Thread: I Need Help Here!!!

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Default I Need Help Here!!!

Im gonna have a tourney and i need some help on this team i figured:
    PS: Oh, and before i forget, help me with their personalities (such as adamnt or impish)

Ninjask @ dunno

Swords Dance
    Double team
    Baton pass
    Slash

Altaria @ ???

Dragon Dance
    Earthquake
    aerial ace
    Rest

Dusclops @ dunno

Calm Mind
    Will-o-wisp
    Confuse Ray
    Shadow Punch

Machamp @ ???

Cross Chop
    Revenge/substitute
    Rest
    ???

Starmie @ ???

Thunder wave
    Recover
    Light Screen
    Surf

Manectric @ dunno

Thunderwave
    Thunderbolt
    Charge
    ???

Thank you in advance

Banned

A little explanation of each Pokémon's strategy would be very helpful. I'll help what I can, but I'm still a newbie at this.

Ninjask: With your moveset, try either Adamant or Jolly. Adamant would increase it's Attack and lower it's Special Attack while Jolly would increase it's Speed and lower it's Special Attack. I honestly have no idea for the item

Altaria: Same as my Altaria. Use an Adamant personality. For item, you should probably use Shell Bell or Leftovers.

Dusclops: Shadow Ball for Shadow Punch. More powerful and about as accurate. Impish personality. Once again, just like mine, so I know what works well.

Machamp: Adamant personality. You're not going to find any special attacks on this guy, so no need for that stat. And unless there is some other strange purpose for it to solve, Attack would be the only thing beneficial to increase. I'm not sure if Machamp could last a Rest unless you attach a Chesto Berry. Try Earthquake and Rock Slide for the last two moves. And I think you're only going to need either Cross Chop or Revenge, not both. IMO, choose Cross Chop. Unless you are against another sweeper, you're not likely to get the bonus for being hit every time. And if you don't get hit, Revenge only has a base power of 90 with STAB. Cross Chop, although a little inaccurate, already has a base power of 150 with STAB. And I remember liking Cross Chop from GSC.

Starmie: Sorry, I'm not specializing with FRLG yet, but I'll help with personality at stuff. Probably either Modest or Timid because both lower Attack and raise Special Attack or Speed, respectively. For item.. don't know, lol. Since I don't know the function of Starmie, I can't really help with any others. Maybe a Defense increasing personality? If so, go with Bold.

Manectric: Either Modest or Timid. I doubt this thing would do well withstanding anything even with increased defenses. Don't use Charge, it just wastes a turn. Two Thunderbolts, although using up an extra PP, would probably do the same damage and give you one extra turn to paralyze them with your attack. Might want to breed on Crunch. For your fourth move, do what you choose. Roar maybe?

I hope this was of some help.

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

thanks but can anyone else with maybe a more advanced efection of rating, rate this please ?

Ninjask @ leftovers
    Adament/Jolly

Swords Dance
    Protect
    Baton pass
    Ariel Ace/Silver Wind

Ariel Ace has Base Power 90 with STAB, same with Silver Wind which can be ok for your second Baton Pass if your next poke doesn't need attack

Altaria @ Shell Bell/Chesto/Salac/Liechi Berry
    Adament/Jolly

Return
    Earthquake
    aerial ace
    Rest/Steel Wing

No need for Dragon Dance since Ninjask is passing Speed and Attack. Rest may not be worthwhile, duno if Altaria can last a rest so Steel Wing may be worth putting over it. If you can acess Liechi/Salac Berry's use them

Dusclops @ Leftovers
    Impish/Calm

Toxic/Curse
    Mean Look
    Confuse Ray/Attract
    Rest

I like this trapper moveset. He has the defenses to pull it off and its very effective (Cofnuse Ray + Toxic or Curse + Attract)

Machamp @ Shell Bell/Salac/Liechi Berry
    Adament

Cross Chop/Brick Break/Revenge
    Earthquake
    Rock Slide [You have acess to FR/LG]
    Return/Bulk Up

Rather simple, sweep. Bulk Up if yo uwanna bosot yoru attack further, although sending boosts from Ninjask may be worthwhile

Starmie @ Leftovers/Salac/Petaya/Chesto Berry
    Modest/ Timid

Thunder/Cosmic Power
    Rain Dance/Recover/Rest
    Psychic
    Surf

Pretty Simple, you can go with the speical sweeper set or tank set

Manectric @ Kings Rock
    Modest/ Timid

Thunder/bolt
    Rain Dance/Roar
    Thunder Wave
    Bite

Could work well with Special Sweeper Starmie. Bite + Kings Rock = 60% chance of flinch

Junior Trainer
    Junior Trainer

Originally posted by Onimusha
    Rest may not be worthwhile, duno if Altaria can last a rest so Steel Wing may be worth putting over it. If [/I]
    Im actually taking advantage of Natural Cure. And DD is needed coz im prolly gonna switch out and by then ninjask will have low health

ah. Well, put it this way, stat boosting moves on a Pokemon that is intended to switch is not a good idea