Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Get Mew through a glitch. What rock where you under if you didn't know about this?

Banned

Default Get Mew through a glitch. What rock where you under if you didn't know about this?

ok ok I know everyone is going to say you can't get Mew and bash me off, but if anyone got yellow and got free time, could you try this Mew code and see if it works? A Moderator from anther forum said he tried it and it worked for him.
    http://s1.cgi.gamefaqs.com/boards/ge...&topic=7595515 is for the code.

http://www.math.miami.edu/~jam/azure...c;f=7;t=001568 & http://4309.rapidforum.com/topic=101184907700 are both talking about it.

[EDIT]: Here's an easy to read walkthrough, with pictures and stuff: http://white-cat.virtualave.net/pfiles/catchmew.htm

Misanthropic Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Get Mew through a glitch. What rock where you under if you didn't know about this?

No. They are both talking about how rubbish it sounds. Anyone can say "I've got Mew!" or "wow it really works!". I wouldn't beleive a thread of evidence until I saw a real-time video file of it being done. Hard evidence is always needed in these cases, and people who can't back it up or say they don't need to back it up usually have something to hide.

Banned

I know what u mean Razor Leaf, but for some reason, I actually think this 1 might work. Everyone who is saying it doesn't work never even tried it, although I know how fustrating it can be to try it and find out it doesn't work.

Misanthropic Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Well people who veiw this are welcome to try it. I have no intention of doing so, Mew means nothing to me.

But to save looking through those links here's the "code". Not so much a code, more like a task. Similar to Missingno.

Originally posted by TheScythe at GameFAQs Message Boards

If you don't believe me, try it yourself.
    I predict about 99% of the replys to this post will be people who won't even try this, and will just poo-poo it the second they see it. If you bother even TRYING this code, you might actually see that this works. And, please, if your going to start and hate me, only hate me if the code didn't work for you. It should work. No mindless babbling about how I'm a liar. Because I'm not. About this anyway.

================================================== =======

-Make sure you haven't battled the Youngster with a Level 17 Slowpoke, on the way to Bill's house. If you have, the code won't work.

-Also make sure you haven't battled the Gambler with two Poliwags and a Poliwhirl. He is facing the Underground Path toward Celadon city...on Route 8. If you have, the code won't work either.

-You need Fly. (Aka HM02)

-Get some Ultra Balls, and anything else you would use to catch a Level 7 Mew, that only knows Pound.

================================================== =======

Go to the Gambler I talked about before. Save AT the door he is facing. Don't make him battle you. SAVE HERE, this is tricky. Now, step one step towards him, and PRESS START. Really fast. If you did it right, it will pop up, but he won't battle you. (This shouldn't work for any other trainer) Now Fly to Cerulean City.
    [If you've done this right, after you use Fly, he will get the "!" over his head]

Note: You cannot use START, A, or B.

Note: Do NOT save anywhere after this. First of all, you can't save when your buttons don't work. But second, when they work again, saving will ruin the Mew code, and not allow you to get the Mew. Ever. Keep your saved file from before you battled the Gambler.

[If you've done this right, you can't press Start]
    Walk (you can't use start) to the Youngster, and when you battle him, make sure he WALKS TO YOU. Don't go directly in front of him. Beat him, and (now your buttons work) Fly to Lavender Town (Or Saffron City).

[If you've done this right, the Start menu WILL pop up when it should]
    Now if you went to Lavender, go to the left of town, and start to enter that narrow passageway. If you went to Saffron, go right, to where the guard lets you past if you give him a drink. Either way, the Start menu will pop up. Do NOT save here. Press B. Mew will appear. This is your ONLY chance. (unless you go to your save file before the Gambler) Ta-Da...its a Mew.

Banned

sorry I don't know how to make real-time movies, but here's a picture of in the battle, it's all I have.
    If you don't believe me, that's your own choice.
    Most won't take this as conclusive evidence, so I'll take some actual pictures when I do it on my cartridge.

edit: sorry about the typo in the attachment name >_<

[attachment deleted by admin]

Banned

here's another pic, I'll post more in a minute.
    Don't believe it, go ahead, step in front of a trainer from that far, they'll engage you:
    edit:someone tell me how to make a movie, and i'll do it.

Banned

I am actually gonna try this out. PX, Karin, and SoL all know me as a respectable source. I doubt they'd question me if I told them it was true...

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Omfg it works!

Edit: I'll even put it in my sig
    Deprived of a semi-colon.

Hates You Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

That isn't worth the effort. I can easily shark a mew and save time.

Besides, anyone who sees a mew with me as the OT will instantly think its sharked.

Of course, I play Ru/Sa now anyway, so that's another reason why I won't bother with this.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Originally posted by Raz

That isn't worth the effort. I can easily shark a mew and save time.

Besides, anyone who sees a mew with me as the OT will instantly think its sharked.

Of course, I play Ru/Sa now anyway, so that's another reason why I won't bother with this.
    Well it would've been a better breakthrough over four years ago, but its still good. Not everyone has a shark as well.

after all the posts i hear that confirm this glitch/code/whatever, i cant believe that finally after 4 years of false mew codes from noobs, that one of these codes happens to be true. I didn't try it yet, but i will. sigh.. if only i had an emulator that had the ability to make movie files, i'd do it on my rom...

Banned

See, told ya Anyone tried it for red and blue yet?

holy ****!

it DOES work.. i just tried it..

I wouldn't beleive a thread of evidence until I saw a real-time video file of it being done. Hard evidence is always needed in these cases, and people who can't back it up or say they don't need to back it up usually have something to hide.
    worry no more.. i am now in the process of recording evidence.. just give me 10 minutes and i'll post the movie file.

damn it!

the file is too big to upload.. even on e-mail. damn thing is 141 mb

I guess i'll hafta send it through AIM, then..

AIM: "Kari and Mewtwo"

heres proof that i made the video, though (it says its 35 sec, but its much longer than that):

Banned

Yes, it works for Blue, I don't know about Red. Man, this is so awesome.

*Starts to mock Rita Repulsa (from the original power rangers)*

AH!! After 5 years i'm free! Its time to conquer EARTH!! ~Mew

Donator Master Trainer
    Master Trainer
    (Donator)

XD
    Better than any stupid truck thing. If I had time and could be arsed, I'd try this.
    This post was brought to you by the letter V and the number 99

This week I r b mostly playin:

MSN Messenger: the_lezta@hotmail.com

definately alot better than the truck.

oh, btw..

I now have the file zipped and ready to go. GET IT WHILE ITS FRESH!!

http://www.geocities.com/kari_mewtwo2000/MEW.zip

Banned

it really works eh? ill have to get the old Blue version out and check it. maybe get me a shiny ditto while im at it.

well, i guess its safe to say that mew finally can be caught

Banned

Originally posted by Kari & Mewtwo
    definately alot better than the truck.

oh, btw..

I now have the file zipped and ready to go. GET IT WHILE ITS FRESH!!

http://www.geocities.com/kari_mewtwo2000/MEW.zip
    I'm d/ling your movie, no idea why, as I know it works and have done it, but oh well ^_^

i guess you can just use it as evidence to show people that this mew code does work..

Banned

Originally posted by Kari & Mewtwo
    i guess you can just use it as evidence to show people that this mew code does work..
    yeah, but I suppose my Army of Mews would work just as good.
    *hugs dupelication trick of Gold/Silver*

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

I'll have to try that, since I already restarted my Yellow anyway o.o

Dude, I wanna see the video. I got a Mew from the Nintendo Mall tour when they hit Westminster Mall. Anyone going to mirror the video clip? I can try to, hit me up on AIM, it's in my profile.

I Finnished last Moderator

These guys here are also talking about it: http://netti.nic.fi/~womp/cgi-bin/ub...c&f=1&t=000246

Heh heh...watch your language...

Banned

i can't wait to try this. this isn't a glitch, is it? or are you still confirming this? either way, this is so awesome. i can't believe it, but i do...

Banned

Originally posted by Pokemaster BW
    i can't wait to try this. this isn't a glitch, is it? or are you still confirming this? either way, this is so awesome. i can't believe it, but i do...
    It's a glitch as far as I know, a second MissingNo, if you will.
    But it does work.

Wow!

My Mew loving friends will be delighted to hear that. However, I love the pokémon in my Yellow save more than Mew...
    The Quest for the Legends

Chapter seventy-seven, THE END, up!

Also check out the spin-off, Scyther's Story, as well as its sequel, The Fall of a Leader.

Morphic
    Winner of six 2008 Silver Pencils, including Best Fiction Overall and Best Plot
    Now concluded with chapter fourteen!

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

i dont believe this one bit
    "Strong pokémon, weak pokémon. That is the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." -Elite Four Karen

4Kids, I hate you for ruining 2 of my favorate shows

Originally posted by Gnight
    i dont believe this one bit
    Your loss, then. I first saw this and was thinking 'olol joke code', then I tried it (at 3x speed...), and it _worked_. It's the Missingno. trick's second coming or something.

Funny how the most unrealistic code turns out to be the only right one. :O

If my word is not enough for you, I'm not going to bother trying to persuade anybody. It's their loss... I, on the other hand, am going to go catch my Mew now. O_O
    Ellé terats sell jetus sčr ellé matraks dell Teratius, myiell.

Banned

Haven't tried this yet, but this weekend should be a perfect opportunity.

Incidentally.. White Cat has posted a walkthrough complete with screenshots here.. might be nice to have if you find pictures helpful. The video Kari & Mewtwo posted is also good.

My guess is that a programmer snuck this in and then covered it up. It could just be a glitch, but it seems to work in all three versions, and they removed Missingno. for Yellow. How this was discovered is anyone's guess, though. I suppose someone could have stumbled upon it by accident, but this is a pretty complicated thing to just fluke into. Perhaps, as White Cat suggested, somebody at Gamefreak may have leaked it.

Incidentally, if this hasn't been made a sticky topic yet, it needs to be. Not that RBY is active enough to push this down onto the second page or anything, but..

Banned

This is really ****ing awesome. I'm wondering how whoever did find this(scythe said he found it on a website), found it. Seriously. Looking around for glitches such as this seems odd.

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

THIS IS BULL****
    "Strong pokémon, weak pokémon. That is the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." -Elite Four Karen

Originally posted by Gnight
    THIS IS BULL****
    you deny the existence of this code, even with all evidence we have provided/found?

Banned

Funny ****.

Obviously gknight is just acting stupid now on purpose, but in any case at the time when I believed he was acting serious(his first post), it really cracked me up. I'm not sure if I ever saw a post quite as meaningless as that. Haha.

Banned

you kind of realize he's a n00b when you look at his sig's team...

but really, I love this cheat! because of it, I was banned from PokemonElite2000's msg board... no more n00b bashing for me there :'( gosh darnit

and yes, the person who didn't believe me one bit is the Admin XD

http://pokemonelite.proboards5.com/i...num=1051149031

hehe, fun.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Rofl at that link. Gee that's one smart admin

Banned

YAY I caught a Mew after years of waiting!!!
    ~*Huggles Her Mew*~

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

u wish i was a n00b