Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: *@* Dragonball SU *@* It Begins

The cult of personality..... Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Default Re: *@* Dragonball SU *@* It Begins (LSUs welcome!)

Well since Blade ended that with clever thinking and I really don't think we need one of my novel sized posts in Capsule Corp. with no action I'm just going to move things along quickly ^_~

Shitagi Summers
    ------
    Looking over the street where Zaito and Basawe fought and then towards them I came to the quick assumption that this was a losing battle. Hoping to break the somber mood I said "Well I'll be damned if I'm the one to clean up this mess!" Basawe allowed himself a small smile while Zaito who looked a little worse for wear remained silent. When Basawe explained how he tricked the two massive aliens it became clear to me as to why Zaito may have been a little upset. "Well to be honest I'm not exactly ready to call her an ally just yet" I explained. "There's still not enough we know about her. Besides the area in question has no towns or settlements. If she destroyed it and left the area soon after in search of a Dragon Ball then those two morons are only going to come across a crater. No matter how it plays out it did buy us time. The Four Star Dragon Ball is safe and sound along with some other things."

With that I pulled out the Dragon Ball and handed it to Basawe for him to look over. In the meantime I looked back over towards Zaito who looked a little worse for wear but for the most part his injuries didn't seem too bad. While I had never been to Kami's Lookout before I made a mental note to head out that way and see about picking up some Senzu Beans since I had a feeling we'd be needing them. My mother made occasional trips and got some in case of any bad injuries related to training accidents but at the current moment we were out of them.

Pulling out a capsule I threw it down to the ground and in a puff of smoke it released a supply crate I had packed while back in the lab. "I managed to gather some things before coming back here. I think we may need them in the end." I looked towards Zaito as I reached inside the crate. "First and foremost I think your going to have to change your clothes unless you want to be flying around naked eventually." Zaito's clothes were ripped up pretty bad in a few places, not to mention totally stained from blood and various office supplies. Handing him the traditional orange gi and blue shirt the Z Fighters and Kamesenin students wore I told him "The material is much stronger than that cotton one anyway and similar to my own gi. It's burn and tear resistant so it should hold up much better and offer you some light protection against the most basic of ki attacks. You can head back to the Capsule Corp labs to clean yourself up as well. After the last major attack on Earth my great grandmother Bulma expanded one of the research departments into a special medical lab for the original Z Fighter. My mother Victoria knows what's going on and is setting it up in case we need to use it. She'll get you patched up." Zaito nodded his thanks to me and set out in the direction of CC.

After he left I reached in and pulled out special modified blue scouter I had been working on for myself, a small computer chip and a tool kit. Turning back towards Basawe I asked him "Do you mind letting me see your scouter real quick Basawe?" He seemed a little confused at the request and despite seeming a little against the idea at first he did give it to me. As I opened up the casing and proceeded to replace one of the chips with the one I just pulled out he started to get a little more curious as to what I was doing. Sensing the impending question I explained to him "I'm just replacing it's main control chip with a newer one. Think of this as an upgrade. You'll be able to use the communicator on it to speak to me in the event we've got to split up. In addition unlike the originally that can only identify a race or species at close range this one can do it from far away and can even identify Androids. Just don't expect a power level reading on them. Finally it's got a map of the entire Earth built into it. I'm thinking I can pinpoint the Dragon Balls on the radar and the mark the general locations into the scouter. It'll be useless if someone else gets one and starts moving but if we do split up it'll be a start on where you can search."

Basawe seemed impressed as I handed the new upgraded scouter back to him. "Not bad at all. I'm use to most of our race being idiotic brutes. In fact I'm still getting use to how things are on this planet" he told me. "I'd rather not get into it but I've had a rough history with many of the other Saiyans back home." With a sense of pride over my work and a small laugh I said to him "Yeah it must be something in the water on that planet. While there's still a few arrogant ones for the most part those of Saiyan heritage that were raised on Earth are usually a little more laid back. While I'm proud of my family I try not to let it all go to my head. Of course other people around me make a huge deal about it. I understand Goku and Vegeta were two big reasons why this planet is still here but I do find myself wishing people would be a little more calm about it." Basawe had a slight confused look on his face at this point. "I obviously know the name Vegeta but I keep hearing you mention this Goku person. Obviously he was very important to this planet. Who was he exactly?" When dealing with Saiyans from off planet I sometimes forgot that not everyone knew of his name. "That's right. Your not originally from here" I said. "Goku was his name here on Earth. His real name was Kakarot. As a young boy he suffered a head injury and forgot that he was a Saiyan. He was suppose to purge the planet but in the end he grew up believing himself to be a human. His father was Bardock and to my knowledge so far he's been the only Saiyan to reach the third level of Super Saiyan. Originally he started off as enemies with Vegeta but over a period of a good 10 years or so they eventually became reluctant allies. Eventually Vegeta regarded Goku as his one and only true friend here on Earth." Basawe seemed taken aback somewhat by what I had said. With a shocked look on his face he said "Wait a moment. Not only was his father the leader of the resistance against Frieza but your also claiming that he became a Super Saiyan and that there was more than one level of it?!" Upon hearing this I suddenly realized that there must not have been any Super Saiyans back on our home planet. Of course that wasn't too hard to believe. The last known Super Saiyan to my knowledge was my grandfather Goten. Suddenly getting a little down I said "In short both of them as well as their sons were all able to become Super Saiyans. However it's been a good 100 years since a new one has emerged on Earth. It's a shame we had to meet like this Basawe. I admit I haven't dealt with Saiyans from Planet Vegeta often so there's much I'd like to know and discuss with you. Sadly that's something we don't have time for right now."

Getting back to the situation at hand I turned on my scouter and then pulled out the Dragon Radar. Looking it over I noticed something odd. Since we had a Dragon Ball here there should have been 6 dots on the radar. However I was seeing only four. Taking a closer look at the screen I noticed that one of the dots was moving toward another. Doing I quick check of power levels on my scouter I picked up several among what could be read. The power readings in the area of the moving Dragon Ball or Balls all came back as an unknown race. This confirmed my fears......

Whoever was in charge of these guys was somehow able to track Dragon Balls.

I tried to remain calm but my face must have betrayed all the things I was thinking because Basawe asked me "Is everything ok Shitagi?" Without looking away from the screen I said "I think the situation may be far worse than we originally thought." I tried to get everything straight in my head and try to pinpoint different power levels the figure out who may have had what. The radar was reading only 4 dots. The Dragon Ball we had wouldn't show up since we right on top of it obviously. The moving dot with all the unknown powers surrounding it likely accounted for two or more of them since two other dots were missing. While the races were unknown I counted at least six different powers ranging from 1000-1500. While it was a small group if any of us got caught outnumbered it may have been a problem. My scouter read two full Saiyans, a Namekian, an Android and a demi-Saiyan near one of the Balls that wasn't moving. The two brutes Basawe and Zaito just tricked were moving towards the whole group and putting out a power reading of 5000. The ones gathered around the Dragon Ball were suppressed for the most part since no one was reading over 800 but one of the Saiyan power levels was firmly sitting at about 2200. I assumed this was the one female who landed at the Budokai and came to realize that she may not have known how to sense ki or hide her own. Finally another demi-Saiyan was near a Dragon Ball with two more unknown races. The two unknowns were also around the 2500 mark with the Saiyan power level slowly creeping up to 2000.

I quickly explained everything to Basawe. As soon as Zaito got back we had to figure out what the best course of action was. With so much going on all over the planet we had to decide carefully. Not only were we a target if these guys were able to track Dragon Balls but one wrong choice would result in lives lost and the possible loss of all the Dragon Balls to a madman.

Time was running out and it was not on our side......
    ------

Ok in an attempt to get things moving here's the breakdown. Shi's group has the Four Star DB, Sandor and company have the Two Star and Gav is defending what I assume is the One Star. The brutes are closing in on Sandor's group and Geno Squad who we already know has the Six Star has been quite busy. They have three DB's and are heading towards a 4th one.

As for power levels don't take them seriously. They were only thrown out to give an idea of how strong various NPC's floating about may be. Be aware almost every main character can hide their ki with the exception of Brandy's character. 2200 is only a base number I threw out there in regards to a power level mentioned earlier and should be taken with a grain of salt. If I had to BS power levels I'd say our characters are all around 1500-2500 with maybe some skills or temporary power ups peaking us at about 4000........

......Or in Basawe's case some of us could peak at "OVER 9000!!!!" lol

BTW has there been any sign of MoP since May? Van's kinda all alone right now and I'd hate to see him get written out. He's perhaps one of the more intresting and original characters we got in this.

And finally this goes to Heald. Since I haven't introduced Shitagi's mother yet just role with it if you do included her in your next post. Imagine a dead ringer for Bulma/Bra with the obvious addition of a tail. Clothing wise she'll have a long sleeve black shirt, blue jeans and a blue CC jacket. For the most part think Future Trunks there with a few differences. Personality wise she'll be like Shitagi in the fact that she's smart and can fight. However while Shi leans more towards fighting she'll lean more towards inventing. Maybe later she could get involved with a battle as an NPC but don't expect her to have as wide a range of skills as Shitagi ^_~
    Last edited by Master Rudy; 20th July 2009 at 08:13 AM.
    TPM's self proclaimed firearms expert, former RPG mod, occassional smartass and all around enigmatic wonder ^_~
    3DS Friend Code: 3196 4256 7846
    XBL: Enigma1985 NYJ
    Steam: enigmaticwonder
    FF.net: https://www.fanfiction.net/~enigmaticwonder85

Stay your blade from the flesh of an innocent.
    Hide in plain sight.
    Never compromise the Brotherhood.
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
    -The Assassin's Creed

why wub woo Moderator

Rudy: As far as I know, MoP is not coming back, so until further notice consider his character written out I guess. Not really going to affect anyone, just assume he was never here.

Zaito Zhin

A huge explosion could be seen on the horizon, and a billow of smoke and dust was rising up. Zaito stood in the skyscraper, still sore from being launched through several buildings by a behemoth. He tried to gauge the powers behind the explosion; it wasn't a fight, perhaps one of the aliens or one of his new allies were behind it. There wasn't anything he could do about it in his current state he thought.

Basawe somehow managed to get the two aliens to fly away and Basawe flew up towards him, landing by his side and immediately noticing why Zaito had been temporarily taken out of the fight.

"Zaito, are you alright? I got rid of those two idiots, thanks to Retasu's diversion."

"Retasu..." Zaito thought. So that was who blew up whatever it was on the horizon. He became somewhat angered by this; he didn't really know Retasu, only knowing she was the Saiyan who crash-landed in the middle of the tournament. He sighed...the day had started off so well. He had finally made it to his first tournament, ready to make a name for himself on the world's fighting stage, and now he was standing in the remain of an office his body had destroyed like a wrecking ball.
    "First these brutes and now that Saiyan...this is my planet, and I'm going to defend it," he stated firmly. He began to power up for flight, but his battered body had other ideas, still not recovered from the strain of using a fully-charged attack in a space of a few seconds, plus being smashed through a few buildings doesn't exactly help. He fell onto one knee and coughed loudly, spluttering blood onto the floor and clutching his ribs. Basawe leant down in case he fell over, but Zaito managed to steady himself.

The arrival of Shitagi was somewhat welcome, thanks to the fresh supplies and the promise of a clean up and some healing at the Capsule Corp. Zaito thanked Shitagi and began to float into the air.
    "You sure you can fly alright?" Basawe inquired. Zaito nodded and smiled.
    "I'll be fine, I'll just take it easy."

Zaito landed on the lawn outside Capsule Corp. and began slowly walking towards the front door, holding his ribs. He also has a slight limp. The front door opened up and a green-haired woman jogged outside to greet him.
    "Hi there, you must be Zaito!" she cheerfully greeted him. He nodded.
    "Yeah, Shitagi said I could get a clean-up here..."
    She gave him a once-over.
    "You're going to need more than a clean-up by the looks of you!"
    Zaito tried to protest.
    "Honestly, I don't want to be too long, I'll-"
    He then stopped suddenly and doubled over, spitting up some more blood. She tutted and grabbed his arm, helping him into the facility.
    "Men, honestly! Think they're tough and they know everything! Come on in!"
    As they walked in, Zaito noticed she had a tail as well.
    "So she's part-Saiyan too...would make sense, considering Shitagi's her son..." he thought.

She sat him down in a medical lab and proceeded to take a blood sample. Her high-tech computers analysed it almost instantly.
    "That's interesting," she noted. "So you don't have any Saiyan ancestry?"
    "Nah, 100% human, born and bred!"
    "You must've trained hard to get as strong as my son!"
    "Truth be told...I don't know very much about Saiyans...I was raised in a monastery cut off from the rest of the world...this is the first time I've even been to a city, although I expect they're not always in ruins or this empty."
    She nodded.
    "Yeah, most of the staff here have fled, but I can stand up for myself if trouble arises, plus Shitagi needs me here."

After shedding his tattered clothes, Zaito was placed in a rejuvenation chamber in order to recuperate whilst Shitagi's mother continued processing his medical data.
    "Lets see...3 broken ribs, large shard of glass in left leg, multiple cuts and bruises, some organ bruising...otherwise all vitals seem to be fine."
    Tiny robotic arms inside the tank began to start removing glass and debris from his wounds and closing up wounds, as well as stimulating the healing in his particularly damaged areas. She walked up to the chamber.
    "I'm afraid this process may take an hour. For Saiyans, it would normally only take 15 minutes but you don't have the physiology that allows for such rapid healing. I'll radio Shitagi that you'll not be returning out there for another hour."
    It wasn't like Zaito could respond, his face covered by breathing apparatus, but he opened his eyes and nodded, having heard it perfectly. He closed his eyes again and began to meditate. He would think about the battle he had just been in, and concentrate on how to defeat those brutes should the need arise again.

---

Yeah, Zaito is going to be out for a bit, so feel free to go do something. He'll catch up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Vulpix
    You have turned my vacation thread into a discussion about Heald's balls. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

You crook! Ya CRIMINAL!! Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer
    The Universe - 46 degrees north, 8 trillion degrees west

I revoke my last post's rule. 'Cuz I do stuff like that.

Brace for tl;dr.

Basawe

With Zaito gone, Shitagi and Basawe were left alone in West City (or at least the part of it that had become a battleground). Basawe turned the Dragonball over in his hands, partly out of nervousness and partly because he was deep in thought.

"Shitagi," he said after a moment, handing the Dragonball back, "can you tell me more?"

"More of what?" Shitagi replied. "Your new scouter?"

"No. This Super Saiyan... Go-ku."

"Oh. Well, he's one of my great grandparents. Like I said, he grew up thinking he was a human-"

"Was he as strong as a human then?" Basawe interrupted.

"Well... yes and no. Early in his life, when he was a kid, he was no stronger than a human child. But he was taught martial arts by one of the greatest martial artists that ever lived: Roshi. Good thing, too. Because of his possession of one of the Dragonballs, a lot of people didn't like Goku and either wanted him as a hostage or killed outright. None of them succeeded, obviously: Thanks to Roshi's teachings and his Saiyan blood, he became stronger than any human and beat all his enemies - the Red Ribbon Army and its Androids, the Blue Ribbon Army, Emperor Pilaf, and even the evil Namekian King, Piccolo."

Basawe's head perked up at this. Humans weren't very strong, and he didn't know what these 'Androids' or 'Ribbon Armies' were, but a Namekian king?

"How strong was the Namekian?" Basawe asked hopefully.

"When Goku killed him, his power level was 260."

Basawe's hope vanished instantly.

"This great third level Super Saiyan had a power level of 260?" he asked, disappointment practically dripping off his words.

"Hey, for a 13 year-old with no Saiyan training and no tail, 260 isn't a bad number. But it's when he got older that he REALLY became strong... He wasn't a Super Saiyan until his mid-20's, actually."

"...Did you say no tail?" Hope was back in Basawe's voice - a different hope.

Shitagi frowned.

"Before Roshi took Goku in, he was raised by an adoptive grandfather named Gohan. One night, when Goku was exposed to the full moon's rays, he became an Oozaru and killed Gohan in a blind rampage. If it weren't for Roshi destroying the Moon, Goku might have killed him and the rest of the world as well..."

"So the tail was removed after that... Wait, hold on. This 'Roshi'... DESTROYED the Moon? How in the galaxy did he do THAT?"

"He used a beam attack. His strongest, and later Goku's strongest... The Kamehameha."

"The... Kuh-may-uh-may-uh...?"

"Kah-may-hah-may-hah." Shitagi corrected him. "It's a powerful move where the user summons all the ki in their body into a single point and then fires it as a massive beam."

Basawe paused, then held his hands out at his sides, before putting them together, all 10 fingers side-by-side.

"Like this?" he asked, the orange sphere of his Basawe Beam swelling up in front of his hands and flickering.

Shitagi shook his head, smiling a bit.

"No, you're not focusing your ki enough." he said, spreading his legs a bit and putting both his hands, cupped, by his right side. "You're just gathering it. You focus it, and it grows stronger. Plus you don't waste it all in one shot, so you can use it several times in a row if you have to. Watch."

Shitagi's palms glowed a bright, blinding blue-white color; a ball of energy much smaller than Basawe's orange one swelled between his fingers.

"KAAAAMEEEEEEEE..."

Basawe let his energy ball vanish, his concentration broken by the sudden beeping of his scouter. His hand flew to it and hit the button reading Shitagi's power level.

1292..... 1648..... 2094.....

The white orb of energy in Shitagi's hands swelled until they filled his hands completely, then began to push them apart.

"...HAAAAAAAAAMEEEEEEEEEEEEEE..."

Basawe's eyes widened in shock; he uttered a choked gasp as his scouter continued to climb, it's readout DOUBLING and STILL going.

2559..... 3185..... 3643.....

Shitagi thrust his hands out.

...And the ball vanished.

"HA!" Shitagi yelled, quickly and sharply, before turning back to Basawe. "You know what would have happened if I had launched that? THAT, my friend, is a Kamehameha."

Basawe simply stared in shock and awe.

"And... THAT was Goku's strongest attack?" he asked.

"Not his strongest, but definitely his most famous. And that was a low-level Kamehameha. GOKU'S Kamehameha could probably blow up this entire solar system."

"What?!"

"Well, he WAS a Super Saiyan. I told you he got stronger than a power level of 260. He went through Hell, literally, training in conditions nobody else had ever trained in. He trained on different planets, in Hell itself, in gravitational fields hundreds of times as strong as our own... His power level wasn't measured in hundreds or thousands, Basawe. His power level was measured in millions."

That settled it for Basawe. He wanted that type of power. He wanted that level of recognition. He didn't even need a tail. All he needed was the willpower. He was a Saiyan. Blutz cells weren't in his blood, but stubbornness was. He could become stronger than anyone on Ninjin, remain on Earth, and live in peace at last. Or he could return there and get revenge on the ones who antagonized and tortured him for so long... That Kamehameha was definitely powerful enough to destroy a planet...

'No,' Basawe scolded himself, shaking his head. 'That'd make me no better than them.'

"Basawe," Shitagi interrupted his thoughts, snapping Basawe back to attention, "is everything alright?"

"Yes." Basawe replied. "Shitagi... Will you teach me the Kamehameha?"

---------------------------------------

Time for Basawe to get an upgrade. If Shitagi says yes, that is...

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

HEY! I do art commissions! Follow me and my pals on their website here!

OOC: Since this seems to have slowly struggled back to it's feet......

Name: Batuo (this is not his real name but a name bestowed upon him by the monks who first trained him)
    Race: appears human
    Appearance: Batuo stands at a modest 5'10" in height. In the Shaolin tradition his head is shaved bald but he has a finely groomed mustache and goatee a dark reddish brown in color. He wears the traditional robes and attire of a Shaolin monk in orange with yellow and gray trimmings. His eyes when he shows them are a startlingly vibrant violet in color but typically he wears a bright orange blindfold.
    Personality: Batuo is a very quiet and confident individual. He considers his words very carefully and doesn't speak unless he believes it is necessary. He is kind and generous but vigilant about keeping secrets. He puts the safety of everyone else before his own.
    History: There is no known history of Batuo but his style and attire is very old and traditional suggesting he must have studied at an ancient and reclusive Shaolin monastery somewhere. He is not forthcoming about his past but remains perfectly polite to those who ask about it.
    Techniques: His speed and ki manipulation is unmatched. His ability to detect ki signatures and power levels far surpasses even the scouters. His physical strength is considerably lacking compared to other supreme fighters, however, he can direct his ki within his body both to project great force at the point of impact or to withstand even the most devastating of blows. Batuo is capable of copying almost any attack using ki once he has witnessed it and can also redirect and channel ki directed at him. His martial arts style is the traditional Shaolin style. Given enough time to study an opponent he can seal their ki at any of numerous pressure points and thus paralyze the body flowing out from that point with an extremely precise and perfectly timed strike (paralyzing from as much as a whole limb to as little as a couple of fingers depending on the pressure point).
    Relationships: none known
    Other: Batuo is blind but all of his other senses are supremely heightened as is his ability to 'see' by sensing ki.

Batuo
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The strongest flower is often the one that knows how and when to bend

For one such as him, it would have been impossible to miss the flaring of ki surrounding the tournament. The number of powerful entities that had decided to manifest their ki outside those grounds is what coerced him to action, however. It was simply inevitable that energies of that magnitude would cause damage and devastation on a wider scale. The risk to the innocent grew by the minute such entities roamed free and he could tell by the scattered confrontations that his first matter of course was to intercept the two nearly identical entities whom were leaving the now nearest city at speed. They seemed likely the most imminent threat to the innocents of the surrounding areas.

Almost in the blink of an eye he appeared before them several miles outside the city. One hand behind his back, the other in front of him open palm in a meditative position in front of his face. The cloth of his blindfold where it tied at the back of his head swayed lightly in the breeze. The two brutes halted in mid-air to consider him for a moment.

"I must ask that you leave this world and return whence you came immediately. Your manner of violence will not be tolerated," he spoke plainly and calmly.

"Puny little blind man. You think you gonna stop the Kwali brothers?" one of them spoke with a guttural laugh.

"If I must," Batuo replied while settling into a Shaolin stance.

"Stupid human," the bigger of the two said.

The bigger of the Kwali's simply thrust out a fist and a ball of ki energy sailed at Batuo. Not enough to destroy a truly trained fighter but enough to do some damage. Enough certainly to level a small building. As it reached him Batuo seemed to snatch it from the air in his open palm without so much as twitching. Pulling it back with the force of it and then twisting it between his hands he seemed to turn it to his will before thrusting his hands forward, sending the attack back at it's creator. The ki blast connected with a thunderous clap that sent the larger Kwali brother tumbling to the ground, scorched and bruised by his own attack.

"I shall not issue further warning. Depart this world immediately or I shall be forced to remove you from it before you may cause harm," Batuo again said calmly as he resumed his stance.

Elite Trainer

Shitagi Summers
    Grandchild of Legends.....
    ------
    I could see it in Basawe's face. I was also able to hear it in his voice when he asked me if I could teach him the proper way to focus his ki to use a Kamehameha. As I looked into his determined eyes I asked him "This goes beyond just the Kamehameha doesn't it? After hearing the stories about Goku your thinking on a much larger scale. Your thinking about what you would do if you were to become a Super Saiyan aren't you?" Basawe seemed surprised at how quickly I figured it out. It didn't take much to reach that conclusion however. Everyone who was of Saiyan blood that knew of the legend thought about it at some point. What would you do if you had a power that could be used to save or destroy life? I always felt it was a power not to be taken lightly.

I was completely serious as I continued speaking to Basawe. "I don't know what has happened in your life that would make you desire that kind of power. You have to know that the transformation itself can be very destructive. Don't forget that the last Super Saiyan before Goku destroyed himself as well as the entire planet he was on. In any case it's not something that you just learn to do normally. Normally it's an emotional response to a great need. Plus the first transformation is usually the hardest one. During that first time a Saiyan is much more aggressive and tends to lose their self to rage and anger. One odd thing about it however is that it seems like children of Super Saiyans almost naturally learn to do it at a young age. But......" I trailed off into silence and my own thoughts on the matter for a moment. Basawe seemed confused about it and it was rightfully so. He didn't know what I knew about Super Saiyans. Finally after a few seconds he snapped me back by asking "But what?" With a little chuckle I said "If it were as simple as that then it doesn't explain why me and my mother are unable to become Super Saiyans. I'm the great grandson of both Goku and Vegeta. Two of their sons managed to transform with little effort when they were about 7 or 8 years old. One of them was my grandfather and Vegeta's daughter was my grandmother. However she never became a Super Saiyan ever. Neither did my mother or me. It's kinda odd when you think about it. There is support that it could be an inherited trait and that the transformation itself is almost on the genetic....." I had to stop myself at this point. It seemed like Basawe was getting lost in all of my scientific reasoning on the matter.

Thankfully my scouter beeped at that moment saving me from an awkward silence. Hitting the button on the side for the communicator I said "Mom I'm patching this to Basawe's scouter as well. How's Zaito holding up?" Her response was in her typical upbeat but serious tone. "Well he's about as stubbon as grandpa was when it comes to admitting how bad he's hurt. However he's not as hardheaded. Zaito injuries weren't too serious and should heal fully. However since full blooded humans tend to be more fragile it'll be at least an hour in the tank for him." At that remark I cringed for a moment being reminded of my dad's accident. Since my Mom couldn't see me she didn't know she had touched a nerve and simply went on talking. "Maybe if things get hairy I can let him out at the 45 minute mark but I'd rather avoid that. His broken ribs will be healed but he'll still be weak in that area. Fighting in that condition may actually hurt him worse in the long run. Despite the fact she couldn't see me I nodded out of habit and thanked her. Looking up at Basawe I said "Well that covers that. Guess we're short a man for now. At least it wasn't too serious."

Switching gears I went back to the subject that Basawe originally asked me about. "As for the other matter I think with a little work I can teach you to use the Kamehameha. The real key to it is focusing your ki as opposed to simply gathering it and using that. When any kind of ki attack is focused in the way I was doing it's power becomes much greater and can exceed the power level of it's user. At one point when he was younger Goku had a power level of about 400 yet his Kamehameha itself was measued at over 1000. There are even attacks stronger than a Kamehameha but with any skill I've learned the key is to know when to use it. In any event now may not be the best of times." Consulting my scouter and my Dragon Radar again I noticed that the Saiyan power level defending one Dragon Ball was still rising but it's rate of climbing was slowing down. Whoever it was he or she would be hitting their peak pretty soon and I had a feeling if the two that had attacked West City were a good indication that they were greatly suppressing their levels. Speaking of the two idiots I noticed something odd. They had stopped moving and one of their power levels had even dropped to about 4400. The one who seemed to be doing this was a new power level that I was only picking up for the first time but that wasn't the most shocking thing. The power level I was reading seemed to be a human that was only at about 300. Either they were greatly hiding their true power or they had such a level of mastery of ki that they were able to easily beat two beings who were at least 10 times stronger than them. The large group that included nearly everyone else now seemed to have a Dragon Ball and I assumed they detected this new battle because they were starting to move towards it. That pretty much settled it for me. Me and Basawe had to help whoever this other Saiyan was. Hopefully once I got close enough I'd be able to tell if it was Gav or the young girl but we'd have to get there first. I had a bad feeling about what they were about to face.

"Let's get out of here. Follow me!"
    ------

Ok I'm trying to get things moving along. I'd assume after that much time passing with a whole forest cleared out that Retasu and company have surely grabbed their Dragon Ball by now and aren't just sitting around if they felt the power levels of the Kwali Brothers coming towards them. Depending on the characters I'm guessing they may be moving to either help JT or in the cases of the ones who simply don't care are moving away from him (not to mention surely fighting over whose DB that is anyway lol). Meanwhile it seems like Gav may need a hand so what better time to get into a fight? ^_~
    TPM's self proclaimed firearms expert, former RPG mod, occassional smartass and all around enigmatic wonder ^_~
    3DS Friend Code: 3196 4256 7846
    XBL: Enigma1985 NYJ
    Steam: enigmaticwonder
    FF.net: https://www.fanfiction.net/~enigmaticwonder85

Stay your blade from the flesh of an innocent.
    Hide in plain sight.
    Never compromise the Brotherhood.
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted.
    -The Assassin's Creed

*Points at the end section of his last post*
    I dont want help, i have an overlying plot worked out with the powers that be *Heald* so you can show up if you like but only as a reactionary to my next post etc which is coming soon.

Afterworld ~ Chapter 2 | Blood Bowl ~ Chapter 3
    If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

Elite Trainer

Sorry about that Gav. Made the post late last night when I was kinda tired. That and I'm getting antsy cause some people aren't posting as much as I wish they would. I'm waiting this story to move forward and not fall dead in the water like so many RPG's in the past :-/

Elite Trainer

OOC-Been like two weeks guys. If no one comes up with something soon I think I can pull something out of my ass in order to at least breathe life into this. At the very least it'll be something to react to.

Veteran Trainer

Rudy, I told you the other day that Heald is gonna kick off the next plot point once he GETS HIS DRUNKEN ASS BACK HERE AND POSTS.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Elite Trainer

Oh I know what you said bro but take it from me. When you got only one guy other than the two creators eager to see things move on after two weeks of nothing it's a bad sign.

I've been in RPG's in the past where if no one is posting at least every other day someone is making an OOC post asking about it at least. I'm not seeing it here and I don't want to see yet another attempt at a decent DB RPG fail before anything truely major battles occur.

The destroyer of worlds Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Psycho Soldier Gamma
    --------------------------------------------

Gamma had trailed behind as Sandor and Hammer headed towards West City. He didn’t have to wait long though for the two Saiyan women to catch him. The two cast curious glances at the psycho soldier as he flew between them. Gamma was able to pick up some of their thoughts as he flew with them, and to be honest, he wasn’t really liking what Retasu was thinking. Let’s just say it involved android decapitation.

“I have a question for you,” Gamma spoke up, getting Retasu’s attention, “The dragonballs. Why do you seek them out. What is it you desire?”

Retasu was quiet for a moment, trying to think of a way to word her answer.

“There is someone I wish to bring back. A great ruler…” despite her answer, Gamma could tell just who she was referring to.

“Vegeta…”

Both Retasu and Kura were surprised that Gamma knew this.

“How did you-“

“And the other wish?” he quickly cut her off. Retasu’s surprise was replaced with confusion.

“What?”

“The dragonballs grant TWO wishes,” he replied, “What do you plan to do with the other wish?”

Retasu began to think, thoughts that the psychic android could see clearly. She wasn’t really sure, but he saw some possibilities fly through her mind. Immortality, power…the same kind of desires those who prove a threat desire.

I thought so…

Thankfully, the conversation didn’t have to continue, as Gamma picked up some power sources not too far from them. Sandor and Hammer had already stopped.

“Another battle…” Hammer murmured, before his eyes turned to Gamma for more. The android nodded.

“Two beings of an unidentified race and a human,” Gamma replied, before turning his head towards West City. “And the saiyan and human from earlier are converging on that location as well. Shall we head there?”

Hammer nodded. “It would be best if we all joined up again.” He turned to the two saiyan women, “Are you coming?”

Kuro shrugged. “We said we’d watch how this unfolded right.’

“Then let’s go!” Sandor piped up, before the five began to head towards the battle.

Ok, the big group’s heading to Batuo’s location.
    Last edited by Mystic_clown; 13th August 2009 at 06:05 PM.
    I'm in your dimensions, screwing with your reality!

Batuo
    ~~~~~~~

The brothers were strong, he couldn't deny that. They were also sluggish and somewhat predictable. The pair was all brute force and no technique. The only thing that made it a challenge was the fact there were two attacking simultaneously. Fielding attacks from two directions he had to devote most of his focus to diverting their assault harmlessly away from anywhere they might cause harm. He had to make a move soon, though, lest one of them get lucky. Every fighter did eventually.

Thankfully, three minutes into their battle he had sufficient time to observe at least the smaller of the two. He had slowly been feeling out the flow of ki in their bodies as they moved. Sensing how their ki network manipulated their muscles and how they channeled it. It had taken longer than usual, perhaps because they were alien, but he finally had one of them figured out.

"Your struggle against me is pointless," he said plainly as he slid harmlessly to the side of the larger one's lunging kick.

With a sudden twist he spun on the smaller one and darted his hand, fingers outstretched to a mantis-like point. The strike landed just under the smaller Kwali's arm and the alien's face lit up with alarm as his arm slumped lifelessly to his side. Batuo slid back in mid-air assuming a new stance, that of the mantis. He had the smaller Kwali figured out now. It was only a matter of time before he did so with the larger one so he could neutralize them both.

"Withdraw from Earth or I shall render you both inert as I have done with his arm," Batuo suggested calmly as he hovered there in the air, coiled to strike again if necessary.

why wub woo Moderator

I haven't forgotten about this, unfortunately, my PC is completely fried and I'm going to be without any internet access this week, or at least it is going to be incredibly limited, not enough to write up a long post. Rest assured this is on my priority list once I repair my computer.
    You have turned my vacation thread into a discussion about Heald's balls. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

why wub woo Moderator

Here it is guys! Sorry for the wait!

Zaito Zhin

[Theme: Goku Healing]

Zaito was in a deep state of meditation, restoring himself to full power and to the state of zen he required in order to defeat those brutes from before. He had been far too emotional, far too sure of his own abilities and they nearly cost him very dearly. As his mind focussed, he began to remember an incident from his younger years at the academy.

Master Lee was sitting alone cross-legged, eyes closed, with a mouth slowly chewing tofu and rice as he held the bowl of food in one hand and a pair of chopsticks in his opposite hand. He seemed to be in a deep state of concentration, not even opening his eyes to check where his chopsticks were going, although somehow managing to perfectly skewer a solitary grain of rice, bringing it to his mouth and biting it off the chopstick.

Suddenly and seemingly without warning, a boy came crashing through the wall next to where Lee sat, although he did not flinch as rubble and plaster scattered across the room. The boy sat up. It was a 10-year old Zaito who rubbed his head and wiped the debris from his shoulders. He was panting hard, his face dirty and bruised.

"I see your wind training is progressing," Lee spoke, still unmoved, not even opening his eyes to acknowledge the presence of his youngest student. Zaito panted and got up on one knee.
    "It is pointless Sensei! Everything I throw at Jin is useless! He embodies the Earth, like a rock, unmoving, unbreakable, impervious. How can Wind defeat such an obstacle?"
    His Sensei carefully put down the bowl, swallowed his last mouthful and stood up. His eyes still closed, he picked up a large piece of rubble in his hand.
    "It is true, Jin is a mighty Earth warrior, but you mistake weakness for power. He does embody the Earth, in that he is stubborn, slow and fragile, much like this brick. For you, being a child born under the sign of Wind, you can truly embody what is a very powerful path indeed."
    His master then tossed the brick in the air. As soon as it reached the apex of its ascent, Lee raised his right index finger in one quick movement, pointing straight at the rubble. A burst of energy surrounded it before firing a bullet of air straight through the brick, shattering it from the inside into thousands of tiny pieces. Zaito stood up on both feet, now enlightened by this. His master finally opened his eyes.
    "Do you understand?"
    Zaito nodded.
    "Then Jin will be defeated in less than a minute."
    Zaito leapt out of the hole in the wall created by being thrown through it back into the outdoors where he had been sparring with Jin.

Zaito opened his eyes. That was many years ago, and one of his most vivid memories. He suddenly realised that his time was up, and he had also become aware that a new, unknown fighter was taking on the Kwalis, and whilst he was holding his own, Zaito could tell he was in trouble if the Kwalis got a hold of him, just like they did with him.

He pulled off his face-mask and leapt out of the tank, changing into his new gi as quickly as possible. As he was about to jet through the door, Shitagi's mother ran through.
    "Your injuries! Are you-"
    "Don't worry, but I am needed. Thank you sincerely for your help."
    "But-"
    But it was too late. Zaito almost instantly disappeared, only leaving behind a fading after image. A gust of wind then shot through the laboratory, sending any loose papers flying in his wake. The doors of the labs blew open with great force and Zaito appeared in the air above West City. He scanned the landscape and then locked onto where the battle was happening.
    "I don't know where Shitagi and Basawe went, but I'm heading to that fight."
    And with that he blasted towards the energy signals.

Within minutes he had appeared at the scene, stopping at the side of another human, seemingly blind judging by the blindfold. On the other side of him were the Kwalis themselves. Zaito had no idea how to approach this situation.
    "I have disabled one of their arms and they now have an ultimatum; leave or die."
    Zaito was surprised by this, but then he guessed even though this guy was blind, he could sense power levels. He guessed, for now, this other human was on his side.
    "The name is Batuo, by the way," the stranger said, still not turning to face Zaito. Zaito smiled.
    "I'm Zaito, and I've already fought these guys. No offence, but they're unlikely to leave."
    Batuo frowned.
    "I was afraid of such. Still-"
    "If you don't mind, I have a score to settle with one of them," Zaito interrupted, pointing at Kamo, whose arm had been disabled. This should, at least, be an easier fight.
    "Hey, look, it's Pinky! I guess you didn't die after all!"
    Zaito let a small smirk cross his face.
    "No, but you're going to wish I did."

Zaito disappeared and reappeared in front of Kamo, powering up a punch and sending it straight into his stomach. This winded Kamo somewhat and with his good arm he swung a poorly aimed punch at Zaito. However, Zaito utilised his small size and speed to easily avoid this strike and planted another punch. As Kamo got more injured and angrier with every strike landed on him and every time he missed the agile human, he began getting sloppier, exposing his weak-spots. Zaito then threw back one fist, powered it up to ten times the amount he had been dealing and punched straight into where Kamo's stomach was softest. Kamo gave a loud yell of pain as Zaito's fist had forced his stomach up into his rib cage, expelling all the air from his lungs. Zaito then took his other fist, powered it up again and swung it into the side of Kamo's head, sending him flying across the sky.

As the alien flew without looking like stopping by his own accord any time soon, Zaito opened up a palm and concentrated his ki through his arm. A small, pulsating ball of white energy began to grow in his hand, starting the size of a pea but growing more and more as energy began to accumulate. It crackled with energy and he was concentrating on keeping it focussed. He then flew at great speed towards the flying body of Kamo and within seconds had caught up to him. He jetted above him, looked him in the eye and then threw the ball of energy down at speed, hitting Kamo straight in the ribs. The super-dense ball of energy, now the size of a tennis ball, forced him to change course, heading straight for the Earth. However, now he was over 20 metres away, Zaito began flying backwards, and as he did he lifted his two fingers together in a fast upwards motion.

What followed was a cataclysmic explosion of bright light and energy as the ball crushing Kamo's ribs exploded, blasting the alien away and echoing across the landscape. Gale-force winds forced Zaito and the other two fighters to lift up their arms over their heads in order to weather the howling gusts.

As soon as the tempest died down, the three remaining fighters turned to face each other. Zaito looked to Batuo. Perhaps together they could finish off Kados. However, a power began to register with him and he turned to face where Kamo had landed. Although he couldn't seem him, he could tell he was still alive. He sighed, although wasn't particularly surprised, since he knew the attack was not enough to kill the alien, but at least he was somewhat incapacitated for now.

Just Too White & Nerdy Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Ok, I had been trying to formulate a good, solid post in here, but first I had to sort out who was with who and what exactly was going on. XD Hopefully I get this right...

Kura: Accompanying Retasu, Gamma, Hammer and Sandor toward the battle with the Kwali brothers

As their rather rag-tag group of fighters flew toward the mounting battle, Kura gazed down at the shimmering orange orb in her hand. The two red stars printed on it's surface seemed to gaze back at her, almost taunting. This was only one of seven Dragonballs, and they would need all of them in order to be granted their two wishes.

The wishes... She already knew what Retasu wanted to do with HER wish, but she had only thought briefly about her own wish. She had an idea, but she wasn't entirely sure yet. Then, as she overheard Gamma speaking with Retasu, it quickly became apparent to her that this android could read thoughts. An interesting but rather inconvenient ability. She didn't know if Retasu was aware of it, but Kura knew she had to be careful to censor her own thoughts while she was in the android's presence. However, as she dropped her eyes once more to the Dragonball, she couldn't stop the single name from flying through her mind...

'Kabu...'

Her brow was furrowed, a small twinge of what looked like sadness and longing, with a hint of anger and vengeance, flashing across her eyes. She only hoped no one was looking at her at that moment. However, she didn't have long to linger on such thoughts, for they were interrupted by a flash of brilliant, white light in the distance, produced by an explosion of energy emitted from their current destination. The wind kicked up from the blast reached all the way to their own position, causing all of them to stop in the air momentarily, holding up an arm against the wind. After it died, she heard Sandor speak first.

"What was THAT?" she asked to no one in particular.

"A powerful attack," said Gamma, pointing out the obvious. "I can only assume it came from one of our...allies. One of the alien powers has diminished, at least for the moment. However, the one that remains is the stronger of the two."

"Yes..." Hammer agreed, with a small 'hmph', "And it seems our human friend has been joined by another. But even between the two of them they may still need help finishing off the remaining opponent."

"Well, that's obvious," Retasu commented, adopting a rather impatient tone. "Two humans hardly stand a chance against such a powerful opponent." She didn't say this in a harsh way, more just like she was stating a well-known fact. Kura knew that Retasu wasn't trying to be demeaning, she was just a bit old-fashioned and fully focused on her own goal. She just hadn't been around humans as long as Kura had, and she didn't know that they shouldn't necessarily be underestimated. It was true that weren't as strong as Saiyans in terms of outright power and level, but they were quite resilient and headstrong, and would keep on fighting even after they had no strength left. They were quite a unique race, humans...

"We need to go help them!" The over-eager Sandor exclaimed, starting to fly off at full speed. However, the robotic arm of Gamma shot out and grabbed her by the back of the shirt, yanking her back.

"Do not be foolish, Sandor," he said in his regular monotone, "You cannot simply rush in without thinking. We must formulate a plan of attack."

Kura said nothing. Even though she agreed with Gamma, she had no intentions of joining the fight at all. Unless there was a Dragonball involved, it didn't concern her, and therefore not her fight. She saw no point in getting herself involved with no apparent benefit. She wasn't about to take responsibility for anyone but herself... not this time. She wouldn't let it happen again.

"I believe," Gamma continued, and Kura noticed him giving her a sideways glance out of the corner of his eyes, "That it would be...beneficial for us all to take part in this. After all, those aliens are after the same thing we are. If they are not stopped they could very well get to the Dragonballs before we do. What would happen then?"

'Then I wouldn't get my wish... she thought, then saw him give the smallest hint of a knowing smile. 'Sh*t...' He had been reading her mind again and had purposefully geared his speech to strike a chord with her. Kura's eyebrow twitched in annoyance. She didn't like being manipulated, but she also knew that he had a point. She crossed her arms over her chest.

"Very well," she said icily, "What did you have in mind?"

**Winner of the "Most Mysterious Character" Award (2009)**
    Sanya Halvacor - Kingdom Heartless

Kuro's quote fav:
    "Take whatever you want, just don't headbutt me." - Bear

Elite Trainer

OOC-Crap.......guess this may just fall on me to get something going again since no one else is posting. It's just's going to feel a bit odd since Shitagi and Basawe left before Zaito yet it was Zaito who got there first :-/

If anything I guess worst case I could just retcon it and say we waited for Zaito and all three of us got there at the same time. That is provided no one else has a problem with it.

nananananananana BATFLEA! Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

((I just realized your character's name has "Shit" in it Rudy. lol dunno why I found that amusing but yeah))
    "A closed mouth gathers no feet."
    -Benjamin Franklin

why wub woo Moderator

Ah, dang, for some reason I assumed you two were heading towards Retasu...oops.

*is working on writing, ill wrap up my situation in the next post and can move on*

If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

Veteran Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Master Rudy View Post
    OOC-Crap.......guess this may just fall on me to get something going again since no one else is posting. It's just's going to feel a bit odd since Shitagi and Basawe left before Zaito yet it was Zaito who got there first :-/

If anything I guess worst case I could just retcon it and say we waited for Zaito and all three of us got there at the same time. That is provided no one else has a problem with it.
    Or you could just man up and admit you screwed up by trying to take the reins with my guy AND Gav's when neither of us wanted to go in that direction - Gav has his own little plot going, and I dunno where Basawe is right now.

As for me, I'm waiting on Gavin to post something. If Basawe shows up in it, I'll have some direction. Otherwise, I gotta wait for Shitagi to do something before I know where I am. Great RPG fundamentals right there when you don't even know where your own character is.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Well as a pointer for blade noone will be popping up in my scenario for now. Heald knows what im upto (if he remembers), its just a little something for later on.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Blademaster View Post
    Or you could just man up and admit you screwed up by trying to take the reins with my guy AND Gav's when neither of us wanted to go in that direction - Gav has his own little plot going, and I dunno where Basawe is right now.

As for me, I'm waiting on Gavin to post something. If Basawe shows up in it, I'll have some direction. Otherwise, I gotta wait for Shitagi to do something before I know where I am. Great RPG fundamentals right there when you don't even know where your own character is.
    Sorry about that Blade. This is the first RPG I've been involved with in a long time that's making halfway decent progress. From older ones I was in I'm more use to having others take control when a large group is involved and move everyone in a paticular direction provided that they don't:

A-Have my character OOC
    B-Make an overly big choice with my character that could put them in extreme danger (for example in a Star Wars RPG have my guy decide it would be a great idea to fight Anakin/Vader one on one WITHOUT A LIGHTSABER!)
    C-Go from point A to point B and have my character stay behind or go to point C (unless I said I was doing one of those things to begin with)

It was mainly a few DB RPG's and Dawn that I shaped and created my playstyle around. I myself got dragged around on a leash so to speak a few times in all of those if we were traveling as a group and I did it a few times myself. Common sense also would suggest that the heroes that are paired up would travel in a group. I mean if we were RPing the Cell Games exactly as they happened in the show you'd expect the guy playing Goku to keep it simple and move everyone along in the obvious direction. It'd make little sense for whoever was playing Vegeta to go somewhere else. And even if he wasn't going somewhere else it gets redundent to have absolutely everyone post that they are going to the same area. To me it always seemed easier to have one person within a group make one post about moving to the next area as opposed to have 3-6 people all say "Hey! We're going this way!" The only time I don't think that should really apply is is Character A is saying the group as a whole is going to Point B and then Character B is saying they are going to Point C instead (hope that makes sense. I'm bad at explaining shit sometimes >_<)

To date I think your the first person I've ever seen really complain about it but I can at least understand where your coming from. I didn't have my character check with yours since I assumed that since I had the Dragon Radar you'd be following along. However since you don't seem to like that I'll try to check in next time first before I absolutely drag everyone around. As for Gav that was my honest mistake. I got overeager and wanted things to move along. When I finally got back to posting I glanced over everything and missed the part where he said he wanted no one joining in. As a result I hung back waiting to see where everything went and that's where I think everything got confused.

As it stands the way I see things it's like this:

Our characters were traveling to fight dumb and dumber along with JT's character but Heald made a mistake and had his character get there before us since he assumed we were going towards Retasu's group. I guess this could work out either way since everyone aside from Gav seems to be headed there anyway. To keep it simple as I said before in my last OOC post I guess we can take a step back and say that we simply waited for Zaito as opposed to moving on without him.
    Last edited by Master Rudy; 2nd September 2009 at 07:58 PM.

Veteran Trainer

Does that come in a one-sentence version?

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

why wub woo Moderator

If you want a clue, I suggest go towards where Zaito and Batuo are fighting the Kwalis. Stuff is going to go down IN A BIG WAY. That's about as helpful a clue I can give you.

Veteran Trainer

Alright, I'll leave Basawe to Rudy, then. I have plans of my own to tend to.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Elite Trainer

Gah......anyone even care about this anymore? Personally I think the major problem is everyone is waiting for someone else to get the ball rolling ~_~()

I'm still willing to give this a go if you guys are. If so I'll break the ice so to speak. Just curious to see who's still intrested ^_~

The destroyer of worlds Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

I'm still willing to give this a try.
    I'm in your dimensions, screwing with your reality!

~HOPES AND DREAMS~ Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Im still in it. I just didnt have the internet at home, but now I do ;D

.: Ben + Brandy :.
    .: September 14th 2012 :.

Elite Trainer

Well since no one else has made an attempt I'm going to try to give this a much needed jumpstart. It's not going to be much but it'll get nearly all of us in one place.

Shitagi Summers
    ------
    With power levels rising all over the place it was clear that things would be getting out of hand before long. I was leading the way to the area where the two brutes who had attacked West City were currently at. As far as I was concerned they still had much to answer for. Basawe was following close behind. For the past few minutes neither of us had said much of anything since we were both just mainly focused on the task at hand.

Suddenly out of nowhere my scouter started to beep rapidly. Since I wasn't actively searching for ki at the moment it managed to catch me off guard. I turned towards the power just in time to see an orange and blue blur blow right past me and Basawe. Stopping for a moment I looked to him. It was clear that we both hadn't expected that. However we both instantly knew who it was. "Was that Zaito?!" he asked with a mix of shock and awe. Nodding I said "Without a doubt. He must be putting nearly every ounce of his power into rushing to that battle. Plus when you consider how focused he was on getting there quickly it's no wonder that he missed us. I think we better crank up the speed as well. I just hope he doesn't burn himself out before the fight." Without another word the two of us summoned all the power we could in an attempt to get there as fast as possible.

A few minutes later we had arrived at the scene. Zaito was hovering near a monk who from all indications appeared to be blind. One of the aliens who had attacked West City was directly in front of them. The other was down on the ground attempting to recover from what appeared to be a pretty brutal attack. Not long after another group showed up consisting of nearly everyone except Gav. Well I guess that settles who it is fighting alone in the other direction I thought to myself. Looking around at everyone I said "Good.....hopefully with all of us here we can start working together and find the unclaimed Dragon Balls before the situation gets any worse."
    ------

Yeah I know. It's not much. However I hope it's enough to get this moving again. With the exception of Gav who had his own plans this puts everyone together again so no more excuses! ^_~

why wub woo Moderator

Thanks Rudy. This has been nagging at me for the last 2 months, but I've honestly been really busy and not had much time to put much thought into this. Rest assured I do have a basic outline of what is going to happen, but in the meantime please sit tight.

Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Heald View Post
    Thanks Rudy. This has been nagging at me for the last 2 months, but I've honestly been really busy and not had much time to put much thought into this. Rest assured I do have a basic outline of what is going to happen, but in the meantime please sit tight.
    No problem man. Hopefully the others are still intrested. Hell everyone kept saying they were. In the meantime I decided to give a new hobby a try. I managed to do a pretty decent looking sprite edit of SSJ Gohan from one of the Super NES fighters. If Shitagi ever managed to go SSJ then this should give you an idea of how he'd look. Let me know what you guys think ^_~

http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/sh...431#post418431

EDIT-In fact if you guys like that and want me to try my hand at doing your character then let me know. Just try to find me a sprite that fits and I'll try to do the rest from there. Just please for the love of God stick to early to mid era SNES sprites. I was originally going to try this with Gohan's sprite from HD instead of the one from SB3. Let's just say that it was extremely complex on the color/detail scale. Seeing that this was my first time there was no way in hell I was attempting that one XD
    Last edited by Master Rudy; 26th October 2009 at 08:57 AM.

~HOPES AND DREAMS~ Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

~~Retasu~~
    Sometimes you get more than you ask for...

My eyes had widened with the revelations the false human had revealed to me. TWO wishes, he had said. For the longest time my sole duty was to return Planet Vegeta to the rule of the rightful Vegeta line, all my other desires would be realised through this. I wouldnt have to marry the son of the Ninjin ruler, the planet would return to the old ways, before Freiza came along and turned our world upside down. Peace was not something I desired, oh no, that was not the Saiyan way. But our race should be united against anything else in the galaxy, not turning inward upon itself like a cancerous growth. Not tearing our world in half, leaving us ripe for a less deserving race to come along and end us for good.

I was sure all of these desires of mine would come about with only one wish, the wish to bring Vegeta back to life. So when I learned of a second wish I was confused. What WOULD I do with a second? Briefly a few selfish wishes floated through my head, thoughts every red blooded Saiyan has probably had at least once. Power, immortality, for in a saiyans world the ability to kill your enemies and stay alive were most important. But these were quickly rejected as another, perhaps dangerous thought surfaced.

What was it that I truely wanted?

Ive spent my life in the underground, training and learning to reclaim Planet Vegeta from the Ninjins. My only desires were actually the desires of other people, I had none of my own. What did I want for my life?

These feelings were confusing and almost crippling, for once I didnt have an answer and didnt have a way to find one. Fortunately something I did know how to deal with presented itself. There was a battle going on far away, but close enough to see the clouds of smoke which accompanied it. At least a battle, I knew how to deal with. Quickly pushing those confusing thoughts to the farthest corners of my mind, I and the other rag tag members of the group flew off to join with the battle.

As we flew, something the False Human had said to Kura tugged at my mind. The aliens were after the same thing we were, aka the Dragonballs. If there is a battle between those aliens, it would seem likely they would not fight unless it was over one of those dragonballs. Otherwise it would be a waste of precious time. As I thought these things I caught the False Human eyeing me. While his expression was neutral he had something of a knowing look in his eyes, a look that bothered me. I frowned and gave him a challenging stare. Its almost like he knows what Im thinking...and what was with all those questions earlier about what I would do with my wish? Why should he care...what could a False Human want with dragonballs, unless he would wish to become a real human? I found that idea ridiculous, until it was quickly replaced by an earlier thought.

Thats right, he WAS after the dragonballs too...and he had some way of tracking them. If I could somehow get inside his head I could run a few diagnostics and perhaps find the part which tracked them, adding it to my own scouter. Then I wouldnt have to stick around with these others. Two wishes werent enough to cover the number of people looking for them at the moment, and I had to ensure my success.

Deep in thought as we flew towards the battle, for the moment I forgot the others were flying with me, and I forgot to mask the feelings on my face.

Its too dangerous to outright attack him. Maybe in the battle ahead though, one of the enemies could damage him.... Before I could complete the thought though we were there.

And then there was no time to think, as we began to fight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, something to move it along. Retasu has plans and theyre not happy ones XD you could see the look on her face if your in that group, but you wont know what shes thinking (cept Bens char obviously, oops lol)
    Also keep in mind Retasu isnt Vegeta from the early sagas, shes not that selfish. Shes closer to Vegeta after he is brought back to life, but still not quite. Hopefully this post will shed more light on her personality for you all ^-~

.: Ben + Brandy :.
    .: September 14th 2012 :.

why wub woo Moderator

Here we go...

[Theme : Destruction]

Zaito Zhin

It hadn't taken long since Zaito had temporarily disposed of Kamo for Basawe and Shitagi to find them. He welcomed the reinforcements, and almost as quickly, four other fighters, the ones from the arena fight, appeared. Zaito was panting slightly; his last attack left him somewhat drained.

"Nice to see some back-up," he said, appreciatively but somewhat laconically. One of the Saiyans, Retasu, snorted at him.
    "Hmm, not bad for an Earthling. This second one shouldn't be too much trouble."
    The android, Gamma, was already sizing Kados up.
    "His power level exceeds any of ours...although as a team we could defeat him."
    Retasu laughed at this.
    "Hah, power levels or not, I'm sure I could deal with him."
    Shitagi decided to speak up.
    "Hey, I don't know how you do things on your home planet, but here-"
    "Move!" Batuo stated loudly, pointing down to where Kamo had landed.

Some followed the command almost without question; others looked to see a large purple blast fired from the ground screaming towards them. Everyone managed to avoid it easily, but Kamo had recovered and was flying towards them shooting powerful energy blasts at them, albeit with little accuracy. Eventually the angry Kamo joined his brother, obviously very upset.
    "PINKY!" he yelled, pointing at Zaito, "You're gonna pay for that stunt!"
    "How did the blind guy see the blast before any of us?" Zaito heard someone mutter behind him. He didn't care to see who said it, but he was more occupied by the monsters who, despite throwing everything he had at, couldn't even down them for more than a minute.
    "Kamo, calm down!" his brother yelled, grabbing Kamo's arm.
    "Are these two for real?" Kura asked. Retasu was frowning.
    "I don't care what these two clowns are up to, I want to know why we aren't already pummelling them."
    Zaito smiled. This Saiyan might be arrogant, but she at least earned points for having guts.

Kamo had been calmed somewhat and Kados grinned.
    "I think it's time we used the Kwali Planet Breaker Beam," he said to his brother. He took his arm and put it round his brother's shoulder. What followed was some kind of bastardised fusion process that seemed to merge the two into one through the sides, becoming a two-armed, three-legged, two-headed, half orange, half blue conglomerate. All of their group looked on in a mixture of shock, surprise and horror.
    "What...what the hell is that thing?" Retasu asked.
    "It looks like fusion, but it's definitely not perfect. Their power has increased, but not by the scale of both their power levels combined," Gamma spoke up.

They had no time to debate what had just occured; the Kwalis were now powering up a massive attack between the hands, the sheer force of the power they were summoning blowing away the team.
    "If they fire that thing at us, we're dead!" Kura yelled, covering her head, trying to speak over the gales that were emanating from the Kwalis.
    "Yeah, but if we don't stop that attack, they're going to destroy the whole planet!" Basawe yelled back. Retasu finally broke the ceasefire and stood up against the winds.
    "Looks like I'm going to be the one to stop this!" she shouted, pressed both her hands together, powered up a beam and fired it at the Kwalis. The Kwalis, in turn, fired their attack, a ferocious, massive beam of energy that collided with Retasu's beam, nearly knocking her back and definitely overpowering her beam.
    "Retasu!" Kura yelled as she stood next to her and fired her own beam, helping to hold back the Kwalis' attack, however, it was clearly only stalling the inevitable.
    "Will you idiots help us!" she yelled. Shitagi and Basawe both stood next to them and fired their own beams. Hammer, Sandor and Gamma all nodded at each other and joined the battle of beams. Batuo looked at Zaito.
    "You coming to help?"
    Zaito grimaced and regained his breath.
    "Yeah, let's do it!" he stated and both he and Batuo flew up to complete the chain of beams. They both powered up attacks. Zaito put one hand straight out front and put his other hand grasping his outheld forearm.
    "Wind Rifle!" he yelled, summoning the energy of the wind elemental and his inner spirit, channelling it into a powerful beam that joined the other beams holding back the Kwalis' attack.
    "How long can we keep this up?!" Sandor yelled over the crackling energy.
    "Hopefully longer than that monster can!" Hammer shouted back. As Zaito felt himself reach breaking point, suddenly a very powerful energy made itself known, and a flash of red light darted across them. The Kwalis ended their attack and the beams dissipated. The Kwalis had this blank look on their faces, then they fell, and as their bodies fell, their heads fell off as well, cleanly decapitated from their bodies.

The team had no time to discuss what had just happened as they turned around and saw what had just ended the Kwalis: another alien, and this one seemed far more powerful, and far more intelligent than what they had just struggled to contend with.

---

Yup, Rothax has arrived guys.

Veteran Trainer

I'll post a follow-up soon but I need a quick refresher from Rudy: Where is the 4-star Dragonball? Is it with Shitagi now, or is it back with his mom?

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Elite Trainer

Shit.....well the Dragon Ball itself was with Shi and Basawe. The whole point of going to West City was to keep it away from the bad guys. Once Shitagi figured out they had DR tech the new plan was get it away from a populated area in order to keep innocents out of the crossfire. Shi's carrying it along with the DR in a small bag tied to his belt. I had a pretty good idea (ingenious even! ) that I was going to pitch to Heald as a way to possibly protect the DB's. However with the arrival of Rothax that changes everything. I don't think the group is up a creek without a paddle......we're up shit creek without a frigging boat! XD

*Jar Jar Binks charges in* Issa people gonna die!?
    *Rudy shoots him*

Guess that answers that......

Elite Trainer

This really needs to get back on track......
    Now I do have an idea on starting a fight with Rothax. Problem is I have no clue what Heald's got in mind, nor what I can actually get away with. Heald if your seeing this and haven't checked your PM's yet then I'd suggest doing so now ^_~

Veteran Trainer

Rothax will be kicking all our asses by tomorrow.

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe

Elite Trainer

Oh good.....we all die today. Better start writing your final posts folks! ^_~
    lol j/k

why wub woo Moderator

If you're interested, we now have A Lounge Thread. I'd appreciate it if people used it.

Thanks!

Veteran Trainer

Anybody who recognizes this battle scene wins ten billion Internets and a bottle of whisky I snaked from my dad's cabinet.

Rothax

A pair of humans, a pair of Saiyans, a Namekian, and three humans with unusual power levels and qualities...

That was what had engaged the Kwalis and failed to even counter their Planet Breaker Beam, let alone destroy them.

Rothax didn't look impressed. In fact, he looked downright irritated as he walked towards the group.

"Excuse me." he said flatly as he pushed Zaito and Kura aside, marching towards the corpses of the Kwalis.

"IDIOTS!" he bellowed at them. "I said to gather the Dragonballs, NOT blow them up! How stupid can you two be?! You nearly blew up the entire planet, AND my ship along with it!"

The group gave Rothax looks ranging from shock and fear to mild confusion, but they all turned to shock quickly enough when the decapitated Kwali heads spoke!

"We're sorry, boss!" Kados said pitifully. "We was just trying to help!"

"Yeah!" Kamo added as the Kwali body began to fumble around for its missing heads. "They weren't telling us anything, so we thought-"

"THINKING," Rothax cut in (loudly, of course), "is NOT your STRONG SUIT!"

"But..."

"BACK to the SHIP." Rothax ordered. "Get to the medical bay and pull yourselves together. I'll deal with you two once I get rid of them and take the Dragonballs."

"Yes, boss..." the Kwalis said glumly, finally gathering their heads up and flying (very erratically) off into the sky. Rothax turned his attention away from them and back to the group of Earthlings.

"Taking the Dragonballs?" Retasu echoed, smiling arrogantly. "You must think-"

"SO," Rothax interrupted irritable, as though he hadn't even heard the female Saiyan," you're the ones who've been giving my troops problems." His gaze fell to the shining orb on the ruined ground they stood upon. "And you've also been gathering the Dragonballs." His expression changed slightly, to a faint grin. "It's nice to see you're going to such trouble to help me. I already have one ball in my possession; the ones you've found will bring my total to three. And you, Namekian... You'll lead me to the rest."

Hammer gasped, and Shitagi began to sweat a bit. "Three?" he muttered. "But you said you only have one, and the one here makes two..."

"Don't play dumb, boy." Rothax replied. "I have advanced machinery that can detect Dragonballs and I know there is a second one amongst you."

"Advanced machinery?" Basawe replied. "Like radar? How could you have something like that?"

"Yeah, and who are you, anyway?" Sandor cut in.

"I am Rothax." the tyrannical alien replied. "And once I have your Dragonballs, I'll be disposing of you. I'm sure I can find the last four balls by myself. Waiting for my troops to find them is boring..." He raised one hand slightly... Then aimed a punch at Hammer. e didn't move from his spot. He merely punched at Hammer from twenty feet away...

And Hammer's eyes widened, and suddenly he was on the ground, unconscious.

"And I DON'T like to be bored."

"Retasu," Kura whispered to her friend, "what does the scouter say about his power level?"

Retasu reached and pressed the button on her scouter.

Retasu gulped.

"It's over nine thousand..." she muttered back, quickly regaining her composure. "Alright, 'Rothax.'" she proclaimed. "I dunno who you think you are, but we have you outnumbered. If anybody is going to be taking these Dragonballs, it's going to be ME. Kura, take him out!"

"With pleasure." Kura said, cracking her knuckles. She zoomed across the ground, fist back...

FWOOM!

The ground itself shook as her fist connected with the alien's chest, a loud crack echoing through the air.

Kura screamed as the dust settled. Her fist had not only done NO damage, but it looked like it'd been crushed between two steel plates! Blood spurted and dripped from her knuckles, staining Rothax's armor red.

"Kura!" Retasu yelled, eyes wide.

"FOOLS!" Rothax boomed, crossing his arms over his chest. "If you're all so eager to throw your lives away, THEN SO BE IT!!!!"

Rothax glowed with a blue aura, growling deep in his throat before throwing out his arms and screaming, a powerful surge of energy ripping across the field, blowing several of the fighters clear away! The ground shook as a mechanical whirr filled the air and some sort of futuristic machinery hummed to life and into overdrive. As the smoke cleared, Rothax's armor could be seen glowing a vivid blue, his muscles swollen and his teeth gritted as he cast his glowing glare onto Earth's warriors.

"I'LL CRUSH YOU!!!!!!!"

The first warriors back on their feet were a furious Retasu, followed by Shitagi and Zaito, Basawe, and finally Gamma. Sandor and Batuo stood back, watching over the injured Kura and Hammer (respectively). Retasu, Shitagi, Zaito, and Basawe rushed at Rothax from one side; Gamma flew at him from the side. Rothax leapt into the air; the five warriors followed him at lightning speed.

Retasu flew at him, both fists back.

FWISH!

Rothax vanished and reappeared behind her, mule-kicking her in the back and sending her flying with her own momentum. Shitagi took the opportunity to fly up from below, hand glowing with energy.

FWISH!

Rothax vanished again, reappearing behind and above Shitagi in a backwards midair roll, leveling an axe kick on his head that sent him plummeting towards the ground. Zaito flew at him, trying to land a punch, only to have Rothax's fist slam him in the gut. He fell back, wheezing, as Rothax zoomed behind him (FWISH!) and swung his fist in an arc, smashing Zaito sideways. Gamma flew at him at the same time; Rothax merely crouched out of the way and held his palm out, blasting a beam of energy at the android and blowing him clear out of the sky. Basawe flew past Gamma and stopped.

FWISH!

He turned around, already knowing Rothax would be there.

FWISH!

There was nothing. He turned back (FWISH!) around.

FWISH!

FWISH!

FWISH!

He couldn't find Rothax anywhere!

WHAM!

Two thick fists balled together and slammed in between Basawe's shoulderblades, causing him to cry out and plummet. Retasu flew back, straight at Rothax's chest; he spun to the side and slugged her in the chest, fell back and kicked her in the chin, then spun into another axe kick and dropped her lick a rock. Shitagi tried to recover and fly back, but Rothax merely backhanded him as soon as he got in range, then kicked behind him a nanosecond later, slamming Zaito back. Gamma fly up and tried to crush him from above with his Matter Ball.

FWISH!

Rothax was simply too fast. He reappeared over Gamma's head and stomped, sending the mechanical man rocketing to the ground before kicking an enraged Retasu back. Shitagi and Zaito flew up and tried to combine their primary attacks, but Rothax mesponded by curling into a spiky ball and then pinball slamming them in two different directions!

FWISH!

Retasu, Shitagi, and Zaito all slammed into one another on the ground.

FWISH!

Rothax reappeared before them, palms out as he blasted all three of them skyward with his Needle Cannon. Basawe tried to quickly recover.

FWISH!

FWISH!

The alien's ungodly speed easily overpowered him: a double kick slammed him sideways before a backfist sent him smashing through the ground. Gamma flew at the temporarily paused Rothax, fists surging with power. But Rothax's patience had reached its limit.

"NYEARGH!!!" he yelled, slamming one!

BAMF!

Two!

BAMF! BAMF! BAMF! BAMF!

Countless bullet punches knocked Gamma around like a gravity-defying ragdoll. Warning lights flashed in Gamma's eyes.

"NYEAAAGH!!!!"

A flurry of relentless blows knocked Gamma further and further skyward, denting and rupturing the poor android's body as through it were paper. Gamma flew back, reeling from the assaults as Rothax flew and curled up into a balls again in front of him.

"DIE!!!!!!!!!"

A flash of light filled the air as Rothax vanished and reappeared behind Gamma, this time leaving a blue trail in his wake... One that went straight through Gamma's torso...

The Androids eyes were wide; blood trickled from his mouth as a surgically-accurate seam appeared across his stomach... And he fell...

The Android's legs landed behind Shitagi, sparks sputtering from his severed stomach as Shitagi watched in horror. His arms, head, and torso fell and crashed not far from Retasu and Zaito. The two could do little but look away from the grisly sight as Gamma's eyes glazed over, fingers twitching and then going still.

----------------------------------

So... Who's next...? >:J

(Nintendo) 4 Lyfe