Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Tears View Post
[size=1]mr_pikachu you should put up a sign "We have no more room for enrollment in [said class]. Go Away. Now. Or we'll feed you to the school's personal kraken, or something else as ridiculous but no less intimidating."

:3
Oh, we have that sign. It's at the front of the department. No one pays attention to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Tears View Post
Random Writing Question Time: The difference between affected and effected. :3 Just a simple explanation please. I'm way too tired to understand big, fancy, words. XD XP
Simple? Okay, I'll do what I can.

Generally, "effect" is a noun and "affect" is a verb. You can [I]affect[/] my nose by punching it.

*gets punched*

See the blood trickling down my face now? That was the effect of your wrath.

NOTABLE EXCEPTION #1: "Effect" can sometimes be a verb, specifically used to describe something that makes something else happen or otherwise brings about change. If you successfully promote legislation that makes punching Grammar Nazis in the face perfectly legal, then you have effected that transition to a new era in anti-Grammar Nazi hate crimes.

NOTABLE EXCEPTION #2: "Affect" can sometimes be a verb that describes the emotional or psychological state and/or response levels of an individual. Low affect levels are common among individuals with autism, for example, although it is very possible that your test will yield a similar result if you just punched the subject in the face.

Confused yet? Don't worry. Just follow the first set of guidelines (before the exceptions), and you'll be fine the vast majority of the time. If you're writing a psych paper, you might also want to know the second exception, but you probably guessed that already. As long as you've learned from this, my nose will not have fallen in vain.