Thread: Shinies and Eggs... Can it be done?!

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Default Shinies and Eggs... Can it be done?!

Or rather, can it be done without losing one's mind? In theory, someone could breed enough of a certain pokemon to yield a shiny. But MAN would it take forever! Just trying to CATCH a shiny Pokemon is hassle enough. I mean, I've already tried for five hours at least. Would you guys dare try it? How long do you think it would take? If I set my mind to it I could probably breed and hatch several at least several hundred Pokemon a day, but boy oh boy would it ever get BORING!
    [IMG]horsephone.bmp[/IMG]

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: Shinies and Eggs... Can it be done?!

In short, No way.

I used to do it in GSC with my Shiny Ditto and it worked well but the rules changed in RSE iirc.

Show-Off
    Contest fic
    *Chapter 37 up*
    Posted September 22nd, 2013

phOEnixsong, not EO, plzthx Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer
    In Phoenixsonglandatopia. You're not invited.

I had a friend who did that once: both he and his girlfriend worked together, hatching like a hundred Charmanders a day for many days, in attempt to get said girlfriend a shiny Charmander. Eventually it worked, if I remember what he told me.

...Personally, I hate breeding period and only do it when it's unavoidable. Otherwise, I wouldn't touch breeding for shinies (outside of GSC) with a 90-foot pole.

note to self: swinub, shuppet, anorith; also note to self, update with José, Pants and Hellbender

plusle f, burmy m

Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Well, it's not like I'd do it all day while not doing anything else. I'd like, watch TV or something, too. I mean, they make an egg like once every few minutes.
    [IMG]horsephone.bmp[/IMG]