 178
    Wartortle: 179
    Charizard: 180

EDIT: someone already explained all this XP So I'm not special...get it? Special? Special? Heh...

I tried the cheat a few times on Blue not Yellow, and... I wound up facing MissingNo once. Interesting. Also, not every poekmon was Lv. 7, I fought Pidgey and Mr. Mime both on 8

Banned

Interesting.

By the way you can get Mew by Teleporting/Flying from the trainer in the grass near Nugget Bridge and fighting the first trainer in Misty's gym. Also, fighting Missigno. allows you to dupe items. Is it possible to do this in Yellow?

EDIT: I was wondering what would happen if you escaped from a trainer in between the time you fight the second trainer and the time you fight the Pokemon with the special. What happened isn't anything special - the same thing happened, but there were two areas instead of one where you could catch the Pokemon. I found a third thing to fight to get Mew - first I escaped from both the trainer near Nugget Bridge and another trainer I found right near Diglett cave (in that area with the gamblers), then I fought the trainer above Vermilion with the single lv. 20 Butterfree. Then I could fight a Chansey (early game Chansey!) and from Chansey I got a Mew! Of course this wouldn't always happen because Chanseys stats can vary.

Yes, some common pokemon including Poliwag that you fish up, Spearow Lv. 7-8, Caterpie Lv. 5, and others have the special value you need to catch Mew (21).

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Hey Ive justr ead this and it looks good, anyone got a video of it. All the old links are dead now!

Please help!

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Kris
    Hey Ive justr ead this and it looks good, anyone got a video of it. All the old links are dead now!

Please help!
    Really? This one's still here:

http://pokedex.kary.ca/catchmew.shtml

[COLOR=gold]

... wow, I must be really late on this subject.

So, all this time, Mew's been capturable in RBY, and it's confirmable, and it's legit (well, not "legit" in a sense that it's "approved" by Nintendo).

... OH MY GOSH I need to dig up my old Red and Blue versions!!! I want to try this.

I guess I'll take a break from my FR/LG duties and go back to the 1st generation for a missed opportunity...

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

i did the trick but now i dont know what to do with it. could somebody post some nice standard mew sets. i know softboiled is pretty obvious. thanks.

Master Trainer

Well there's the old Elemental Mew, pretty much a chansey set
    Soft Boiled, TBolt, Ice Beam, TWave

There's the cheap OHKO set
    TWave, Horn Drill, Fissure, Guillotine]

Hmm, the Hard Hitter set
    Swords Dance, EQuake, Swift, SoftBoiled/Twave

Aslong as you use the good moves, build a set that covers anything you've missed (don't put another elemental attacker in a team full of boltbeamers etc) it should be ok.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

thanks.

Merry X-Mas Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I use Psychic,softboiled,fissure and toxic.

Its quite interesting and funny.
    I need a new signature..

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

The thread title should really be changed from "Mew Code". If sombody who amazingly do not know now that it's possible to obtain mew wouldn't even click on the thread because everybody knows that there's absolutly no code to get mew.
    "Strong pokémon, weak pokémon. That is the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." -Elite Four Karen

4Kids, I hate you for ruining 2 of my favorate shows

Master Trainer

Good idea. Haven't changed a topic here for ages.

Banned

Default Re: Get Mew through a glitch. What rock where you under if you didn't know about this?

Interesting effect...After flying from the Gambler directly to Lavender and immediately returning to route 8 (which had no effect, as far as I could tell), I took the southwest route to route 5 (I think, north of Vermilion) and battled the Bug Catcher.
    I then flew to Saffron and returned to route 8. At the place where the Start menu SHOULD pop up, a blank message box and a Pikachu window(the one that appears when you talk to him) appeared simultaneously. Has this happened to anyone?

(level 7 Grimer, by the way)

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Default Re: Get Mew through a glitch. What rock where you under if you didn't know about this?

Hey this website has pictures and everything. I even caught Mew using the exact instructions! It also has details on catching any pokemon. Mind you, be careful I got a glitchy reaction for trying to catch a random pokemon and it was very weird. Just follow direct instructions. MEW ROCKS!!!

http://pokedex.kary.ca/catchmew.shtml

AaaaaAaaah! The avenged Popefold

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Default Re: Get Mew through a glitch. What rock where you under if you didn't know about

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...n+battle&hl=en

apparently Mew can be caught anywhere. Check out this video

(my first challenge complete)

TERRY's GROUND CHALLENGE 2006- (Monotype Challenge) TPM RBY
    (my 2nd challenge)

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Default Re: Get Mew through a glitch. What rock where you under if you didn't know about

Whoa, cool! I should really experiment with this glitch.
    "Strong pokémon, weak pokémon. That is the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." -Elite Four Karen

4Kids, I hate you for ruining 2 of my favorate shows

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by DaBlackBandit
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-6367567296548624255&q=pokemon+battle&hl=en

apparently Mew can be caught anywhere. Check out this video
    Hmm. I hate to say it, but I'm still hesitant to take this one at face value. Combine the Mew exploit with the overall insanity of Missingno (which, if you noticed, was in the guy's party, along with an affected Pokemon), and crazy things can happen. It's hard to say what other factors may have been involved in making Mew appear in that manner. Furthermore, I wouldn't want to save a game like that, because (obviously) you're carrying a Missingno.

A little troublesome. Cool, yes, but it may not be as simple as it seems.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

you don't need M or Missigno, The glitch worked fine, I used it several times, for Mew, Electabuzz, and Kabuto. That video is misleading.

AaaaaAaaah! The avenged Popefold

SW-2628-7394-6108 Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: Get Mew through a glitch. What rock where you under if you didn't know about this

Not to dig this out of the grave, but I know people actually search around here for this thread, so *bumps*

Nevertheless I finally tried this trick for the first time and, yes, I now have a Mew on my Yellow version! So I have a complete Sailor Moon team, including a Luna! Yay! Now to try to find an Artemis... any way to get a second Mew??
    winner of the (a)ncient (2009), (v)intage, (2009), (v)eteran award (2011), (e)veryone wins! (2011),
    (q)ueenly (2012), (y)ara sofia with Oslo (2012), (l)egalized (2014), (d)ream (2015), (a)ctive (2019), and (e)ighth generation unown awards! thanks TPM!

member since day 1

#OccupyMtMoon
    TPMNoVA12 ~ Hopes and Dreams ~ Team Birdo
    TPMUK12 ~ Drink the Pounds Away ~ Groceries

3DS Code: 3325-3072-6715
    GO Code: 1336-7550-2201
    You Are Awesome.

Cloyster Moderator

Default Re: Get Mew through a glitch. What rock where you under if you didn't know about this

If you have another RBY game, you could do the glitch there then trade. Other than that, I haven't heard of any other trainers that trigger Mew. You might be able to do it through a wild pokemon though.
    Winner of the Unown Awards: 2008 "Hard Work", 2010 "Dedicated", 2012 "Journalist", 2012 "Unown", 2013 "Anchorman", 2014 "Unown", 2015 "Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff!"

Facebook - YouTube - Miiverse
    Diamond: 1418 3196 1413 - SoulSilver: 0217 4582 5426 - White: 1119 9535 7054 - White 2: 1421 4560 4887 - X: same as 3DS
    3DS: 3866 8018 5231 - AIM: IslanderJeff02
    Joined November 8, 2004 - Modded October 24, 2008