Thread: ASB Movelist

Hybrid View

Jump, little Snorlax, jump! Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default Re: ASB Movelist

*reads DL's post like nine times*

Er, I don't like the cartoon physics thing. What's stopping a Smeargle user from constantly Sketching their opponent into ridiculously deep holes that can't be climbed out? Or painting them into cages? Or sealed tanks of water? Or dropping dump truck-sized anvils on them? Or painting walls that function like Protect but, since they're not Protect, could be feasibly used again and again in succession?

That on top of being able to Sketch any of their opponent's moves directly AND being able to draw any medium that can use any move = brrrroken. More broken than before this conversation?

Also, I think the Movelist entry for Sketch should be edited to include (among like fifty other things) a proviso about what makes for an acceptable medium. To use recent examples I've encountered, Ash trying to Sketch a rainbow-coloured orb that could call upon any move and battle gloves jewelled with all the elements.
    Last edited by Oslo; 12th May 2012 at 06:57 PM.

2 hot to hold, 2 cold to fold Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Default Re: ASB Movelist

Quote Originally Posted by Oslo View Post
    *reads DL's post like nine times*

Er, I don't like the cartoon physics thing. What's stopping a Smeargle user from constantly Sketching their opponent into ridiculously deep holes that can't be climbed out? Or painting them into cages? Or sealed tanks of water? Or dropping dump truck-sized anvils on them? Or painting walls that function like Protect but, since they're not Protect, could be feasibly used again and again in succession?
    Ref interpretation. I'm pretty sure that
    1) Deep holes have no precedence when it comes to Dig, since if the Pokemon could not dig themselves out, then adversely, they could not be attacked by the other Pokemon effectively.

2) Painting them in cages is legal. Cages have gaps in them. Cages can be broken. You said cage. not "Steel and cement laden box of no air=death"

3) Sealed tanks of water=Teleport into Ocean depths. Been done before LOL.

4) Dump Truck sized anvils. The action it takes for the object to form, they can step away, barring any extreme circumstance. Free Agility..

5) Walls. Protect would still follow the same criteria, but those walls would break down, and be ineffective.

Baically, Im sayting that ref interpretation of how the move can be correlated to a Pokemon Move is necessary of how its sketched.

Also, I think the Movelist entry for Sketch should be edited to include (among like fifty other things) a proviso about what makes for an acceptable medium. To use recent examples I've encountered, Ash trying to Sketch a rainbow-coloured orb that could call upon any move and battle gloves jewelled with all the elements.[/quote]

o.O LOL @ infinity Gauntly reference.

i Judge your entertainment!
    Entertaining quotes!
    From textsfromlastnight.com:

(518): I legitimately just tried to piss above my head. I got to my chest at highest. There's piss everywhere.

(801): I can't help but be optimistic. I'm like a ball of slutty sunshine.