Thread: Sonic The Hedgehog Movie

Hybrid View

Dragon Tamer Administrator
    Administrator
    34.625 S, 58.50595 W (Buenos Aires, Argentina)

Default Re: Sonic The Hedgehog Movie

It is, and you have the right to like or dislike anything regardless of what other people say.

I thought the original design for Sonic looked like a man in a really bad fursuit, but clearly someone liked it, or else they wouldn't have proposed it in the first place. Either that, or they knew people were having misgivings about the movie, so were trying to provoke a really bad reaction at first and then make a better trailer which the audience would like by comparison, while at the same time making people believe their opinions were heard.

Would the movie have attracted as many viewers if they had used this design from the beginning as it will now that there's a 'bad' design and an 'improved' one? I guess we'll never know.

That said, I definitely wouldn't have watched the movie if they had kept the original design.

Annual Unown Awards: Kind (2007), Friendly, Queen (2008), Dedicated (2009), She found Kevin! (2009),
    Everyone wins (2011), Tea, World traveler (2012), Busy, Patient (2013),
    Durga, Firefox, Twenty Thousand Hidden Posts (2014), Helpful (2015),
    Active, Discord, Letter, Unown Awards 2019 (2019).

Don't forget to visit the Dragon's Guild and Dragon Tamers site.
    ✭Ask me about AC/CC. Adopt a pokemon and Join!✭

SW-2628-7394-6108 Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Vulpix View Post
    It is, and you have the right to like or dislike anything regardless of what other people say.

I thought the original design for Sonic looked like a man in a really bad fursuit, but clearly someone liked it, or else they wouldn't have proposed it in the first place. Either that, or they knew people were having misgivings about the movie, so were trying to provoke a really bad reaction at first and then make a better trailer which the audience would like by comparison, while at the same time making people believe their opinions were heard.

Would the movie have attracted as many viewers if they had used this design from the beginning as it will now that there's a 'bad' design and an 'improved' one? I guess we'll never know.

That said, I definitely wouldn't have watched the movie if they had kept the original design.
    This is an excellent point Gabi! Maybe they did deliberately release a trailer with a horrid design, but had made the actual film with the "good" design... What a ruse!
    winner of the (a)ncient (2009), (v)intage, (2009), (v)eteran award (2011), (e)veryone wins! (2011),
    (q)ueenly (2012), (y)ara sofia with Oslo (2012), (l)egalized (2014), (d)ream (2015), (a)ctive (2019), and (e)ighth generation unown awards! thanks TPM!

member since day 1

#OccupyMtMoon
    TPMNoVA12 ~ Hopes and Dreams ~ Team Birdo
    TPMUK12 ~ Drink the Pounds Away ~ Groceries

3DS Code: 3325-3072-6715
    GO Code: 1336-7550-2201
    You Are Awesome.

Jedi Hunter Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Vulpix View Post

It wouldn't surprise me if that was the case. It definitely seems to have the effect of getting people interested.
    1) There's no excuse for laziness, but I'm working on it!
    2) I will live forever or die trying
    3) It's only funny until somebody gets hurt...............then it's hilarious