Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: silly things to be scared of :)

i ♥ f a n f i c f o r u m Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default silly things to be scared of :)

It's so hot. I should sleep with the fan on.

However I don't. And you know why?

Lol. I've convinced myself that if I fall asleep with the fan on, it'll catch on fire and I'll die.

What things are you scared of for no reason?

♥ Funeral for a Friend . Opeth . Faith No More . Dream Theater ♥
    Unown ! Award (2008) for Amazing Comback!
    Unown S Award (2009) for Smile
    2009 Silver Pencils:
    Best Poem (All I Can Say About You) | Best Plot Twist (Full Moon) | Best Contributor | Queen of Fanfic | TPM Addict

Quote Originally Posted by shazza View Post
    Mt. Moon gives me that similar feeling I used to get when I would wake up first thing in the morning as an 11/12 year old and get excited about browsing TPM.

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Default Re: silly things to be scared of :)

I'm always scared of handeling knives, I tend to swing my arms arouond a lot and I think I might kill people.

Cheesecake! Moderator

Jumps of any kind, big or small. I hate doing the because I think I'll screw up and hurt myself.
    Why Linux is better.

Can't live without IRC.

Happy 10 Year Anniversary Mikachu:

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

I'm scared of mice, although I don't think that as weird as your fan fear.

I guess most of my fears go back to social anxiety; like, I have fears of doing practical tasks which I don't have much practice at and childhood memories of fucking it up. Such as using nails or constructing shit like beds and desks; or even climbing fences or trying to open a fence that is complicated, then I fear I'll fail, so I panic, and I hence fail - it's a vicious cycle.

I think I'm delving too much into my subconscious here.

Master Trainer

Yep too much just kidding!

I used to be scared to post in misc. I was 12 at the time and just didn't know what to say.

I used to be scared to talk to people here as well because they were always so much "bigger" (in terms of status, personality etc) but ah. that was a while ago now

2009 Silver Pencils:
    Best Poem (All I Can Say About You) | Best Plot Twist (Full Moon) | Best Contributor | Queen of Fanfic | TPM Addict

Mt. Moon gives me that similar feeling I used to get when I would wake up first thing in the morning as an 11/12 year old and get excited about browsing TPM.

why wub woo Moderator

I'm scared of my friends' parents. Seriously. Mainly because the first time they meet me, I'm usually very drunk, and when I'm very drunk I can be very offensive. So next time when I meet them sober, I'm usually like 'Uh, did I do anything dumb when I was drunk?'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Vulpix
    You have turned my vacation thread into a discussion about Heald's balls. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Master Trainer

How come you meet them when your drunk?

2009 Silver Pencils:

why wub woo Moderator

Because I'm, like, always drunk.

Hello? Alcoholic here?
    You have turned my vacation thread into a discussion about Heald's balls. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Master Trainer

Oh okay. I just had images of them opening their door at midnight and finding you on the front steps, or stumbling over the gate

ah i miss england

2009 Silver Pencils:

The cult of personality..... Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Heald View Post
    Because I'm, like, always drunk.

Hello? Alcoholic here?
    Heh.....Heald should change his user title to either "Alcoholic God" or "The Drunken One"

For me it's bats. I know the fuckers won't hurt me if I don't bother them but still......bat in my house is reason to panic for me :-/
    TPM's self proclaimed firearms expert, former RPG mod, occassional smartass and all around enigmatic wonder ^_~
    3DS Friend Code: 3196 4256 7846
    XBL: Enigma1985 NYJ
    Steam: enigmaticwonder
    FF.net: https://www.fanfiction.net/~enigmaticwonder85

Stay your blade from the flesh of an innocent.
    Hide in plain sight.
    Never compromise the Brotherhood.
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
    -The Assassin's Creed

nananananananana BATFLEA! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

I'm afraid to attempt a flip off the diving board lol.

I'm also afraid of large, uncovered spaces (fields, etc) at night time. I think the latter comes from my reading of the Hound of the Baskervilles when I was young, and the expansive moor that the Hound would run across on his way to the manor. I dunno, something about being in the middle of an open area with no cover or protection at night scares the shit out of me. Most people are scared of the forest at night, but I'd rather be there than an open field.
    "A closed mouth gathers no feet."
    -Benjamin Franklin

why wub woo Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by PancaKe View Post
    Oh okay. I just had images of them opening their door at midnight and finding you on the front steps, or stumbling over the gate
    Those images are not...entirely incorrect.

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Fuck that, Master Rudy! If I had a bat in my house, I would freak the fuck out. They're like mice with wings.

JESUS CHRIST IT'S A LION. Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Escalators. I got my pant leg caught in one when I was younger (it was the 90s, bellbottoms were in style, etc.) and now I freak out at even the thought of having to take one.

Kimmi is:

Stalk me:
    [journal] [book] [space] [art] [tweet]

Cheesecake! Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    I'm afraid to attempt a flip off the diving board lol.

I'm also afraid of large, uncovered spaces (fields, etc) at night time. I think the latter comes from my reading of the Hound of the Baskervilles when I was young, and the expansive moor that the Hound would run across on his way to the manor. I dunno, something about being in the middle of an open area with no cover or protection at night scares the shit out of me. Most people are scared of the forest at night, but I'd rather be there than an open field.
    I'm deathly afraid of Deep water too, I can never go past the 5 foot marker in a pool D:
    Why Linux is better.

Can't live without IRC.

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

Looking at maps of big, empty places. The Pacific Ocean, the Australian desert, ANYTHING in Antarctica, outer space... They remind me of how small and insignificant I am. And since humans are innately inclined to think they're on top and in charge of everything, that terrifies me.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

why wub woo Moderator

I was thinking of something similar last night Blade, albeit on a far greater scale.

Our universe began with the Big Bang, right? Well, who says ours is the only universe out there? I'm not talking about parallel universes or whatever, but imagine if literally trillions and trillions of light years away, in fact, trillions doesn't even do it justice. You can't even comprehend the magnitude of the number I am talking about, no living thing can, but what if there another universe that began in a similar way (i.e. from a Big Bang or whatever) but it is so far away that we will never, ever know about it. Imagine if you got a piece of string the length of our Solar System and at one end you put a pea at one end and another pea at the other end, each pea representing a scale model of each universe, the string would still be nowhere long enough to accurately represent the sheer distance between the two universes.

And there's probably not just two. There's probably thousands more.

I know this isn't groundbreaking or new or whatever, but just something I spent a while thinking about last night.

Is making this place terminal Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Escalators- I had no reason. Fucking moving stairs. Damn them.
    Thank you Saffire Persian. (Complete list coming soon)
    Awards: Contest Ribbons~ Unown Awards ~ Fanfiction Awards
    Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post

...while you sleep.
    ".....Congratulations. You're the KROOOOOOOZE of female weeaboos. -w-;;;" -Blademaster about my Dragonball Z summary of what I know.

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by PancaKe View Post

ah i miss england
    I'm living in England right now!!!!!!

Lets see...scared. Well, I hate horror movies, but I don't think that counts...AH HA!!!

Needles. Not the sewing kind. The stabbing kind. I freak out just thinking about them. -shutter-

Cheesecake! Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Heald View Post
    I was thinking of something similar last night Blade, albeit on a far greater scale.

Our universe began with the Big Bang, right? Well, who says ours is the only universe out there? I'm not talking about parallel universes or whatever, but imagine if literally trillions and trillions of light years away, in fact, trillions doesn't even do it justice. You can't even comprehend the magnitude of the number I am talking about, no living thing can, but what if there another universe that began in a similar way (i.e. from a Big Bang or whatever) but it is so far away that we will never, ever know about it. Imagine if you got a piece of string the length of our Solar System and at one end you put a pea at one end and another pea at the other end, each pea representing a scale model of each universe, the string would still be nowhere long enough to accurately represent the sheer distance between the two universes.

And there's probably not just two. There's probably thousands more.

I know this isn't groundbreaking or new or whatever, but just something I spent a while thinking about last night.
    Scary thing is that could actually be a bona fide scientific theory, if it hasn't been thought up yet then the science has failed us!

Quote Originally Posted by Redfire313
    I'm living in England right now!!!!!!

Lets see...scared. Well, I hate horror movies, but I don't think that counts...AH HA!!!

Needles. Not the sewing kind. The stabbing kind. I freak out just thinking about them. -shutter-
    None of the scary movies coming out now are really scary. But they do make good entertainment when you and some friends are bored!
    Why Linux is better.

Can't live without IRC.

why wub woo Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Telume View Post
    Scary thing is that could actually be a bona fide scientific theory, if it hasn't been thought up yet then the science has failed us!
    I looked it up. Multiverses are an old theory and I didn't really delve into it too much, but most of the theories agreed that it would be virtually impossible to detect any universes outside our own.

Master Trainer

I'm terrified to play shoulder-wars in the pool, because I'm convinced that i'll fall off someone's shoulders, fall back and smash my head open on the edge of the pool.

2009 Silver Pencils:

perpetually absent Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

The dark and being alone. Especially it's dark AND I'm alone. I get so jumpy in the middle of the night when I go downstairs to get a bottle of water, and whenever I make the way back up the stairs, I always see the dark void that is my living room and make a mad dash up the stairs.

Click for my VS Seeker entry!

Winner of the 2009 Jack of all Trades and Rising Star Unown Awards!
    Winner of The 2009 Diamond Masquerade's Most Valuable Newbie and Best History Awards!

17:27 Samchu if Becki won't let me kill off Sara then Cici can't use super effective one-hit adorable ko moves on anyone

Cheesecake! Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosakura View Post
    The dark and being alone. Especially it's dark AND I'm alone. I get so jumpy in the middle of the night when I go downstairs to get a bottle of water, and whenever I make the way back up the stairs, I always see the dark void that is my living room and make a mad dash up the stairs.
    That's actually not very silly, especially when you've gone through such an event such as your parents splitting up.
    Why Linux is better.

Can't live without IRC.

Advanced Trainer

Well, my parents haven't split up (yet), and they don't fight as much anymore, so I find this fear of mine baseless and annoying.

Winner of The 2009 Diamond Masquerade's Most Valuable Newbie and Best History Awards!

17:27 Samchu if Becki won't let me kill off Sara then Cici can't use super effective one-hit adorable ko moves on anyone

Cheesecake! Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosakura View Post
    Well, my parents haven't split up (yet), and they don't fight as much anymore, so I find this fear of mine baseless and annoying.
    Ever since my parents split up I always have a panic attack (or something in places when I'm alone.) Thankfully I went to the doctor and they've lowered in intensity from when I started having them.

Hopefully when I go to him again I can completely get rid of them.

EDIT: The split up is fairly recent too. They only just split up about 2 months ago.
    Why Linux is better.

Can't live without IRC.

Not-So-Cool Trainer Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Let's see...

Watching someone take intravenous drugs, live or on TV. I have somewhat of an overactive imagination that invites me to feel what that would be like. My fiancée is sweet enough to watch for me and tell me when it's done.

Standing on railings next to big expanses or drops. I know I won't, but there's always that chance that I'll get the stupid idea to jump.

Anything touching my wrists. I don't care how dull it is, I don't want to be cut there.

Zombies. I had nightmares after Dawn of the Dead. Heck, I had nightmares after Shawn of the Dead.

Stinging insects. To a point where I'll stop a conversation mid-sentence, lock eyes with the bee/wasp/what have you and slowly walk away.
    As long as I'm singin',
    Then the world's alright,
    Ev'rything's swingin',
    Long as I'm singin' my song...
    dA|FB|Twitter|Steam|Wiki

Cloyster Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by MToolen View Post
    Stinging insects. To a point where I'll stop a conversation mid-sentence, lock eyes with the bee/wasp/what have you and slowly walk away.
    Same here!

If I'm ever eating outside and there are yellow jackets around, I have to keep constantly checking my drink to make sure one didn't crawl in. Even if I'm drinking out of a clear bottle, I always look at the mouth of it just before drinking, just in case.
    Winner of the Unown Awards: 2008 "Hard Work", 2010 "Dedicated", 2012 "Journalist", 2012 "Unown", 2013 "Anchorman", 2014 "Unown", 2015 "Jeff Jeff Jeff Jeff!"

Facebook - YouTube - Miiverse
    Diamond: 1418 3196 1413 - SoulSilver: 0217 4582 5426 - White: 1119 9535 7054 - White 2: 1421 4560 4887 - X: same as 3DS
    3DS: 3866 8018 5231 - AIM: IslanderJeff02
    Joined November 8, 2004 - Modded October 24, 2008

Elite Trainer

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that one too. Stinging insects scare the shit out of me too, but it's their buzzing sound that makes me panic. Actually being stung isn't that terrible, but if I hear one around my head and I can't see it I tuck and roll like a private in Nam
    -Benjamin Franklin

Moderator Moderator

Wow, you 3 that posted right before sound like a combination of how I am around bees/hornets/wasps. They are definitely my worst phobia. You are right Bear, the sting doesn't really hurt all that badly, but still I just hate pretty much everything about them, the buzzing sound, and just how ugly they are. I don't even like picking up dead ones to throw them out. I hate how they bring out the worst in me, because most people can just ignore. It was especially embarrassing when I went to a minor league baseball game on a September afternoon this year. Most people just didn't care and I am kinda acting like an idiot lol
    Best Ruby/Sapphire Moderator!!
    TPM Awards 2004, 2005, 2006

Winner of 2007 Unown Award N & 2008 Unown Award C!!

Chicoslavocia's Revenge is my best bud on TPM!!
    Visit her Oekaki Board!!

14 Years at TPM: 11/06/2000-11/06/2014

~Forum Achievements~
    Junior Trainer (250 Posts): 11/25/2000
    Cool Trainer (500 Posts): 12/18/2000
    Advanced Trainer (1000 Posts): 02/20/2001
    TPM's 161st Elite Trainer!! 2500 Posts: 11/22/2003
    TPM's 58th Master Trainer!! 5000 Posts: 09/30/2008
    Gold/Silver/Crystal Help Moderator: 02/17/2001-05/15/2001
    Advanced Generation Moderator: 06/21/2004-04/02/2006, 04/04/2006
    Currently 48th Place: Most Posts @ TPM!!

Cheesecake! Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by MToolen View Post
    Let's see...

Zombies. I had nightmares after Dawn of the Dead. Heck, I had nightmares after Shawn of the Dead.
    I had nightmares after Alien Ressurection, but this was back when I was still a little kid.
    Why Linux is better.

Can't live without IRC.

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

Oh, who DIDN'T have nightmares about that movie when they were younger? The humanoid Xenomorph is nightmare-fueling enough, but then to see AND hear it get killed by being sucked out a hole the size of a golf ball from the inside out? Nobody who saw that got any sleep that night.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

Cheesecake! Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Blademaster View Post
    Oh, who DIDN'T have nightmares about that movie when they were younger? The humanoid Xenomorph is nightmare-fueling enough, but then to see AND hear it get killed by being sucked out a hole the size of a golf ball from the inside out? Nobody who saw that got any sleep that night.
    I can't even imagine seeing it uncut, seeing all those guys inside the escape pod slaughtered.

I think the most nightmare inducing scene was when the guy's head got popped. My mom almost barfed at that.
    Why Linux is better.

Can't live without IRC.

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Fuck that, Master Rudy! If I had a bat in my house, I would freak the fuck out. They're like mice with wings.
    I'm not scared of bats at all, but I'd be having to take a 2x4 to a bats face if one flew in my place. That's not cool. They can be all sorts of sneaky and shit.

Naa, I'm...

well no... hating something is not being scared of it. so that example does not work. I guess the last time I was scared of something was when I used to have to go down to a boiler room for supplies. I was kinda freaked out I'd see some hobo ass half burned dude who'd throw me in said furnace and shit. The job was really bizarre.

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.

Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Telume View Post
    I had nightmares after Alien Ressurection, but this was back when I was still a little kid.
    I was so terrified of the Ring I had to sleep with the light on for a week

2009 Silver Pencils:

exit stage Crowley Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Haha I've got a random one. I'm afraid of walking next to lorries, cos I have an irrational fear that they'll fall over onto me. D:

Also: bees and wasps and the like. My pain threshold is VERY LOW (I almost fainted when I had my ears pierced, lol, how lame am I?) and since I've never been stung, it's a fear of the unknown I guess.

I get panic attacks around needles - the last time being a month ago, when I had an implant in my arm, and I hyperventilated so much and then proceeded to projectile vom all over the nurse's office. >< And on some children's drawings. Oh dear.

Horror films I cannot watch (I'm shocked I can even play Resident Evil, actually), cos of the nightmares, and just those horrible thoughts you get when you're lying in bed at night, in the dark. I mean, I had a total freak-out after watching the Doctor Who episode Blink, and those freaking horrible stone angels. Brr.

this is hell
    we have a little something called integrity

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

Elite Trainer

The only horror movies that ever scared me were Candyman (when I was real little) and the Halloween movies. Once I got older though I realized all horror movies follow the same formula and they aren't scary if you plug your ears XD.

Know what movie freaked me out though? The Birds. I was afraid to even go outside after that...
    -Benjamin Franklin

Advanced Trainer

I saw The Birds in 7th grade as part of the school curriculum. It was freaky, but not plausible. But if I saw it when I was really young... well, I'd lock myself up and stay away from all windows.

Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Never saw the Birds or heard of it... I never got scared by any horror movie.

Is making this place terminal Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Independence Day gave me nightmares for years. :0
    Thank you Saffire Persian. (Complete list coming soon)
    Awards: Contest Ribbons~ Unown Awards ~ Fanfiction Awards
    Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post

...while you sleep.
    ".....Congratulations. You're the KROOOOOOOZE of female weeaboos. -w-;;;" -Blademaster about my Dragonball Z summary of what I know.