Thread: TPM TCG ( Main Topic )

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Default TPM TCG ( Main Topic )

Trading Card Game

In the next few weeks you will start noticing a variety of announcements and topics beginning to pop up around the forums. What are these topics and announcements? Well they revolve around something called TPM TCG.

Around a year ago Engi thought up the idea of creating a TPM RPG TCG, while a great idea, people’s attention eventually dwindled. Now a year later, the mods of the forum have considered bringing back the project as a forum wide project. Using Yu Gi Oh rules and cards, we want to create a The Pokemasters Trading Card Game, that allows people to build Custom Yu Gi Oh Decks based on animes, rpgs, tpm characters, fan fics, even forums. The possibilities are only limited by the very creative people of this forum.

So what will this topic contain? Well it will act as a repository of all the cards, deck ideas, and just other ideas created through out the rest of the forums. While I am sure everyone wants to start creating cards, using a website below called the Yu Gi Oh Card Creator. There are a few things we would like to set up first.

To begin with, we want to put a new spin, a TPM spin as it were, on the old Yu Gi Oh staple cards. Cards such as Torrential Tribute, Mystical Space Typhoon, Heavy Storm, and others, need names to fit our new trading card game. So in this topic and others, the mods will be open for ideas and input on what we should call these new cards.

Now I know you want to start making cards and battling, but the framework needs to be set up first. After that we can start accepting cards and decks, and then releasing a special version of Yu Gi Oh Virtual Desktop so that everyone can duel using their own TPM decks.

Before doing this we are open to all ideas and input, how you feel, what did we miss, what can we do to make this better?

But hey in the meantime enjoy the Yu Gi Oh Creation Website.
    Yu Gi Oh Creation Website

Yu Gi Oh Card Changes to TPM Cards
    Dark Hole = Server Change
    Pot of Greed = Double Post
    Solemn Judgement = Declaration of Mod
    Swords of Revealing Light = Thread Locked
    Waboku = Temp Ban

Cards up for Debate
    The Grey Hunter
    Call of the Wolf
    The Inquisitor
    Face Eater Squig
    Charge of the Juggernaut
    Defence Breaker
    Bezerker Champion
    Fields of Khorne
    The Betrayer
    Blood for the Blood God

Drama Bomb
    Young Warrior
    Old Warlord
    Aspiring Champion
    Ride to Valhalla

WMD Hunt
    I get to push the button!

Flame Bait
    Limed for Truth
    Godwin's Law.

Dread Knight of Healdtannia
    1000 Years of Devistation

The Jitz
    Divide by Zero
    Banhammer

Theory of Evolution
    Renew
    Ninja!!!1
    Epic Loot
    Banish

B.O.W. T-Zombie
    B.O.W. Crimson Head
    B.O.W. Licker
    B.O.W. Chimera
    B.O.W. Bandersnatch
    B.O.W. Web Spinner
    B.O.W. Tyrant T-002
    B.O.W. Tyrant T-103
    B.O.W. Tyrant Nemisis
    B.O.W. Nyx

Misc Marauder Heald
    Misc Marauder Raz
    Misc Marauder Muffin Man
    Misc Marauder Fat man with a Monkey
    Misc Marauder Tainted
    Horn of the Marauders
    Misc Forum
    Sock Puppet
    Its over 9000!!!!

Cards for TPM Fun
    None Yet

Cards added to YVD.
    None Yet

Current YVD Set Download
    1.0 Coming Soon
    Last edited by Roy Karrde; 3rd June 2008 at 11:48 AM.

Solar Blaze Wizard Cool Trainer
    Cool Trainer

Default Re: TPM TCG ( Main Topic )

This sounds like a vastly entertaining concept. However, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Is this a sort of Create-A-Card idea, (i.e. turn board members, etc into cards)? Would we take Dark Hole and make its name Server Change (the two do have similar effects)? The re-naming aspect worries me...there's only so far one can go with 'flaming', for example.

Perhaps if you were to provide examples of what you mean, I'd understand it better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hinoryu
    I shall not be out-nerded!

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Sure I just added a renamming section, hopefully everyone can avoid the flaming and make this a topic that is fun for everyone.

Test Card for a Ghostbusters Deck

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by starjake View Post
    Is this a sort of Create-A-Card idea, (i.e. turn board members, etc into cards)? Would we take Dark Hole and make its name Server Change (the two do have similar effects)? The re-naming aspect worries me...there's only so far one can go with 'flaming', for example.
    Correction. It is more of a Create Cards and make them into a Deck and battle together idea.

Yeah and not to worry on the renaming portion. As far as it goes, the issue would be open up for discussion in the near future to all participants. ^.^

Cool Trainer

Actually, what I meant by 'flaming' was using the word as part of a re-named card; I was just using it as an example.

For those of us who have written YGO fanfics, are we allowed to add those cards that we've created for those fics? I was worried that the only cards allowed would be ones that are themed around TPM, but then I saw the Ghostbusters card.

Oh, and, BTW...

Solemn Judgment = Declaration of Mod

^_^

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

XD Awesome name for Solemn Judgement. Yeah the idea is to create your own fake card decks. Then with a hacked version of Yu Gi Oh Virtual Desktop, battle eachother with the hacked decks. The only thing is they cannot be over powered so the mods will be keeping a eye on all new cards created.

Cool Trainer

Another question: Are ANY actual cards allowed? Or must everything currently in existence be renamed?

(How would one rename Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys? Or D.3.S. Frog - that's already in l33t-speak.)
    Last edited by starjake; 30th May 2008 at 11:18 PM.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Actual cards are allowed, the renaming thing is just for added fun.

Cool Trainer

Perhaps some of those are more artistically inclined would be willing to offer their help in the card-creating. I, for one, am terrible at creating physical pictures to go along with my cards.

exit stage Crowley Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

*chimes in* Yup, there's been volunteers already for the arty side of things, if we so wish. As for what cards to create, like Dark- and Roy said, it can be anything you want that goes with your deck theme (we're gonna be encouraging everyone to make their own theme and cards anyway, so lah). With the renaming, we wanted to use some of the staple cards cos obviously they're quite important - but to make it less of a straight-out theft from YGO we're changing the names and perhaps the effects slightly of these ones.

Is that helpful? There'll be a topic up in RPG in a little while too, if you wanna wander over there too and have a looksee.

this is hell
    we have a little something called integrity

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

Cool Trainer

Here are a couple of things I thought up for new versions of older cards.

Raigeki could become...

Thunderbolt
    Normal Spell
    Activate by selecting 1 Level 5 or higher Thunder-Type monster you control. Destroy all monsters your opponent controls. The selected monster cannot attack this turn.

Harpie's Feather Duster could become...

Harpie's Feather Sweep
    Normal Spell
    Activate only while you control a "Harpie Lady" monster. Destroy all Spell and Trap Cards your opponent controls.

Maybe a good way to come up with a decent list of these sorts of cards would be to take the current Forbidden list and modify all the cards on it. A large task, yes, but worth it (and fun!) in the end.

Elite Trainer

Wow, Raigeki and Feather Duster! Old school man, I've not seen a deck with those cards in for YEARS! Hehe.

As for modifying the forbidden cards, do you mean in order to include them? We'd have to decide whether to ban cards, too, or whether to just not allow over-powered ones to begin with.

this is hell

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

Cool Trainer

If we have the power to modify cards, why do we need to ban them? The whole point of this idea is to be as creative as possible, and just banning a card because it's too strong seems like the easy way out. Thunderbolt and Feather Sweep are just two examples; I'm sure we could come up with newer, less-broken versions of every card that's currently banned if we wanted to.

Out of curiosity, who are the people heading up this project?

Is making this place terminal Elite Trainer
    Elite Trainer

This is a dream come true!!!! ^.^ *practically in joy tears* I've-AGH! Looked! And dreamed! This *anime tears* Is beautiful...*flails about excitedly* Count me in on this craaaaaazy party!!! ^o^!!!
    Thank you Saffire Persian. (Complete list coming soon)
    Awards: Contest Ribbons~ Unown Awards ~ Fanfiction Awards
    Quote Originally Posted by DragoKnight View Post

...while you sleep.
    ".....Congratulations. You're the KROOOOOOOZE of female weeaboos. -w-;;;" -Blademaster about my Dragonball Z summary of what I know.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

If we have the power to modify cards, why do we need to ban them?
    There are already existing cards in the metagame that is the lesser powerful card version. Take for example;

Rageiki (Thunderbolt) is replaced by Lightning Vortex
    Harpie Feather Duster is replaced by Tempest (Heavy Storm)

So all we do is to accept the present lesser powerful card version and allow some of the present metagame mechanism to run.

Out of curiosity, who are the people heading up this project?
    As we are now, the present moderating team would be the ones that would be pulling the strings. We have not ruled out any possibilities of having members outside the moderating team to assist us. This project is still in its infant stage, hence they are a lot of things for us to handle. However we can reassure you that the ones heading this project generally have experiences in playing Duel Monsters, whether would it be competitively or leisurely at some point in their life.

Looking around I do kind of sense that we are lacking some sort of discussion here. I am not sure of this but we can start some discussion on the rulings and card allowance.

**~**

Duel Monster Rules remained the same as the present game in addition of the ones below,

1) The minimum deck card that should be allowed into the game should be 40. And the maximum should be at 45.

2) Since the project allows a certain number of cards to run the basic mechanism of the game, the below list the approved,

Magic Cards allowed into the game
    Pot of Avarice (Max: 1)
    Cyclone (Max: 1)
    Tempest (Max: 1)
    Lightning Vortex (Max: 2)

Trap Cards allowed into the game
    Call of the Haunted (Max: 1)
    Destruction Ring (Max: 1)
    Holy Barrier – Mirror Force (Max: 1)

3) The above list would be monitored and rotated off if it is found to be overpowered in the project.

4) As the project promotes the usage of individual theme cards, players are allowed to choose a card from the present card list that would only be beneficial to the deck’s main tribe.

5) The project promotes creativity. Hence all other cards except the ones from the above list would have to be individually created by the players themselves.

**~**

Cool Trainer

*nods* Very well.

Just for clarification (not everyone has experience with the OCG)...

Cyclone = Mystical Space Typhoon
    Tempest = Heavy Storm
    Destruction Ring = Ring of Destruction*
    Holy Barrier - Mirror Force = Mirror Force

*This is only an assumption, for there is an actual TCG card named Destruction Ring. You destroy one of your own monsters and inflict 1000 damage to each player.

Also, I cringe ever-so-slightly when I see 4). How will it be judged if one (or any) of the seven listed cards are 'beneficial to the deck's main tribe'? All seven cards are highly useful in just about any deck that plans on winning.

It's actually this exact rule that makes me think modifying the card effects themselves might be better than forbidding them outright. If they are modified (with added activation costs and/or requirements, for example), there would be no need to forbid them, because a) we know they would be fair, b) we know they would be beneficial only in certain decks, and c) we would still be being creative.
    Last edited by starjake; 1st June 2008 at 08:22 AM.

Master Trainer
    Master Trainer

Also, I cringe ever-so-slightly when I see 4). How will it be judged if one (or any) of the seven listed cards are 'beneficial to the deck's main tribe'? All seven cards are highly useful in just about any deck that plans on winning.
    You have seriously mistaken here. Under number 3, all the above seven cards, which I had mentioned, could be used in any deck but only up to a certain allowed number as indicated in the brackets. The deck user could choose to use them or to ignore them.

These cards under the list for number 3 will only undergo a name change and its effect would still be retain. The moderators had considered each card as playable and not so overly powered like their predecessors. Of course if you think that there are other cards that must be included in that list to make the deck more playable, by all means you can voiced it out.

Rule number four has no relations to number 3. I had thought of this rule carefully myself before allowing it in the game. Take for example the card, Umi. It is an existing field card from the present metagame that is beneficial to all main water types. The card itself is beneficial to only water themed decks. So if you are playing a water themed deck, you might want to consider on using it yourself since the card would be allowed into the deck under rule number four.

It's actually this exact rule that makes me think modifying the card effects themselves might be better than forbidding them outright. If they are modified (with added activation costs and/or requirements, for example), there would be no need to forbid them, because a) we know they would be fair, b) we know they would be beneficial only in certain decks, and c) we would still be being creative.
    Well, you could do that. I did not say that it is not allowed. You can create any cards you want with any additional requirements but in the end, it would be us that judge to see if the card is overpowered. I hope that answers your questions.

A Restrict list would work better than an all out Ban list.
    It stops people relying on the old 'get out of jail cards' that noones seen for so long cos theyve been on banlists for years etc.

The only thing to watch for is 'alternate' cards that are really exactly the same with minimal drawbacks.

Afterworld ~ Chapter 2 | Blood Bowl ~ Chapter 3
    If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

I Finnished last Moderator

I know this is a pathetic attempt of a card, I don't know a thing about the Yu-Gi-Oh! game, just read the first volume of manga, which featured no cards at all. So I don't know what kind of text I should write in which place.

Sorry if you don't see imageshack but I didn't bother to look for my photobucket password. I left it home.

One thing i would like to ask, for anyone that currently uses YVD where are the later sets downloaded from. Im not sure where i am (downloaded the latest version of YVD) but i know cards like Hero Kid arent on my deck shop etc and that set was years ago.

If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

Roy has requested that I post my comments here so that the creators have the opportunity to make edits before the set is released. I'll just copy and paste what I told him earlier.

The Grey Hunter: It seems very overpowered to me. If the resurrection (and its accompanying bonus) was limited to being destroyed in battle, sure, but that's basically an instant summon that can't ever be destroyed.

The Inquisitor: A somewhat weaker card than other "see your opponent's hand" spells, but the addition of it as a continuous spell opens up some interesting possibilities. I kind of like this one, personally.

Face-Eater Squig: The effect seems... ambiguously worded. What happens if it is flipped due to another card's effect rather than an attack (or by its controller, for that matter), or if it is summoned face-up in the first place? And I think it's saying that the attacking monster's ATK is halved until the attacking monster is destroyed, but it could just as easily mean that the Face-Eater Squig must be destroyed to restore the ATK of each monster that has done battle with it.

Charge of the Juggernaut: Seems like it should be 5 stars rather than 6, but no real qualms here.

Fields of Khorne: "They must do battle with an opponent." When? Each turn? On the turn that FoK is played? Or is it just saying that they can't avoid battles with other monsters? Not specified...

Drama Bomb: The additional comment is... weird... but the card itself is fine.

Aspiring Champion: Seems slightly broken. Say you have Old Warlord and Poly in your hand; summon OW and get Young Warlord, fuse them for an instant 2300 and the retrieval of a downed monster. Seems like too simple of a combo to be so devastating, but maybe that's just me. The metagame has favored fusion a lot more lately, after all...

WMD Hunt: What happens if it is in multiple places? If you guess one of them, does it still count as being "correct"? Also, does the card's own effect limit the opponent to naming a card in his/her deck, thus making it obvious to the player where it is? Just noting some poor wording...

I get to push the button!: Way too game-breaking; I agree with its exclusion.

Flame Bait: Knock off 400 or so DEF and this is fine.

Limed for Truth: The DEF boost is overpowered. I have no problem with the ATK bonus, as your opponent has ample opportunity for retribution during his/her turn, but since the DEF bonus is powerful during your opponent's turn you could attach one or more of these to a defensive card and make a veritable wall. I don't think other DEF-boosting equips are so powerful... 1000 points from a single card is a lot.

Godwin's Law: More ambiguous text. What counts as a reference to those concepts? This would be better if the words themselves had to be mentioned.

Dread Knight of Healdtannia: A 2500 ATK six-star with a very beneficial effect? Heck no.

1000 Years of Devastation: Unless King Healdtannia is exceedingly hard to summon and has minimal strength, this is absurdly overpowered. Talk about a total lockdown card...

Divide by Zero: You'd think I'd have more of a problem with this, but since total destruction cards leave the player wide open, it's fine by me.

Banhammer: Need to be restricted, but it's not overpowered enough for me to complain otherwise.

Renew: A tad strong, depending on playing styles. 50 LP for each card, maybe? I don't have a huge problem with this card, but 100 LP just seems like slightly too much.

NINJA!!!1: Way, way too ambiguous.

Epic Loot: No problem with this, except that NINJA!!!1 is ridiculous.

B.O.W. T-Zombie: What's the point of putting counters on your opponent's monsters? Do you get to use them for sacrifices as well? If so, much of the set seems broken to me. (It's more understandable if you just sacrifice the counters for Nyx.)

B.O.W. Crimson Head: Is it special summoned the instant the T-Zombie is destroyed, or can it just be special summoned at any time while T-Zombie's in the graveyard? And what if there are 2 or 3 of them destroyed instead of the 1 listed in the card effect?

Misc Marauder Muffin Man: That's a wicked bonus. At the very least, his initial ATK should be lower.

Misc Marauder Fat Man With A Monkey: Okay, this makes every other Misc Marauder card completely and totally broken, moreso than any other card I've mentioned so far. This effect is, to put it bluntly, ridiculous.

Horn of the Marauders: Wouldn't be too bad if it weren't for the absurd power-up effects of this set.

It's Over 9000!!!!: Infinite wall, keep it away.
    IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.

For Real Reals. Super Moderator
    Super Moderator

I think you need more realistic photos for the "Members" in the Misc Ma etc

Well to comment on the ones that apply to me....

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu View Post
    The Grey Hunter: It seems very overpowered to me. If the resurrection (and its accompanying bonus) was limited to being destroyed in battle, sure, but that's basically an instant summon that can't ever be destroyed.
    I was having the same thoughts. I think i will probably limit it to 'destroyed in battle' etc

The Inquisitor: A somewhat weaker card than other "see your opponent's hand" spells, but the addition of it as a continuous spell opens up some interesting possibilities. I kind of like this one, personally.

Face-Eater Squig: The effect seems... ambiguously worded. What happens if it is flipped due to another card's effect rather than an attack (or by its controller, for that matter), or if it is summoned face-up in the first place? And I think it's saying that the attacking monster's ATK is halved until the attacking monster is destroyed, but it could just as easily mean that the Face-Eater Squig must be destroyed to restore the ATK of each monster that has done battle with it.
    The effect only works if it is attacked, and yes it is a permanent effect on the monster that activated it. I suck at writing rule mechanics lol.

Charge of the Juggernaut: Seems like it should be 5 stars rather than 6, but no real qualms here.
    It should be a 5 star. Must have put 6 by accident.

Fields of Khorne: "They must do battle with an opponent." When? Each turn? On the turn that FoK is played? Or is it just saying that they can't avoid battles with other monsters? Not specified...
    Thats my habit of putting 'flavour text' in the rules. Basically its saying that while the card is in play the Warriors on the field 'want to fight and prove their skill etc' so they cant take the chicken option and attack directly. Ie they cant attack if there are no monsters on the field.

Drama Bomb: The additional comment is... weird... but the card itself is fine.

Aspiring Champion: Seems slightly broken. Say you have Old Warlord and Poly in your hand; summon OW and get Young Warlord, fuse them for an instant 2300 and the retrieval of a downed monster. Seems like too simple of a combo to be so devastating, but maybe that's just me. The metagame has favored fusion a lot more lately, after all...
    I see what you mean thouugh it was meant more as an emergency reborn or something along those lines....

WMD Hunt: What happens if it is in multiple places? If you guess one of them, does it still count as being "correct"? Also, does the card's own effect limit the opponent to naming a card in his/her deck, thus making it obvious to the player where it is? Just noting some poor wording...
    Again bad wording on my part. If they name a card in multiple places its a case of 'i guessed Grave. Is there one in your grave? If yes move it out of play. If there isnt one there at all then they can summon it. And yeah of course they have to choose a monster they have otherwise they couldnt summon it when your wrong.

I get to push the button!: Way too game-breaking; I agree with its exclusion.
    It was included as a joke though i did start to see ways of getting an easier Inferno Tempest start to show up. May rethink it but yeah it was never intended to be accepted.

So yeah as i expected most of my problems come through bad wording. Im perfectly happy for those with more ability to rewrite them if they find the time.
    Last edited by Ultimate Charizard; 4th June 2008 at 06:06 AM.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

why wub woo Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pikachu View Post
    Flame Bait: Knock off 400 or so DEF and this is fine.
    What about 500 ATK and 1800 DEF? Wall of Illusion is a lot worse in terms of effect, and has 1850 DEF.
    Limed for Truth: The DEF boost is overpowered. I have no problem with the ATK bonus, as your opponent has ample opportunity for retribution during his/her turn, but since the DEF bonus is powerful during your opponent's turn you could attach one or more of these to a defensive card and make a veritable wall. I don't think other DEF-boosting equips are so powerful... 1000 points from a single card is a lot.
    Granted. 500 bonus to both ATK and DEF then?
    Godwin's Law: More ambiguous text. What counts as a reference to those concepts? This would be better if the words themselves had to be mentioned.
    If you can't tell what is a reference to Nazism or Hitler, you're a bit of a fool. If a card says 'Hitler' or 'Nazi' on it, count it. Nerf it to 500 points of damage if you want. It has to be an explicit reference though: gas chamber, jew, Germany and such don't count, although 'grammar-nazi' could since it uses Nazi.
    Dread Knight of Healdtannia: A 2500 ATK six-star with a very beneficial effect? Heck no.
    Granted. 2200 ATK? Pretty much any other non-effect 6-star monster worth running has 2500 ATK, so this should more than compensate for the effect.
    1000 Years of Devastation: Unless King Healdtannia is exceedingly hard to summon and has minimal strength, this is absurdly overpowered. Talk about a total lockdown card...
    I haven't finalised the King's details yet but he will be a hard summon (maybe not exceedingly hard) but he will also be strong. Change it to just one turn (i.e. your opponent cannot play any cards next turn) and that should be fine. Swords of Revealing Light is pretty much as bad, plus you don't need to have a certain card on the field to play it.
    Divide by Zero: You'd think I'd have more of a problem with this, but since total destruction cards leave the player wide open, it's fine by me.
    Restrict it to 1 per deck and that should be all. Perhaps a 800 LP cost for the user?
    Banhammer: Need to be restricted, but it's not overpowered enough for me to complain otherwise.
    Fine.
    Misc Marauder Muffin Man: That's a wicked bonus. At the very least, his initial ATK should be lower.
    How about a 500 ATK bonus and keep his ATK and DEF as 1500?
    Misc Marauder Fat Man With A Monkey: Okay, this makes every other Misc Marauder card completely and totally broken, moreso than any other card I've mentioned so far. This effect is, to put it bluntly, ridiculous.
    500 bonus for the ATK, none for the DEF?
    Horn of the Marauders: Wouldn't be too bad if it weren't for the absurd power-up effects of this set.
    I've nerfed the Marauders.
    It's Over 9000!!!!: Infinite wall, keep it away.
    It was a joke card anyway.

I should have noted this earlier, but in regard to the Misc Marauders, I propose that while you are allowed 3 of each card in your deck, the effect of the card doesn't apply to 'clone' cards. For example, two Misc Marauder Razs on the field and no others would not have an effect. Two Misc Marauder Razs and a Misc Marauder Muffin Man on the field means that the Muffin Man would gave 1000 ATK (2 x 500 under my proposed nerf) but the Razs would only get 500 ATK and 500 DEF each because their effect doesn't apply to one another.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Vulpix
    You have turned my vacation thread into a discussion about Heald's balls. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

The problem with them at the moment heald is that for example....

(and i know its not likely to pull it off and have all these cards in your hand at the same time but...)
    Play Misc Maurauder Tainted
    Play Horn of the Maurauders.
    Summon 1 of each Maurauder card (so thats 5 of em)

You instanty, after playing Monster and 1 magic card have...

Misc Maurauder Heald - 2500/2500
    Misc Maurauder Raz - 3500/3500
    Misc Maurauder Muffin Man - 5500/2500
    Misc Maurauder Fat Man with a Monkey - 1500/1500 (i assume it doesnt affect itself)
    Misc Maurauder Tainted - 3000/2500

And thats without including 'Misc Forum'
    If you survive the initial battering that they give the only way to deal with them is to summon something that can take out Fat man to lower the rest of thems attack, before getting slapped by the rest and hope you dont play another fat man before they have chance to deal with the rest of them.
    Last edited by Ultimate Charizard; 4th June 2008 at 08:34 AM.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

why wub woo Moderator

I can think of literally dozens of hands where 'if you happened to have all the right cards in your hand at one point in the game you'd win' that'd be a lot worse than that.

Since Raz is now a better Muffin Man, I reckon Raz ought to have his Effect changed to being able to deal 500 direct damage to LP if there is another MM on the field.

Anyway, if we include my new nerfs, this is what a full field would look like:

MM Raz: 2000/1500
    MM Muffin Man: 4000/1500
    MM Heald: 2000/1500
    MM FMWAM: 1500/1500
    MM Tainted: 2000/1500

Plus add 500 to any of them for Horn of the Marauders, and maybe 500 more with Misc Forum.

At the moment, Muffin Man is the only one who is overpowered. But, I have actually had a field that was even more overpowered than this one, and easier to get out. Basically, Ultimate Baseball Kids with Solar Flare Dragons means I've had 3 cards with 4500 ATK on the field and 2 cards that couldn't be attacked. Any monster could take down an undefended FMWAM.

If need be, I'll nerf the Horn of the Marauders so it allows only one special summon per turn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Vulpix
    You have turned my vacation thread into a discussion about Heald's balls. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Or perhaps since its meant to call the Maurauders together perhaps make it continuous and you may special summon 1 per turn from your hand or deck.

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

Veteran Trainer
    Veteran Trainer

IT HAS RETURNED.
    THE TPM MAIN SITE.

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin Luper View Post
    Holy crap ... I'VE become a grammar nazi, too.

Elite Trainer

this is hell

Weasel Overlord says:
    spanner cock?

One thing ive noticed.

The sending is a little broken. If for example you take 3 of each of the Unsent cards and activate that spell thats 10200 Direct damage caused in one hit?

ASB Record
    W-12 ~ D-2 ~ L-2

Cool Trainer

OK, time for some preliminaries from me...you can probably guess their theme...

Benu Phoenix
    Phoenix Flock of the Sixth Heaven
    Phoenix Tears
    Skyfire Avatar
    Skyfire Summons
    Skyfire Unification
    Suzaku's Good Fortune

EDIT: Hmm, the Avatar's text is a little on the...well, little side.

Skyfire Avatar
    Fire/Pyro - Fusion - Effect/12 stars/ATK 3000/DEF 3000
    1 Level 6 or higher FIRE Dragon-Type monster + 1 Level 6 or higher FIRE Winged-Beast-Type monster
    This card cannot be Special Summoned except by Fusion Summon. This card's Fusion Summon can only be conducted with the above Fusion Material monsters. You can Tribute this card to destroy all cards on the field and gain 300 Life Points per card. When this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard, add its Fusion Material monsters from the Graveyard to their owners' hands.
    Last edited by starjake; 2nd July 2008 at 07:04 AM.

Cool Trainer

*pokes*

...where did everyone go?

After doing a bit of research on Xerocreative, I found out that, unfortunately, we're not able to modify the actual restricted list provided by YVD; it comes from an Internet link from Xerocreative, not a changeable file in the program folder. (Not sure if anyone had noticed yet, but YVD physically prevents you from creating a deck that violates the restricted list).

Speaking of the restricted list...I remember that Roy said he was going to put one up at some point. How are we doing on that?

And, since the banlist currently listed in this forum is heinously outdated, here is the current list. (OCG name on the left, TCG name on the right)

Banned (0 copies allowed in your Deck/Fusion Deck/Extra Deck and Side Deck combined)

Black Forest Witch // Witch of the Black Forest
    Chaos Emperor Dragon - Messenger of the End // Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End
    Chaos Soldier - Messenger of Beginning // Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
    Chaos Sorceror // Chaos Sorcerer
    Cyber Pod // Cyber Jar
    Devil Franken // Cyber-Stein
    Executioner Makyura // Makyura the Destructor
    Fiber Pod // Fiber Jar
    Killer Snake // Sinister Serpent
    Magic Warrior Breaker // Breaker the Magical Warrior
    Magical Scientist // Magical Scientist
    Saint Magician // Magician of Faith

Thousand Eye Sacrifice // Thousand-Eyes Restrict
    Tribe Infecting Virus // Tribe-Infecting Virus
    Tsukuyomi // Tsukuyomi
    Victory Dragon // Victory Dragon
    Yatagarasu // Yata-Garasu

Angel's Gift // Graceful Charity
    Black Hole // Dark Hole
    Change of Heart // Change of Heart
    Confiscate // Confiscation
    Dagger of Butterflies - Eruma // Butterfly Dagger - Elma
    Distressful Choice // Painful Choice
    Dimensional Fusion // Dimension Fusion <- (TCG only)
    Harpy's Feather Sweep // Harpie's Feather Duster
    Metamorphosis // Metamorphosis
    Mirage of Nightmares // Mirage of Nightmare
    Mischevious Demon Twins // Delinquent Duo
    Pharaoh's Shrine // Cathedral of Nobles *
    Pot of Greed // Pot of Greed
    Steadfast Guard // The Forceful Sentry
    Theft // Snatch Steal
    Thunder Bolt // Raigeki
    Will // Last Will

Cry of the Living Dead // Call of the Haunted
    Destruction Ring // Ring of Destruction
    Imperial Decree // Imperial Order
    Last Battle! // Last Turn
    Reversal of World // Exchange of the Spirit
    Sixth Sense // Sixth Sense *
    Time Seal // Time Seal

Limited (1 copy allowed in your Deck/Fusion Deck/Extra Deck and Side Deck combined)

Black Magician of Chaos // Dark Magician of Chaos
    Card Gunner // Card Trooper
    Critter // Sangan
    Dandelion // Dandelion *
    Destiny Hero Discguy // Destiny Hero - Disk Commander
    Dol Dora // Twin-Headed Behemoth
    Elemental Hero Airman // Elemental Hero Stratos
    Emissary of Hades - Gorz // Messenger of Ha Des - Gors *
    Female Warrior of Another Dimension // D.D. Warrior Lady
    Forest Guard Green Baboon // Green Baboon, Defender of the Forest
    Metamol Pod // Morphing Jar
    Marshmellon // Marshmallon
    Neospacian Ground Mole // Neo-Spacian Grand Mole
    Night Assassin // Night Assailant
    Sealed Exodia // Exodia the Forbidden One

Sealed Left Hand // Left Arm of the Forbidden One
    Sealed Left Leg // Left Leg of the Forbidden One
    Sealed Right Hand // Right Arm of the Forbidden One
    Sealed Right Leg // Right Leg of the Forbidden One

Snipestalker // Snipe Hunter
    Soul Reaping Spirit // Spirit Reaper
    Wind Monarch - Raizar // Raiza the Storm Monarch
    Yomigaeru // Treeborn Frog

Advanced Ritual Technique // Advanced Ritual Art
    Brain Control // Brain Control
    Chain Strike // Chain Strike
    Cyclone // Mystical Space Typhoon
    Dimensional Fusion // Dimension Fusion <- (OCG only)
    Early Burial // Premature Burial
    Earth Crusher // Smashing Ground
    Emissary of Obliteration // Nobleman of Crossout
    Fissure // Fissure
    Future Fusion // Future Fusion
    Golden Chest of Sealing // Gold Sarcophagus
    Hand Obliteration // Card Destruction
    Hurricane // Giant Trunade
    Level B Restriction Area // Level Limit - Area B
    Limiter Removal // Limiter Removal
    Megamorph // Megamorph
    Overload Fusion // Overload Fusion
    Power of Teamwork // United We Stand
    Raise Dead // Monster Reborn
    Scapegoat // Scapegoat
    Sealing Swords of Light // Swords of Revealing Light
    Tempest // Heavy Storm

Ceasefire Agreement // Ceasefire
    Compensation of Blood // Ultimate Offering
    Deck Destruction Virus of Death // Crush Card Virus
    Gravity Bind // Gravity Bind
    Holy Barrier - Mirror Force // Mirror Force
    Magic Cylinder // Magic Cylinder
    Mind Crush // Mind Crush
    Ojama Trio // Ojama Trio
    Prophecy of Reincarnation // The Transmigration Prophecy
    Return from Another Dimension // Return from the Different Dimension <- (TCG only)
    Sealing Wall of Light // Wall of Revealing Light
    Tidal Wave // Torrential Tribute
    Trap Dustshoot // Trap Dustshoot

Semi-Limited (2 copies allowed in your Deck/Fusion Deck/Extra Deck and Side Deck combined)

Cyber Dragon // Cyber Dragon
    Destiny Hero Diabolicguy // Destiny Hero - Malicious
    Light and Darkness Dragon // Light and Darkness Dragon
    Manticore of Darkness // Manticore of Darkness
    Mask of Darkness // Mask of Darkness
    Necroface // Necroface

Allure of Darkness // Allure of Darkness **
    Book of Moon // Book of Moon
    Calling Reinforcements // Reinforcement of the Army
    Foolish Burial // Foolish Burial
    Magic Shard Excavation // Magical Stone Excavation
    Power of Magicians // Mage Power

Royal Decree // Royal Decree

* Has not yet been released in the TCG
    ** Has not yet been released in the OCG

(coughthestickyshouldbeupdatedcough)
    Last edited by starjake; 2nd July 2008 at 09:05 PM.