Thread: Anime Trivial Pursuit

Evil Plotter Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Anime Trivial Pursuit

Well, campers, in the effort to try to jumpstart this forum, here's a nice new trivia game. This anime trivia game basically following the lines of Trivial Pursuit, but with levels rather than spaces. Once you get a question right in each category you go on to the next level, going from General Knowledge to Extreme Otaku. If there are enough sign-ups, then it'll be broken up into teams who can freely consult each other. If you miss a question, then you have to wait until your next turn to try and get the point again. There are six categories and six levels, making 36 questions in all. Regrettably, the only prize I can offer is a spiffy sig banner proclaiming you the Uber-Leet Otaku or some such.

The six categories are Geography, Music, History, Science & Nature, Characters, and General. Answers are to be PMed to me to prevent copying. The person who gets the correct answer first will be posted and the next question will be asked. A running tally of chips will be in. A question will be posted for each person/team by name after the first level, or for the tied person/team. If anyone's interested, please post.

Da Big Cheez of TCG Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Uh, geography? h:

Ill join, but the part bout being the 1st to PM, well... lets juz say i dont exactly have much time on my hands. And i havent exactly watched that much anime either.

But meh, ganbarimasu.
    Roarkiller
    The only one there is

Roarkiller.net

The Last TCG Moderator

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I like this. I was wondering whether a trivia game would be any good.

Count me in. And I promise I won't be mean or anything. Besides, it it's before 2001, I probably won't know it.

Advanced Trainer

Geography being more questions about the location the anime takes place in rather than where it is. And I'm going to take into account that many people can't be on-line constantly (I can't either, I work).

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

This looks interesting. I guess I'll join in.
    The one and only Pokemaster Ash
    Pokémon Master, and a bunch of other otaku-ish things...

Former ASB Veteran Trainer
    Owner of every Pokémon

Fanboy of Sabrina (Pokémon), Mistral & Mireille (.hack//), and probably quite a few others I've forgotten at the moment ^_^;

Count me in as well for the heck of it.

Though I expect you all to go sneak at animenfo or some such site (ANN's encyclopedia is still down :'() when you admittedly don't know.

I'll know when to start getting off the computer if I get too many questions right...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Azura Stardust
    Count me in as well for the heck of it.

Though I expect you all to go sneak at animenfo or some such site (ANN's encyclopedia is still down :'() when you admittedly don't know.

I'll know when to start getting off the computer if I get too many questions right...
    Like you won't?

Im in, could use a laugh though i dont know all that much....

expects nil points...

Afterworld ~ Chapter 2 | Blood Bowl ~ Chapter 3
    If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

BU-KA-DING!!! Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I'd be interested in joining this.... Although, like most others have said, I haven't seen all too many animes and don't know every little detail about the ones I have, but I do know a little bit!!

This sound like fun! Count me in! ^_^
    Matataku Hoshi no Shita de
    Kono basho ga doko darou to miagereba matataku hoshi
    Sono shita de kimi wo omoeba warukunai yoru ni naru
    Fuan wo kazoeta yubi ni
    Nukumori ga tomoru

Shinjiru to iu kotoba wo kimi wa kodomoppoi to warau kai
    Miwatasu kagiri no kouya de yukusaki wo shimesu mono
    Mune ni daite aruitekou
    Sekai ga wazuka ni kagayaku

The bonds we have with those close to us keep us connected always...

Advanced Trainer

Yay, people are signing up. And I'd like to think most of you wouldn't cheat by looking up answers, but I know it's just something I'd like to think. The first levels will be really easy, though they'll span from the 1960's-2004. Even though I don't watch much new anime, I'll do my best to put in a good mix of questions.

Deadline for sign-ups and the day the game starts will be Friday.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

I think characters, music and general will be my forte.

Yes, I won't be alarmed if everyone snakes animeNFO.

Da Big Cheez of TCG Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

AnimeNfo's nice, but its not perfect. Luckily i got a few others on my list.

But seriously speaking tho, i think it would be nice if everyone here promises not to look up on anything OTHER than their own PERSONAL resources. Like, say, u own a website on anime, it counts as ur own, or if u own that particular title, u can use it as reference. Otherwise, like using popular anime sites, r illegal.

Takes a lot of trust to do this tho, but its a proposal nontheless. And its a better gauge of who knows their anime better, and after all, this is juz a game. And a game aint fun if ppl cheat, right?

EDIT: Speaking of forté, mine's obviously ghibli stuff.
    Roarkiller
    The only one there is

Roarkiller.net

The Last TCG Moderator

TMM: I'm not telling ;D (I didn't say I wouldn't use it. But I don't know if I'll bother to go. Maybe... whatever)

It would be nice and fine if we all didn't, though if I never had to and I got enough questions right, yes, I will go and do my homework and stop watching so much anime :x

I don't really like AnimeNFO myself, but ANN's encyclopedia is down I really think it was a great great source of info. Actually it's good thatit's down this period, you can't find as much on AnimeNFO. Narrows it down a wee bit maybe...

My er... "forte" would be... heck, I don't think I have one. Maybe Melody of Oblivion because not so long ago I remember looking up the name sof some of the seiyuu and putting it the ANN database. I vaguely remember some things like Sanae Kobayashi who plays Toune in MoO, and Madlax in Madlax (or was it Margaret?) and... somebody in Mermaid Melody Pitchi Pitchi Pitch, as well as I think in one of the m.o.e. mini-stupid-series, Love Love?, Smash Hit or Cosmopolitan Prayers....