Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [Game] Axis Mundi (Round 2)

Plant of the Century Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Default [Game] Axis Mundi (Round 2)

Welcome again, to all!

The rules, and the prescribed required reading of this game, can be found here: http://www.freewebs.com/plantae0/axismundi.htm

General Rules
    1. Do not excessively spam in this topic, some off topic discussion is prohibited but no flaming or offensive material please. Any player that does so will receive dooms from me appropriate to the damage caused.
    2. Dead people should keep their comments in this thread at a minimum.
    3. Players are encouraged to make accusations in the thread and tell their suspicions. There is much strategy involved in this game, if you do it correctly.
    4. No player should post the contents of a private message in game or they will die instantly.
    5. All votes should be posted in bold, so refrain from posting any other text as such.
    6. Do not edit your posts, the only exception being the host.

And here, we have the cast of this round:

[color=slategray]Alive
    Dark-San

Dead
    Emotional Faun Chiko-sai - High Elder
    Green Lanturn - Elder
    Chris Watarimono - Elder
    Kris - Elder
    Sesshomaru - Elder
    Tainted - Shifter (Wolf)
    Magmar - Shifter (Serpent) and Vigilante
    Weasel Overlord - Oracle
    Zcade0 - Shifter (Elk)
    Vulpix.ck87 - Guardian Spirit
    Yero Thropp - Shifter (Bear)

Roles Alive
    Shaman

=

Dawn

"The spirits are restless!" The High Elder's voice seemed boundless, grounded and amplified by that of Gaea, nature mother. He scanned his surrounding elders, and the other respected village members. His eyes watched them ferociously, for any quiver, for any movement that might indicate their nature that was free from her will.

"We will show them their place, that they are to be trees if they are trees! Wolves must be wolves! There is no tame in nature, and wild is abound, but Gaea does not like those that try to break free of the natural order!"

"Hail!" It was the unanimous cry of a united village. But, it was not less than subtle that a few yelled a little more meekly than their comrades.

As the dawn broke across the hills, and over the treetops, it did its best to penetrate the canopy. However, it seemed that only darkness could reside on the forest floor. Here, where the animal spirits truly communed, watching and waiting, and seeking their chance for freedom. There was no one to trust when anyone could be anyone. Wolf or man? Shifter.

"To whatever end," was the unspoken cry of the shaman's people. They would search, but could they eradicate the beast most in its element in the wild?

End

The current date/time is: HUMAN VICTORY.

And so it begins...

Cool Trainer

Default Re: Axis Mundi (Round 2)

I am just to remind you that the first Dawn is twenty-four hours.

You may notice that there are thirteen roles and twelve players. Why may you ask? The answer: one of you is a double agent, possessing two roles. Who could it be?

Yes, I am green! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Intriguing!

A double agent amongst us.

Well, lets hope this is a bit more active.

I choose not to vote.

~GL
    ...just call me G.L.

I totally agree Lanturn. This game needs activity and lots of it. Let's make this a great show!

No vote here either, as I see no point in arbitrarily pointing fingers this early in the game.

-Chris R.
    AYE ESS BEE

Shamshir/Wario/Joann/Mr. Larpus/Giant Enemy Crab (Xanthius)
    Meliadoul/Shizuka/Roy/Pit/Taina
    Celice/Anita/Asmodeus/Ferdinand
    Elekid

Work It Harder Make It Better
    Do It Faster, Makes Us stronger
    More Than Ever Hour After
    Our Work Is Never Over

SW-2628-7394-6108 Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I as well am going to refrain from voting the first round. It's good to see we've already had replies, too. It isn't as fun when you have 12 players and 5 people actively posting.
    winner of the (a)ncient (2009), (v)intage, (2009), (v)eteran award (2011), (e)veryone wins! (2011),
    (q)ueenly (2012), (y)ara sofia with Oslo (2012), (l)egalized (2014), (d)ream (2015), (a)ctive (2019), and (e)ighth generation unown awards! thanks TPM!

member since day 1

#OccupyMtMoon
    TPMNoVA12 ~ Hopes and Dreams ~ Team Birdo
    TPMUK12 ~ Drink the Pounds Away ~ Groceries

3DS Code: 3325-3072-6715
    GO Code: 1336-7550-2201
    You Are Awesome.

Beside Myself Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

To increase the chance of my dying quickly and enhance the image of myself as someone who likes to be childish and vote [active] people randomly *COUGHCOUGHCOUGH*, I vote

Green Lanturn

なぜベストを尽くさないのか?
    fangirling is my real day job

exit stage Crowley Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

I'm going to withhold my vote also. Or at least, wait until the next dawn! *grins evilly* We shall see...

this is hell
    we have a little something called integrity

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

[b][size=3] Good for the time change. At least this allows us for those who lives in the other side of the world to respond to the game.

Plante, it seems like your site is down. Could you look into the problem? Thanks.

As for my first vote, I will go with Green Lanturn.

Banned

o.O Arbitrary votes, huh? I made that mistake once before; this time I plan on giving our Oracle a chance to get some questions answered.

No vote.

Yes, I am green! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Curse you all! A big mistake you will make voting me off(not like you can without 2 more votes anyway,lol)

Oh well, still choosing not to vote.

~GL
    ...just call me G.L.

Reaper Man Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Green Lanturn jumpin on the bandwagon... (song or something me thinks)
    "What pisses me off is that I can't even tell the regular insanity from the special delivery."

-Dave Jones, CRFH.

Your last statement qualifies you as a winner of a nonsense contest and a looser everywhere else.

- Roger Pepitone, CRFH

Cool Trainer

The dawn has ended, and votes are insufficient. No dooms for Dawn One (as last game), and no lynching either.

The dusk begins and will last, like the dawn, a full twenty-four hours.

Cool Trainer

I apologize to end slightly early.

Dead
    Green Lanturn - Elder

Begin Dawn II.

Banned

That was actually a pretty bad pick for the Shifters. If my reasoning is right, then this should work.

All right, here's a guess: Emotional Faun Chiko-sai

Reason: The Shifter's know who they are, right? Let's suppose Chiko-sai is a Shifter, and Green Lanturn was a Shifter. Would Chiko point a finger at Green Lanturn first round? Absolutely not, Chiko would either pick a non-shifter or not vote at all.

FACT: Green Lanturn was not a Shifter.

Which leaves us one of two options:
    1) Chiko isn't a Shifter, and was just guessing for the hell of it.
    2) Chiko IS a Shifter, and knew that Lanturn wasn't. So, Chiko was trying to eliminate an Elder or whatever Lanturn was during Dawn I, giving the Shifters an advantage.

Yes, yes, it's VERY possible that #1 is true >.< I'll kick myself later if I'm wrong. But at least I have a little bit of evidence against someone. If anyone else had been sacked, this theory would be wrong, since we wouldn't know whether or not Lanturn was a Shifter or not. But, since we do...

...my vote goes to Emotional Faun Chiko-sai.

((btw, Chiko-sai; are you a guy or a girl?))

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

[b][size=3] Guess we jumped onto the wrong band wagon for our random pick Zcade0...

However that doesn't means that we should back out and stop our day voting. I will vote for Emotional Faun Chiko-sai this time round.

Elite Trainer

Okay, once again, you, Yero, are working entirely on logic. There is absolutely no proof that Emo-sai is a shifter, (she's a girl, for the record) you say that Green Lanturn being killed and an elder is proof, but I really don't see how that can be. Most people wait on the first day for more evidence, but instead some people set off the vote and most of the others just went right ahead and jumped on the so-called bandwagon.

And it bemuses me as to why everyone still persists on leaping on the proverbial bandwagon, when you've all sucessfully killed our Elder. Why not make an informed decision for once, instead of just going with everyone else?

Either way, I am voting for Yero Thropp. Your so-called logic has killed off many a valuable member before, and this leads me to believe that you are, in fact, a shifter.

((also, Emo-Sai is supposed to be away for the weekend, so obviously she can't vote. Try not to use her lack of appearance against her, if it's at all possible...))

this is hell

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

Cool Trainer

I'm going to extend this Dawn a bit, where it would have ended within six hours or so.

Master Trainer

I'm sorry! I just got in from stayin over my friend's last night, and whooo was I drunk... *eerhem*

I'm going to vote for Emotional Faun Chiko-Sai and, for your sake, Yero, you better be right..
    winner of the (a)ncient (2009), (v)intage, (2009), (v)eteran award (2011), (e)veryone wins! (2011),
    (q)ueenly (2012), (y)ara sofia with Oslo (2012), (l)egalized (2014), (d)ream (2015), (a)ctive (2019), and (e)ighth generation unown awards! thanks TPM!

member since day 1

#OccupyMtMoon

You Are Awesome.

Sorry for the lateness people, but I feel this really need being said:

Emotional Faun Chiko-Sai may be the first one in our group to vote someone, but in essence, her post was quite arbitrary at best. However, right after that Dark San immediately caught onto that and used that as a basis to try to vote someone out.

The same situation is playing out here in this round - Yero is using his logic to find out who the next shifter is while Dark San is catching on. No one would be so hasty would wanton killing off members in the tribe without being a shifter.

Therefore, my vote goes to Dark San. I know I might not do much this round, and I most likely will get killed off, but its still something worth mentioning.

-Chris R.
    AYE ESS BEE

Elekid

Our Work Is Never Over

Cool Trainer

The results...

Dead
    Emotional Faun Chiko-sai - High Elder

Begin Dusk II.

Banned

#$#@$!!!!!

Well I know I'm probably gone next round.

But in my defense, I never once said that I had "proof" of Chiko-sai being a shifter, Weasel; I merely stated that I had evidence. Like I mentioned, voting in the second night is a tiny bit hasty, but I had evidence enough against Chiko-sai that suggested that it was possible she was a shifter.

Weasel Overlord
    you say that Green Lanturn being killed and an elder is proof, but I really don't see how that can be.
    I agree with you entirely, except that, again, not once did I say anything about proof. Allow me to quote myself:
    Which leaves us one of two options:
    1) Chiko isn't a Shifter, and was just guessing for the hell of it.
    2) Chiko IS a Shifter, and knew that Lanturn wasn't. So, Chiko was trying to eliminate an Elder or whatever Lanturn was during Dawn I, giving the Shifters an advantage.

Yes, yes, it's VERY possible that #1 is true >.< I'll kick myself later if I'm wrong. But at least I have a little bit of evidence against someone.
    We all have two roles- good guy or bad guy. If there is evidence of someone being a bad guy, we can't sit around waiting for absolute proof; the best we can do is offer our vote and reason, then see who else agrees/disagrees. Weasel, you misread what I wrote. I repeat, I never stated that I had "proof" against anyone.

Also...
    Weasel Overlord
    your so-called logic has killed off many a valuable member before, and this leads me to believe that you are, in fact, a shifter.
    If you think playing this game by logic is a bad thing, then use your own method (which I see you're doing, goodgood.) I agree, my logic has gotten innocent lives killed in the past, but remember- in order to vote someone off, others have to agree with me. Say what you want about how I think, but don't forget that others have to be thinking similarly before any action is taken.

I can say this, though; Weasel, you seemed pretty defensive towards Chiko-sai, and in the end she turned out to be a High Elder. You were right, but that's not what's so impressive. The fact that you defended her very, VERY passionately makes me wonder if you are an Oracle, and if you knew for a fact that she was innocent...

On a final note; this is a game, please try not to bite my head off over something as small as this.

Elite Trainer

[COLOR=powderblue]Don't try to twist words around at me. Proof is exactly the same as evidence, they are synonymous with each other

But at least I have a little bit of evidence against someone
    That's my point. You stated yourself you have 'evidence' against someone that actually doesn't exist.

And the fact that it's a game that you are making the bad guys win is exactly my point. The whole idea of the game is that the roles are entirely random, as we have seen before, your logic just doesn't work. Why yuo persist in applying it is beyond me. Unless, of course, you are actually a shifter, working dilligently to undermine we humans position by picking off our elders.

I'm not pointing the finger of blame here...except that I kinda am really...that being the entire point of the game! ^^

We shall see at Dawn, shan't we? If I end up dead, I hope you'll all heed my advice...

this is hell

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

Beside Myself Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

[DEAD]
    *whine* Stupid computer tech man... how dare he wipe the entire memory off my hard disk!!! *whinewhinewhine*

I'm an evil zombie. Fear me. Just popping in to whine a little about all my lost mp3s and say that my votes for first rounds are always totally random, despite whatever you may think or puzzle over. I'm not that serious about the analyzing part of this game, just want to be 'different' and be the suspicious creature voting someone for mysterious reasons on Dawn I. *sweatdrop* (Although I will analyze to some extent as each day passes and more roles are revealed...)

I won't make any more noise after this, since I'm, you know, dead and all... sorry Jou-kun if I'm disrupting.
    [/DEAD]

なぜベストを尽くさないのか?
    fangirling is my real day job

Elite Trainer

I forgot to mention, since you're so certain that you'll die tonight, Yero, I reckon that if you don't, and if, for example, I die instead...well, the result will speak for itself.

For the record, I'm not the oracle. I just use my brains, instead of logic. And also, I dislike people who kill our elders, no matter who they be; shifter or human.

this is hell

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

Cool Trainer

The votes have been tallied, and we are short votes, thus:

Dead

No deaths this Dusk. Begin Dawn III. I will start counting doom votes today, for everyone's reference.

I'm still voting Dark San using the same reasoning as before. For reference, I'll post it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Watarimono
    Sorry for the lateness people, but I feel this really need being said:

Emotional Faun Chiko-Sai may be the first one in our group to vote someone, but in essence, her post was quite arbitrary at best. However, right after that Dark San immediately caught onto that and used that as a basis to try to vote someone out.

The same situation is playing out here in this round - Yero is using his logic to find out who the next shifter is while Dark San is catching on. No one would be so hasty would wanton killing off members in the tribe without being a shifter.

Therefore, my vote goes to Dark San. I know I might not do much this round, and I most likely will get killed off, but its still something worth mentioning.

-Chris R.
    Furthermore, the fact that Chiko-sai was the High Elder and not a Shifter further backs my evidence.

-Chris R.
    AYE ESS BEE

Elekid

Our Work Is Never Over

Aramince, The Regal Peasant. Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Yero Thropp

I can say this, though; Weasel, you seemed pretty defensive towards Chiko-sai, and in the end she turned out to be a High Elder. You were right, but that's not what's so impressive. The fact that you defended her very, VERY passionately makes me wonder if you are an Oracle, and if you knew for a fact that she was innocent...

Okay firstly, my dear Yero, don't make me laugh. Weasel is not an oracle. I know this for a fact because secondly, that'd be me.

I also know that you're a shifter, and that your little double agent collaborator is Magmar. Take your pick voters and make my death worthwhile ><

Personally i'll vote off the greater of two evils and that would be for the shifter Yero Thropp.

Elite Trainer

Wow, we actually have an oracle who's active? For that matter, we actually have an active Vulps? Hooray!

Anyway, back to business! *coughs in a business-like manner* I'm glad someone has finally seen the voice of reason and voted for who is clearly guilty. Yero sertainly seems to be the bigger threat of the two. I'm not changing my views.

I be voting for Yero. Since the Oracle has proclaimed him shifter...I can only hope that more people decide to vote with us!

this is hell

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

Cool Trainer

I would like to notate several things. First, it will be added to the rules that the four person vote with two majority only counts for the first day, as obviously it can get to the point where there will be less than four people. I will change it to reflect how the amount of people is expected to diminish over each Day (Dusk/Dawn).

Also, the rules as written state that the Guardian Spirit may protect any player. Most of you probably realize that in previous version this did not extend to the Guardian Spirit, but it does for this round only. The rules will be promptly edited.

As compensation for the allowing of this rule for the humans, on the part of the shifters I have bridged the gap between them. Their schedules are misaligned, and I have communicated information to them. None of this information will at all unbalance gameplay, but is information that they could easily know had they been communicating.

Reaper Man Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

remains nuteral I g2g and need a quick vote, I got lots a homework. see ya tomorrow.
    "What pisses me off is that I can't even tell the regular insanity from the special delivery."

-Dave Jones, CRFH.

Your last statement qualifies you as a winner of a nonsense contest and a looser everywhere else.

- Roger Pepitone, CRFH

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

[b][size=3] Yero, I'm sorry this time you get my vote.

Cool Trainer

Dawn will end at roughly 7:00 AM CST. In the mean time, enjoy your lynching.

Master Trainer

The positive thing about being a double agent is that it doesn't necessarily make me a Shifter. There are other roles that make me equally dangerous though.

Yero Thropp gets my vote, and Vulpix.ck87, I'm far from little ^_^;

member since day 1

#OccupyMtMoon

You Are Awesome.

Cool Trainer

Dead
    Yero Thropp - Shifter (Bear)

Begin Dusk III.

Cool Trainer

Dead
    Chris Watarimono - Elder

Begin Dawn IV. The dooms are as follows:

Dooms
    Zcade0 – 1
    Vulpix.ck87 – 1
    Sesshomaru – 2
    Tainted – 2
    Kris – 2

I had the feeling I'd be next. Guys, don't let my death fall in vain.

-Chris R.
    AYE ESS BEE

Elekid

Our Work Is Never Over

Reaper Man Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

kinda a cheep doom, I was at school during dawn then...

anywho.. nuteral bye again!

-Dave Jones, CRFH.

- Roger Pepitone, CRFH

Aramince, The Regal Peasant. Beginning Trainer
    Beginning Trainer

Really have to wonder if Zcade's not voting to avoid killing off other shifters such as himself, or if he's human and just can't be bothered to read the material..?

Hrmm..

Of course, you're right Magmar, and I apologise. You also have the choice to fight against the shifters, which I kind of admit was an idea I dismissed. However, since you voted along with Yero in dawn one, and as of yet have not offered up any information to us about the shifters, I guess I just assumed you were working for them ^^ Although i guess this way you can keep on the winning side, no matter what, huh?

*wishes she hadn't sounded so cocky those few seconds ago as the apparantly not so small Magmar looms over her*

Eep ><

Master Trainer

I'm led to believe that one (or two?) of the shifters is probably inactive. I'm not sure who the Shifters are, unfortunately. Are you aware of Green Lanturn's identity?

As for Zcade, I don't know what to think of that.

member since day 1

#OccupyMtMoon

You Are Awesome.

Banned

*sigh* What did I say about biting my head off over a game? Oh well, kids need to learn their lesson someday...

But first:
    Oracle - A diviner, these clerics may send a private message to the host at dusk to reveal one player. The Oracle is told whether that player is a human or shifter, but no other specific details.
    Um... if the Oracle is allowed to tell the others who they are, then why is the message privately told to the Oracle? Why not just tell everyone at dusk, hey, so-n-so is/isn't a shifter. What's the point of an Oracle?

On to the point of this... I though that Weasel was the Oracle because he (she? I never asked, sorry,) continued to argue me with very interesting arguments that didn't make any sense (little evidence=proof? Then later it means none at all? lol, make up your mind. My favorite part was hearing that I had no evidence at all. Did you read what I wrote? Or was it too complicated for you to understand?) Nonetheless, you still argued, so I naturally assumed that you were the Oracle, and you were just making silly arguments in a futile attempt to try and convince others to vote against me.

"Making bad guys win," am I? I'm not "making bad guys win," I'm trying to figure out who they are. Unfortunately, you have to eliminate some players in order to make a more reasonable guess each round.

Guess what, Weasel; using your brain is the same as using logic. Explain to me the difference, since you know so much more than all of us.

Here's what I think, or at least what I've noticed about you, good Weasel. When someone gives their opinion about something, if you don't like it, you immediately condone them for it and blame them. The game works like this; someone gives an opinion, and if you agree, you vote for that same person; if you disagree, you either stay neutral or vote someone else, then give your reasoning. Your reasoning for voting me was, as I recall:
    Your so-called logic has killed off many a valuable member before, and this leads me to believe that you are, in fact, a shifter.
    Absolutely the worst decision you could possibly make in this game. If you truly didn't like my reasoning, then you say why, then shut up. Don't embarrass yourself.

So, let's sum up Weasel Overlord, shall we?
    1) If Weasel doesn't like your vote, Weasel will twist your words around and vote for you because you have "poor logic" to him.
    2) Weasel will do anything, even change his argument, in order to make a point. (argument 1: little evidence=proof, then supports; argument 2: no evidence, then supports. wtf man, make up your mind.)
    3) To Weasel, evidence=proof. I quote: "Proof is exactly the same as evidence, they are synonymous with each other." No, evidence LEADS to proof, it's not the same. Stop trying to sound smart using big words. I already admitted that my evidence wasn't much, but I will repeat myself: YOU CAN'T WAIT FOR PROOF IN THIS GAME. All anyone has is guesses, and I believed that I had enough supporting evidence to make a guess. Agree or disagree, that's up to you.

You were right this time, Weasel. I was a shifter. But that doesn't mean that I'm wrong about you. I dare you to argue me, sir Weasel. Just try it.