Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your latest CD purchase.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Default Your latest CD purchase.

Right I saw this on another forum and thought why not have it here. You post your most recent CD purchase and we discuss each others recent purchases and stuff. Fair random. I thought it would be interesting to have one here too. Okay then I'll start. I recently went into HMV and bought these:

Megadeth - Killing Is My Business... And Business Is Good
    I've been looking for this album for so long and I eventually found it needless to say it was instantly bought (with student discount of course mwaha)

Trivium - Ascendancy
    Decided to randomly pick it up and it's a really good album. Even if some bits in the album could use a little changes its overall a very strong release. Needless to say I'll be picking up their first album soon.

So let it begin.
    Pokemon Pearl FC: 3479 9091 3139

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer
    A strange and magical frozen land of ice and beer called "Canada"

Default Re: Your latest CD purchase.

Moonlyght - Progressive Darkness
    Running only 55 minutes with 7 tracks, (average of 8 min. each), Moonlyght's first official album takes death metal brutality to the extreme while mixing in the key elements of progressive metal into an oddly harmonious combination. Think of a cross between Symphony X and In Flames... before In Flames started to suck, that is.

Dream Theater - Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence
    This 2-Disc album contains 6 standard Dream Theater fare on the first disc, while the second contains the 42:07 title track, Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence. Yes, 42 minutes long. And you thought SX's Divine Wings of Tragedy was overkill.
    [img][/img]

Mewfour is a Canadian writer and longtime TPM veteran.
    Over his impressive 9-year ficcing career he has won 5
    Silver Pencils and 3 Golden Pen awards, and currently holds
    the record for most times won Most Evil Fanficcer (3)

He's also not above posting stuff about himself in the third person.

Rent Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
    I'll admit, I'm obsessed. 2 CDs and 28 tracks keep even the most rabid of fangirls happy, even though I paid close to $1 per track.

[b]The last CD I recived was the RENT soundtrack which I got for christmas. Most of the songs are quite awesome with the exception of a few like over the moon and the bonus track.
    CHOMP~

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Jack Johnson's Sing-A-Longs & Lullabies For The Film Curious George. it's a quality album. sure, may be for kids, but it's meant for all ages, and jack johnson pulled it off. it's a good relaxing cd, and so i highly reccommend it.
    “I always say if you’re going to get shot, do it in a hospital.”
    -House

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

My mum just got that jack johnson album and I only listened to 4 tracks from it when on the way back from my mum picking me up from college. 2 words to describe it. Boring and Samey. Pretty much summed it up. It was like the lightness of classical music without the interesting composition or the enchanting melodies.

SW-2628-7394-6108 Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Streetlight Manifesto's "Everything Went Numb"
    winner of the (a)ncient (2009), (v)intage, (2009), (v)eteran award (2011), (e)veryone wins! (2011),
    (q)ueenly (2012), (y)ara sofia with Oslo (2012), (l)egalized (2014), (d)ream (2015), (a)ctive (2019), and (e)ighth generation unown awards! thanks TPM!

member since day 1

#OccupyMtMoon
    TPMNoVA12 ~ Hopes and Dreams ~ Team Birdo
    TPMUK12 ~ Drink the Pounds Away ~ Groceries

3DS Code: 3325-3072-6715
    GO Code: 1336-7550-2201
    You Are Awesome.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

I know its a single but it's still a CD purchase. I just bought KT Tunstall - Another Place To Fall. I mean I have the album but I bought the single anyways. I need to try and get some of her older singles off the net somewhere. But anyways. 'Tis a good single. Seeing her live in june. Can't wait.

Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

Well, the last time I bought CDs me, my sister and our two cousins all put in together to share five CDs that we bought. Those 5 were:

Bon Jovi - Bounce.
    Franz Ferdinand - You Could Have It So Much Better.
    The Darkness - One Way Ticket To Hell.
    Bon Jovi - Slippery When Wet. (we are all mega Bon Jovi fans ^^)
    U2 - Best of 1990-2000.

It was a good trip actually, all of the CDs between $10-15.

The last CD I actually bought myself, though, was Hysteria by Def Leppard.
    ...Quest for the Truth of the Legend ...

Lisa the Legend

Winner of 12 Silver Pencil Awards 2011 - Including Best Plot, Best Character in a Leading Role, Best Moment and Best Fic of the Forum for Lisa the Legend!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu
    Feel free to withdraw at any time, Gavin.

Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post
    ...Far too many references!! You're like the Swiss army knife of discussion.

Hahaha...time to torture you guys:
    Last 3 cds I bought...

1.October Fall- A Season in He//(A lot like Something Corporate)
    2.Five Iron Frenzy- Proof That The Youth Are Revolting(Live album and My name is in the booklet)
    3.Five Iron Frenzy- The End Is Near(Ahh, Christian Ska, and the bands last album w/ live cd)
    [SIZE=4]
    ~The Real Crystal Articuno~
    Looking for AC/CC battles, PM me...
    My Adopties
    AvengerPokes
    ASB Team

Thanks Saffire Persian for the rad banner!!

Master Trainer

Bad Religion's "New America"... which is an INCREDIBLE album.

Christian ska? Is it any good? I love ska like a fat kid loves Cake *no pun intended*
    winner of the (a)ncient (2009), (v)intage, (2009), (v)eteran award (2011), (e)veryone wins! (2011),
    (q)ueenly (2012), (y)ara sofia with Oslo (2012), (l)egalized (2014), (d)ream (2015), (a)ctive (2019), and (e)ighth generation unown awards! thanks TPM!

member since day 1

#OccupyMtMoon

You Are Awesome.

Banned

I obtained many albums in the last week or two. Be amazed!

Suede – S/T
    Erasure – Chorus
    Dishwalla – Pet Your Friends
    Living Color – Vivid (casette)
    The Wallflowers – Bringing Down the Horse (cassette)
    U2 – War (upgrade to CD from MP3)
    REM – Monster
    Eminem – Curtain Call
    Goo Goo Dolls – Dizzy Up the Girl
    Goo Goo Dolls – Gutterflower
    Colonel Claypool’s Bucket of Bernie Brains
    Iron Maiden – Powerslave
    Iron Maiden – The Number of the Beast
    Talking Heads – Sand in the Vaseline
    The Clash – Sandinista
    The Clash – The Clash (US)
    The Clash – London Calling
    Kanye West – Late Registration
    Kanye West – The College Dropout
    Oysterhead - The Grand Pecking Order
    Coldplay – X & Y
    Kiss – Alive (Vinyl)
    Led Zeppelin – IV (on Vinyl *w00t!*)
    Rolling Stones – You Can’t Always Get What You Want (Single)
    The Animals – House of the Rising Sun (Single)
    John Lennon/Yoko Ono – Woman/Beautiful Boys (Single)
    The Monkees – I’m a Believer (Single)
    Styx – Babe (single)
    Elton John – Benny and the Jets (Single)
    Ray Charles – Eleanor Rigby/Understanding (Single)
    Chuck Berry – My Ding-A-Ling (Single)

Five Iron Frenzy is pretty good, imo. Better than some of that Ska-Punk stuff.

What are you looking at? Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Lately I have been finding myself listening to alot of World Music (music out of Europe, India and Africa), and more laid-back music.
    I recently bought Buddha Lounge, Tropical Chill, Cafe de Luna, and World Groove Mix, Volume I

I also listen to alot of J-Pop and J-Rock, and mix that with some rock music like Coldplay, 3 Doors Down and the Goo Goo Dolls
    midnightangel
    Just a Twitter slut and a Tumblr whore.

Modding GD for 20+ years Moderator

It's been a while that I got a new CD, easily a month. My collection is already so vast that I have pretty much every song I enjoy on some album. But last month I was able to acquire a rare piece of Austrian humerous music. It was a best of compilation by then-famous local comedians Pierron & Knapp. They had their prime in the 50s and 60s and I remember listening to their witty songs when I was a child (my father had a music casette of them). Stumbled over it on Amazon.
    Austrian ViceMaster Alex

Winner of the 2014 UnownN award.
    Winner of the 2015 UnownW award.

Nifty darn comics

Contact me on Steam, userhandle: avma
    Follow me on Twitter: ClarityFV

Still More Important Than Zak Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Jack Johnson is an amazing artist. I love him. I have his first two albums and his third one should be coming my way soon... However, I do have a few CDs coming in from BMG as well...

Led Zeppelin - Houses of Holy
    >>>I've been wanting this album for awhile now. My favourite LZ song is probably Over the Hills and Far Away. In fact, it's one of my favourite songs period.

Rush - Exit Stage Left
    Rush - All the World's a Stage
    >>>Been wanting some Rush albums. I saw one of their live shows on VH1 and was blown away. Alex Lifeson is easily one of the greatest guitar players. Plus, I really love the song Tom Sawyer and always have. That's the song that got me hooked on Rush ages ago.

Coheed and Cambria - Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star: IV
    Coheed and Cambria - In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: III
    >>>Trying to check out some new stuff. I like these guys. They're great musicians. Claudio's voice is a little... Strange... But definitely unique. And that has always been something that catches my ear. Which explains why most new bands DON'T catch my ear. They all sound nearly identical.

Eric Johnson - Venus Isle
    >>>Eric Johnson is one of my favourite blues guitarists. And he has a cool voice. And a cool guitar. And he's very melodic.

Megadeth - Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?
    >>>I don't have an old Megadeth album (Just a newer one: Countdown to Extinction) and I love the song which the album is named after. Megadeth is probably the best thing that came about due to Metallica.

Definitely a good haul.
    Original Knight of I.N.D.E.E.D.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

The Flaming Lips - At War With The Mystics

it's a different take than Yoshimi, where it was all dreamy electronica. it still has plenty of the dreamy up top, but at the core there tends to be more of a prog rock core than anything else. there's prince-like funk and more. one thing that is a little off is the songwriting at times, but it's like there's these stellar songwriting tracks then some that are ok, but not great. another is that a lot of steven's drumming doesn't show up, instead being replaced by handclaps, etc. it's not a bad thing, though. just different.

all in all, it doesn't compare to Yoshimi or Soft Bulletin, but it's a quality album. must get for 2k6
    -House

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

today I just bought The Fray, How to Save a Life

its pretty good actually. haha

i ♥ f a n f i c f o r u m Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Its been so long since I bought a cd that the last cd I bought was June 2005 and it was Funeral For a Friend - Hours

it cost me $25 and it was good.

WAit! No

THe last CD i bought was Bodyjar's self titled CD.
    I bought that when I saw them, and it was good :-)

♥ Funeral for a Friend . Opeth . Faith No More . Dream Theater ♥
    Unown ! Award (2008) for Amazing Comback!
    Unown S Award (2009) for Smile
    2009 Silver Pencils:
    Best Poem (All I Can Say About You) | Best Plot Twist (Full Moon) | Best Contributor | Queen of Fanfic | TPM Addict

Quote Originally Posted by shazza View Post
    Mt. Moon gives me that similar feeling I used to get when I would wake up first thing in the morning as an 11/12 year old and get excited about browsing TPM.

Banned

Stabbing Westward - Darkest Days
    I've had this album on CD-R for years, but I finally got around to buying the actual CD.

Roxy Music - Avalon
    Not bad, but I prefer their self-titled of albums that I've heard so far. A nice way for them to go out, though.

David Bowie - Hours
    Very good for 90s Bowie. Need to listen more.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Megadeth - Peace Sells... But Who's Buying?
    >>>I don't have an old Megadeth album (Just a newer one: Countdown to Extinction) and I love the song which the album is named after. Megadeth is probably the best thing that came about due to Metallica.
    Apart from their first 4 albums. The other met albums are good but not on the same scale as their first 4. Megadeth still rule though. Get rust in peace next. 'Tis amazing. And countdown isn't really a newer one as it is 1992.

NEws Flash: Funeral for a friends piss me off big time. I was absolutely laughing my ass off when they were doing damage inc on that kerrang master of puppets tribute thing. LMAO I've never seen a band perform so badly. For one he can't scream to save his life (which he shouldn't have been doing anyhoo for damage inc.) But the bit that really made me laugh was the solo. He couldn't play it. Absolutely hilarious. I can't say enough bad things about fineral for a friend. There just that crap. But anyhoo onto my latest CD purchase (sorry I get like this anytime a completely talentless band is mentioned... sorry).

Artiist: Testament
    Album: The Legacy
    Genre: Thrash Metal
    Released: 1987

OMFG sooooooo good seriously. No thrash metal collection is complete without it. Absolutely fantastic. You know you need it.

Artiist: Katie Melua (an example of perfect looks)
    Album: Piece By Piece
    Genre: Classical Jazz
    Released: 2005

Now I have both her albums and I'm loving it. She really is an amazing vocalist. Never a sour note. Makes me want to buy a classical guitar even more than I already want to. I hope she continues to be succesful so she can release more great albums.

I was gonna get Black Sabbaths Paranoid but by the time I went to get my money someone had bought it. I was like OMFG how can someone buy it within 30 minutes. Unlucky me was.

Advanced Trainer

When I talk about something being new in music, I start at 1990 heheheh. Anything from the '90s until now is new in my eyes. Which is why I called it a newer album. And it's definitely newer in comparison. Rust in Peace is a great album--it's definitely the next Megadeth album I buy.

Also, I have two more albums coming in the mail.

Led Zeppelin - IV
    G3 - Live in Concert

If you don't know who G3 is... It's Steve Vai, Joe Satriani and Eric Johnson. Three of the greatest guitarists out there right now, in my opinion. Absolutely amazing.

Also, Sceptile_Master: I can dig Testament. They're cool. I might have to pick up one of their albums sometime. Souls of Black is my favourite song by them. Very heavy, very cool indeed. Some of their songs sound a lot like Metallica heheh.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

G3 actually changes each time but it has always since it started at least consisted of Joe Satriani and Steve Vai. Both of whom have started legions of super annoying ellitist people on guitar forums who say anything that isn't an ibanez is crap. They critisize you for playing music that isn't 10,000 notes a second or if your not playing with classical hand position 100% of the time for everything (they call it sloppy). It annoys me. I suppose they (joe and steve) didn't realise when they started they were creating suck idiots so it's not reall yheir fault. IMO the best G3 concert was the one with yngwie malmsteen in it. You should check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Magmar
    Bad Religion's "New America"... which is an INCREDIBLE album.

Christian ska? Is it any good? I love ska like a fat kid loves Cake *no pun intended*
    LOL, yeah, some of it was great, half the bands are done though, after like 10yr careers, like:
    The O.C. Supertones
    Five Iron Frenzy
    The W's

on the non-Christian side, I like Pennywise, although I think they're a better cover band than original...

And the latest cds I've bought...CD-RWs...Bwahahahahahaha
    [SIZE=4]
    ~The Real Crystal Articuno~
    Looking for AC/CC battles, PM me...
    My Adopties
    AvengerPokes
    ASB Team

Thanks Saffire Persian for the rad banner!!

Advanced Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile_Master
    G3 actually changes each time but it has always since it started at least consisted of Joe Satriani and Steve Vai. Both of whom have started legions of super annoying ellitist people on guitar forums who say anything that isn't an ibanez is crap. They critisize you for playing music that isn't 10,000 notes a second or if your not playing with classical hand position 100% of the time for everything (they call it sloppy). It annoys me. I suppose they (joe and steve) didn't realise when they started they were creating suck idiots so it's not reall yheir fault. IMO the best G3 concert was the one with yngwie malmsteen in it. You should check it out.
    Those people are the real hacks. They don't deserve to even HAVE a guitar.

Personally, I don't like Yngwie that much. I like Eric Johnson better.

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by Sceptile_Master
    this reminds me of an old school story which illustrates a very good point...

so SRV gets to play with B.B. King, the man himself. and so, to impress the dude, SRV goes wacko and plays so fast you can't see his fingers (may be exaggerated but whatever). everyone in the audience thinks "ok..." in response to that flurry, B.B. King plays one note, it comes off as a little "pingy." everyone laughs, as B.B King's one note surpassed SRV's billion notes.

moral of story? playing less can be better.

edit: Nels Cline is the best guitarist ever.

ok, but besides that:

Sonic Youth's Rather Ripped leaked out two weeks ago or so, and I managed to snag a copy of it. It's much more mellow, similar to Sonic Nurse. You may end up noticing that without Jim O'Rourke (who's left to become a director) to cover some bases that the arrangements here on the record are more sparse, not as dense as before. However, that doesn't mean that this album sucks just because Jim left. It's good quality, and I fully intend to buy it when it actually comes out.
    [phaedrus' Favorite Tracks: Incinerate, Do You Believe In Rapture?]
    -House

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

You know I have never actually heard any of sonic youths music before. Me may need to listen to some.

On the guitarists subject, ya gotta love B.B. king. He's a legend . The best guitarist thing could be debated though. I suppose its more of who is your fave thing because it was fully based just on technical ability (like those ibanez bummers like to think it is) then it would probably end up being Michael Angelo Batio or something. My couple of my favourite guitarists are Kirk Hammett and Tony Iommi. Ya goota love them.

Advanced Trainer

Top Five Favourite Guitarists (in no order)

1. Adrian Smith
    2. Tony Iommi
    3. Eric Clapton
    4. Stevie Ray Vaughan
    5. Steve Vai

Gotta love 'em all heheh. B.B. King goes for the less is more aspect of guitar playing. I like that. There are very, very few who actually do.

Banned

By Sonic Youth I've only heard Day Dream Nation, and I'm not a huge fan.

Today I ordered from Amazon:

David Bowie - Outside (Thought it was time I buy a copy of this album.)

Moby - Animal Rights

Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

sonic youth is legendary for their pimped out Fender Jaguars and Jazzmasters, otherwise known as Jagblasters or Jazzblasters (pickups replaced with Tele Deluxe pickups).

they've been around a long, long time.

if you read GP, refer to March '05. Nels Cline is on the cover, and go read the article. it is pure enlightenment. if you want a "rockish" audio sampling, check out Wilco's Kicking Television live double-album. he does some badass work on it. also, his solo stuff is crazy good.
    -House

Master Trainer

Just got Streetlight Manifesto's re-recording of Catch 22's "Keasbey Nights". AWESOME stuff!

Also--Bombshell Rocks' "The Conclusion" is pretty damn good too.

member since day 1

#OccupyMtMoon

You Are Awesome.

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

Just got two new CDs in the mail on Saturday, and I've been listening to them like I'm a junkie and their my drug.

In a way, I guess they are...

Werewolf Order by Shadow Reichenstein, which I am listening to right now. Beautiful guitar work, IMO. Short CD, only about 37 minutes, but it's one hell of a ride. My faves are Dracula, Werewolf Order (title track), and Walkin' the Dead.

Horror High Presents: The Prom Queen Massacre, various artists, narrated by Wednesday 13 (*LOVE!!!*). It's very silly and creative; I'm really into Pretty in a Casket by Blitzkid, Beware by Michale Graves, Nightgown by The Rosedales, Devils by The 69 Eyes, Fallen Souls by The Albino Spiders (but I'm kind of prejudiced, since I'm friends with them), and Surgery by Vincent Black Shadow. The whole CD is great, though; 24 tracks for $12 isn't bad at all.

I also got Gid 3's Vultures a few weeks ago at the Wednesday 13 show in Fort Worth. Great stuff, if you're in the mood for it. Last month I got a few Cruxshadows CDs, and in February I found a used Pat Benetar collection for six dollars or something rediculously awesome like that. I'm looking forward to the new Lacuna Coil, Trashlight Vision, Wednesday 13, and Piggy D. albums, too.... *drools*

[Annie] - Kurosakura says: Dru Dru, your RP's not rated M XD
    Drusie says: Oh fuck.
    Headbutting a car = not fun! says: It is now.
    -------------------------------

3DS Code: 5300-9721-4472
    Switch Code: 1866-7493-0014
    PoGo Code: 5716-4300-0144
    Steam: Jessyrah

Banned

Deadsy - Commencement

Decent album, if you like synth rock/pop.

The King of Games Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

[i]the last CD i bought (since in reality i don't buy many, just burn them) was A Perfect Circle's eMOTIVe... good cd with some quality songs, if you like their kind of music.

~The Italian Stallion
    SupremeChampion
    To Be The Best, You've Got To Beat The Best
    Create your own destiny, and never fear failure...
    Proud Member of the Public Beatin' Club! HIZZAH!
    Up Here

Advanced Trainer
    Advanced Trainer

A Perfect Circle is pretty good.

I paid for Raise Your Spirits by the Rosedales... still waiting for it... I really like their style, kind of Beach Boys meets The Misfits. Yeah, strange... but there you are.

[Annie] - Kurosakura says: Dru Dru, your RP's not rated M XD
    Drusie says: Oh fuck.
    Headbutting a car = not fun! says: It is now.
    -------------------------------

3DS Code: 5300-9721-4472
    Switch Code: 1866-7493-0014
    PoGo Code: 5716-4300-0144
    Steam: Jessyrah

Banned

A Perfect Circle is good, but I think eMOTIVe is a little weak compared to the first two albums. It seems a little bit rushed. A few of the songs sound much better in their original forms (Devo's Freedom of Choice and Depeche Mode's People are People, in particular could have been done better here). It does have some great songs like Imagine, Passive, and Fiddle and the Drum, though.

The Beach Boys meets the Misfits, eh? Sounds intriguing.

Banned

Yesterday I bought:

Vinyl:
    Prince - Purple Rain
    Prince - 1999
    Cheap Trick - Heaven Tonight
    ELO - Time
    The Cars

Cassette:
    Electronic

CD:
    Radiohead - Pablo Honey (I have everything they've released and a bunch of rarities on my computer, but embarassingly this is my first actual album purchase. It was dirt cheap.)

Banned

I rarely purchase CDs..
    But at one stage I bought quite a few..

I bought..

Marilyn Manson - Lest We Forget
    Judas Priest - Painkiller
    Judas Priest - British Steel
    Judas Priest - Screaming For Vengeance
    Judas Priest - Ram It Down
    Johnny Cash - The Very Best Of 2 Disc Box Set

Banned

REM - Murmur

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Drusilla
    A Perfect Circle is pretty good.

I paid for Raise Your Spirits by the Rosedales... still waiting for it... I really like their style, kind of Beach Boys meets The Misfits. Yeah, strange... but there you are.
    Ya know I don't even have a witty comment for my confusion.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gengachu
    A Perfect Circle is good, but I think eMOTIVe is a little weak compared to the first two albums. It seems a little bit rushed. A few of the songs sound much better in their original forms (Devo's Freedom of Choice and Depeche Mode's People are People, in particular could have been done better here). It does have some great songs like Imagine, Passive, and Fiddle and the Drum, though.
    Correct me if I'm wrong on this one, but I believe that they simply made that album so they could go with another record company..
    They had a 3 album contract..

Their album Mer De Noms definitely pwnd all their other albums..
    I personally love the song Judith..

I would like to purchase the CD Murderdolls: Beyond The Valley Of The Murderdolls as I can't seem to find a torrent with the bonus songs the CD comes with..